Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

In the past I said the FF/FG parties should apologise for their parties role in the mother and baby homes. Now it looks like the current cohort are as implicated. Shameful.

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

https://twitter.com/christinafinn8/status/1364296598201720832?s=19

This should 100% be extended, They were caught out lying saying they were destroyed. What else is being hid?

https://twitter.com/christinafinn8/status/1364296598201720832?s=19

This should 100% be extended, They were caught out lying saying they were destroyed. What else is being hid?

Why deleted in the first place? Finding back ups doesn't absolve them.

Why deleted in the first place? Finding back ups doesn't absolve them.

"Finding back ups" Where they destroyed at all? Did they hope it would get to the weekend and it would go away

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Great news that they found the testimonies. The survivors that want their transcripts will be pleased. The chancers wont because those transcripts will challenge the commissions findings.

Very very very interesting timing ;)

What a tangled web...

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

Great news that they found the testimonies. The survivors that want their transcripts will be pleased. The chancers wont because those transcripts will challenge the commissions findings.

Very very very interesting timing ;)

What a tangled web...

My theory is they were following a request from their client, the FF/FG/Green state, to downplay some items and leave no trace. So when they deleted the testimonies and saw their client, the FF/FG/Green state, were hanging them out to dry...they found back ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

My theory is they were following a request from their client, the FF/FG/Green state, to downplay some items and leave no trace. So when they deleted the testimonies and saw their client, the FF/FG/Green state, were hanging them out to dry...they found back ups.

Pretty much where I'd be too James. Spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

With hopefully 5.1 million doses in the country by end of June, it looks like almost every adult that wants a vaccine will have got at least one dose by the end of Q2. Baring any issues with supply from the companies, or resistant variants, it is starting to look like the 2nd half of 2021 will be pretty good.

https://twitter.com/MichaelsCoDub/status/1364312179449675776?s=19

Mícheál laughing, Leo smirking when getting asked about hospitality

This is not on

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

There is always at least one tinfoil hat conspiracy theory for every governmental situation.

Congratulations for finding one to suit this situation.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

Floppybits wrote: »
    I have missed the Taoiseach's speech on Covid this evening, how was it?

It was brilliant, he told us who the real heroes are and he understands the stress and anxiety a lot of us are going through.

I think he spoke well and didn't leave any stone unturned.
    Hopefully he'll get a well earned break soon.
    I'd say it's been the most stressful time in Government since the financial crash.
    He's confident that if we stay focused and keep our wits about us, pretty soon we'll see some light at the end of the tunnel.

I gave them a no 2 in the last election, but next time a deserving no 1

I can't understand why people are giving such negative feedback, they're paying people pup, usually when one looses a job they're on 203 a week...

But still people are giving out about the lockdown, it's not the government's fault, they're doing their best to flatten the curve.

Just give them a chance...

iagreebut wrote: »
    It was brilliant, he told us who the real heroes are and he understands the stress and anxiety a lot of us are going through.

I'd say it's been the most stressful time in Government since the financial crash.
    He's confident that if we stay focused and keep our wits about us, pretty soon we'll see some light at the end of the tunnel.

I can't understand why people are giving such negative feedback, they're paying people pup, usually when one looses a job they're on 203 a week...

But still people are giving out about the lockdown, it's not the government's fault, they're doing their best to flatten the curve.

Good one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

You know when blanch likes a post that it's a pile of dross. The precedent has been set.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I was waiting for a punchline. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Out of their own pockets like?

Also, these people haven't lost their jobs, they're furloughed, some arguably due to govt incompetence.

It has to be paid back too.

Either they couldn't give two ****s or maybe they've been in an enclosed space with Eamo after he sparked one up.

McMurphy wrote: »

Also, these people haven't lost their jobs, they're furloughed, some arguably due to govt incompetence.

Taxing the people of the PUP is a disgrace. It is through no fault of their own that they are on it and this government want to tax them and then give themselves a few pay rises. They really are out of touch

I was waiting for a punchline. :(

Ireland is not an island. 😀 the new one today is nothing can be done unless there is a precedent.😀

Floppybits wrote: »
    Ireland is not an island. 😀 the new one today is nothing can be done unless there is a precedent.😀

That'll be the excuse for the Greens, "Listen lads we'd some great policy, but as many of them where never done before we had to leave it".

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »

We're all in this together, and they're working really hard to get life back to normality.
    I wish this never happened, but this is a world wide pandemic and without their professionalism we could be worse off.
    I remember being laid off and the thought's of waiting 6 week's for unemployment assistance petrified me.
    I had no savings, but the speed and agility of our government made sure that I wasn't left hungry cold or in the dark.
    And we all had the opportunity to save money and stall our mortgages and that helped me to save money for the rainy day.
    All I bought besides food was some garden tools and a fishing rod,few t-shirts for the summer and a clippers to cut my hair with.
    I had clothes to get me through the winter.

Any savings I have will be there if I need to pay back taxes.
    I have a pair of wolfhounds they are expensive enough to look after too, and a car to run within the 5k I have everything, shopping local is better than going to the town's and cities.
    More expensive shopping local but I am complying with the suggested guideline's, staying at home and doing what we all should be doing until this virus/disease is flattened.

I'm well chuffed with the Greens, Eamon Ryan is really getting into being a great influence on the other parties and he's playing a blinder.
    He has surprised me to be honest, and I'm sure he's going to come up with more great ideas about biodiversity conservation and sustainability.

I'm all for this government, they are keeping the show on the road and I see nothing wrong with them.

I'm all for this government, they are keeping the show on the road and I see nothing wrong with them.

You should Google Golfgate, covid cluster in meat plant allowed remain open, Varadkar quotes Mean Girls, the strop with NPHET and all the top ministers contradicting each other.
    Oh and Ireland having the worst infection rate in the world at one point. Thats the whole world now.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darem93

We're all in this together, and they're working really hard to get life back to normality.
    I wish this never happened, but this is a world wide pandemic and without their professionalism we could be worse off.
    I remember being laid off and the thought's of waiting 6 week's for unemployment assistance petrified me.
    I had no savings, but the speed and agility of our government made sure that I wasn't left hungry cold or in the dark.
    And we all had the opportunity to save money and stall our mortgages and that helped me to save money for the rainy day.
    All I bought besides food was some garden tools and a fishing rod,few t-shirts for the summer and a clippers to cut my hair with.
    I had clothes to get me through the winter.

Any savings I have will be there if I need to pay back taxes.
    I have a pair of wolfhounds they are expensive enough to look after too, and a car to run within the 5k I have everything, shopping local is better than going to the town's and cities.
    More expensive shopping local but I am complying with the suggested guideline's, staying at home and doing what we all should be doing until this virus/disease is flattened.

I'm well chuffed with the Greens, Eamon Ryan is really getting into being a great influence on the other parties and he's playing a blinder.
    He has surprised me to be honest, and I'm sure he's going to come up with more great ideas about biodiversity conservation and sustainability.

April Fools isn't for a few weeks yet I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Which party?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Which party?

The Bots

You should Google Golfgate, covid cluster in meat plant allowed remain open, Varadkar quotes Mean Girls, the strop with NPHET and all the top ministers contradicting each other.
    Oh and Ireland having the worst infection rate in the world at one point. Thats the whole world now.

Is that all? Seriously, Varadkar quoting Mean Girls is an example of Ireland messing up Covid?

You need to wake up and smell the coffee. Our death rate is 50% lower than the North's, as is our case rate, ditto the rest of the UK. Even with Brexit getting the North more vaccines, they are still worse off than us.

But hey, look at France, Spain or Italy. They are all worse off than us too.

One meat plant remained open for a couple of days, Varadkar once quoted Mean Girls, One event took place as the regulations were changing, we had the worst infection rates for about two days (not death rates, not even for a week) and this is all you have for a year of the government handling a brand new pandemic??

If you won the Euromillions tonight, you would have complained that it wasn't €300m.

we also had highest infection rate in the world at one point.....an outstanding endorsement of ffg "living with covid" policy

Are you one of the last holdouts for a Zero Covid policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

Folks, for those of you not realising, the above is tongue in cheek. The above are indeed about as far as one can go to quibble with both government's management of the pandemic, and the point is, that it has been very good indeed by any rational international comparison. When the miscues are quoting Mean Girls and a few lads playing a round of golf, then Ireland has truly been well managed.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Is that all? Seriously, Varadkar quoting Mean Girls is an example of Ireland messing up Covid?

You need to wake up and smell the coffee. Our death rate is 50% lower than the North's, as is our case rate, ditto the rest of the UK. Even with Brexit getting the North more vaccines, they are still worse off than us.

But hey, look at France, Spain or Italy. They are all worse off than us too.

One meat plant remained open for a couple of days, Varadkar once quoted Mean Girls, One event took place as the regulations were changing, we had the worst infection rates for about two days (not death rates, not even for a week) and this is all you have for a year of the government handling a brand new pandemic??

If you won the Euromillions tonight, you would have complained that it wasn't €300m.

Saying more people died up north does not excuse whats happening in the Republic of Ireland.

You and I both know more than one meat plant stayed open

We have no plan, see what happens in April, is that it?

• Advertisement

We're all human and mistakes are made, NPHET are amazing and they showed Leo the way, he could have been having a few bad day's, maybe tired or burnt out.
    That's to be expected, nobody's perfect.

Golf gate was poorly organised and whomever was in charge of communication was caught off guard, and I'd say if they all knew that there was a lockdown nobody would have turned up.
    I'm interested in historical sites and if I was going on a tour I'd have my lunch packed the night before, and phone on silent so I'd be up early the following morning and off out the door, I'd probably check my phone when I get to the destination.
    Sure most of my friends are like that, early night phone silent and I'll wake up the same time every morning.
    Golf gate was a mistake and it's in the past now,

We may have had the worst cases of covid in the world, but look how well the HSE and NEPHT dealt with the crisis and since then we're almost flattening the curve.
    You see it's very easy to blame the government for everything, but the government are not responsible for people's thoughts and actions, they never claimed to control everything.
    We're given guidelines, it's up to the people to adhere to the suggestions.
    I have been isolated myself and very careful with my movements,even when I'm out fishing when I touch a wall or something I don't touch my face afterwards, washing my hands a lot and using sanitation that's freely available.
    I wear glasses too, and have a mask on when in public.

As for the meat plant fiasco it's the health and safety issue in the factory.

As for the mean girls quote,we can all come up with quotes that sound similar to others quotes, that was a coincidence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement