Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

McMurphy wrote: »
    It's all gone downhill since Leo's strategic communication unit was forced to shut up shop......................by FF.

:pac:

Hard to blame them if the media do not report the interview correctly,and a cohort of supposedly intelligent folk cannot understand plain English, and work hard trying to denigrate those who can actually read the evidence.

All for their own agenda.

Amazing the lengths people will go to try to discredit genuine folk and try incessantly to insist black is white even though the evidence is staring them in the face.

Is is any wonder people don’t trust the media.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

https://twitter.com/SocDems/status/1362823936061358088

Why are the government so intend on shutting down the commission after years of report delays?
    The commission has already been extended several times.
    It stinks. Heaping abuse upon abuse. That's some legacy FFG.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

smurgen wrote: »
    Ming is great value for money the Saoirse McHugh Twitter post was one of the funniest things to happen last year.

Blame it on the Bong smurge. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I'd say many FFG politicians will be reluctant to do the weekend radio shows this weekend. Way too much defending to do over the communications chaos and the lack of quarantine. Hard to believe we are at the end of February and there is still no mandatory quarantine. 1 year to make a plan for it? And now the Brazil variant is in. Should be fun listening to the excuses.

Did ye not get the brief, 'it's all our fault the Brazilian variant got in.'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

More advisors required methinks. Money no object.

Money never seems to be an object when it comes to FF and FG pet projects like the spin unit but when it comes to something carrers pay or student nurses pay then there is never any money.

• Advertisement

He is at it again...this time as Gaeilge!

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0220/1198280-taoiseach-restrictions/
    No consideration of reopening of hospitality before mid-summer - Martin

Idiotic. What kind of a government communication plan is this???

Oh sorry did I say 'plan' and 'government' in the same sentence?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Fann Linn wrote: »

Horse burger production can not be halted,

Hard to blame them if the media do not report the interview correctly,and a cohort of supposedly intelligent folk cannot understand plain English, and work hard trying to denigrate those who can actually read the evidence.

Amazing the lengths people will go to try to discredit genuine folk and try incessantly to insist black is white even though the evidence is staring them in the face.

Similar to yourself brendi and what you have indulged in. Don't paint yourself as some sort of saint and you don't indulge of changing things to suit your agenda.

People see what they want. I would read significant restrictions as staying at level 5 and easing the restrictions as moving to a lower level like level 4. What is wrong with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Fann Linn wrote: »

Yes. We should definitely keep the airports open. What could possibly go wrong?

https://twitter.com/RMcGreevy1301/status/1363087982690000897?s=19

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1363106909499326464?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Some of the stuff going up on twitter about this is actually appalling. There is no "but" to this. I haven't seen any report of what group targeted his family home, but I presume it was those Gemma O'Doherty anti lockdown types. Right up their alley.

https://twitter.com/jenoconnell/status/1363088109718679553?s=19

Eamon Ryan asked 'Can you acknowledge the communications have not been good?'. He didn't know what to say but said there is always room for improvement.

The government are being mauled this morning for their Covid communication. The 3 unwise men indeed.

1 year in and they cannot organise their communications. Contradictions everywhere. The SDs are right, it's irresponsible.

Eamon Ryan asked 'Can you acknowledge the communications have not been good?'. He didn't know what to say but said there is always room for improvement.

The government are being mauled this morning for their communication. The 3 unwise men indeed.

I cannot take Eamon Ryan seriously after the salad speech.

You keep tossing up tweets from other people, Mr Rock, Mr Reilly, Randal.

Could we stick to the issue under discussion which I have spent two days trying to explain.

The issue is the Mirror interview and what the Taoiseach said.

And as a secondary issue what LV said to support what MM actually said.

It’s there in black and white.

Is there anything there which is not true?

The PROBLEM is that the Mirror incorrectly quoted the Taoiseach.

Instead of studying what ACTUALLY was said the herd ran with the media who had an agenda and were caught out with their pants down, like a lot of folk here who denigrated those who suggested that one should actually read and listen to what was said.

You see,Randall, some folk use subterfuge and incorrect reportage to further their own agenda- increase publicity for themselves.

You just have Whitmore saying on Katie Hannon that on the issue under discussion that the Taoiseach was saying one thing and LV saying another....... and she wasn’t pulled up on it.

C’mon dude.... grow a set.

Turn on the radio BB ;)

The government are being mauled this morning for their Covid communication. The 3 unwise men indeed.

1 year in and they cannot organise their communications. Contradictions everywhere. The SDs are right, it's irresponsible.

These three clowns couldn't have came at a worse time. Deflect,dodge and evade any accountability for decisions or planning. Complete spoofers. They really forgot the service part of public service.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,185 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Turn on the radio BB ;)

Eamo selling out the Brenner excuses. There'll be lot of anger about that, Brendi has invested a lot of his time dying on that hill.

I think these kites, miscommunications, confusion and leaks around restrictios/dates will just lead to people letting their guard down.
    The government are losing hearts and minds again. Similar to the Golfgate fiasco.

Eamo selling out the Brenner excuses. There'll be lot of anger about that, Brendi has invested a lot of his time dying on that hill.

Do expand Francie and bring your shovel.

What Brenner excuses is he selling out on.?

I notice you backed out fairly sharpish, and let poor Randal hang out to dry.

:D

Away you go Francesco.

https://twitter.com/TJRyan_77/status/1363122489447112707

Ryan had a nightmare on Katie Hannon show.

• Advertisement

Away you go Francesco.

Is this a severely bad comical Ali impression, or a significantly bad one Brenner?

You've been gutted like a kipper in here as past few weeks horse, time to put the turd down and stop trying to polish it bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,185 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Away you go Francesco.

Did you find those quotes I asked you for Brendi?

That's how a discussion goes, you get asked for back up to what you allege and you provide it.

If you don't provide it, then it is YOU who has backed out of the conversation. Wee reminder of the post you ran away from:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116341043&postcount=7898

A man could take it personally the way you ignored that post Brendi, if he didn't know that is what you guys do when challenged to back up their lies and allegations...run away.

I think these kites, miscommunications, confusion and leaks around restrictios/dates will just lead to people letting their guard down.
    The government are losing hearts and minds again. Similar to the Golfgate fiasco.

Speaking of that I find the fine gael video last night about the rave nauseating to say the least. Eimear Higgins doing her best Maude Flanders impression was something else and now seems to be gathering comedy viral status. It's almost as if the FFG golf pissup with judges and journalists in attendance undermined the seriousness of the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Theres a growing feeling that many have done what they were told and hoped they'd be seeing easing of restrictions soon,

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Speaking of that I find the fine gael video last night about the rave nauseating to say the least. Eimear Higgins doing her best Maude Flanders impression was something else and now seems to be gathering comedy viral status. It's almost as if the FFG golf pissup with judges and journalists in attendance undermined the seriousness of the situation.
    A link to that please, sounds hillarious

Been reading about that alright, Emer was never going to make it big in the political world, so nothing wrong with dabbling in events and gigs promotion I suppose.

A link to that please, sounds hillarious

Disco biscuits not included.

https://twitter.com/EmerHigginsTD/status/1362795205255188481?s=19

One of the comments below or rightly points out.....

The ticket sellers can claim that "they've legal advice that informs them they're breaking no laws"

Arse = covered :D

https://twitter.com/TJRyan_77/status/1363122489447112707

Ryan had a nightmare on Katie Hannon show.

Personal responsibility my hole. The government are responsible for this. The IAA through the minister of transport can stop any plane they want from landing. This is on them.

"Travel was ‘significant contributor’ to second Covid-19 wave – study
    First-wave virus variants ‘disappeared’ during ‘effective’ first lockdown, research finds"

“What this study shows is if you get your cases as low as we did, in effect you have the ability to eliminate those variants from the country, and if you get the cases that low, your main threat comes from travel,” said Prof Mallon, an author of the report."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/travel-was-significant-contributor-to-second-covid-19-wave-study-1.4489852?mode=amp

Disco biscuits not included.

https://twitter.com/EmerHigginsTD/status/1362795205255188481?s=19

One of the comments below or rightly points out.....

The ticket sellers can claim that "they've legal advice that they're breaking no laws"

Arse = convered :D

It's like the Brass Eye sketch on cake.

• Advertisement

Did you find those quotes I asked you for Brendi?

That's how a discussion goes, you get asked for back up to what you allege and you provide it.

If you don't provide it, then it is YOU who has backed out of the conversation. Wee reminder of the post you ran away from:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116341043&postcount=7898

A man could take it personally the way you ignored that post Brendi, if he didn't know that is what you guys do when challenged to back up their lies and allegations...run away.

I ignored that post because it made no sense to me Francesco.

Where did I ask you for “quotes”.

Please explain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement