Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    Not at all, just pointing out the shallowness at play. People calling for barbers to be opened just because schools are going back showing no understanding of the priority needed for education.

Next thing we will have someone calling for pubs to be opened while schools stay closed...........................oops that was the Mary-Lou and Michelle last year.

Quote me saying anything remotely close to that.

Spoof central!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

smurgen wrote: »
    Fair play to Michael. Giving a bit of optimism and through the proper channels too. Though a gutter rag no less.

https://twitter.com/ciaraphelan_/status/1362519182374547458?s=19
    Floppybits wrote: »
    A bit of anger now at the Taoiseach announcing 9 more weeks of lock down in a newspaper interview rather than addressing the nation. Whoever is advising the Taoiseach or this government on communications would need to have their contract rescinded ASAP. Appalling stuff.
    I had a listen to what the Mirror offered on their site

“We are looking at a continuation of severe restrictions certainly right into April.

“We’ll have some look at construction but then again it won’t be a full return to construction, we’ll assess what the public health advice is.

“We’ve already certainly indicated that beyond Easter we’ll look at it again but until the end of April you can look at significant restrictions and we’ll review it after that then because we’ll have to see where we are.”

I can’t see where he said there that it would be level 5 till the end of April.
    McMurphy wrote: »
    Quote me saying anything remotely close to that.

Liar.

I’m afraid Randall you haven’t stepped up, Noel, who I would vote for if I was in his constituency, couldn’t dig you out.

Have a good weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    Not at all, just pointing out the shallowness at play. People calling for barbers to be opened just because schools are going back showing no understanding of the priority needed for education.

Next thing we will have someone calling for pubs to be opened while schools stay closed...........................oops that was the Mary-Lou and Michelle last year.

You're telling porkies on both people.
    Murphy didn't say any such thing and neither did MLMD. You've been told time and again that at that time she said 'remain open', pubs that were already open. So at this point I can only take it as you lying for affect.
    You used the sick and special needs education in a Mills and Boons manner of complete made up outrage, ('faux' won't cover it). Dishonest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,761 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Imagine your communications being in such a state of disarray that the two senior politicians in your government are getting called out and embarrassed by a redtop newspaper. The embarrassment.

Imagine your communications being in such a state of disarray that the two senior politicians in your government are getting called out and embarrassed by a redtop newspaper. The embarrassment.

I think MM let slip. Foolish considering the seriousness. LV just wanted his mug in the news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Nevermind a redtop Francie they are being destroyed on Liveline. Things are really bad when that happens. I don't how anyone in their right minds could support this farce of a government.

https://twitter.com/Michael_O_Regan/status/1362764396200669184

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I think MM let slip. Foolish considering the seriousness. LV just wanted his mug in the news.

LV was just annoyed that it was MM that let it out and not him. It was prime leaking material.

Explain Francie, you seem to have a good handle on this.

I’m afraid Randall you haven’t stepped up, Noel, who I would vote for if I was in his constituency, couldn’t dig you out.

Have a good weekend.

Even though this post will be short, stick with me and I'll baby step you through it, and hopefully end your muddlement.

Ciara Phelans tweet claimed Leo denied Michael said that restrictions would be in place until the end of April.

Not severe restrictions.

Not level five restrictions.

Not level 3 ⅖ restrictions.

Just that restrictions would be in place until the end of April.

https://twitter.com/ciaraphelan_/status/1362763809388171264?s=19

There's not much point you wanting to argue about something you pulled out of your nether regions horse.

Leo said it, it's been checked (even by Noel Rock) and the consensus seems to be Leo is talking Shee-ite.

Cheers

Explain Francie, you seem to have a good handle on this.

Let go the 'handle' of that shovel Brendi catch up with what is actually happening in the world:

https://twitter.com/ciaraphelan_/status/1362763809388171264

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Dred.

Who's telling Calleary to talk about the "hurt"

Hurt is a very emotive word when used appropriately , it's clear he doesn't mean any of it

It's cringe inducing

Even though this post will be short, stick with me and I'll baby step you through it, and hopefully end your muddlement.

Ciara Phelans tweet claimed Leo denied Michael said that restrictions would be in place until the end of April.

Not severe restrictions.

Not level five restrictions.

Not level 3 ⅖ restrictions.

Just that restrictions would be in place until the end of April.

https://twitter.com/ciaraphelan_/status/1362763809388171264?s=19

There's not much point you wanting to argue about something you pulled out of your nether regions horse.

Leo said it, it's been checked (even by Noel Rock) and the consensus seems to be Leo is talking Shee-ite.

Cheers
    Let go the 'handle' of that shovel Brendi catch up with what is actually happening in the world:

https://twitter.com/ciaraphelan_/status/1362763809388171264

How does that explain the first sentence in this report.

What I am querying is where does MM say that there will be ‘severe lockdown’ till the end of April.

That’s all I want to know ....... :pac:

What I am querying is where does MM say that there will be ‘severe lockdown’ till the end of April.

The shovel Brendi....let it go!

The shovel Brendi....let it go!

Francie, nobody can answer my question, I asked a simple question, but nobody can answer.

Just deflection... m’kay.... not up to it lads , fair enough.

Did Leo say Michaél didn't say "severe Lockdown" is this the hill you've actually chosen to perish on boss?

https://twitter.com/ciaraphelan_/status/1362767410340782085?s=09

Did Leo say Michaél didn't say "severe Lockdown" is this the hill you've actually chosen to perish on boss?

Heh heh that’s the hill I have no interest in, cock

Jaysus, where does MM say that there will be “ severe restrictions” till the end of April.

As the Mirror reported...... that all I want to know....ffs. :D

What Leo said was that Michael didn’t say we’d be in Level 5. He said severe lockdown restrictions. Not quite the same. After all, no one knows where we’ll be in April. Things are changing almost daily.

What Leo said was that Michael didn’t say we’d be in Level 5. He said severe lockdown restrictions. Not quite the same. After all, no one knows where we’ll be in April. Things are changing almost daily.

Listening to Micheál trying to mop up the mess there in his statement...he doesn't know where he is today.

Chaos.

I had a listen to what the Mirror offered on their site

“We are looking at a continuation of severe restrictions certainly right into April.

“We’ll have some look at construction but then again it won’t be a full return to construction, we’ll assess what the public health advice is.

“We’ve already certainly indicated that beyond Easter we’ll look at it again but until the end of April you can look at significant restrictions and we’ll review it after that then because we’ll have to see where we are.”

I can’t see where he said there that it would be level 5 till the end of April.

Mary.... that’s what he said..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Listening to Micheál trying to mop up the mess there in his statement...he doesn't know where he is today.

Chaos.

All that money wasted on 'spin' and they still get it ar$eways.
    These lads really are the pits, and to think this time last year they never shut up about telling us how much experience they have in govt.

• Advertisement

Chaos.

I’m afraid it’s others who don’t understand.

There’s Roisin Shorthall saying the govt have said we’ll have level 5 till the end of April.

Where the **** have they said it..

Where?

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,569 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Coalition of Chaos delivering yet again. Will they never learn. Priceless.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Fann Linn wrote: »
    All that money wasted on 'spin' and they still get it ar$eways.
    These lads really are the pits, and to think this time last year they never shut up about telling us how much experience they have in govt.

That's it. It's gas.
    Haughey and Ahern would dance rings around these lot even with their social media guru's and PR teams. Imagine if they were left unattended.
    If LV had of kept it zipped it wouldn't have been half as bad.

HomeNewsIrish NewsMicheal Martin
    Lockdown extension Ireland - Nine more weeks of 'severe lockdown', Taoiseach Micheal Martin confirms.

Looks like the Mirror screwd up on this in an effort to sensationalise the interview.

Where did MM confirm that?

That’s all I want to know......where.

Looks like the media trying to cover up for the innacurate reportage from the Mirror.

Looks like Joe Duffy and his team over egged this one.

Anyone produce evidence....... all together

The gubbermint/Peter Burke getting a roasting on RTE's Drive Time listing each ministers statements over the last week or so and how they all contradict each other. It's really very Hal Roach when they are laid out like that.

Then Burke getting needled on their new affordable scam, (which the housing minister was previously against in opposition) and him trying to side step the hiking up of house pricing. Seems everyone agrees the private housing industry want this 'affordable' scheme. Pete waffling and floundering telling alternative truths.

The gubbermint/Peter Burke getting a roasting on RTE's Drive Time listing each ministers statements over the last week or so and how they all contradict each other. It's really very Hal Roach when they are laid out like that.

Then Burke getting needled on their new affordable scam, (which he previously was against in opposition) and him trying to side step the hiking up of house pricing. Seems everyone agrees the private housing industry want this 'affordable' scheme. Pete waffling and floundering telling alternative truths.

The boy Burke put McInerney in her box.

HomeNewsIrish NewsMicheal Martin
    Lockdown extension Ireland - Nine more weeks of 'severe lockdown', Taoiseach Micheal Martin confirms.

Looks like the Mirror screwd up on this in an effort to sensationalise the interview.

Where did MM confirm that?

That’s all I want to know......where.

Looks like the media trying to cover up for the innacurate reportage from the Mirror.

Looks like Joe Duffy and his team over egged this one.

Anyone produce evidence....... all together

Heh heh all the media pulling in their horns now

It’s pick a name for the ‘restrictions’ now.

Is it ‘severe’ level5’ ‘significant’ high level’.

Went off half cocked like a lot of folk we know :D

Heh heh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,569 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The government should rename the 'Living with Covid' plan to the 'Living with Chaos' plan.

Does Level 4 actually exist? ;)

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

Then Burke getting needled on their new affordable scam, (which the housing minister was previously against in opposition) and him trying to side step the hiking up of house pricing. Seems everyone agrees the private housing industry want this 'affordable' scheme. Pete waffling and floundering telling alternative truths.

Did he mention Sinn Fein or the Provos James?

I seen him one Sunday morning, answer Aine Lawlor on RTE with something about the Ra when asked something about holidaymakers having to cancel holidays, I swear to god that's the truth.

Everytime he leaves Mullingar the town's a bellend short.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement