Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

iagreebut wrote: »
    We're all human and mistakes are made, NPHET are amazing and they showed Leo the way, he could have been having a few bad day's, maybe tired or burnt out.
    That's to be expected, nobody's perfect.

Golf gate was poorly organised and whomever was in charge of communication was caught off guard, and I'd say if they all knew that there was a lockdown nobody would have turned up.
    I'm interested in historical sites and if I was going on a tour I'd have my lunch packed the night before, and phone on silent so I'd be up early the following morning and off out the door, I'd probably check my phone when I get to the destination.
    Sure most of my friends are like that, early night phone silent and I'll wake up the same time every morning.
    Golf gate was a mistake and it's in the past now,

We may have had the worst cases of covid in the world, but look how well the HSE and NEPHT dealt with the crisis and since then we're almost flattening the curve.
    You see it's very easy to blame the government for everything, but the government are not responsible for people's thoughts and actions, they never claimed to control everything.
    We're given guidelines, it's up to the people to adhere to the suggestions.
    I have been isolated myself and very careful with my movements,even when I'm out fishing when I touch a wall or something I don't touch my face afterwards, washing my hands a lot and using sanitation that's freely available.
    I wear glasses too, and have a mask on when in public.

As for the meat plant fiasco it's the health and safety issue in the factory.

As for the mean girls quote,we can all come up with quotes that sound similar to others quotes, that was a coincidence.

Jesus going by your posts, the chancers have been sent out to bat

Are you defending the Govt or Leo here?

What nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

What nonsense

I reckon it's a third-rate PaddyGreen tribute act

In the Coronavirus Forum, on the when will it end thread you stated today

"No I'm serious, were in a serious situation here.

It's no laughing matter, I'm all for lockdown until we're at zero covid"

Leo disagrees

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

We're all human and mistakes are made, NPHET are amazing and they showed Leo the way, he could have been having a few bad day's, maybe tired or burnt out.

Golf gate was poorly organised and whomever was in charge of communication was caught off guard, and I'd say if they all knew that there was a lockdown nobody would have turned up.
    I'm interested in historical sites and if I was going on a tour I'd have my lunch packed the night before, and phone on silent so I'd be up early the following morning and off out the door, I'd probably check my phone when I get to the destination.
    Sure most of my friends are like that, early night phone silent and I'll wake up the same time every morning.

We may have had the worst cases of covid in the world, but look how well the HSE and NEPHT dealt with the crisis and since then we're almost flattening the curve.
    You see it's very easy to blame the government for everything, but the government are not responsible for people's thoughts and actions, they never claimed to control everything.
    I have been isolated myself and very careful with my movements,even when I'm out fishing when I touch a wall or something I don't touch my face afterwards, washing my hands a lot and using sanitation that's freely available.

As for the mean girls quote,we can all come up with quotes that sound similar to others quotes, that was a coincidence.

Rape of Lucretia, dealz style.

Brilliant.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

What nonsense

I'm suggesting that we hold out until we're givin the green light, and like I've said before the Government and Leo are trying their best.
    Dammed if they do and dammed if they don't.

I wish none of this never happened, I thought that covid was a farse and started to believe the conspirators etc.

But RTE opened my eyes, and I think they're doing a great job for the good and all.

I wish I could drive around the country,the fishing season is open soon, I should be in Listowel fishing for salmon or in Killarney fishing for trout in the Laune.
    I'd love to be on Inch beach with the boyfriend and taking in the evening mist in my nostrils, that salty air and holding my partner's hand and spending the night together

But I can't until this is all sorted out.

And it won't be like it was before, we're heading to a new normal.

I wish the beaches were full, road's busy like before, people staying in hotels etc, but these places are prone to disease and viruses.

We can no longer have gatherings until we stamp our the virus.
    All it takes is one.. and we're back to stage one again.

Zero covid is the only thing.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    Are you one of the last holdouts for a Zero Covid policy?

No.

I'm suggesting that we hold out until we're givin the green light, and like I've said before the Government and Leo are trying their best.
    Dammed if they do and dammed if they don't.

I wish none of this never happened, I thought that covid was a farse and started to believe the conspirators etc.

But RTE opened my eyes, and I think they're doing a great job for the good and all.

I wish I could drive around the country,the fishing season is open soon, I should be in Listowel fishing for salmon or in Killarney fishing for trout in the Laune.
    I'd love to be on Inch beach with the boyfriend and taking in the evening mist in my nostrils, that salty air and holding my partner's hand and spending the night together

But I can't until this is all sorted out.

And it won't be like it was before, we're heading to a new normal.

I wish the beaches were full, road's busy like before, people staying in hotels etc, but these places are prone to disease and viruses.

We can no longer have gatherings until we stamp our the virus.
    All it takes is one.. and we're back to stage one again.

You can still fly into Ireland and be asked to please stay at home even if you don't have a home for 14 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Is that all? Seriously, Varadkar quoting Mean Girls is an example of Ireland messing up Covid?

You need to wake up and smell the coffee. Our death rate is 50% lower than the North's, as is our case rate, ditto the rest of the UK. Even with Brexit getting the North more vaccines, they are still worse off than us.

But hey, look at France, Spain or Italy. They are all worse off than us too.

One meat plant remained open for a couple of days, Varadkar once quoted Mean Girls, One event took place as the regulations were changing, we had the worst infection rates for about two days (not death rates, not even for a week) and this is all you have for a year of the government handling a brand new pandemic??

If you won the Euromillions tonight, you would have complained that it wasn't €300m.

This is why you think Arsenal will win the league? Only kidding. I was trying to out do you.

I pointed out the various balls ups and attitude of them.
    You are free to try make excuses for them.

Any one of the things I listed would be enough to shame a government, a normal government, not that we are use to such things.

We can always excuse away anything.
    I'll just say the mean Girls thing wasn't a coincidence. He did it for a bet. It was disrespectful.
    I can only guess you don't follow these things in any way which might explain things.

Are you one of the last holdouts for a Zero Covid policy?

This one is of intetest.
    The first time I heard of zero covid was people like yourself accusing people of expecting zero covid.
    Tbf, we've been learning as we go. Harris thought we'd 18 other covids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

This one is of intetest.
    The first time I heard of zero covid was people like yourself accusing people of expecting zero covid.

Are we on covid 19.1 or covid 20 now after the Taoiseach announcing that these varients are like a new virus?

So limping along in level 5 until April is our clearly thought out plan going forward!

McMurphy wrote: »
    Out of their own pockets like?

Also, these people haven't lost their jobs, they're furloughed, some arguably due to govt incompetence.

It has to be paid back too
    Floppybits wrote: »
    Taxing the people of the PUP is a disgrace. It is through no fault of their own that they are on it and this government want to tax them and then give themselves a few pay rises. They really are out of touch

What has to be paid back? By whom?

Re taxing PUP. That was announced from the start, that depending on ones tax free allowance that recipients may have an income tax liability.

You can still fly into Ireland and be asked to please stay at home even if you don't have a home for 14 days

Try getting on a Ryanair flight to Dublin without a valid PCR test! People have been turned back at the gate for their test being a few hours out of date!

What has to be paid back? By whom?

Maryanne, when the govt pay a Pandemic unemployment payment (pup) to the recipient, it comes from where?

And who or how is it replaced?

Are people going to harp on about magic money trees, and now tell me FFG have an orchard full of them after all?

McMurphy wrote: »
    Maryanne, when the govt pay a Pandemic unemployment payment (pup) to the recipient, it comes from where?

And who or how is it replaced?

Are people going to harp on about magic money trees, and now tell me FFG have an orchard full of them after all?

Thanks, Macca. You’ve really shown your true colours. So, PUP recipients do NOT have to pay the money back, contrary to your earlier claim. Try sticking to facts. Great interview by An Tanaiste this morning on Morning Ireland. Very positive.

Thanks, Macca. You’ve really shown your true colours. So, PUP recipients do NOT have to pay the money back, contrary to your earlier claim. Try sticking to facts. Great interview by An Tanaiste this morning on Morning Ireland. Very positive.

Is this how you'd like to start your Wednesday morning? Really?

Are you suggesting the govt have a big silo full of pup payment cash that can be distributed to the hundreds of thousands of people that need it, and it's not going to have to be replaced Maryanne? Free money the govt harvested from trees or trawlers netted in the ocean?

And as for this......
    So, PUP recipients do NOT have to pay the money back
    . Quote me where I said that: confused: like you did the other morning when you tried to deliberately misrepresent me ref Covid and foreign travel.

It's actually easier to argue with something i didn't say rather than the stuff you think I said I suppose.

Seriously, you can do better than that.

Try getting on a Ryanair flight to Dublin without a valid PCR test! People have been turned back at the gate for their test being a few hours out of date!

Amy links to prove this?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

Any so do one of the posters on this thread.

Apparently they gained their experience during the other 18 Covids.

:D

Today the day after the Govt telling us our living with covid plan is to wait and see what happens in April, they will now try to stop the poor mothers and children's from the mother and baby homes getting any answers

• Advertisement

atticu wrote: »
    Any so do one of the posters on this thread.

Apparently they gained their experience during the other 18 Covids.

:D

**Whoosh**

That's the joke atticu. Well done on missing it.

Simon Harris sorry for ‘awful boo-boo’ about 18 viruses before Covid-19
    “Remember this is coronavirus Covid-19 - that means there have been 18 other coronaviruses and I don’t think they have actually successfully found a vaccine for any,” he said in the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Amy links to prove this?

Around 140 people managed to get on a flight/ferry and arrive in ROI between 16th and 24th Jan without a valid test.

https://www.thejournal.ie/pcr-breaches-dublin-airport-5336416-Jan2021/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Pat Kenny nailing this govts plan/non plan this morning.
    'It took this govt 5 months to get the benefit of wearing masks. The lethargy of this govt, quarantine still not in place'.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darem93

We cant have a quarantine....cos durr,of iceland and isle of man tourists

Jesus wept,always some excuse
    And don't forget "civil liberties!!!", all while the entire population is locked up in their homes and fined €100 for driving down the road just to clear their heads.

Amy links to prove this?

Close friend saw it with his own eyes last week. 2 people not allowed fly due to test being a few hours out of date. He said the craic was mighty with the 2 Ryanair girls refusing to budge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Close friend saw it with his own eyes last week. 2 people not allowed fly due to test being a few hours out of date. He said the craic was mighty with the 2 Ryanair girls refusing to budge.

That's your proof? Hearsay. If that came from some who didn't support the government you would be all over saying were is the proof, social media is not proof and hearing it from mates is not proof.

Not letting people out without a test, but letting them in

Chaos the Govt of chaos

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/gardai-hit-tourists-fines-after-23556021

No hotel Quarantine, let them in and fine them €100

That will stop the spread

Not letting people out without a test, but letting them in

Chaos the Govt of chaos

My friend didn’t have to have a PCR test to travel to the Uk, nor did he have to quarantine or isolate when he got there! However he did have to have the test within 72 hours of his flight and quarantine on his return. He also had to have a further test 5 days after his return because he’d been to the Uk. I’m not sure if this has changed in the last month.

• Advertisement

My friend didn’t have to have a PCR test to travel to the Uk, nor did he have to quarantine or isolate when he got there! However he did have to have the test within 72 hours of his flight and quarantine on his return. He also had to have a further test 5 days after his return because he’d been to the Uk. I’m not sure if this has changed in the last month.

This is the Republic of Ireland. You said people were not allowed on flights with no tests, but your friend went without a test?
    Just like the Govt you are all over the place

Tourists are coming into Ireland no tests and going about their trip as they please. The only deterrent to them is a €100 fine if caught (tourists will go home and fine will never be paid in most instances)

You not disgusted at your friend not having personal responsibility to not fly and help stop the spread or are you not using that one anymore?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement