Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

TBF Harris wasn't much use, neither was Varadkar.

Gino Kenny for the next one, for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Give Simon another go. he played a blinder on Covid 18 and they got rid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Pissing off the ASTI is the mark of a good education minister

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Floppybits

No one should engage with government while that vile thing is in their employment

Are the schools ever going to reopen at this rate? Starting to get really p**d off at the teachers and their unions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,000 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I'm not offended. What Adams thinks of it doesn't matter to me. It's like partitionist IMO. You use 'good republican' regularly. Was just pointing out your hypocrisy.

No hypocrisy there. Gerry Adams introduced the phrase as a reference to people on his side that he wanted to praise. Anyone of that ilk should be glad to be referred to in such terms.

Partitionist was introduced on these boards as an insult.

• Advertisement

Totally agree. He’s got all the answers.

No better man, shure we'll all be high on cannabis so we won't know how bad things are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    No hypocrisy there. Gerry Adams introduced the phrase as a reference to people on his side that he wanted to praise. Anyone of that ilk should be glad to be referred to in such terms.

Partitionist was introduced on these boards as an insult.

You claimed using 'partitionist' was an effort to dehumanise people. What's you calling every shinner you've issue with a 'good republican'? Are you comparing them to Michael Collins or showing respect? You use it as a slur. As I said, hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,613 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Unlike a lot of the hard left TDs who had a privileged backround and went to fee paying schools Gino is the real deal and worked as a carer in a few different hospitals, in fact he is probably more clued in about the health service than Donnelly ever will be.

I despise the likes of Coppinger and Murphy who are just populists but Gino is a decent skin IMO.

No better man, shure we'll all be high on cannabis so we won't know how bad things are.

Oh we know how bad things are. Only you running distraction for them.
    Is that how Eamon Ryan sleeps at night, (and various other times)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,338 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Another lovely example of stereotyping. Somebody who smokes a joint is always high in the same way as some who likes a whiskey is always drunk. That what you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Another lovely example of stereotyping. Somebody who smokes a joint is always high in the same way as some who likes a whiskey is always drunk. That what you mean?

Didn't Varadkar admit to getting stoned on occasion?

Unlike a lot of the hard left TDs who had a privileged backround and went to fee paying schools Gino is the real deal and worked as a carer in a few different hospitals, in fact he is probably more clued in about the health service than Donnelly ever will be.

I despise the likes of Coppinger and Murphy who are just populists but Gino is a decent skin IMO.

They way they spin it if you come from a middle class background you're a fraud, (unless in FG, then it's okay) and if you are working class you're a joke. Stereotyping and ignorant.

Yes, Fine Gael the hypocrisy and selfie party.
    Taoiseach says he hasn't taken any illegal drugs other than cannabis
    When quizzed if he had ever smoked cannabis, he added: "I did a bit in my college years, yeah.

The kind of people finance the criminal drug gangs and then look down on the people have to live in the same neighbourhoods as them. Especially if they run for office.

Was it a popular 'down with the kids' thing to say at the time? He probably did. He'd say anything to be popular. :)

Was it a popular 'down with the kids' thing to say at the time? He probably did. He'd say anything to be popular. :)

Totally off topic. Back in 1985 I was pregnant on my second child and suffered horrendous morning sickness. One song that takes me right back is “Hey, Frankie”. I think of it whenever I see your name. To this day it makes me want to upchuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Like 'good republican'?
    Are you an extremist?

The term 'good republican' was first used by Gerry Adams. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I think it gives an interesting insight into the type of corruption that Sinn Fein would bring to government. Independent agencies are tasked with regulatory jobs to do, politicians shouldn't be interfering with that.

The stand out moment for me is when he admits in the Dail he met with the Central Bank privately...

WTF? Is there any minutes to this meeting?
    If SF gets into power, their abuse of power and corruption will make Haughy look like a school Chaplin.

markodaly wrote: »
    The term 'good republican' was first used by Gerry Adams. :p

So what?
    I find it highly unlikely he was the first to refer to someone as a 'good republican'.

The stand out moment for me is when he admits in the Dail he met with the Central Bank privately...

If SF gets into power, their abuse of power and corruption will make Haughy look like a school Chaplin.

:D:D:D FF FG and the Greens rounding the wagons to protect somebody who confessed to sharing state documents with vested interests versus a meeting with the central bank????

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Totally off topic. Back in 1985 I was pregnant on my second child and suffered horrendous morning sickness. One song that takes me right back is “Hey, Frankie”. I think of it whenever I see your name. To this day it makes me want to upchuck.

Not the only one.

Hahaha ah alex jones type stuff. Tell me where does it say that meeting with a state body is illegal?

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/bills/bill/2016/76/

Really, you don't know that Gino Kenny has published a Bill to deregulate cannabis?

Hardly stereotyping. Keep up.

Really, you don't know that Gino Kenny has published a Bill to deregulate cannabis?

Maybe you should use this opportunity to educate yourself about it!

So what?
    Plenty of people deal with legislation around alcohol...can they be accused of being drunks/stereotyped in the trite, intentionally demeaning way you did?

So what?
    Plenty of people deal with legislation around alcohol...can they be accused of being drunks/stereotyped in the trite, intentionally demeaning way you did?

You need to climb down off your high horse and go back and read my post again.

Ok, done that. Still think you are engaging with simplistic, demeaning stereotyping.
    blanch152 wrote:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Maybe you should open your mind and eyes and look at alternatives rather than pontification endlessly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Wow. Great to see the government have learned the lessons from last years Leaving Cert confusion.
    Utter chaos again. Hard to fathom.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

Well this is awkward. After all the fighting.

https://twitter.com/Independent_ie/status/1360277884691169286?s=19

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement