Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

So no eating out, no shopping?

This has been covered. They were given two options. They chose both. Cases rose.

What was the mistake Martin admitted to? That's a head scratcher...

The mistake was thinking that Irish people would use a bit of cop on and not put family members lives at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I'd like to congratulate the people of the north for their vacine rollout and on getting their numbers down to the 200's today.

I hope our government have gotten over what ever problem they had in contacting and are liaising with their counterparts to ensure we re-open society with the best chance of suppressing this awfulness.

This is not the time for political one-upmanship and macabre competitions. Own house in order first etc etc.

The North is doing well with declining cases. Plus the South have even lower 7 and 14 day incidence rates, so well done to us too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Would i be right in thinking FG won't be canvassing any voters who've had Covid, seeing as the party line is they brought it on themselves,

Green party are in government in the North, funny how they've escaped the FG vitriol

• Registered Users Posts: 27,993 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Green party are in government in the North, funny how they've escaped the FG vitriol

Are they now?

Where did you get that idea from?

Basic facts and information will tell you differently.

• Advertisement

The discussion was moves made at Christmas and how cases rose and Martin said it was a mistake. How worse or better they are faring elsewhere serves only to deflect.

Are you seriously still banging on about the funeral from several months ago and comparing it to the FF/FG/Green government making up their own rules at Christmas? Should I raise Clifden? no, because it's not relevant IMO.

Martin stated they made a mistake in not following NPHET advice. That's the discussion. How the north is doing means little or nothing. The rates over Christmas had nothing to do with MON or Flanagan attending funerals early last year.

We are lucky because 'it's worse elsewhere'. The FF/FG bar of not being worst isn't up to scratch quite frankly. Especially considering we were 'worst in the world' and that was dismissed anyway :rolleyes:

Once again the disingenuous misrepresentation continues.

It will be interesting to see if you can keep up the outrage for four more years.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Are they now?

Where did you get that idea from?

Basic facts and information will tell you differently.

2 MLAs, power sharing executive, everyone is in government,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

2 MLAs, power sharing executive, everyone is in government,

Nope, the Greens aren't in power, no ministers or cabinet members.
    That's like saying if you're a TD you're in power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Once again the disingenuous misrepresentation continues.

It will be interesting to see if you can keep up the outrage for four more years.

How so? You keep making these little one line jibes and moving on.
    The government didn't follow advice. The cases increased. Martin admitted they made a mistake. Simples.

The outrage is more disappointment. It'll persist as long as FF/FG/Greens keep behaving as they have been I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Example: Mummy, daddy, little darlings, uncle, auntie and their little darlings have dinner with paternal grandparents and great grandma Christmas Day. So far so good.
    Then Stephens Day, mummy, daddy, little darlings, another uncle, auntie and their teenage darlings dine with maternal grandparents.
    Technically, they were ok in that three families mixed each day.
    The stupidity arises in them thinking that what they did was ok.
    But, shur, Twas ok. Da gubberment said so!

The absolute bang of Rees-Mogg, "I would have left because I'm smarter than everyone else," off this.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-50302573

• Advertisement

The mistake was thinking that Irish people would use a bit of cop on and not put family members lives at risk.

The mistake was not following the advice given.
    The Irish people have cop on. Like any society we have varying levels of cop on.
    What is it with FF/FG? No accountability or very little. Financial melt down, we all went mad, partied. Mother and baby homes has MM apologising on all our behalf. Folk like Leo telling us how great the numbers are before Christmas and talking about his social plans and together with FF/Green not following NPHET advice, the public ****ed up again *roll eyes emoji*.
    We should really get in a government that take responsibility one of these days. I don't see the point in electing a government that tries to lay blame on the people pay them to govern them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Almost the same number of adults vaccinated in the UK.

How are we doing I wonder. We were promised daily vaccination figures in early Jan.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Almost the same number of adults vaccinated in the UK.

How are we doing I wonder. We were promised daily vaccination figures in early Jan.

Here's today's update for you. The figures will lag by 2 or 3 days due to validations.

https://twitter.com/COVID19DataIE/status/1359148809411043330?s=19

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Here's today's update for you. The figures will lag by 2 or 3 days due to validations.

Today’s update? 3 days old!

Today’s update? 3 days old!

Today's update of vaccines up to the 6th. There will be a lag of a few days in the data.

Nope, the Greens aren't in power, no ministers or cabinet members.
    That's like saying if you're a TD you're in power.

Sure they keep telling me that Sinn Fein are not in power in the North, no wonder they have switched to saying that the Greens are in power.

It is always someone else's fault.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »

I'd like to congratulate the people of the north for their vacine rollout and on getting their numbers down to the 200's today.

I hope our government have gotten over what ever problem they had in contacting and are liaising with their counterparts to ensure we re-open society with the best chance of suppressing this awfulness.

This is not the time for political one-upmanship and macabre competitions. Own house in order first etc etc.

The real numbers don't back Francie up on the vaccine roll-out.

Only 27,463 have got the second dose in the North, and that is what counts against the UK/Kent variant. A few days ago, Ireland had 84,344 who had got the second dose.

Pretty similar situation.

Sure they keep telling me that Sinn Fein are not in power in the North, no wonder they have switched to saying that the Greens are in power.

It is always someone else's fault.

Its power sharing with no tax raising ability, all MLAs make up the government so every party is in government, however seeing as you now say that FFG have no responsibility for the third wave it sort of doesn't matter who is in power anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 69,329 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The north is run by 'mandatory coalition' not a voluntary one.

It is not that hard to understand.

• Advertisement

The real numbers don't back Francie up on the vaccine roll-out.

Only 27,463 have got the second dose in the North, and that is what counts against the UK/Kent variant. A few days ago, Ireland had 84,344 who had got the second dose.

Pretty similar situation.

I wasn't congratulating them on winning a 'macabre prize' blanch. I congratulated them because they are getting it done.

Its power sharing with no tax raising ability, all MLAs make up the government so every party is in government, however seeing as you now say that FFG have no responsibility for the third wave it sort of doesn't matter who is in power anywhere

Of course the current government have responsibility for how they have managed the crisis, and this can only be measured by comparison with elsewhere. Basic facts are that it is a pandemic and people die.

If the FF/FG/Green government had followed the Northern Ireland policies, around 1,400 extra people would have died by now down here. Small mercies and all that.

Of course the current government have responsibility for how they have managed the crisis, and this can only be measured by comparison with elsewhere. Basic facts are that it is a pandemic and people die.

If the FF/FG/Green government had followed the Northern Ireland policies, around 1,400 extra people would have died by now down here. Small mercies and all that.

If I make a mistake in my carpentry hobby...it doesn't matter a damn what the guy next door does, my mortice joint won't fit.

If I make a mistake in my carpentry hobby...it doesn't matter a damn what the guy next door does, my mortice joint won't fit.

We are not making wardrobes or building walls, running a country is a very different thing.

We are not making wardrobes or building walls, running a country is a very different thing.

Exact same thing. You can judge a performance on it's own merits. This is NOT a competition. Behind every number is a real person and you cannot write them off/ignore them/ move them about on your balance sheets in order to try and make your party look better...it's a disgusting way to behave tbh.

So can we say if they followed New Zealand we'd have a lot less or do comparisons only work in relation to taking pressure off FF/FG/Green?
    How about if FF/FG/Green had followed NPHET advice all the way along we wouldn't be looking at a possible third wave?
    Ireland was worst in the world at one point. As with all things, society would be better served if FF/FG/Green looked at FF/FG/Green and see how they could perform better.

So can we say if they followed New Zealand we'd have a lot less or do comparisons only work in relation to taking pressure off FF/FG/Green?
    How about if FF/FG/Green had followed NPHET advice all the way along we wouldn't be looking at a possible third wave?
    Ireland was worst in the world at one point. As with all things, society would be better served if FF/FG/Green looked at FF/FG/Green and see how they could perform better.

UK, including Northern Ireland was worst in the world too at one point, and for longer, so that is relevant, how?

Any country could be worst in the world for a time.

Keep ranting all you like, but the facts come out and show you up time and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

What is FFG going to use next for the excuse to avoid mandatory quarantine? They've run out of road excuse wise.

https://twitter.com/irishexaminer/status/1359164673946451982?s=19

UK, including Northern Ireland was worst in the world too at one point, and for longer, so that is relevant, how?

Any country could be worst in the world for a time.

Keep ranting all you like, but the facts come out and show you up time and again.

It's relevant because we are speaking on the FF/FG/Green government and Ireland was worst in the world at one point. Hardly a sign they did a grand job.

And if my auntie had balls...we are talking about the FF/FG/Green government and Ireland.

I'm ranting? :) You are dismissing and ignoring facts.
    I said Ireland was worst in the world at one point. You saying, sing it with me, 'well so could anyone', doesn't dispute that fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

For some strange reason this keeps popping into my head when some folk start playing their macabre point scoring exercises on here.

You can just picture them, sitting at the edge of their seats waiting on the daily death toll numbers to come in so they can be compared.

Unfortunately, some here have proven time and time again that they're not above using tragic deaths of others to score points on this site.

Not something to be proud of, I'd have thought, but whatever you're into I suppose. There's people out there into all kind of weird and dark sh1t.

https://youtu.be/-_V43QT7mrg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement