Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

And your unwillingness to criticise is driven by what exactly?

You have plenty of criticism to hand out to others, but you have yet to hold the government accountable for their actions. The most recent action being , ignoring NPHET advice and having to hurriedly accept it and try to catch up.

As pointed out above I think thevgovernment called it wrong. Any criticism I have handed out is for deliberate acts of criminal cruelty or self serving populist fantasy policies. Again deliberately misleading. When honest men are struggling with an unprecedented global crisis I accept they cannot call it right every time. Plus the delight and malice with which any setback is greeted by yourself and your fellow travellers reveals more about you and your real agenda than anything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

You have plenty of criticism to hand out to others, but you have yet to hold the government accountable for their actions. The most recent action being , ignoring NPHET advice and having to hurriedly accept it and try to catch up.

Heres the problem I have with that Francie and I've said it before
    No party accepted Nphets advice the last time on its own except pbp
    Every other party knows its more complicated than advice focused solely on one dangerous disease
    No party should
    What they should be doing is be sure they act with knowledge of how whats decided might affect everything
    No party will get that right IMO and unfortunately will make mistakes
    We see it everywhere and little old Ireland is no exception

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Truthvader wrote: »
    As pointed out above I think thevgovernment called it wrong. Any criticism I have handed out is for deliberate acts of criminal cruelty or self serving populist fantasy policies. Again deliberately misleading. When honest men are struggling with an unprecedented global crisis I accept they cannot call it right every time. Plus the delight and malice with which any setback is greeted by yourself and your fellow travellers reveals more about you and your real agenda than anything else

So no criticism of note, just a touching affirmation that they are all 'honest men' (clearly the women had nothing to do with it).

So can you explain what these 'honest men' were doing for 8 months that has led to the breaking story (one of many stories of inaction actually) tomorrow.
    (https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/covid-19-backlog-forces-hse-to-skip-calls-to-thousands-of-close-contacts-1.4386512#.X49Q5DblCAU.twitter)

'Honest men' or incompetent men and women?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Boyd Barrett on Primetime now. Really what is the point of this self serving twit. Could RTE get no-one else, Twink? Podge and Rog? Daniel O'Donnell?

They should have put Dustin the Turkey up to interview him, at least we would have got some laughs.

smurgen wrote: »
    Someone else? You quoted me. Get over yourself.

I commented on 2 posts you made
    In both cases explaining my profound disagreement with what you were saying
    You're saying day and I'm saying night
    Its total disagreement
    You can take whatever position you want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

blanch152 wrote: »
    They should have put Dustin the Turkey up to interview him, at least we would have got some laughs.

Or your lad Eamon Ryan. Might have been asleep at the mind.

A proper government that can govern. People fawning all over college drop outs at the bequest of client journalists. Your acceptance of mediocrity is part of the problem.some of us have said enough is enough.

I know, it is terrible the way that everyone listens to Pearse.

blanch152 wrote: »
    I know, it is terrible the way that everyone listens to Pearse.

He has a third level certificate? What's the minister for higher educations?

If only they built up defences last lockdown.

https://twitter.com/RTE_PrimeTime/status/1318670698903179265?s=19

https://www.thejournal.ie/sinn-feins-doherty-forced-to-clarify-job-qualifications-78067-Feb2011/

He even admitted to being a college drop-out.

You live in a glasshouse with smashed windows.

• Advertisement

So no criticism of note, just a touching affirmation that they are all 'honest men' (clearly the women had nothing to do with it).

So can you explain what these 'honest men' were doing for 8 months that has led to the breaking story (one of many stories of inaction actually) tomorrow.
    (https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/covid-19-backlog-forces-hse-to-skip-calls-to-thousands-of-close-contacts-1.4386512#.X49Q5DblCAU.twitter)

'Honest men' or incompetent men and women?

Yeah your right. Fat Leo! Put Angus OSnodaigh and Mary Lou in charge and covid will be over by next Weekend

Yeah your right. Fat Leo! Put Angus OSnodaigh and Mary Lou in charge and covid will be over by next Weekend

QED.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

A case for increased education on birth control

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

I talked to Gardaí during the previous lockdown. They said they were utterly wasting their time at checkpoints. You could tell them anything and they couldn't really validate it. For example all you have to say is that you are shopping for an elderly relative - they cannot and will not question you or tell you to turn around. They found it utterly pointless.

This time will be the same. Spin a yarn. Will they want proof ? The Gardai are saying it's not workable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

It looks like the contact tracing system has buckled under rising numbers. It was probably a major factor for the Level 5 decision.
    What were the coalition of chaos doing for the whole summer? I think you'll hear a lot more of this over the coming days.

https://www.thejournal.ie/hse-forced-to-ask-people-to-alert-their-own-close-contacts-due-to-unprecedented-pressure-5239665-Oct2020/
    HSE forced to ask people to alert their own close contacts due to 'unprecedented pressure'
    The HSE decided not to contact infected people from Friday, Saturday and Sunday over fears it would lead to significant delays in contact tracing.

THE HSE IS to ask more than 2,000 people who received a positive Covid-19 test result last week to alert their own close contacts due to “unprecedented pressure” on Ireland’s contact tracing system.

No words.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

It looks like the contact tracing system has buckled under rising numbers. It was probably a major factor for the Level 5 decision.
    What were the coalition of chaos doing for the whole summer? I think you'll hear a lot more of this over the coming days.

https://www.thejournal.ie/hse-forced-to-ask-people-to-alert-their-own-close-contacts-due-to-unprecedented-pressure-5239665-Oct2020/

No words.

This is what annoys me so much about this lockdown. The period between the last lockdown and this one has been wasted, they should have been using that time to put in a proper track and trace system after learning the lessons of the first lockdown. We simply cannot keep going in and out of lockdown all because the DOH and HSE cannot put in proper processes to deal with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

No words.

Load of bull, a chara, of course it shouldn’t have happened, but folk here seem to think that it’s easy to predict these things

Never forget it’s ourselves who are responsible for this sudden rise, we can’t expect the HSE to keep in solid lockstep with us if we go buck-leppin around the place.

A lot of folk around here seem to have a very flimsy idea how these things operate and work .

Let’s all try to have a small bit of sense for once......and try to understand the processes involved.

Load of bull, a chara, of course it shouldn’t have happened, but folk here seem to think that it’s easy to predict these things

Never forget it’s ourselves who are responsible for this sudden rise, we can’t expect the HSE to keep in solid lockstep with us if we go buck-leppin around the place.

A lot of folk around here seem to have a very flimsy idea how these things operate and work .

Let’s all try to have a small bit of sense for once......and try to understand the processes involved.

Ah stop. Nobody expected a 2nd wave in the HSE during the winter? I think you must feel a little bit ashamed when you post stuff like above out of pure blind loyalty.
    Let's see how this story plays out today. This is only October.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Ah stop. Nobody expected a 2nd wave in the HSE during the winter? I think you must feel a little but ashamed when you post stuff like above out of pure blind loyalty.
    Let's see how this story plays out today. This is only October.

Just using common sense,a chara.

I’m much more concerned about fixing things than poring over old news that’s not going to change .

There is no “blind loyalty” as you call it, just pragmatic sense and positivity and common sense not to be poring over rubbish that now can’t be changed, much more interested in going forward and not wasting my time.

You should try it sometime, sahib.

I’m much more concerned about fixing things than poring over old news that’s not going to change .

There is no “blind loyalty” as you call it, just pragmatic sense and positivity and common sense not to be poring over rubbish that now can’t be changed, much more interested in going forward and not wasting my time.

A teacher once told us to be careful walking while looking back. You’d never know what you’d walk into or fall over. Wise words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Don't be such a bitter balls Brenner, sure you can't go more than a half dozen posts without trying to shoehorn in a reference to something about the shinners from years or months ago, GAA celebrations in Tyrone etc etc.

Whether one has any connection to the other is seemingly irrelevant.

Get up the yard with that scutter - not going to let it slip under the radar and pretend you're an impartial but observant commentator horse, you won't get that one past R.P horse. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Absolute disgrace that this government is trying to block people getting access to these records for 30 years - what are they trying to hide.

A list of senators who voted to seal the mother and baby home records:

Ahearn, Garret. FG
    Burke, Paddy. FG
    Buttimer, Jerry. FG
    Byrne, Malcolm. FF
    Carrigy, Micheál. FG
    Casey, Pat. FF
    Cassells, Shane. FF
    Conway, Martin. FG
    Crowe, Ollie. FF
    Currie, Emer. FG
    Daly, Paul. FF
    Doherty, Regina. FG
    Dolan, Aisling. FG
    Dooley, Timmy. FF
    Fitzpatrick, Mary. FF
    Gallagher, Robbie. FF
    Garvey, Róisín. GP
    Hackett, Pippa. GP
    Kyne, Seán. FG
    Lombard, Tim. FG
    Martin, Vincent P. GP
    McGahon, John. FG
    McGreehan, Erin. FF
    Murphy, Eugene. FF
    O'Loughlin, Fiona. FF
    O'Reilly, Joe. FG
    O'Reilly, Pauline. GP
    Seery Kearney, Mary. FG
    Ward, Barry. FF
    Wilson, Diarmuid. FG

Scoondal wrote: »
    This time will be the same. Spin a yarn. Will they want proof ? The Gardai are saying it's not workable.

I was taking somebody for a test yesterday and was stopped at a checkpoint. About 25 - 30 cars stopped...every single one of them wasdetained for the same length as I was - I rolled down the window - 'Hi, taking this person for a test' - had appointment time details ready on my phone - Guard never so mucch as glanced at phone, - 'OK, go ahead'.
    As I said, nobody in the queue was detained or asked any detail.

Absolutely pointless and toothless.

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Absolute disgrace that this government is trying to block people getting access to these records for 30 years - what are they trying to hide.

A list of senators who voted to seal the mother and baby home records:

Ahearn, Garret. FG
    Burke, Paddy. FG
    Buttimer, Jerry. FG
    Byrne, Malcolm. FF
    Carrigy, Micheál. FG
    Casey, Pat. FF
    Cassells, Shane. FF
    Conway, Martin. FG
    Crowe, Ollie. FF
    Currie, Emer. FG
    Daly, Paul. FF
    Doherty, Regina. FG
    Dolan, Aisling. FG
    Dooley, Timmy. FF
    Fitzpatrick, Mary. FF
    Gallagher, Robbie. FF
    Garvey, Róisín. GP
    Hackett, Pippa. GP
    Kyne, Seán. FG
    Lombard, Tim. FG
    Martin, Vincent P. GP
    McGahon, John. FG
    McGreehan, Erin. FF
    Murphy, Eugene. FF
    O'Loughlin, Fiona. FF
    O'Reilly, Joe. FG
    O'Reilly, Pauline. GP
    Seery Kearney, Mary. FG
    Ward, Barry. FF
    Wilson, Diarmuid. FG

I listened to that poor woman on Newstalk this morning who was flown from London by a priest to Bessborough mother and baby home. Her son was taken from her after a few weeks and she has been looking for him for 47 years. The twisted bastards wont release the records.

I listened to that poor woman on Newstalk this morning who was flown from London by a priest to Bessborough mother and baby home. Her son was taken from her after a few weeks and she has been looking for him for 47 years. The twisted bastards wont release the records.

It's an absolute disgrace what's being done. A lady like that will never get to meet her son because this government is denying her the right to access her own records.

grayzer75 wrote: »
    It's an absolute disgrace what's being done. A lady like that will never get to meet her son because this government is denying her the right to access her own records.

Get your friends and family to email the minister and related TDs. It does help.

The lady on Newstalk is so afraid of dying before she sees her son again. Tragic.

Isn't Bessborough in the North though
    How can that be covered by laws in the southern Parliament?

Get your friends and family to email the minister and related TDs. It does help.

The lady on Newstalk is so afraid of dying before she sees her son again. Tragic.

It's obvious that the scale of this is so big that this government want that generation out of the way before revealing the horrendous truth of what happened. Absolutely disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I was taking somebody for a test yesterday and was stopped at a checkpoint. About 25 - 30 cars stopped...every single one of them wasdetained for the same length as I was - I rolled down the window - 'Hi, taking this person for a test' - had appointment time details ready on my phone - Guard never so mucch as glanced at phone, - 'OK, go ahead'.

I was stopped twice yesterday, and not once asked where I was coming from, nor going to, nor the nature of my travel, whether or not it was essential.

I was asked in both counties Offaly and Laois though whether I had a test booked for the DOE (I drive a commercial SUV for work) disc that had expired in Sept. (Test booked for this coming Friday morning)

• Advertisement

I know. Must be particularly disappointing for you being such a fan of the Guards. Anyway with a bit of luck you might be detained overnight and questioned the next time. You can then post about what a great job the Guards are doing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement