Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,336 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

They'll be trawling the tweet machine in FG HQ again. :)

Fair play to Doherty here.

https://twitter.com/sinnfeinireland/status/1359847704680103940

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

You've never seen this kind of thing before? Been going on years on Boards alone.
    Sleepy Eamo is very apt IMO.

Started coming into the forefront with Trump and his Crooked Hillary/Crazy Nancý etc jibs in 2016, and I note you joined boards after this date so it makes sense that you feel it has been around here for years, since it has been your full time here.

I find all these derogatory nicknames for politicians to be a bit childish to be honest. Eamon Ryan falling asleep once during a period where they were clearly working exceptionally long hours and the fella is still being mocked over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Started coming into the forefront with Trump and his Crooked Hillary/Crazy Nancý etc jibs in 2016, and I note you joined boards after this date so it makes sense that you feel it has been around here for years, since it has been your full time here.

I find all these derogatory nicknames for politicians to be a bit childish to be honest. Eamon Ryan falling asleep once during a period where they were clearly working exceptionally long hours and the fella is still being mocked over it.

He's done it more than once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    They label the other to dehumanise.

It is the same with words like "partitionist" that they use, objectify the opposition and dehumanise.

It is a well-know debating tactic favoured by extremists.

Like 'good republican'?
    Are you an extremist?

They should stop all these pointless US jolly's with taxpayer's weeds :)

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/copy-the-irish-uk-diplomats-told-after-irelands-wins-in-us-40036471.html

Anyone thanks thinks the Taoiseach going to the White House is just a picture opportunity with some shamrock needs a bit of cop on. It has always been a major opportunity for Ireland and other countries have been told to copy the Irish approach.

It's very important and should be continued....but not during a global pandemic. It sends out a bad message.
    MM just wants a selfie for his scrap book.
    Biden has promised to visit Ireland. Quoted Joyce etc. We'll survive MM not making an arse of himself on Paddy's day.

• Advertisement

Great to see you acknowledge that Varadkar initially relished going into opposition...

I appreciate the acknowledgment. That was my point. Bish was throwing shade at other parties for doing so. The SD's must be admired for telling FF/FG were to go IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,000 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Like 'good republican'?
    Are you an extremist?

"Good republican" is a phrase made popular by Gerry Adams to refer to other nationalists. If you secure an apology from him for using it, I would be happy to join.

Is that his name?

More of a title. It means 'Chief' I believe.

I think it gives an interesting insight into the type of corruption that Sinn Fein would bring to government. Independent agencies are tasked with regulatory jobs to do, politicians shouldn't be interfering with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Floppybits

"Good republican" is a phrase made popular by Gerry Adams to refer to other nationalists. If you secure an apology from him for using it, I would be happy to join.

I have neve seen so much hatred towards republicans as what comes from you. Is there are reason why you are so hateful?

• Advertisement

If it gains any traction Leo will sell it as his own.
    He always reminds of this:
    Lord Heseltine has told Good Morning Britain that Boris Johnson is a politician who “waits to see the way the crowd is running and then dashes in front”.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Floppybits wrote: »
    I have neve seen so much hatred towards republicans as what comes from you. Is there are reason why you are so hateful?

Straight from the green book. So to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

grayzer75 wrote: »
    He's done it more than once.

Link? There were rumours of him doing it other times but they were all debunked as fake news. I'm only aware of the once.

Never used those ones myself. We'd Reynolds successfully sue over being called 'Gombeen man' and we have many nick names and titles thrown around this years. Biffo Cowen, Baldy Noonan for example. What Lord Kilclooney called Varadkar etc.

I'm not offended. What Adams thinks of it doesn't matter to me. It's like partitionist IMO. You use 'good republican' regularly. Was just pointing out your hypocrisy.

I think it gives an interesting insight into the type of corruption that Sinn Fein would bring to government. Independent agencies are tasked with regulatory jobs to do, politicians shouldn't be interfering with that.

Like putting a FF senator on to SIPO and passing a confidential government negotiation document to a pal who was head of a rival union or giving a party shill a top judicial appointment?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 eireholidays

Like putting a FF senator on to SIPO and passing a confidential government negotiation document to a pal who was head of a rival union or giving a party shill a top judicial appointment?

But Sinn Fein members went to a funeral and as a result Leo was forced to hand that paper over and FF have always been crooks so its ok.

If it gains any traction Leo will sell it as his own.
    He always reminds of this:

The hallmark of Leo's career in fairness.

I think it's a Communications Centre technique. Martin is doing it now with the trip...get a few Ministers like Paschal out to test the water and gauge whether he'll get away with it before committing. Weak, populist leadership.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

“A bit childish”

These idiots seem to think that that rubbish is somehow ‘witty’.

Springs from the auld placards from Alphabets and Solidarity and Rise and all the other non-entities who are in politics for the wedge with no intention whatsoever of taking any risks to influence the national stage.

Time we lifted the slate on guys like Fitzmaurice, and McGrath and the HRs.

But knowing their support base it won’t happen.

Look at that idiot Flanagan, what did he ever do for this country, except trouser the wedge.

Wake up people......

“A bit childish”

You never nicknamed a politician Brendi? That what you are claiming?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Donnelly getting caught out by his lies or fairytales by Newstalk just now.

He really is the pits.

The spoof comes naturally to Fianna Failers.

Never used those ones myself. We'd Reynolds successfully sue over being called 'Gombeen man' and we have many nick names and titles thrown around this years. Biffo Cowen, Baldy Noonan for example. What Lord Kilclooney called Varadkar etc.

I think the only poster who has ever referenced that was you?

Says a lot.

“A bit childish”

Springs from the auld placards from Alphabets and Solidarity and Rise and all the other non-entities who are in politics for the wedge with no intention whatsoever of taking any risks to influence the national stage.

Time we lifted the slate on guys like Fitzmaurice, and McGrath and the HRs.

But knowing their support base it won’t happen.

Look at that idiot Flanagan, what did he ever do for this country, except trouser the wedge.

Wake up people......

Or wedge the trousers?

I think the only poster who has ever referenced that was you?

Says a lot.

Says **** all Blanch. You spend an unhealthy amount of time making spurious and unfounded inferences and claims.
    You use the man's heritage and sexuality more than anyone.

We discussed it before and you lied pretending we hadn't to try have me sanctioned by moderators, which is in part why I phrased it so. The context is names given to public figures. Here you go attacking the poster.

Well the teachers union have pulled out of talks again. I'd say her nibs is looking for Terry Prone to bail her out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Well the teachers union have pulled out of talks again. I'd say her nibs is looking for Terry Prone to bail her out again.

No one should engage with government while that vile thing is in their employment

• Registered Users Posts: 47 eireholidays

Worst Education Minister EVER

Worst Education Minister EVER

accompanied by worst health minister ever. FF really do pick 'em!

• Advertisement

accompanied by worst health minister ever. FF really do pick 'em!

TBF Harris wasn't much use, neither was Varadkar.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement