Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

If you don't know then that is why anyone espousing that politically with intent to implement is dangerous.
    Corporation tax is our saviour.
    Multinationals are by far our biggest employers and pay our highest wages.
    You mention pharmaceuticals in your original post, where do most of them originate?
    Yes, we would have mass emigration if this sector is harmed and less need for housing.
    Roughly 400, 000 of our taxpayers are in the fdi employment sector.

These guys shilling ‘home industry’ haven’t a bulls clue .

We can augment our industry yes, but to think we can have the the lifestyle and conditions we have at present with just home industry is pie in the sky.

Complete codswallop.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,334 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

If you don't know then that is why anyone espousing that politically with intent to implement is dangerous.
    Corporation tax is our saviour.
    Multinationals are by far our biggest employers and pay our highest wages.
    You mention pharmaceuticals in your original post, where do most of them originate?
    Yes, we would have mass emigration if this sector is harmed and less need for housing.
    Roughly 400, 000 of our taxpayers are in the fdi employment sector.

Complete misrepresentation of what was said by that poster.

Glide past the 'wean us off the over reliance...' line and go for peak sensationalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Im suprised,this has to be spelt out

Nowhere did i say to end the fdi sector?

Do you think its ridcolus having virtually all our eggs in that basket,and can you gaurantee in a post-covid world,there womt be moves to harmonise tax rate across europe for the next 40 or so years?

If there is,and this tax harmonisation is successful,who.will ffg blame for it,and the failure to prepare for it?

That's up to these sectors themselves then.
    The scope and supports for home industries are there.
    The agriculture sector is at full tilt but getting constrained by world wide restrictive practices.
    Mainly though the job of any govt is to create the conditions for these industries to thrive and there are proper supports in place for this to happen.
    You reckon we should be less dependent on fdi, this implies we should be discouraging it or people working in it.
    Not sure what your point is after that so unless you reckon the govt should be starting up businesses themselves?

Anytime the govt seem to help anything Irish industry wise be it construction, or beef etc etc, cronyism rings out loud and clear.

Complete misrepresentation of what was said by that poster.

Glide past the 'wean us off the over reliance...' line and go for peak sensationalism.

Not likely.
    Complete view of arguing nonsense.
    He reversed that in his next post by going to the where did I say that line.
    He doesn't want us weaned off it, he wants more Irish industry, I addressed that.

What supports are in place for smaller,more speliazesd mear processers to develop

Is it true,that one company,headed by a FG supporter,is solely responsible for handling offal and what is logic behind not deregualting that industry??

The government simply isnt helping state industry get off the ground (compare ida expense vs leader schemes)...

I personally know two independent meat processors in Longford alone, let alone a few butchers that process their own meat for their own shops.
    Is that a question or a statement ré the offal, i dont know the answer to that.
    But I know the offal plant at Monery, Crossdoney Co Cavan, and as far as I'm aware its a private enterprise, but I'm open to correction on that.
    If it's a question then obviously you don't know.
    If you're implying it as a truth then you should have evidence to back it up with a company name or alleged FG backer name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

grayzer75 wrote: »

Where is Donnelly mentioned in that?

Where is Donnelly mentioned in that?

The report on the radio stated Donnelly told Mehole it didn't happen but everyone knows it did happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,000 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Who is mehole?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

What supports are in place for smaller,more speliazesd mear processers to develop

Is it true,that one company,headed by a FG supporter,is solely responsible for handling offal and what is logic behind not deregualting that industry??

The government simply isnt helping state industry get off the ground (compare ida expense vs leader schemes)...

What supports do you think the government need to put in place for smaller meat processors?

What is this company that you mentioned, and who is the person who owns this company?
    What regulations or restrictions need to be removed from the industry?

What do you think the government should do to help state industry get off the ground?

• Advertisement

The report on the radio stated Donnelly told Mehole it didn't happen but everyone knows it did happen.

I believe you OK, listening to local radio at times myself it can bring mixed messages news wise, but your link didn't mention Donnelly, but attributes the denial to the Hse originally.
    Who mentioned him, was it the report or Fitzpatrick?

I believe you OK, listening to local radio at times myself it can bring mixed messages news wise, but your link didn't mention Donnelly, but attributes the denial to the Hse originally.
    Who mentioned him, was it the report or Fitzpatrick?

HSE confirmed to radio station there had been mixing of covid positive staff with non covid positive staff in local hotel in breach of protocols.

On the back of this Fitzpatrick challenged Mehole about it, reporter stated Donnelly told Mehole that his sources in the HSE said it didn't happen even though the staff confirmed themselves it did.

I don't know whether Mehole is deliberately being fed sh*te by Donnelly or some HSE staff but he certainly isn't being made aware of what's actually happening on the ground and is being left open when challenged by fellow TD's.

HSE confirmed to radio station there had been mixing of covid positive staff with non covid positive staff in local hotel in breach of protocols.

On the back of this Fitzpatrick challenged Mehole about it, reporter stated Donnelly told Mehole that his sources in the HSE said it didn't happen even though the staff confirmed themselves it did.

I don't know whether Mehole is deliberately being fed sh*te by Donnelly or some HSE staff but he certainly isn't being made aware of what's actually happening on the ground and is being left open when challenged by fellow TD's.

Who is this Mehole you keep mentioning?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

blanch152 wrote: »

Sleepy Joe, Mehole, Crooked Hilary and Leo The Leak, they have 'witty' derogatory nicknames for everyone these days.

The Leak's understudy.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Sleepy Joe, Mehole, Crooked Hilary and Leo The Leak, they have 'witty' derogatory nicknames for everyone these days.

They label the other to dehumanise.

It is the same with words like "partitionist" that they use, objectify the opposition and dehumanise.

It is a well-know debating tactic favoured by extremists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

I don't follow politics much due to the amount of hypocrisy and lies involved, but I see MeMartin is eager to travel to an infected country to present a bowl of weeds, due to the special relationship between the USA and Ireland, literally an ego trip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

I don't follow politics much due to the amount of hypocrisy and lies involved, but I see MeMartin is eager to travel to an infected country to present a bowl of weeds, due to the special relationship between the USA and Ireland, literally an ego trip
    The Irish name autocorrected to MeMartin (:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Jaysus some last week lost their reason when the bowl of shamrock was compared to a bowl of Salad, I dread to think what is going to happen now that is has been called a bowl of weeds? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 eireholidays

Just booked the Holidays for March after the news of Mickey going on his holidays to America.

Have a house in Spain so will have no baggage with me. Lets see them try to fine someone out for a walk (less than 5k from his house) around the airport.

• Advertisement

Just booked the Holidays for March after the news of Mickey going on his holidays to America.

Have a house in Spain so will have no baggage with me. Lets see them try to fine someone out for a walk (less than 5k from his house) around the airport.

Just on that, I heard people are getting dropped off over near the drive through McDonalds at the other side and walking round to departures thus missing the checkpoint entering the airport - crazy stuff if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 eireholidays

Just on that, I heard people are getting dropped off over near the drive through McDonals at the other side and walking round to departures thus missing the checkpoint entering the airport - crazy stuff if true.

I know some who have done it myself. Its as if the Gardai think there is only 1 way to get into the airport. I know 2 who when questioned just showed proof of holiday home they own and all they said was we are going out to sell it, Gardai enjoy your trip (i.e you would need to be a gob****e to get fined)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

They should stop all these pointless US jolly's with taxpayer's weeds :)

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/copy-the-irish-uk-diplomats-told-after-irelands-wins-in-us-40036471.html

Anyone thanks thinks the Taoiseach going to the White House is just a picture opportunity with some shamrock needs a bit of cop on. It has always been a major opportunity for Ireland and other countries have been told to copy the Irish approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

And believe it or not, I hope so.
    They could become a viable entity in time and hopefully offer a real alternative with no baggage or hidden agenda other than representing their constituents.
    But they have two high profile TD's, Murphy and Shortall, both the wrong side the beginning of the end game for starting a political revolution.
    They, and Labour are among a group who cowed away from a chance to make a difference after the last election, opting instead to hurl from the ditch, never lose a game on the ditch you know, instead of taking a responsible role during the pandemic.
    At the minute I'd put them in the "cute hoor" category

When Varadkar 'relished going into opposition' it was seen as politically astute. He was to watch the oncoming ****show from the sidelines.
    If not for FF, FG would have gone into opposition because they would not have found the numbers otherwise.
    So it's hypocritical to condemn parties because they are in opposition and in the case of the SD's, didn't want to partner with the two cynical failures FF and FG. That was their chance to make a real difference and I am thankful they took that stand.
    FF/FG have not ushered in a new era. It's the same aul' ****e.
    Was FF and FG, the 'rivals' partnering up to maintain the civil war party monopoly not the height of cute hoorism?

Who is mehole?

The Taoiseach.

The Taoiseach.

When Varadkar 'relished going into opposition' it was seen as politically astute. He was to watch the oncoming ****show from the sidelines.
    If not for FF, FG would have gone into opposition because they would not have found the numbers otherwise.
    So it's hypocritical to condemn parties because they are in opposition and in the case of the SD's, didn't want to partner with the two cynical failures FF and FG. That was their chance to make a real difference and I am thankful they took that stand.
    FF/FG have not ushered in a new era. It's the same aul' ****e.
    Was FF and FG, the 'rivals' partnering up to maintain the civil war party monopoly not the height of cute hoorism?

Great to see you acknowledge that Varadkar initially relished going into opposition as that was the best place for his party and it was only after the failure of Sinn Fein to form a government that Fine Gael intervened and stepped up to the plate for the country.

Sinn Fein are in opposition because they failed miserably to get anyone to talk to them. Labour and SDs are in opposition because they ran away from responsibility.

The Taoiseach.

Is that his name?

Bubbaclaus wrote: »

You've never seen this kind of thing before? Been going on years on Boards alone.
    Sleepy Eamo is very apt IMO.

• Advertisement

Is that his name?

No, it's Mehole :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement