Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The government have lost the confidence of the people of Ireland.

Lost it? They never earned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

McMurphy wrote: »
    One-upmanship.

It does seem that FF and FG are playing a game of one-upmanship. It would be bad enough in normal times but doing it in the middle of a pandemic just shows how much these 2 party's care about the country. How anyone can stand over that or support it must be getting favours or are being paid to support them?

Here is Donnelly having to clearing up the confusion from yesterday. Are these party's not talking to each other at all? Have relationships totally broken down?

https://twitter.com/thejournal_ie/status/1364117004819582977?s=19

Good sensible advice here. Dates don’t drive anything. Softly, softly and one step at a time.

“THE WORLD HEALTH Organisation’s top emergencies expert has warned that the high number of Covid-19 cases in Ireland means the government has little option but to persist with current health restrictions.
    Dr Mike Ryan also encouraged people to focus on personal behaviours that limit the spread of the virus, rather than trying to predict when certain restrictions could be lifted.
    He told RTÉ’s News at One programme that the alternative to carefully re-opening the country was a scenario in which restrictions were lifted too quickly and the country “lurched back” into another lockdown.
    “I know the government is looking at a plan for living with Covid. I’ve been saying that myself for quite a while now: we need to get on top of the virus, get in control of this virus and move to a longer-term plan to [...] stop the death and the hosptialisations,” he said.
    “Once we stop deaths and hospitalisations, this virus becomes a more normal threat and we can deal with it in a more rational and structured way, and we will have more choices to open up.”
    However, Ryan suggested that the current number of cases in Ireland was too high to allow restrictions to be loosened when the government unveils its updated Living with Covid plan tomorrow.”

https://www.thejournal.ie/dr-mike-ryan-who-ireland-living-with-covid-dates-5361918-Feb2021/

For once I admire Boris for his clear public address of a clear plan while not tying himself down to exact dates

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

For once I admire Boris for his clear public address of a clear plan while not tying himself down to exact dates

Let's hope today is a better clearer day here.
    Yesterday was a disaster, as have many days been, pr wise.
    Everytime one of them opens their mouths it seems to be to contradict or second guess the other.
    PR wise Donnelly is a car crash.

• Advertisement

10 years since the Moriarty report was handed to then Taoiseach Enda Kenny (FG). I wonder if it will be published soon?

https://twitter.com/EamonMelia/status/1363954748815204354

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Let's hope today is a better clearer day here.
    Yesterday was a disaster, as have many days been, pr wise.
    Everytime one of them opens their mouths it seems to be to contradict or second guess the other.
    PR wise Donnelly is a car crash.

The coalition of chaos...... I wouldn't be getting my hopes up bish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

20201126-210906.jpg
    Floppybits wrote: »
    10 years since the Moriarty report was handed to then Taoiseach Enda Kenny (FG). I wonder if it will be published soon?

https://twitter.com/EamonMelia/status/1363954748815204354

McMurphy wrote: »
    The coalition of chaos...... I wouldn't be getting my hopes up bish.

Not expecting much from them. Listening to 98fm and the HSE have sent in a statement that contradicted level 5 restrictions. How anyone can say that since the Taoiseach interview last week this hasn't been a complete disaster and then try defend it needs to have their head examined.

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058162694/3/#post116374760

How do people think the Govt is dealing with Covid 19.

That link says it all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

This one?

https://moriarty-tribunal.ie/tribunal-report-part-2/

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058162694/3/#post116374760

How do people think the Govt is dealing with Covid 19.

That link says it all

They’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

So what do you make of the Minister for Health coming on live TV confusing parents about the school reopening?

How do you feel that yet again we basically know what will be said tonight because they cant stop leaking things to the press?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

2342024_3_articlelarge_CC_20GOVERNMENT_20BUIDLINGS_20_390474638.jpg

Out

Out!

Out!

I loathe the man on a visceral level and I normally couldn't give a monkeys about politics
    Stephen Donnelly under fire for latest communications gaffe

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40231847.html
    Health Minister Stephen Donnelly is under fresh fire after he was forced to clarify comments he made suggesting talks between the minister for education and teaching unions on schools reopening had not concluded.

Twitter after his interview last night was funnier than some episodes of Fawlty Towers

No they're not. They are damned because they have been a disaster since day 1. Instead of leading the country, showing the way we are going to get back to normal and setting an example this government have been found wanting every single time. Their first living with covid plan was in tatters within a few hours of being announced, not to mention Varadkars attack on NPHET and then the fiasco over the Christmas period. People are now at the end of the tether now and lost all confidence in this government especially with fiasco that has occurred since the Taoiseach's interview in the Mirror and then followed up day after day and culminating in Donnelly's latest media disaster.

If one good thing comes out of the disaster of last few days that finally Martin and especially Varadkar and his FG party give up this game of one-upmanship and get on with the job if actually leading the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Why was Donnelly so confused about the teachers unions talks last night on CB Live?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Why was Donnelly so confused about the teachers unions talks last night on CB Live?

Probably didn't get an update because there are too many layers between each minister. I wouldn't be surprised if a member of education ministers team never sent an update or they did send an update but a member of Health Ministers team either didn't bother reading the message or read it and never passed it on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

It does back to the coalition negotiations. Martin and FF were terrible.
    They accepted all the tough ministries while FG get to sick back and gloat.

Donnelly having a shocker on Health. The CB Live show last night another disaster for him. Meanwhile Harris is having a great time and you'll notice he isn't around to help out.

Foley will be seen as the worst Education minister in the history of the state. (I don't see Harris or Richard Bruton helping out)

2 FF Agriculture ministers have embarrassed the government.

Paschal kept Finance but he is happy to tell everyone how much cash he is printing to help out while the national debt spirals.

Even O'Gorman (Greens) has been used as a shield to protect FFG from their Mother and Baby home legacy and the whitewashed report.

No wonder Martin and Leo are not getting along.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Not on top of his brief and hasn't been since taking office.

It does back to the coalition negotiations. Martin and FF were terrible.
    They accepted all the tough ministries while FG get to sick back and gloat.

Donnelly having a shocker on Health. The CB Live show last night another disaster for him. Meanwhile Harris is having a great time and you'll notice he isn't around to help out.

Foley will be seen as the worst Education minister in the history of the state. (I don't see Harris or Richard Bruton helping out)

2 FF Agriculture ministers have embarrassed the government.

Paschal kept Finance but he is happy to tell everyone how much cash he is printing to help out while the national debt spirals.

Even O'Gorman (Greens) has been used as a shield to protect FFG from their Mother and Baby home legacy and the whitewashed report.

No wonder Martin and Leo are not getting along.

You have to admit FG played a blinder in the government negotiations. They smelled Martins desperation and took him and the FF party to the cleaners. All you can do is applaud them for that.

• Advertisement

You have to admit FG played a blinder in the government negotiations. They smelled Martins desperation and took him and the FF party to the cleaners. All you can do is applaud them for that.

Eh they formed a Govt to lead the people through a pandemic.

Your giving praise for them playing politics with people's lives

Eh they formed a Govt to lead the people through a pandemic.

Your giving praise for them playing politics with people's lives

That may have been one of the reasons and it makes a great soundbite as if they are making a sacrifice but do you really think that FG went into those talks after been given a kicking in the election and they weren't looking at getting back to being the biggest party.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Absolutely - FF and Greens the patsies. Donnelly completely set up to fail. Foley the same...FF's shiny new lights.

Absolutely - FF and Greens the patsies. Donnelly completely set up to fail. Foley the same...FF's shiny new lights.

Martin is the person to blame, It was his obsession and desperation to become Taoiseach and not be the first and possibly only FF leader not to be Taoiseach that allow FG walk all over them and unfortunately we are all paying for that now.

I think Martin has probably killed the FF party.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Martin is the person to blame, It was his obsession and desperation to become Taoiseach and not be the first and possibly only FF leader not to be Taoiseach that allow FG walk all over them and unfortunately we are all paying for that now.

I think Martin has probably killed the FF party.

That's probably why Cowen and Co have already stated they're open to coalition with SF - at some point before the next election it will all come to a head internally in FF with Mehole and his band of useless f**ks getting cast to the side. By that stage you will probably see Coveney leading the charge for FG and the Leak will be sent off into the sunset.

grayzer75 wrote: »
    That's probably why Cowen and Co have already stated they're open to coalition with SF - at some point before the next election it will all come to a head internally in FF with Mehole and his band of useless f**ks getting cast to the side. By that stage you will probably see Coveney leading the charge for FG and the Leak will be sent off into the sunset.

The Leak will def be gone. Not only can FG not afford to have him lead them to another disastrous election, he would struggle to hold onto his seat

grayzer75 wrote: »

I want to see that FF will do when Martin hands over to Varadkar, will we then see FF doing to Varadkar and FG what they have done to Martin and FF.

I do expect to see Martin resign as FF leader when he does hand over to Varadkar and possibly not run in the in the next election. Varadkar I think will brazen it out and lead FG into the next election and depending on how they do that will seal his faith.

The real problem I see is the complete and utter lack of talent in all the parties. It is depressing when you look at the parties and think there are very very few that you would trust to walk your dog and return the dog safely. FF is a wasteland if you ask me and you can see that in the performances of Foley and Donnelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

I want to see that FF will do when Martin hands over to Varadkar, will we then see FF doing to Varadkar and FG what they have done to Martin and FF.

I do expect to see Martin resign as FF leader when he does hand over to Varadkar and possibly not run in the in the next election. Varadkar I think will brazen it out and lead FG into the next election and depending on how they do that will seal his faith.

The real problem I see is the complete and utter lack of talent in all the parties. It is depressing when you look at the parties and think there are very very few that you would trust to walk your dog and return the dog safely. FF is a wasteland if you ask me and you can see that in the performances of Foley and Donnelly.

What's coming behind them is worse in both parties, FF are rudderless and FG just spend all day attacking SF which most of the youth have seen through and voted for SF as a two fingered salute to the other two.

Thankfully the Greens and Sleepy will be wiped and the next election but there's scope for the likes of the SocDems to do well if they can organise themselves with strong young candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darem93

The only - and I mean only - good thing to come from FF's utterly shambolic handling of this pandemic will be seeing them decimated at the next election.

I just hope the public don't punish FF by putting FG back in again. As pointed out above, they have basically let FF be the fall guy by giving them all the toughest ministries and letting MM take the role of Taoiseach first. However they have very much been an equal partner in this coalition of chaos and hopefully people will see through the spin machine.

• Advertisement

darem93 wrote: »
    The only - and I mean only - good thing to come from FF's utterly shambolic handling of this pandemic will be seeing them decimated at the next election.

I just hope the public don't punish FF by putting FG back in again. As pointed out above, they have basically let FF be the fall guy by giving them all the toughest ministries and letting MM take the role of Taoiseach first. However they have very much been an equal partner in this coalition of chaos and hopefully people will see through the spin machine.

Its not FFs shambolic handling of the pandemic, It has been FF/FG and The Greens shambolic handling of the pandemic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement