Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The_Brood wrote: »
    I would take a century of Trump than another week of these absolute ****steins. At least with a clown you know you get a clown. While these muppets look you dead in the face and tell you lies. Schools not the spread, right? In defiance of all logic, common sense, and medical evidence to the contrary. They'll destroy livelihoods because you can't have a shop open serving coffee, but house parties go on full rage with no power to stop them?

Criminals that need to rot for the rest of their lives in prison. Disgrace.

Eh, the medical evidence is that schools do not spread it, so what’s your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Hope that one gets picked up tomorrow. He should right and truly embarrassed for it. As well as the other stuff.

Between now and the morning should be enough time to try and imply it was Mary Lou McDonald's fault he let his brain fart out loudly on the national airwaves.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Between now and the morning should be enough time to try and imply it was Mary Lou McDonald's fault he let his brain fart out loudly on the national airwaves.

Is that the same Mary-Lou who once again wanted to shut down education today on Newstalk?

Has she dropped her wish to keep the pubs open? Maybe the mums and dads could bring the kids to the pub for real-life education?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

blanch152 wrote: »
    Eh, the medical evidence is that schools do not spread it, so what’s your point?

How, how, how, how.

1) The virus spreads incredibly easily and quickly, while children are known to not be as affected by the actual symptoms, even if they have it. 100% then it makes sense why you won't detect a very high rate of Covid in children - they are not tested nearly as much, and the virus spreads to their parents/other adults who then are tested more often and display heavier symptoms. This is basic logic.

2) Confined indoor spaces with multitudes on top of each for long periods throughout the day are the EXACT method the Covid 19 virus spreads. Every single last known study has shown this. That is how the virus is transmitted. This is why we wear masks, practice social distancing, try not to gather indoors etc etc. Unless Ireland is magically the only place on planet Earth where the opposite is true, then logically schools are a massive spreader of the virus.

None of this is murky, unclear, or hard to understand. Ignoring it is nothing, absolutely nothing short of criminal and in need of consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Sure, I understand that, but blaming Govt is a cop out.
    I was in Longford the other day, I met several people from Cavan shopping in the stores in town. They were from a level 4 County and not supposed to be there
    So I can see the sense of the all Ireland lockdown because of that. But that's the problem, not that restrictions weren't in place, just ignored.

There's no consequences for their actions, threats of fines that never happen, if people know they can do what they want without any comeback they are going to do it,,
    fines and curfews are the only answer,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

How, how, how, how.

1) The virus spreads incredibly easily and quickly, while children are known to not be as affected by the actual symptoms, even if they have it. 100% then it makes sense why you won't detect a very high rate of Covid in children - they are not tested nearly as much, and the virus spreads to their parents/other adults who then are tested more often and display heavier symptoms. This is basic logic.

2) Confined indoor spaces with multitudes on top of each for long periods throughout the day are the EXACT method the Covid 19 virus spreads. Every single last known study has shown this. That is how the virus is transmitted. This is why we wear masks, practice social distancing, try not to gather indoors etc etc. Unless Ireland is magically the only place on planet Earth where the opposite is true, then logically schools are a massive spreader of the virus.

None of this is murky, unclear, or hard to understand. Ignoring it is nothing, absolutely nothing short of criminal and in need of consequences.

midterm kicks in on Friday, they'll extend it out like the leak said a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I think blanch might get there before him. :)

At least the paper of record is calling it what it is...a reverse.

EkuaJwIWAAAm02t?format=jpg&name=small

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

At least the paper of record is calling it what it is...a reverse.

EkuaJwIWAAAm02t?format=jpg&name=small

I like how it's called a "policy" as if we're discussing serious matters and not being hammered down by a bunch of absolute idiots who couldn't tie their shoelaces. Tell me again how the schools are not spreading the virus? These lot aren't worth pissing on the put out a fire. And that is most respectable thing I can say about this government and its decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I like how it's called a "policy" as if we're discussing serious matters and not being hammered down by a bunch of absolute idiots who couldn't tie their shoelaces. Tell me again how the schools are not spreading the virus? These lot aren't worth pissing on the put out a fire. And that is most respectable thing I can say about this government and its decisions.

Who are you yapping about,pal, the Shinners.?

It’s reassuring to have such intellectuals amongst us to take over .

Let us know when you have everything sorted, a chara.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Who are you yapping about,pal, the Shinners.?

It’s reassuring to have such intellectuals amongst us to take over .

Let us know when you have everything sorted, a chara.

Sure aren't we in strong and stable hands a chara lol.

https://twitter.com/KevDoyle_Indo/status/1318306000269680643?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

smurgen wrote: »

Logical answer to you and others that are unsure.
    Midnight only happens once on wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

blanch152 wrote: »

:rolleyes:

The virus does not like algebra?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

smurgen wrote: »

That is unbelievable. They cant even get the simplest communication right.

That is unbelievable. They cant even get the simplest communication right.

How confused are you?
    When do you think the restrictions start?
    Do you think Wednesday morning comes after midnight Wednesday?
    If so you should isolate and restrict yourself accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Logical answer to you and others that are unsure.
    Midnight only happens once on wednesday.

Bish, lead these lads along slowly, they will query everything, that’s how they operate.

You have the big Lollipop Pearse straight in claiming money for everyone...:D

The same people who were buck-leppin and ignoring all restrictions a few weeks ago!!!

Then tries to politicise the issue when he did nothing in his own county or area of jurisdiction for his party.

Edwin was right..........Aaaaah shure....;)

That's what I was thinking when I heard him blurt that waffle out of his mouth, and also gave "we didn't know what to do with PUP" as a reason to attack NPHET......

Heads-up Leo, it's not NPHETS fault you and your coalition partners didn't know what to do,not is their responsibility to figure it out for you either - you lads are in the big chairs making the decisions.

CB got rightfully stuck into Donnelly too, telling him that they gambled on black and it came up red, and now we had six weeks of Lockdown to deal with their dithering and incompetence.

It's a sh1tshow, people are going to be rightly angry.

Yes, we are rightly angry that the few selfish morons who ignored guidelines have put the rest of us in danger.
    Here’s just one example. https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1019/1172407-covid-19-midwest/

How, how, how, how.

Except the statistics don't back you up. The positivity rate from school environments is far lower than the positivity rate from the general community.

Schools have nowhere been shown to be linked to the spread of the disease in any major way.

How confused are you?
    When do you think the restrictions start?
    Do you think Wednesday morning comes after midnight Wednesday?
    If so you should isolate and restrict yourself accordingly.

You completely missed the point. Deliberately.

Leo was in talks all day about this - why was he confused? ;)

The optics are beyond embarrassing.

Don't get me wrong, I am not one bit surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Poor Leo was in a daze all day knowing that they had f**ked up two weeks previously by not listening to NPHET and bringing in the lockdown sooner.

• Advertisement

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Poor Leo was in a daze all day knowing that they had f**ked up two weeks previously by not listening to NPHET and bringing in the lockdown sooner.

Getting his excuses in order. Probably distracted alright.

Some schools of thought do say say midnight is the start of the day. Leo was clearing that up.

From quora,

"There for 23:69 is the same as 11:59pm and the second it clicks over to 12 or 24 hours. the clock resets back to 00:00 Thus midnight is the very start of the next day. So yes the day finishes at 11:59 and 59 seconds and 12 midnight is 12 AM thus a new day."

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Some schools of thought do say say midnight is the start of the day. Leo was clearing that up.

Still trying to spin it the FG way but Leo looked like a dope, end of story.

From quora,

"There for 23:69 is the same as 11:59pm and the second it clicks over to 12 or 24 hours. the clock resets back to 00:00 Thus midnight is the very start of the next day. So yes the day finishes at 11:59 and 59 seconds and 12 midnight is 12 AM thus a new day."

:D

ok then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

My view is I'm not too worried about when the lockdown is
    I'm resigned to it not working
    I'm resigned to stop start stop start shut downs
    I'm resigned to a vaccine ending this not people or governments
    I'm resigned to thinking that anger needs to be directed towards people you know are not following guidelines
    Yes anger at this stage
    I know of 2 cases of blatant flouting of quarantine by positive people who knew they were positive
    One of them called over to an immunocompromised person to borrow a saw and said nothing until 2 days later when the saw was wanted back
    I mean FFS

Nobotty wrote: »
    I'm resigned to thinking that anger needs to be directed towards people you know are not following guidelines
    Yes anger at this stage
    I know of 2 cases of blatant flouting of quarantine by positive people who knew they were positive
    One of them called over to an immunocompromised person to borrow a saw and said nothing until 2 days later when the saw was wanted back
    I mean FFS

That is very optimistic. It may take several years for a vaccine to allow a return to normal life.

Nobotty wrote: »
    Yes anger at this stage
    I mean FFS

They know that too nobot, it's the political game and wind up on here.
    You have to play them at their own game sometimes.

Wait till some of our present govt are shackled to SF, see how, they will handle that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

They know that too nobot, it's the political game and wind up on here.
    You have to play them at their own game sometimes.

Wait till some of our present govt are shackled to SF, see how, they will handle that one.

I'm not interested in tit for tat
    What I do know is SF public representatives are reasonable
    They do not espouse some of the stuff on here but do have some clangers yeah but so do other parties,some worse than each other
    I do not take the stuff written here as the real world
    Interesting sometimes not the real world

Last opinion poll showed not much change in parties support which tells you the 'Anger' here is more tit for tat than the real world at the moment
    4 years left which is a long long time in politics
    I think the strangest coalition in the world probably will last if as we've seen there's no backlash
    That time would build a lot of houses
    Where the issues are in 2024/5 or party support who knows
    Depends now what Brexit brings and on how Biden does
    A trump win might bring a rampant Brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Yes, we are rightly angry that the few selfish morons who ignored guidelines have put the rest of us in danger.
    Here’s just one example. https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1019/1172407-covid-19-midwest/

How can you be sure this is true? It is very convenient a story like this crops up just as we are going into lockdown. Hard to know who or what to believe anymore and before you say it RTE are paragons of virtue here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement