Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

smurgen wrote: »
    It's like the Brass Eye sketch on cake.

They should not be allowed near social media, they're disastrous at it.

If you want a really good laugh, have a look at "Neale Photoshop Richmonds apprentice."

AKA Cllr David McManus.

Feckin horsing out 20/30 tweets a day, most of them mumbo jumbo about the shinners or stuff he's obviously only heard about the day before yesterday, but thinks he's an expert in.

Repeatedly handed his hole, it's embarrassing really. His constituents getting really great value for their taxes with that clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I ignored that post because it made no sense to me Francesco.

Where did I ask you for “quotes”.

Please explain.

Sure you ignored it...you 'backed' out Brendi.

Now you'll bore everybody trying to pretend you didn't understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

McMurphy wrote: »
    Is this a severely bad comical Ali impression, or a significantly bad one Brenner?

You've been gutted like a kipper in here as past few weeks horse, time to put the turd down and stop trying to polish it bud.

Heh heh.... keep trying to deflect from the dereliction you got in the past few days.

Hey, listen , no hard feelings, someone who has been filleted and savaged and found out will flail wildly like you, have will resort to anything.

Jaysus... you threw poor Francie under the bus.... poor lad is wallowing in the shallows trying to get himself back to dry land.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Heh heh.... keep trying to deflect from the dereliction you got in the past few days.

Hey, listen , no hard feelings, someone who has been filleted and savaged and found out will flail wildly like you have will resort to anything.

Jaysus... you threw poor Francie under the bus.... poor lad is wallowing in the shallows trying to get himself back to dry land.

Have to say, I enjoyed you desperately trying to salvage your argument...specially when Eamo was on with Katie completely destroying it. :D:D

Now you are going to insist it was everyone else. Great. :D I'm off for a jog...something to look forward to.

Sure you ignored it...you 'backed' out Brendi.

Now you'll bore everybody trying to pretend you didn't understand.

Francie.... get it out there.... get it on topic... let’s get it on.

I got about a month......:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Worst government and worst opposition in the history of the state.

We need new parties.

We need new parties.

What kind of parties.......... you have the floor.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Honest and capable would be a start. Less corruption and greed would help. Courage to do the right thing would be great. Less protection of the Roman Catholic Church too. Less party over country for sure. You just have to look at their supporters and the blind allegiance to see the damage that causes. And I was a FG voter for many years.

New Politics maybe :D

Social Democrats showing the way since GE20.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

A fiscally conservative party who want to cut taxes, regulation and government spending, a party who will stand up to bully boy unions and NGO talking shops, a party that actually represents the people who get up in the morning , but have no stance or whip on abortion at all.

Coalitioned with a party that wants to look after the rural way of life like cutting turf , understands the need for private cars and lobbies to lower cost of ownership, that prioritises road infrastructure spending and the national broadband plan and lobbies to have planning restrictions eased to allow the building of one off housing again

They would have to be 2 separate parties as the second one wouldnt resonate in dublin at all while the first would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

We need new parties.

Free country, nothing to stop you

:eek:

HOUSTON

We got a problem........

Have to say, I enjoyed you desperately trying to salvage your argument...specially when Eamo was on with Katie completely destroying it. :D:D

Now you are going to insist it was everyone else. Great. :D I'm off for a jog...something to look forward to.

What was my argument Francie..... give it to me gently please.

Let’s get the rules and stuff sorted.......:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Parties that will reduce public spending for starters.

Why do NGOs get 5.5billion every year? :rolleyes:

5.5billion every year. That's a metro North,light rail in Cork,Limerick and Galway every year.

Or over 20,000 housing units if each one cost €250k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

5.5billion every year. That's a metro North,light rail in Cork,Limerick and Galway every year.

When you put it like that it really does look like alot of money. I think public transportation really needs to be looked at now. With increased WFH capabilities people are already less reliant on cars. If we got adequate public transport I think people could really see their lives without them. I would make a massive increase in the finances of individuals if they could lives without having to fund cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Because many of them are essentially services that should be provided by govt but they farm them out.

If you stop funding them either they need to come under the direct control of organisations like the HSE so no real reduction in spending, or there would be many many vulnerable people in this country left with no form of support unless they can afford to pay - I'm talking about people (adults and children) with disabilities, addiction issues, learning difficulties, mental health issues etc.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Because many of them are essentially services that should be provided by govt but they farm them out.

If you stop funding them either they need to come under the direct control of organisations like the HSE so no real reduction in spending, or there would be many many vulnerable people in this country left with no form of support unless they can afford to pay - I'm talking about people (adults and children) with disabilities, addiction issues, learning difficulties, mental health issues etc.

I do enjoy hiding the massive waste in NGOs behind the few ones that actually do essential work, theres massive waste, duplication and talking shops in the sector, it really needs trimming down

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I do enjoy hiding the massive waste in NGOs behind the few ones that actually do essential work, theres massive waste, duplication and talking shops in the sector, it really needs trimming down

Not disagreeing there is wastage, duplication, and/or talking shops - it's up to central govt to monitor that. They have the tools at their disposal.

NGO's also employ a hell of a lot of people - which apparently is all we need to know when it comes to funding things like the Greyhound industry or ask questions about tax rates as applied to multinationals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Of course personal responsibility has a huge part to play in beating this pandemic. There are people trying to get around travel restrictions by booking unnecessary dental and other cosmetic procedures abroad. Others ignore funeral size and tun up regardless. When removed from the church, then proceeded to hold a wake with numerous attendees. The list is endless.
    The stirring of hatred towards the government has led to the erecting of a security fence outside the home of the health minister. https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40230365.html

Yet MM causing confusion and Varadkar adding to it is our responsibility....

And how about government responsibility? What in your eyes is the governments role to play in the pandemic if any?

On Drive Time Yesterday they read out a list of what various ministers said about restrictions etc. in the last week or so and they all contradicted each other.

• Advertisement

On Drive Time Yesterday they read out a list of what various ministers said about restrictions etc. in the last week or so and they all contradicted each other.

Could you tell us at what stage in the programme where this happened.

Like how far into the prog.

Like to evaluate that.

Ta ta

Speaking of that I find the fine gael video last night about the rave nauseating to say the least. Eimear Higgins doing her best Maude Flanders impression was something else and now seems to be gathering comedy viral status. It's almost as if the FFG golf pissup with judges and journalists in attendance undermined the seriousness of the situation.

Sounds familiar, there's a few posters that be at similar on this site......

https://twitter.com/dlooney/status/1363124286932856840?s=19

Didnt you know that any criticism of any female politician is misogyny and theyre only being criticised for being female.

Didnt you know that any criticism of any female politician is misogyny and theyre only being criticised for being female.

You'll get it in here regularly Eric,

if the political figure is female - misogynistic accusations.
    LGBT community - you're homophobic
    Leo - as above but occasional racist accusations tacked on for added effect.
    Not a Catholic - sectarian/xenophobic

Etc etc etc.

Seems the only political representative that the woke brigade are ok with criticism would be an Irish catholic straight male..

#irony.

Jaysis they're consistent. You have to give the FG'ers that.
    Can't these people see their virtue signaling is completely see through?
    IMO, the hard core FG don't like the Irish :)

Jaysis they're consistent. You have to give the FG'ers that.
    Can't these people see their virtue signaling is completely see through?

Consistent and coordinated.

**Waves at WhatsApp group monitoring this**

Yet MM causing confusion and Varadkar adding to it is our responsibility....

It wasn’t An Taoiseach causing the confusion, but the reporters who misquoted him, aided and abetted by hysterical social media posters.
    An Tanaiste just pointed out the error of the reporter and posters ways, leading to more hysteria.
    Anyone thinking that things are back to normal by summer need a large dose of reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

It wasn’t An Taoiseach causing the confusion, but the reporters who misquoted him, aided and abetted by hysterical social media posters.
    An Tanaiste just pointed out the error of the reporter and posters ways, leading to more hysteria.
    Anyone thinking that things are back to normal by summer need a large dose of reality.

People have been dealing with reality since December. People need a large dose of optimism. Making comments to papers without a plan on the next few months is on them. No goals set for vaccination either. No idea when we can expect it. It's chaos and it's deliberate squabbling over he said she said ****e in the papers to distract from the gross mismanagement of the pandemic. It's the government need a large dose or reality.

People have been dealing with reality since December. People need a large dose of optimism. Making comments to papers without a plan on the next few months is on them. No goals set for vaccination either. No idea when we can expect it. It's chaos and it's deliberate squabbling over he said she said ****e in the papers to distract from the gross mismanagement of the pandemic. It's the government need a large dose or reality.

Respectfully suggest you need a dose of reality, a chara

You need to inform yourself, dude.

Don’t expect someone else to wipe your ****.

Thanking you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Respectfully suggest you need a dose of reality, a chara

You need to inform yourself, dude.

Don’t expect someone else to wipe your ****.

Thanking you.

Inform of what? Enlighten us all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement