Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Floppybits wrote: »
    The trust in the government and HSE is one of the main problems. It doesn't help that there seems to be a competition between the 2 main parties to see who can leak about the other to the press first. Also these figures they are releasing daily and then throwing in deaths from previous months as well doesn't help the cause either.

That's it started with FG undermining FF at every opportunity but in fairness to FF and Mícheál, he stood up to him recently like keeping him away from the meeting with NPHET. 2 weeks ago so he couldn't run his mouth off.before they made a statement. He could stay quiet in end but made him look bad at not MM.

Until they are partners and not in competiton we are ****ed IMO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Truthvader wrote: »
    Duh... The progress of the virus is changing and evolving on a daily basis. So the response changes and evolves accordingly . The solution is a bit more complex and fluid than shouting "Tiocfaidh ar la" can address

Why you bringing Tiocfaidh ar lá into It? That's the nonsense we get when you have nothing left to defend Govt about

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

That's it started with FG undermining FF at every opportunity but in fairness to FF and Mícheál, he stood up to him recently like keeping him away from the meeting with NPHET. 2 weeks ago so he couldn't run his mouth off.before they made a statement. He could stay quiet in end but made him look bad at not MM.

That really is the problem that both the major parties in the government and looking to get one over on each other at every turn and in fairness to FF they are the not main preparators of this. It seems that FF and Greens for all their failings are serious about government where as the other party just seem to be doing everything possible to make everyone look bad but themselves.

Then there is the Harris issue with him thinking he is still health minister. He needs to be put back in his box and told to only speak of what he is in charge of.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

You are threadbanned from this thread. Take a day off from the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Swabs below 1000 last 2 days and positivity rate decreasing.

Looks like level 3 was starting to work a and people probably got a wake up call from level 5 been recommended.

Ah well too late now, lockdown it is.

At least people can say Leo looks silly now right?

Guess that's all that matter to some here.

I would say people would much prefer business as usual, and no Lockdown at all.

Leo looking silly is just a side effect of Leo acting the maggot, and the only person responsible for that is Leo.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    I would say people would much prefer business as usual, and no Lockdown at all.

Leo looking silly is just a side effect of Leo acting the maggot, and the only person responsible for that is Leo.

Of course we’d all prefer business as usual. Unfortunately there are plenty ignoring the guidelines, meaning the rest of us suffer. Very civic minded of them.

Your silly obsession with Leo is beyond pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Of course we’d all prefer business as usual. Unfortunately there are plenty ignoring the guidelines, meaning the rest of us suffer. Very civic minded of them.

I have no "obsession" with Leo, Jingle jungle made a fairly misinformed post, which mentioned Leo, it was that specific part of his post I took umbrage with, kind of difficult pulling him up on that specific part of his post without mentioning the man, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Leo gets criticised for his part in this. Which has basically been shown up for what it was - PR preening and political playacting.

Others get the same treatment when they deserve criticism n this 'government' thread.

You just want to blame the people for something the government is wholly involved in with serious and profound responsibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Leo has them all scared.

If there is an election in the next 18 months, Leo has the narrative that Covid was being handled really well until he had to go into coalition.

If there is an election in the longer term, and we are in recovery mode, Leo also holds the upper hand.

He is the biggest obstacle to Sinn Fein's route to power, hence their obsession.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Keep SF Out

blanch152 wrote: »
    Leo has them all scared.

If there is an election in the next 18 months, Leo has the narrative that Covid was being handled really well until he had to go into coalition.

If there is an election in the longer term, and we are in recovery mode, Leo also holds the upper hand.

He is the biggest obstacle to Sinn Fein's route to power, hence their obsession.

Your right. Don't let them IRA loving scum near Govt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Your right. Don't let them IRA loving scum near Govt

I have a feeling you are really going to raise the standards of these threads :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Leo has them all scared.

In my experience two people that go at each other hammer and tongs are the very 2 that hammer out a deal
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if the 2 biggest parties form the next government and FF won't be one of them

Leo has them all scared.

We heard the exact same thing before and during the election campaign. Including some poster hilariously predicting that SF had reached their ceiling.

Not in touch at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

christy c wrote: »
    I have a feeling you are really going to raise the standards of these threads :)

To be fair this thread has become very Groundhog Day. The government continue to offer up excellent material on a daily basis and the supporters tend to look the other way.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

christy c wrote: »

lol no.

Mod

Keep SF Out, stay out of this thread (the irony).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

To be fair this thread has become very Groundhog Day. The government continue to offer up excellent material on a daily basis and the supporters tend to look the other way.

Wouldn't be much point if we all looked the same way would it.
    The other way is more unclear, the opposition have no record of doing any better, in fact it looks worse by far in their territory.
    Tell me I'm wrong if you think it is better?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Wouldn't be much point if we all looked the same way would it.
    The other way is more unclear, the opposition have no record of doing any better, in fact it looks worse by far in their territory.
    Tell me I'm wrong if you think it is better?

There is more to the opposition than SF.

I think the SDs are doing very well and Alan Kelly to be fair is having a stormer lately. Some of the Independents are superb too (eg. Catherine Connolly).

Being honest I think our political system is failing us very badly. At least we got rid of the Civil War charade. However this idea that FF/FG can be as inept and self-serving as they want because at least they are not SF is preventing progress.

SF will get their chance next time out and probably make a balls of it. FF/FG have written the playbook on magical money trees in last week's budget which will guide SF in how to ruin the Irish economy.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

I think the SDs are doing very well and Alan Kelly to be fair is having a stormer lately. Some of the Independents are superb too (eg. Catherine Connolly).

Being honest I think our political system is failing us very badly. At least we got rid of the Civil War charade. However this idea that FF/FG can be as inept and self-serving as they want because at least they are not SF is preventing progress.

SF will get their chance next time out and probably make a balls of it. FF/FG have written the playbook on magical money trees in last week's budget which will guide SF in how to ruin an economy...again.

So far as I know SF haven't ruined our economy yet at all, unless you count the cost of their terrorist past.
    The current budget is mostly welcomed because of the virus and the supports it delivers to alleviate the economy.
    Tough times we are in.
    I doubt we will see the likes repeated again for years and hope we never need to.
    I take your point ré the opposition and agree, but the reality is that without SF being part of the next govt, and they are the major opposition party, the others would just be bit players to FG and or FF again.
    The only one of them that stands a chance of governing on an equal footing is SF, and that doesn't inspire much confidence in me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

So far as I know SF haven't ruined our economy yet at all, unless you count the cost of their terrorist past.
    The current budget is mostly welcomed because of the virus and the supports it delivers to alleviate the economy.
    Tough times we are in.
    I doubt we will see the likes repeated again for years and hope we never need to.
    I take your point ré the opposition and agree, but the reality is that without SF being part of the next govt, and they are the major opposition party, the others would just be bit players to FG and or FF again.
    The only one of them that stands a chance of governing on an equal footing is SF, and that doesn't inspire much confidence in me anyway.

Certainly not after seeing the performance in NI and the shambles that was in full view at the Bobby Storey event.

Who in their right senses could look at that lot,and let their leaders anywhere near the levers of our State.

Need to up their game very appreciably and take a long long time to wipe that rubbish from genuine folk’s minds.

Then there’s Waterford and what’s down there........

Certainly not after seeing the performance in NI and the shambles that was in full view at the Bobby Storey event.

Who in their right senses could look at that lot,and let their leaders anywhere near the levers of our State.

Need to up their game very appreciably and take a long long time to wipe that rubbish from genuine folk’s minds.

Then there’s Waterford and what’s down there........

:D:D:D The 'genuine folk' schmoozing in Clifden Brendi?

• Advertisement

:D:D:D The 'genuine folk' schmoozing in Clifden Brendi?

All gone from the scene Francie, the military funeralers are still in place.

SF will get their chance next time out and probably make a balls of it. FF/FG have written the playbook on magical money trees in last week's budget which will guide SF in how to ruin an economy...again.

Alan Kelly and Róisín Shorthall are leading the opposition by default. MaryLou had to come on the radio after stellar performances by them and remind listeners that SHE is leader of the opposition!

Yeh right. How many were reappointed or given other posts? How many names do we still not know?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

And the lads caressing the shooters for the photo shoots later on.

A five iron seems kind of harmless against a carbine, it would have to be said.

Uhmmmm......

Yeh right. How many were reappointed or given other posts? How many names do we still not know?

You tell me, I don't know.
    I know about the shinners at the funeral, none gone or replaced or reprimanded even.

You tell me, I don't know.
    I know about the shinners at the funeral, none gone or replaced or reprimanded even.

I'll let you go research how many got other roles. Can't be bothered searching to inform you. Woulfe still hanging in there too, making a joke of all and sundry.

Why would they have to go? Because they broke social distancing rules?

By the way, I only called on the FG chap that repeatedly lied to resign. The 'genuine people' apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

13 more deaths. Costly government for the people.

smurgen wrote: »

Seen that unfortunate figure, good man for politicising that.
    Anyway, its a tragic and sad day for all families involved.

It’s up to each and every one of us to cop on and keep our distance. Not the government. They can only offer guidelines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Have you any idea how ridiculous that statement is? Do you think those who sadly died and were counted in todays figures weren't very ill with it 2 weeks ago aswell?
    I buried an old friend yesterday who is probably in todays 13 count and I can tell you that my local areas spike in covid was caused by 2 GAA parties in 2 local pubs
    They couldn't care less
    The virus got in linked to that
    Nothing whatsoever to do with any government, North or South Sinn Féin or Fine Gael
    Everything to do with people not giving a sh1t
    Please be careful in what you say,because misleading statements like that don't help
    Oh and if Tat wants to tackle smurgen's tit and continue this angle please DON'T
    Thanks ,have a little respect and restraint.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement