Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

For those interested...

http://noellebrown.com/survivors/
    Adopted people and Mother and Baby Homes survivors need your help!

Stand with us and tell the Government to stop the abuse:

Don’t Let the Commission Dissolve
    Give Unconditional Access to Birth Certs Now
    Open the Archive and Tell the Truth

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

For those interested...

http://noellebrown.com/survivors/

Good man for posting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

All the lads must have missed this one. There's usually four or five of them giving us an analysis. Internet must be down :rolleyes:

I never seen as little about a poll in fairness, you're right.
    Pretty much nothing new in there, a coalition needed, maybe a change of party or something.
    I see another report on FF prepared to go in with SF. That might have relevance and be true, or it could be FF cute hoorism to pick up some transfers that way, who knows?
    But for some reason this poll seems to have shot under the radar, not sure why?

An interesting piece here ré taxation in Ireland.
    We are classed as a highly progressive tax country.
    It seems that despite the detractors, our govts have created a very fair and equitable system when compared with our peers.
    Not bad for a country bad mouthed about, mostly by its own political opposition, but mainly praised by everyone else?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/business/personal-finance/what-is-the-truth-about-paying-tax-in-ireland-1.4101097%3fmode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I see a "senior official" from the department of health has turned whistleblower on Leo and the infamous confidential documents he passed to his bud.

Things could get heated here for Eamo and Michaél, considering they had confidence in him etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,338 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    I see a "senior official" from the department of health has turned whistleblower on Leo and the infamous confidential documents he passed to his bud.

Things could get heated here for Eamo and Michaél, considering they had confidence in him etc.

FG parliamentary party in ructions according to sources.

There will come a point where he will have to step aside or the wagons will be circled tighter. Not a good look for the coalition at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Floppybits

It should get heated for every TD in Dail Eireann who voted confidence in Varadkar. Hopefully this will Varadkar fiasco will cost a good few of those TD's that supported him their seats in the next election. What ever promise they got for supporting him I hope it was worth it.

OK, but what can he know that's different than the actual recipient of the document?
    This is getting boring actually at this stage.
    A lot of people, even FG voters accept that Varadkar was wrong and some even wish he would and accept he should go for this.
    But people are getting fed up of it beating about the Bush by the opposition too.
    There are a lot of things to be worried about right now, this isn't one of them really.

OK, but what can he know that's different than the actual recipient of the document?
    A lot of people, even FG voters accept that Varadkar was wrong and some even wish he would and accept he should go for this.
    But people are getting fed up of it beating about the Bush by the opposition too.
    There are a lot of things to be worried about right now, this isn't one of them really.

I think it is the Gardai that are 'beating around the bush' now Bish.

I think it is the Gardai that are 'beating around the bush' now Bish.

Ah don't tell me the Gardai are now getting called shinners because they are looking into a member of government leaking a confidential document to his mate.

• Advertisement

A high ranking government politician being investigated by the Garda for passing a confidential document to a pal getting boring?
    The same folk trying to dismiss this are the same folk start threads about tweets from years ago. Give over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,000 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

FG parliamentary party in ructions according to sources.

The only place I have seen this is in this post. Do you have a link to your sources?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

A high ranking government politician being investigated by the Garda for passing a confidential document to a pal getting boring?
    The same folk trying to dismiss this are the same folk start threads about tweets from years ago. Give over.

You seem very anxious to brush ‘years ago’ under the carpet?

Gotten very buttoned up and law abiding now it seems, eh?

Bit different from events ‘years ago’ in Adare eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

"Absences matched infection rates in the wider community" - schools do not create more cases than the wider community, but they do not create LESS either. They match the infection rates: https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56072460

Tony, Meehoe and the gang said the exact opposite for MONTHS while keeping the schools open. They knowingly allowed the covid cases to continue rising, which has caused further deaths, and prolonged the lockdown.

Someone please tell me when these people will be behind bars. Where is justice? These were murderous lies and murderous decisions. Who will hold them accountable?

The_Brood wrote: »
    "Absences matched infection rates in the wider community" - schools do not create more cases than the wider community, but they do not create LESS either. They match the infection rates: https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56072460

Tony, Meehoe and the gang said the exact opposite for MONTHS while keeping the schools open. They knowingly allowed the covid cases to continue rising, which has caused further deaths, and prolonged the lockdown.

Someone please tell me when these people will be behind bars. Where is justice? These were murderous lies and murderous decisions. Who will hold them accountable?

Did you even read the article?

"Prof Sarah Lewis, an epidemiology expert at the University of Bristol, said it appeared that cases in the community were spilling into schools rather than vice versa, based on the available data."

Do you know what the bit you quoted means?

What are your medical qualifications dude?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Did you even read the article?

"Prof Sarah Lewis, an epidemiology expert at the University of Bristol, said it appeared that cases in the community were spilling into schools rather than vice versa, based on the available data."

Do you know what the bit you quoted means?

......that is literally my argument. Schools are not immune from Covid 19. It can be spread from the community into schools, where it continues spreading, and then back into the homes. Like all other sectors.

The gang told us all that is impossible, defending their reasoning for why schools remained open.

When are they going to prison?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

......that is literally my argument. Schools are not immune from Covid 19. It can be spread from the community into schools, where it continues spreading, and then back into the homes. Like all other sectors.

The gang told us all that is impossible, defending their reasoning for why schools remained open.

They never said schools would be 100% free of Covid.

Nothing is guaranteed.

Everyone knows this so I don't see why you're losing your marbles over this.

The article says differently. It says that it spreads into the schools, but that there is no evidence that it spreads back into the community.

Schools were safe places up until the UK variant. Data since then is inconclusive as schools have been mostly closed.

Furthermore, opening schools may still be the right thing to do because of the loss of education for children. Imagine children growing up and thinking politicians could be sent to jail for making decisions?

They never said schools would be 100% free of Covid.

Nothing is guaranteed.

Everyone knows this so I don't see why you're losing your marbles over this.

"Not 100% free of Covid" and transmission rates the same as the wider community are criminally different things.

They said schools do not transmit Covid 19. They lied, people died, society was destroyed. If that is not prison worthy I do not know what in the blue hell is.

• Advertisement

"Not 100% free of Covid" and transmission rates the same as the wider community are criminally different things.

They said schools do not transmit Covid 19. They lied, people died, society was destroyed. If that is not prison worthy I do not know what in the blue hell is.

Total rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Link?

Not a good look banning selected reporters from press conferences?

What was the idea behind this??

https://mobile.twitter.com/ciaraphelan_/status/1361428312564899846

Senior journalist has to stand their ground and insist it is 'all or none'?

Did someone mention Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Dara getting an awful grilling on TV3 about golf gate.

Senior journalist has to stand their ground and insist it is 'all or none'?

Did someone mention Trump?

I am genuinely suprised. This is complete idiocy. Whatever he says will be reported and just because a journalist is covering health it doesn't mean he can't ask about something else. He would have been smarter to just issue a press release. What are we paying these special advisors for? They really ****ing suck at their job :)

I am genuinely suprised. This is complete idiocy. Whatever he says will be reported and just because a journalist is covering health it doesn't mean he can't ask about something else. He would have been smarter to just issue a press release. What are we paying these special advisors for? They really ****ing suck at their job :)

Your eyes would water at what these guys are being paid and they end up getting headlines like this. :)

EuVVrGyXAAIbxtV?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Not a good look banning selected reporters from press conferences?

What was the idea behind this??

https://mobile.twitter.com/ciaraphelan_/status/1361428312564899846

Is this linked to their earlier monitering of press and social media accounts

This is very dodgy even for FF. Not good to see.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Looks like Donnelly and his whole team are not able to ack under the pressure and are now looking to shut up shop and only let those who are in their pocket in. Not a good look at all, you would think one of these highly paid advisors would pull him aside and advise him on how bad this looks or you would think one of colleagues in FF or FG would have a quiet word with him and help him out.

Did anyone release the name of the 'senior journalist' who made a stand against this Johnson/Trump move?

• Advertisement

Did anyone release the name of the 'senior journalist' who made a stand against this Johnson/Trump move?

Was it Fergal Bowers of RTÉ?
    I think I read that somewhere.
    Pretty daft wasn't it, who decides on these issues, if it was the pr advisor that made the decision and he worked for me he'd be toast today.
    If it was the Minister then he should be, this was farcical to say the least.
    Why didn't they just do a press release statement ffs if they didn't want unwanted scrutiny?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement