Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

McMurphy wrote: »
    The virus originated in Wuhan, China.

I don't think it arrived in Ireland via email, or DHL in a jiffy bag Maryanne.

It came here via foreign travel. Rocket science it ain't

Soooooo. You’ve not got any actual evidence that every. Single. Person. Entering. Ireland. Has. Covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

McMurphy wrote: »
    The virus originated in Wuhan, China.

I don't think it arrived in Ireland via email, or DHL in a jiffy bag Maryanne.

It came here via foreign travel. Rocket science it ain't

It came in on a bat. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

Soooooo. You’ve not got any actual evidence that every. Single. Person. Entering. Ireland. Has. Covid?

Nobody said every single person entering Ireland has Covid.

You said it to try deflect

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bizarre. Somebody has run out of road. :rolleyes:

Technically we aren't even an island.

Hold up there boss, when did this change?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Thats the response of someone who cannot defend the Govt on it so trys to deflect and makr a joke of it all

It's no joke though is it.
    The first case here is believed to be a traveller who came in through Dublin heading for NI.
    We aren't an island nation government wise are we?
    How many travellers would you think brought the virus in coming through the north heading south?
    We haven't absolute control of the island as you all well know and technically the Republic of Ireland is not an island.

Floppybits wrote: »

See above.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Bojo got the job done on the sly

ni%20tunnel%20February%202021.jpg

The first case here is believed to be a traveller who came in through Dublin heading for NI.
    How many travellers would you think brought the virus in coming through the north heading south?
    We haven't absolute control of the island as you all well know and technically the Republic of Ireland is not an island.

How many travellers came through Dublin to get to the 6 counties that had the virus?
    We have no control as our Govt ignored calls from the 6 counties on sharinflg passenger info.

We are not an island hahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

3-4 more weeks before the mandatory quarantine can be set up. 3-4 more weeks. End March 2021. The emergency legislation needs 'scrutiny' McEntee said even though all the opposition are willing to support a fasttrack of it. Embarrassing.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

3-4 more weeks before the mandatory quarantine can be set up. 3-4 more weeks. End March 2021. The emergency legislation needs 'scrutiny' McEntee said even though all the opposition are willing to support a fasttrack of it. Embarrassing.

I know. Must be something constitutional involved is all I can figure on that.

How many travellers came through Dublin to get to the 6 counties that had the virus?
    We have no control as our Govt ignored calls from the 6 counties on sharinflg passenger info.

We are not an island hahahahaha

And you accused me of joking?
    At the end of the day unless we close our land border we can't guarantee or control our borders.
    There's no hiding that fact and guffawing it doesn't change the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Ok. Was that traveller a holiday maker, a returning emigrant, a citizen returning from a family occasion, a trucker bringing in vital supplies?

It's irrelevant which of those it was because we don't have control of our borders and this government is too weak to take control. Lessons were not learned from the first wave and we're now in the third wave a year later.

The test, track and trace system fell on its arse and we stopped testing close contact over the christmas peak.

So they can close businesses and destroy peoples livelihoods over night and didn't need this scrutiny but to bring in quarantine with the support of all parties they pull out the auld " we need to scruntinise the legislation" excuse just to delay it. Looks like they are kicking the can down the road and hoping that by the time the legislation is scruntanised that the numbers will have dropped so that they can ignore quarantining.

And you accused me of joking?
    At the end of the day unless we close our land border we can't guarantee or control our borders.
    There's no hiding that fact and guffawing it doesn't change the truth.

We can set up checkpoints on the Republic side of the border. Have we done it? No

If only we were an island it wouldnt be so hard

We can set up checkpoints on the Republic side of the border. Have we done it? No

If only we were an island it wouldnt be so hard

If only!

If only!

You ignoring our Govt failing to have checkpoints our side of the border to stem the flow of traffic going both ways?

Bojo got the job done on the sly

ni%20tunnel%20February%202021.jpg

That Boris lad is a sneaky little sh*t. I am just shocked that we are not living on an island.

That Boris lad is a sneaky little sh*t. I am just shocked that we are not living on an island.

I just informed my kids teacher we are not an island and she has asked that I do not sit with my son as he does his schoolwork

Nope, they are just really slow and never proactive. The justice minister acknowledged it was very slow today. Sounded like 2 weeks for the legislation (which should have been prepared/reviewed many months go as a mitigation action) and 1-2 weeks more to get the hotels fully ready. They can bring in other emergency legislation much quicker!

Indefensible unless you've got blinkers on.

• Advertisement

You ignoring our Govt failing to have checkpoints our side of the border to stem the flow of traffic going both ways?

Ask Francie Brady?
    Do you know the border at all?
    I called for the border to be closed on here last summer but was nearly booted out here by shinner supporters and told it was impossible to do.
    Our govt is getting blamed because the north won't close their border with the UK.
    But no one can talk sense to the unionists or the UK govt over their travel rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Facepalm Maryanne, face palm.

Every single covid 19 case in Ireland is a direct result of foreign travel, deflect away with your nonsense if you like, but the virus originated in China, and spread, from there, via foreign travel, to almost every other country in the world (I haven't looked it up in a while but there's only s handful of tiny microstates and islands it hasn't shown up in)

It's madness anyone trying to argue against that, but far be it from me to get in your way.

Nope, they are just really slow never proactive. The justice minister acknowledged it was very slow today. Sounded like 2 weeks for the legislation (which should have been prepared/reviewed many months go as a mitigation action) and 1-2 weeks more to get the hotels ready. They can bring in other emergency legislation much quicker!

If the legislation involved robbing money from peoples pension funds you can bet they would have it in place over night.

Nope, they are just really slow never proactive. The justice minister acknowledged it was very slow today. Sounded like 2 weeks for the legislation (which should have been prepared/reviewed many months go as a mitigation action) and 1-2 weeks more to get the hotels ready. They can bring in other emergency legislation much quicker!

Surely the Hotels are ready to go. Did this Govt ever hear of planning

Surely the Hotels are ready to go. Did this Govt ever hear of planning

No, they are utterly unprofessional. You would have to question the capability of the civil service too.

Ask Francie Brady?
    I called for the border to be closed on here last summer but was nearly booted out here by shinner supporters and told it was impossible to do.
    Our govt is getting blamed because the north won't close their border with the UK.
    But no one can talk sense to the unionists or the UK govt over their travel rights.

Having checkpoints our side of the border to stop the flow of traffic is not closing the border, its turning around and fining anyone outside their 5k who should not be

Our Govt have refused to co-operate with the 6 counties!!

If you cant blame SF, blame the North.. The FFG way

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Although this govt likes to claim things can't happen due to the Constitution despite there being zero mention of whatever it is they are calling difficult in the Constitution (e.g. maternity leave for TDs), even they haven't tried that excuse as far as I know. Martin did state "compelling legal reasons" but didn't define them or say where he got that advice.
    I did read the Constitution just to see if anything jumped out at me. Nope.
    Then I read David Kenny's article that addresses any potential Constitutional issues https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/mandatory-quarantine-allowable-under-the-constitution-1.4476110.

I did note the Constitution says the State may not endow any religion and that economic necessity should not force any woman to work outside the home.
    I can't help but feel that only having a state funded school that was under the direct control of the Roman Catholic Church (Nuns!) available to me for my mandatory education, and having worked outside the home due to economic necessity of paying my mortgage, bills, healthcare, food etc that the State infringed my Constitutional rights without a bother on them. And is continuing to do so to millions of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Ask Francie Brady?

What did the government do about it?
    Did they publicly support those calling for the GB-NI air corridor to close? No they didn't.
    Did they criticise those wanting to keep it open for abstract ideological notions of 'connection' as vociferously as they will criticise other party's in the North?
    Did they seek to anything about it through the mechanisms built into the GFA and ancillary agreements?

Did they EVEN respond to communications from the relevant departments in NI?

You, like Maryanne are all out of road on this. Abysmal protection of it's own people by this government...utterly abysmal.

Having checkpoints our side of the border to stop the flow of traffic is not closing the border, its turning around and fining anyone outside their 5k who should not be

Our Govt have refused to co-operate with the 6 counties!!

If you cant blame SF, blame the North.. The FFG way

I see the full FG manual is being used today. Must have been a training or refresher course over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Things I've seen posted on boards.

Fine Gael have an overseas office. Based in Belfast.
    The island of Ireland isn't actually an island.
    Covid 19 didn't arrive into (the not an island anymore) Ireland as a result of foreign travel.

Everyday is a school day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement