Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

McMurphy wrote: »
    Did he mention Sinn Fein or the Provos James?

I seen him one Sunday morning, answer Aine Lawlor on RTE with something about the Ra when asked something about holidaymakers having to cancel holidays, I swear to god that's the truth.

Everytime he leaves Mullingar the town's a bellend short.

Any snow on that hill you perished on Randall.

The Chief will get you out , lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Did he mention Sinn Fein or the Provos James?

I seen him one Sunday morning, answer Aine Lawlor on RTE with something about the Ra when asked something about holidaymakers having to cancel holidays, I swear to god that's the truth.

Everytime he leaves Mullingar the town's a bellend short.

He said he believes the public accounts committee and ERSI would agree with government at a later date :)
    Basically everybody says the new affordable scheme will drive up prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Heh heh all the media pulling in their horns now

It’s pick a name for the ‘restrictions’ now.

Is it ‘severe’ level5’ ‘significant’ high level’.

Went off half cocked like a lot of folk we know :D

Heh heh

How much are you being paid by FG?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,761 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The government should rename the 'Living with Covid' plan to the 'Living with Chaos' plan.

Does Level 4 actually exist? ;)

Bizarre day again...two of our 3 'leaders' dig another hole for themselves with a few on here helping out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bizarre day again...two of our 3 'leaders' dig another hole for themselves with a few on here helping out.

Question is still live Francie......

Where did MM say there would be “severe” restrictions till the end of April.

Go on...... have another go....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,761 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Question is still live Francie......

Where did MM say there would be “severe” restrictions till the end of April.

Go on...... have another go....:D

Here Brendi...tell you what...go find where I quoted anything MM said.

Then try and spin that it hasn't been yet another day of confusion caused by the Taoiseach and petty 'look at me' antics from the Tanaiste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

Egg all over poor Brendan’s face here.

Blanch ready and waiting to lick it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I'm a bit confused by the line of thinking on this Irish Mail thing.

So MM said there would be significant restrictions until the end of April at least. I think we all know that. We have had significant restrictions for the most part of 11 months now.

That appears to have been picked up on to mean Level 5 restrictions until that time, or misquoted in the papers as him saying "severe" in error, which he didn't say in the clip released.

LV was asked about L5 restrictions until end of April and said that MM never said this. Which seems to be correct based on the clip of the interview that was released.

So I am quite confused as to why a big deal is being made of it all. Its fascinating really how such things are bigged up to be such "news" these days.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused by the line of thinking on this Irish Mail thing.

So MM said there would be significant restrictions until the end of April at least. I think we all know that. We have had significant restrictions for the most part of 11 months now.

That appears to have been picked up on to mean Level 5 restrictions until that time, or misquoted in the papers as him saying "severe" in error, which he didn't say in the clip released.

LV was asked about L5 restrictions until end of April and said that MM never said this. Which seems to be correct based on the clip of the interview that was released.

So I am quite confused as to why a big deal is being made of it all. Its fascinating really how such things are bigged up to be such "news" these days.

The permanently outraged will always be outraged. Maybe they should try listening to or reading the offending pronouncements.

• Advertisement

The permanently outraged will always be outraged. Maybe they should try listening to or reading the offending pronouncements.

You still at this? I think engaging with or respecting the views of others might be a little more mature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭golfball37

You have to concede the mixed messaging is confusing at the very least. I for one assumed he meant level 5 last night as severe restrictions translate as that to me anyway. I’m sure I’m not alone.
    Personally think Martin is completely out of his depth in top job and is proving it daily.

golfball37 wrote: »
    You have to concede the mixed messaging is confusing at the very least. I for one assumed he meant level 5 last night as severe restrictions translate as that to me anyway. I’m sure I’m not alone.
    Personally think Martin is completely out of his depth in top job and is proving it daily.

Instead of arguing he didn't mean level 5, people were concerned he meant worse and were asking how much?

golfball37 wrote: »

But I don't believe he ever said "severe" restrictions, which is why I am confused. A couple of articles used that word but then the clip released shows him saying "significant". I think we all understand that there will be significant restrictions for good while yet, i wouldn't take that to mean Level 5.

But I don't believe he ever said "severe" restrictions, which is why I am confused. A couple of articles used that word but then the clip released shows him saying "significant". I think we all understand that there will be significant restrictions for good while yet, i wouldn't take that to mean Level 5.

Is this what's left to defend ? Severe v significant?

I wonder if someone asked a man would he prefer to be severely kicked in the nuts or significantly kicked in the nuts would he take more than a nanosecond to realise they're probably going to amount to the exact same thing at the end of the day ffs. :D

There's a video of him saying 'severe'.
    Video clearly shows Taoiseach Micheal Martin confirm 'severe' restrictions until end of April

Seems you got sucked into another Fine Gael distraction Bubs. They try this on daily.

I don't know why you deleted your post McMurphy, but I was just about to reply to wonder why you were posting so dismissively towards me? I just asked a simple question based on the clip I had seen the Mail post to back up their article, where he used the word significant.

Is this what's left to defend ? Severe v significant?

I wonder if someone asked a man would he prefer to be severely kicked in the nuts or significantly kicked in the nuts would he take more than a nanosecond to realise they're probably going to amount to the exact same thing at the end of the day ffs. :D

That post:confused:

You in a parallel universe? It's still up there bubbs. ^^^^
    I don't know why you deleted your post McMurphy, but I was just about to reply to wonder why you were posting so dismissively towards me? I just asked a simple question based on the clip I had seen the Mail post to back up their article, where he used the word significant.

There's a video of him saying 'severe'.

Seems you got sucked into another Fine Gael distraction Bubs. They try this on daily.

I have viewed that clip and he doesn't say severe to the end of April in it.

Yes he says the word "severe" and yes he says the words "end of april" but they are not in the same sentence and are about a minute apart in the clip.

To try and tie them together as him saying severe to end of April is just odd. He clearly says significant restrictions to the end of April right there in that clip and says it will be severe "up to April" earlier in the clip, which we already knew.

Flinging mud at a wall to see what sticks comes to mind.

That post:confused:

You in a parallel universe? It's still up there bubbs. ^^^^

No the one you deleted after that McMurphy.

• Advertisement

No the one you deleted after that McMurphy.

You've lost me. The one I posted "after" was a duplicate of the one that's up above, IE exactly the same post.

You've lost me. The one I posted "after" was a duplicate of the one that's up above, IE exactly the same post.

Definitely not a duplicate. Clearly you regretted it, and thats fine. We can just pretend it never happened.

I have viewed that clip and he doesn't say severe to the end of April in it.

Yes he says the word "severe" and yes he says the words "end of april" but they are not in the same sentence and are about a minute apart in the clip.

To try and tie them together as him saying severe to end of April is just odd. He clearly says significant restrictions to the end of April right there in that clip and says it will be severe "up to April" earlier in the clip, which we already knew.

Flinging mud at a wall to see what sticks comes to mind.

You'll understand why people believe you jump in to defend all things government right?
    You seem to be trying very hard here to save face for MM and LV IMO.
    You are arguing nothing at this stage. It's unlikely he just said 'severe' with no context or relation to the conversation. Besides a moment ago you were pretty sure he never said 'severe' at all.
    'flinging mud to see what sticks'? Give it up bubs. It's ye lads doing the gymnastics. By ye lads I mean people trying to defend the latest shenanigans of messers Martin and Varadkar.

Children, please. Anyone with half a brain would know that we’re in for significant restrictions for another few months! It’s not the government’s fault that they cannot see into the future. Just chill and go with the flow. We’ll get through this, stronger than ever.

Children, please. Anyone with half a brain would know that we’re in for significant restrictions for another few months! It’s not the government’s fault that they cannot see into the future. Just chill and go with the flow. We’ll get through this, stronger than ever.

Don't call me a child Maryanne.
    We all in this together again? If you bothered to follow the discussion it was on MM talking to the press and Varadkar mansplaining for him.

Don't call me a child Maryanne.
    We all in this together again? If you bothered to follow the discussion it was on MM talking to the press and Varadkar mansplaining for him.

This explains it perfectly https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40230341.html” The Taoiseach has rejected the idea that there is any confusion over lockdown after he told a newspaper Ireland would be in severe restrictions till May.

In a press conference this afternoon Micheál Martin told media he had been clear on the issue and that he has been consistent in saying there would be no large scale reopening of society.

His statement comes after he told the Irish Mirror on Thursday: “We’ve already certainly indicated that beyond Easter we’ll look at it again but until the end of April you can look at significant restrictions and we’ll review it after that then because we’ll have to see where we are.”

On Friday morning, Tánaiste Leo Varadkar has said that Mr Martin did not say that Level 5 restrictions would last until April and May.
    Speaking on RTÉ radio’s News at One, Mr Varadkar said that the country was facing into tough restrictions into April and that this was well known.

Mr Martin rejected calls to have a formal government announcement and said he had been clear on the issue.

"It's not at all (very confusing), it's very consistent with what I've been saying all along for example, I said Easter some time ago, the key issue is, this will be under constant review, but Nphet are really clear advice to us, schools are the first priority," he said on Friday.

"I don't accept (there is confusion) I mean, the bottom line is this I've been saying consistently prolonged suppression of the virus, I've been saying schools are a priority from the very get-go... since the Dáil resumed.“

Definitely not a duplicate. Clearly you regretted it, and thats fine. We can just pretend it never happened.

It was 110% a duplicate bubbs, 130% even. I quoted myself, that's why I deleted it. Relax FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

So no update today after the further 9 week leak. This won't be forgotten. The government has failed. There's no plan for people to work with. They'd all summer to plan and failed. This is an extraordinary turn of events.

You'll understand why people believe you jump in to defend all things government right?
    You seem to be trying very hard here to save face for MM and LV IMO.
    You are arguing nothing at this stage. It's unlikely he just said 'severe' with no context or relation to the conversation. Besides a moment ago you were pretty sure he never said 'severe' at all.
    'flinging mud to see what sticks'? Give it up bubs. It's ye lads doing the gymnastics. By ye lads I mean people trying to defend the latest shenanigans of messers Martin and Varadkar.

I'm being very reasonable here and discussing the actual content of the video and words in the video James, not any of the point scoring stuff going on around it. If that is gymnastics then put me on the horse.

• Advertisement

It was 110% a duplicate bubbs, 130% even. I quoted myself, that's why I deleted it. Relax FFS.

You quoted yourself with an "and to add" post which you clearly regretted almost immediately McMurphy, which is fine, but just odd that you are in full blown denial.

Anyway you clearly want to move on from it so I'm happy to let it go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement