Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    Things I've seen posted on boards.

Fine Gael have an overseas office. Based in Belfast.
    The island of Ireland isn't actually an island.
    Covid 19 didn't arrive into the not an island anymore Ireland as a result of foreign travel.

Everyday is a school day.

Wait till you get a load of the UK SF/ROI SF theories. :):)

Literally every single one maryanne. Every. Single. One.
    Nobody said every single person entering Ireland has Covid.

You said it to try deflect

McM did. Not me!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

McM did. Not me!

Trying to spin yarns might work at the local fg get together Maryann, but it won't go unchallenged here.

This is what you asked.
    How many positives are as the result of travel?

To which I replied all of them, the virus wasn't emailed here Maryanne, it arrived here and spread literally due to foreign travel.

Had you of asked how many people leaving or entering this not an island anymore, were covid positive, I'd have correctly told you that, that was impossible to answer. I.E it's not what you asked, and therefore not what I answered.

Just outright lying that I said something I didn't does you no favours.

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

McM did. Not me!

Nobody said it only you

Trying to spin yarns might work at the local fg get together Maryann, but it won't go unchallenged he

This was what you asked.

To which I replied all of them, the virus wasn't emailed here Maryanne, it spread via foreign travel.

Had you of asked how many people leaving or entering this not an island anymore, were covid positive, I'd have correctly told you that, that was impossible to answer. I.E it's not what you asked, and therefore not what I answered.

Just outright lying that I said something I didn't does you no favours.

Thanks for clarification.

FYI I’m not a member of ANY political party. I make my choices depending on the performance of both Government and Opposition. I have a rather low bulls**t level and unlike many, don’t expect any government to do everything or think for me. I’ve always been a fan of one standing on ones own feet, making my own decisions and living with the consequences. Good or bad.

• Advertisement

Thanks for clarification.

FYI I’m not a member of ANY political party. I make my choices depending on the performance of both Government and Opposition. I have a rather low bulls**t level and unlike many, don’t expect any government to do everything or think for me. I’ve always been a fan of one standing on ones own feet, making my own decisions and living with the consequences. Good or bad.

Good at making things up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Things I've seen posted on boards.

Fine Gael have an overseas office. Based in Belfast.
    The island of Ireland isn't actually an island.
    Covid 19 didn't arrive into (the not an island anymore) Ireland as a result of foreign travel.

Everyday is a school day.

If your referring to me, I never said the island of Ireland wasn't an island.
    I said we weren't an island, the Republic of Ireland, the part that Dublin govern.
    Apart from smart remarks, tell me which part of that isnt true?
    Is there zero covid in the other part or zero travel and quarentining, you know, the part where SF are in govt?
    Should we close all borders to the Republic?

Denmark plan to be fully vaccinated by the end of June

Ireland plan to, eh something Sinn Fein

I said we weren't an island, the Republic of Ireland, the part that Dublin govern.
    Is there zero covid in the other part or zero travel and quarentining, you know, the part where SF are in govt?
    You should have gone east, and we are not the worst island nation with covid.
    Technically we aren't even an island.

Deos it not concern you,that we are all locked down,while thousands of people from at risk areas entered dublin already this month?

The lack of mandatory quaratineing,11 months into this,knowing it to be necessary,is complete mis-goverence

How many people from at risk areas/countries entered via belfast this month and journeyed onto the republic...is it north of 200?

Complaining about stormont,while refusing to bring in mandatory quaramtines here is pure diversion,we cant travel 5km,but state wont stop someone travlling from belfast all over the country....something deosnt add up here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Nope, they are just really slow and never proactive. The justice minister acknowledged it was very slow today. Sounded like 2 weeks for the legislation (which should have been prepared/reviewed many months go as a mitigation action) and 1-2 weeks more to get the hotels fully ready. They can bring in other emergency legislation much quicker!

Indefensible unless you've got blinkers on.

They're probably too busy working on legislation to increase drinking hours.

Like is this really that urgent under the current circumstances?

• Advertisement

Denmark plan to be fully vaccinated by the end of June

Ireland plan to, eh something Sinn Fein

uk is on brink of reopening,we cant even get over 70s done before end of summer

Patethic

You said technically we aren't an island, we are. From Dingle right up to Donegal, we're surrounded by water, that's an island by anyone elses definition.

As for closing the border's, yeah I'd be up for that, but it's pointless if people are going to circumvent a border closure by using Belfast to come home, and vise versa use Dublin to travel north.

Hence why we need a coordinated approach north and south.

I know a political party in the north have called for this to happen, can you show me where FFG offered them any support in that regard bishop?

We've gone full circle now, arguing about why an all island approach would absolutely make sense for a million more reasons than trying to man and police a border that is not remotely possible to man and police.

If you're going to start with lies as facts Mc no point in going further because technically we aren't an island.

If you're going to start with lies as facts Mc no point in going further because technically we aren't an island.

Geographically we are.

For reference;

We truly are through the looking glass.

IMG-20210222-123307.jpg

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Geographically we are.

But politically, we’re not.

Well Mary we all know who signed off on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Well Mary we all know who signed off on that.

Let's see, who signed off on that?
    FF
    FG
    Lab
    SDLP
    SF
    UUP

and

AP

DUP didn't I suppose

IMG-20210222-123307.jpg

Is Brunei an island?
    Is Borneo a country?

• Advertisement

I'm not arguing this any further lads.
    Have a nice day.

Ireland 2nd in EU on combined 1st and 2nd vaccination administrations as per ECDC stats 21.02.21

Denmark leads the way.
    Malta and Finland ahead of Ireland in 1st dose rate, but have lower 2nd dose % completed.

Is Brunei an island?
    Is Borneo a country?

Hi Finty. (And bishop if he's "out" but maybe still "lurking")

Does Brunei/Borneo have a govt unit literally called "Shared Island Unit"?

Well we do here in Ireland.

It was introduced by the FFG GOVT. That's who this thread is about.
    The Programme for Government sets out the government’s commitment to working with all communities and traditions on the island to build consensus around a shared future, underpinned by the Good Friday Agreement.

Jesus Christ lads, some of you would argue black is white FFS.

Trump wouldn't get a look in.

Ireland 2nd in EU on combined 1st and 2nd vaccination administrations as per ECDC stats 21.02.21

Denmark leads the way.
    Malta and Finland ahead of Ireland in 1st dose rate, but have lower 2nd dose % completed.

Denmark plan to have everyone vaccinated by the end of June

We have no plan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

IMG-20210222-123307.jpg

I read something about that in school. Pretty sure.

Someone needs to send a memo to Michaél.

Rename it the "Shared technically not an island unit"

Politically, geographically and with your own eyes should you be arsed...Ireland is an Island. Politics doesn't magic away physical attributes contained in nature.

Is Brunei an island?
    Is Borneo a country?

Is this to get at the Irish or do you really want to continue this nonsense?

Are you.

• Advertisement

Denmark plan to have everyone vaccinated by the end of June

We have no plan

We do have a plan and it is being implemented.
    That might not suit the narrative for some but it is a reality

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement