Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭golfball37

Terri Prone is laughing all the way to the bank with this government. Every time they screw up she is called in to fire fight on exorbitant rates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Hard to fathom surely, but you can get a haircut.
    I got mine cut on Monday.

Obviously I mean by an actual barber, in a barber shop though, which are currently all shut, and will be for the foreseeable future.

Thinking the shaver will have to get brought out bish, number 2 all over for me it looks like, and yeah, I'm a vain bastard when it comes to the hair, I'm an every 3 weeks fella, so by my reckoning it will be 10 weeks or thereabouts since I last got the mop tended to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Floppybits

golfball37 wrote: »
    Terri Prone is laughing all the way to the bank with this government. Every time they screw up she is called in to fire fight on exorbitant rates.

It seems to me that this government are going out of their way to annoy and wind people up.

Floppybits wrote: »
    It seems to me that this government are going out of their way to annoy and wind people up.

That would explain the actions of their supporters on these forums so.

The permanently outraged will always find something to be outraged about. No matter what the government does, it’ll always be wrong in the permanently outraged eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The permanently outraged will always find something to be outraged about. No matter what the government does, it’ll always be wrong in the permanently outraged eyes.

You're saying people don't have a legitimate grievance?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Then there's the worst type, the sheep who just keep following and shrugging their shoulders at every f**k up and say nothing no matter what.

Isn't it a good job the younger generation have coped on that FFG are nothing but two cheeks of the same arse.

Ah ye can always count on Maryanne to come out and bat for the government no matter what they do.

Are you saying that people are not allowed be unhappy with the decisions that this government have taken and the complete and utter failure to communicate the people? Also as someone who once said that they only get their news from either RTE, the independent or the times how you feel about the Taoiseach announcing a further 9 weeks of lockdown in the mirror newspaper?

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Then there's the worst type, the sheep who just keep following and shrugging their shoulders at every f**k up and say nothing no matter what.

Isn't it a good job the younger generation have coped on that FFG are nothing but two cheeks of the same arse.

Remember that saying "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,255 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You are presumably not a qualified practitioner in pandemic management, so I guess that’s understandable.

Don’t beat yourself up over it Randal.

I think it is an astonishing display of self-indulgence, selfishness and shallowness for somebody to complain about not being able to get a haircut, when children have suffered so much through a loss of education, and when the priority is being given to children with special needs and Leaving Cert students, both groups who have suffered so much in comparison to a grown man having to do without a haircut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

A bit of anger now at the Taoiseach announcing 9 more weeks of lock down in a newspaper interview rather than addressing the nation. Whoever is advising the Taoiseach or this government on communications would need to have their contract rescinded ASAP. Appalling stuff.

I listened to the piece on the radio this morning. I thought well at least it's coming from the top man fair play.
    ...then the Tánaiste sticks his oar in giving his translation of what he thinks MM was really saying. Seriously just keep the gob shut. Adding to confusion.

Just for the record, **I am not** complaining about not being able to get a haircut, I'm rightly asking how they've deemed it safe for kids to be able to go back to classrooms, mingle freely with other kids, then return back to their families later the same day.

Yet other things like getting a haircut, where both the person cutting the hair and the person receiving the haircut are wearing ppe?

That's not a complaint, and you can tell that by the way I didn't complain about it.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Obviously I mean by an actual barber, in a barber shop though, which are currently all shut, and will be for the foreseeable future.

Thinking the shaver will have to get brought out bish, number 2 all over for me it looks like, and yeah, I'm a vain bastard when it comes to the hair, I'm an every 3 weeks fella, so by my reckoning it will be 10 weeks or thereabouts since I last got the mop tended to.

I can do you a mohawk or a bowl haircut. It might not be fancy but your fringe will be level ;)

Maryanne, people raise specific issues and discuss them. You could give a different view. No need to dismiss genuine pointed criticism like it's nothing.
    Where do you stand on MM letting slip plans to a paper and LV suggesting he didn't say what he said? Do you not see that as fair comment/query?
    Are you the permanently spinning?

blanch152 wrote: »
    I think it is an astonishing display of self-indulgence, selfishness and shallowness for somebody to complain about not being able to get a haircut, when children have suffered so much through a loss of education, and when the priority is being given to children with special needs and Leaving Cert students, both groups who have suffered so much in comparison to a grown man having to do without a haircut.

Very dishonest effort here Blanch. Once again using loss and the sick to twist something so you can score points.

Very dishonest effort here Blanch. Once again using loss and the sick to twist something so you can score points.

Par for the course James, par for the course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Leo the Liar being called out on Twitter now by Ciara Phelen the journo who spoke to MM yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I listened to the piece on the radio this morning. I thought well at least it's coming from the top man fair play.
    ...then the Tánaiste sticks his oar in giving his translation of what he thinks MM was really saying. Seriously just keep the gob shut. Adding to confusion.

I had a listen to what the Mirror offered on their site

“We are looking at a continuation of severe restrictions certainly right into April.

“We’ll have some look at construction but then again it won’t be a full return to construction, we’ll assess what the public health advice is.

“We’ve already certainly indicated that beyond Easter we’ll look at it again but until the end of April you can look at significant restrictions and we’ll review it after that then because we’ll have to see where we are.”

I can’t see where he said there that it would be level 5 till the end of April.

I had a listen to what the Mirror offered on their site

“We are looking at a continuation of severe restrictions certainly right into April.

“We’ll have some look at construction but then again it won’t be a full return to construction, we’ll assess what the public health advice is.

“We’ve already certainly indicated that beyond Easter we’ll look at it again but until the end of April you can look at significant restrictions and we’ll review it after that then because we’ll have to see where we are.”

I can’t see where he said there that it would be level 5 till the end of April.

Noel Rock (he's probably a shinner now too:D,) says hi Brenner.

You've been having a terrible time getting your arse handed to you on here as past few weeks. That's gotta be yet another ouch.

Sorry horse.

https://twitter.com/NoelRock/status/1362771066955923462?s=19

• Advertisement

Noel Rock (he's probably a shinner now too:D,) says hi Brenner.

You've been having a terrible time getting your arse handed to you on here as past few weeks. That's gotta be yet another ouch.

Sorry horse.

https://twitter.com/NoelRock/status/1362771066955923462?s=19

You need to show where he says level 5 till the end of April, shaft.

If you can I’ll be the first to say “ouch”

I am referring to the quotation from the mirror and the clip .

Noel is a good blue shirt, would never be termed as waster material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

We'll be going down the 'friend, not friend', 'Ireland never had a bailout' route with the usual suspects now.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    We'll be going down the 'friend, not friend', 'Ireland never had a bailout' route with the usual suspects now.

What’s your point, bro?

Have you perchance been rumbled?

With that in mind Brenner, perhaps you'd like to follow his lead....

https://twitter.com/NoelRock/status/1362779646543220738?s=19

With that in mind Brenner, perhaps you'd like to follow his lead....

https://twitter.com/NoelRock/status/1362779646543220738?s=19

You seem to be depending a lot on Noel, Randall.

Any chance you could slap up your own stuff.....

The Brenner will put on the big boy pants if he’s wrong.

You know that Randal, it’s Friday after all.

You need to show where he says level 5 till the end of April, shaft.

Sorry, I need to what now?

Seems you're reading a different tweet to me, she didn't mention "level five till the end of April"

https://twitter.com/ciaraphelan_/status/1362763809388171264?s=19

Indeed, and he conceded Leo was talking through his hoop.

Thanks Brenner, enjoy your weekend horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,761 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Amazing to see it all listed out like this.

https://twitter.com/ConallEducation/status/1362397024348491777

Not at all, just pointing out the shallowness at play. People calling for barbers to be opened just because schools are going back showing no understanding of the priority needed for education.

Next thing we will have someone calling for pubs to be opened while schools stay closed...........................oops that was the Mary-Lou and Michelle last year.

Amazing to see it all listed out like this.

https://twitter.com/ConallEducation/status/1362397024348491777

On Twitter? You are amazed by something on Twitter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,761 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    On Twitter? You are amazed by something on Twitter?

No, I'm amazed at 'it'* all listed out like this. I have no 'on/off fear' of Twitter blanch, just because I don't agree with what somebody there says.
    *It being the chaos of the government from the get-go

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement