Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Nobotty wrote: »
    Have you any idea how ridiculous that statement is? Do you think those who sadly died and were counted in todays figures weren't very ill with it 2 weeks ago aswell?
    I buried an old friend yesterday who is probably in todays 13 count and I can tell you that my local areas spike in covid was caused by 2 GAA parties in 2 local pubs
    They couldn't care less

This seems to be happening a lot all over the country where GAA clubs have played in county finals. Hard to believe that in some cases they were passing the cup around to drink out of and people were queuing up to have there sup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭mattser

Have you any idea how ridiculous that statement is? Do you think those who sadly died and were counted in todays figures weren't very ill with it 2 weeks ago aswell?
    I buried an old friend yesterday who is probably in todays 13 count and I can tell you that my local areas spike in covid was caused by 2 GAA parties in 2 local pubs
    They couldn't care less
    The virus got in linked to that
    Nothing whatsoever to do with any government, North or South Sinn Féin or Fine Gael
    Everything to do with people not giving a sh1t
    Please be careful in what you say,because misleading statements like that don't help
    Oh and if Tat wants to tackle smurgen's tit and continue this angle please DON'T
    Thanks ,have a little respect and restraint.

Hear, hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

All gone from the scene Francie, the military funeralers are still in place.

See hiding behind Garda Horkan's funeral instead of discussing issues raised about government in a government thread is odd. It would be like hiding behind SF or PBP anytime FF/FG are duly criticised.
    What FF/FG say or do can be discussed without 'but Gino!' surely? Telling how the go to is always 'look over there'.
    What if people have no party affiliation and have issue with the shenanigans of government? Do FF/FG intend to win hearts and minds by ignoring and deflecting? Will the next election be fought so arrogantly? Must be very annoying for the average punter. Maybe thats why FG performed so poorly, ignoring key issues to say 'but look over there!'.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

smurgen wrote: »
    13 more deaths. Costly government for the people.

Disgraceful comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

Disgraceful comment.

The comment is an opinion.
    And, my opinion is that the government is a bunch of mis-fits who have no real experience or qualifications to manage a country with a virus or even in normal circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Scoondal wrote: »
    The comment is an opinion.
    And, my opinion is that the government is a bunch of mis-fits who have no real experience or qualifications to manage a country with a virus or even in normal circumstances.

And your alternative proposal is?

Boyd Barrett on Primetime now. Really what is the point of this self serving twit. Could RTE get no-one else, Twink? Podge and Rog? Daniel O'Donnell?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Truthvader wrote: »
    And your alternative proposal is?

A proper government that can govern. People fawning all over college drop outs at the bequest of client journalists. Your acceptance of mediocrity is part of the problem.some of us have said enough is enough.

A proper government that can govern. People fawning all over college drop outs at the bequest of client journalists. Your acceptance of mediocrity is part of the problem.some of us have said enough is enough.

Eh.....right. And your alternative proposal is???

They couldn't care less
    The virus got in linked to that
    Nothing whatsoever to do with any government, North or South Sinn Féin or Fine Gael
    Everything to do with people not giving a sh1t
    Please be careful in what you say,because misleading statements like that don't help
    Oh and if Tat wants to tackle smurgen's tit and continue this angle please DON'T
    Thanks ,have a little respect and restraint.

Crocodile tears. You're accepted a dangerous government that has divided people and now we are divided. FG and their sycophants on the airwaves like Ciara Kelly chipped away at the confidence in experts and undermined the message to the people. People not following rules was an invitable consequence.

• Advertisement

Eh.....right. And your alternative proposal is???

Anyone but the current FFG set up. If any other party was in power there'd be the FFG fanboys morning noon and night moaning away. In fact they're in power and yer still in here moaning.

Crocodile tears. You're accepted a dangerous government that has divided people and now we are divided. FG and their sycophants on the airwaves like Ciara Kelly chipped away at the confidence in experts and undermined the message to the people. People not following rules was an invitable consequence.

God this is sad angry useless stuff. There are no fun easy answers to a global pandemic

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

God this is sad angry useless stuff. There are no fun easy answers to a global pandemic

Do you believe that government policy can lead to unnecessary death and suffering Truth btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

So far as I know SF haven't ruined our economy yet at all, unless you count the cost of their terrorist past.
    The current budget is mostly welcomed because of the virus and the supports it delivers to alleviate the economy.
    Tough times we are in.
    I doubt we will see the likes repeated again for years and hope we never need to.
    I take your point ré the opposition and agree, but the reality is that without SF being part of the next govt, and they are the major opposition party, the others would just be bit players to FG and or FF again.
    The only one of them that stands a chance of governing on an equal footing is SF, and that doesn't inspire much confidence in me anyway.

It was FF that ruined the economy but FG post 2011 helped them grow the national debt to unsustainable levels which will hamper us very soon. The 'not another red cent' and 'Frankfurt/Labours way' rhetoric was quickly abandoned in favour of FF initiated policy....but I digress.

The problem is that the fear of SF makes people accept the mediocre (to put it mildly!) government that FG and FF have served up for the last few decades. It's one of the reasons that the HSE was not set up correctly and has never been reformed - those mistakes will haunt us this winter. I worked in the HSE for several years in the early 2000s and the waste was simply astounding. Criminal waste, I could tell you stories.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Anyone but the current FFG set up. If any other party was in power there'd be the FFG fanboys morning noon and night moaning away. In fact they're in power and yer still in here moaning.

And we will have one more go. What alternative government do you want. Boyd Barrett? Sinn Fein? Ming Flanagan ?

Who said there was? What infrastructure was put in place during the last lockdown? If you're angry then great you should be. Maybe stop voting in moron's and rock the boat. These lads became some complacent over the decades. They're laughing at the public behind closed doors.

And we will have one more go. What alternative government do you want. Boyd Barrett? Sinn Fein? Ming Flanagan ?

Right now? Anyone. Anyone would be better. There's zero accountability.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

FF/FG/Green government are making up regulations with fines that the Gardai will not enforce. This is bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Scoondal wrote: »
    FF/FG/Green government are making up regulations with fines that the Gardai will not enforce. This is bizarre.

I talked to Gardaí during the previous lockdown. They said they were utterly wasting their time at checkpoints. You could tell them anything and they couldn't really validate it. For example all you have to say is that you are shopping for an elderly relative - they cannot and will not question you or tell you to turn around. They found it utterly pointless.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Do you believe that government policy can lead to unnecessary death and suffering Truth btw?

Yep. And I believe that the government called it wrong. Posted weeks ago that I thought they should have followed Nphet advice. I also accept that they are honest men doing their best to walk a thin line between economic meltdown and a health crisis. Dont expect them to get right but stupid comments from conspiracy theory nutjobs offers nothing

• Advertisement

Right now? Anyone. Anyone would be better. There's zero accountability.

Right so thanks for that contribution

Yep. And I believe that the government called it wrong. Posted weeks ago that I thought they should have followed Nphet advice. I also accept that they are honest men doing their best to walk a thin line between economic meltdown and a health crisis. Dont expect them to get right but stupid comments from conspiracy theory nutjobs offers nothing

So if the government called it wrong and people died as a result, why is your primary concern here shutting down people's anger?

So if the government called it wrong and people died as a result, why is your primary concern here shutting down people's anger?

Because I think that their anger is driven by either malice or stupidity. The government got it wrong in my opinion. They made a decision however with the benfit of state resourced expertise and I accept that they are trying to get it right. It's not as if the "fat Leo" headbangers were going to be happy regardless of outcome

Because I think that their anger is driven by either malice or stupidity. The government got it wrong in my opinion. They made a decision however with the benfit of state resourced expertise and I accept that they are trying to get it right. It's not as if the "fat Leo" headbangers were going to be happy regardless of outcome

And your unwillingness to criticise is driven by what exactly?

You have plenty of criticism to hand out to others, but you have yet to hold the government accountable for their actions. The most recent action being , ignoring NPHET advice and having to hurriedly accept it and try to catch up.

On the election flyers did we see "sure who else would ya vote for" or "the other side are worse?" Nope. It was Fine Gael captains of the universe. Created all the jobs, record this,that and everything else. We had have everything because Fine Gael gave it to as a society. Now the election is passed. There's hardship and it's our fault and not the government that things are not working out. Laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

I haven't accepted any government
    Frankly,Thats a disappointing reaction to what I said
    People flout guidelines because they are bad people who don't give a damn about the vulnerable
    The dangers of this virus are clear
    The dangers have nothing to do with government or parties and people drinking beer from championship cups aren't doing it to spite governments

You can play the silly obsession game with someone else like the equally obsessive usuals you interact with here OR you can be better than that by doing something more practical like arguing against bad things governments have caused instead of what they haven't
    This virus is not that something

On the election flyers did we see "sure who else would ya vote for" or "the other side are worse?" Nope. It was Fine Gael captains of the universe. Created all the jobs, record this,that and everything else. We had have everything because Fine Gael gave it to as a society. Now the election is passed. There's hardship and it's our fault and not the government that things are not working out. Laughable.

The virus is not government policy. Grow up

I haven't accepted any government
    Frankly,Thats a disappointing reaction to what I said
    People flout guidelines because they are bad people who don't give a damn about the vulnerable
    The dangers of this virus are clear
    The dangers have nothing to do with government or parties and people drinking beer from championship cups aren't doing it to spite governments

You can play the silly obsession game with someone else like the equally obsessive usuals you interact with here OR you can be better than that by doing something more practical like arguing against bad things governments have caused instead of what they haven't
    This virus is not that something

Someone else? You quoted me. Get over yourself.

• Advertisement

The virus is not government policy. Grow up

Failure to address it correctly is. Wake up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement