Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

grayzer75 wrote: »
    It's obvious that the scale of this is so big that this government want that generation out of the way before revealing the horrendous truth of what happened. Absolutely disgraceful.

It’s important to remember the time most of these babies were born in. Not all pregnant mothers were forced into these horrendous places. Many went of their own accord without their families knowing anything.

Tracing adopted children or birth parents is a fairly modern thing. Not every ones to trace their birth families. Often those who do are left bitterly disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Truthvader wrote: »
    I know. Must be particularly disappointing for you being such a fan of the Guards. Anyway with a bit of luck you might be detained overnight and questioned the next time. You can then post about what a great job the Guards are doing

WTF is that post about?

McMurphy wrote: »
    I was stopped twice yesterday, and not once asked where I was coming from, nor going to, nor the nature of my travel, whether or not it was essential.

I was asked in both counties Offaly and Laois though whether I had a test booked for the DOE (I drive a commercial SUV for work) disc that had expired in Sept. (Test booked for this coming Friday morning)

It seems to me to be just an excercise in visibility...be seen to be doing something, but actually you are doing nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

It seems to me to be just an excercise in visibility...be seen to be doing something, but actually you are doing nothing.

Do not throw stones at this sign kind of thing?

Seemed a bit pointless to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

It’s important to remember the time most of these babies were born in. Not all pregnant mothers were forced into these horrendous places. Many went of their own accord without their families knowing anything.

Tracing adopted children or birth parents is a fairly modern thing. Not every ones to trace their birth families. Often those who do are left bitterly disappointed.

Yes Maryanne, never look back I think your teacher said. Wise. Don't learn from past mistakes.

They are compounding the misery by not letting mothers contact their children who were forcibly adopted. Simple as that.

You should listen to that lady on Newstalk this morning (8:30am ish). The pain in her voice.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

It's obvious that the scale of this is so big that this government want that generation out of the way before revealing the horrendous truth of what happened. Absolutely disgraceful.

Its also because those parties are up to their neck in it as well. They facilitated the church to carry out this. It is shocking what FF and FG facilitated in this state with the church, any decent right minded person should be ashamed to have anything to do with these parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Really? Tell that to my mothers aunt who had her child forcibly removed from her before she was sent of to England - she never recovered from her ordeal. My wifes granny was adopted and tried for years to find her natural mother but was blocked at every turn by the authorities.

This and previous governments of the same two parties have been involved in a shameful betrayal of mothers and babies they should have cared for and shown some compassion towards but instead they have stuck two fingers up and told them they are getting nothing.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Its also because those parties are up to their neck in it as well. They facilitated the church to carry out this. It is shocking what FF and FG facilitated in this state with the church, any decent right minded person should be ashamed to have anything to do with these parties.

Absolutely this. FG and FF stood by and allowed all of this.

Chickens coming home to roost and they'll of course protect themselves first, people will not matter.

I cannot believe you are condoning this, that is absolutely shocking. Yet you will be on here most days lambasting SF for what happened in the North yet here you are making excuses for the FF and FG assisting the church in this disgusting behavior. You should be ashamed of yourself. Absolutely disgusting.

Really? Tell that to my mothers aunt who had her child forcibly removed from her before she was sent of to England - she never recovered from her ordeal. My wifes granny was adopted and tried for years to find her natural mother but was blocked at every turn by the authorities.

This and previous governments of the same two parties have been involved in a shameful betrayal of mothers and babies they should have cared for and shown some compassion towards but instead they have stuck two fingers up and told them they are getting nothing.

I know I shouldn't be but I am shocked that someone has tried to defend this. I despair, yet the same people who will defend this will have no problem calling out others. Absolutely shocking stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I was taking somebody for a test yesterday and was stopped at a checkpoint. About 25 - 30 cars stopped...every single one of them wasdetained for the same length as I was - I rolled down the window - 'Hi, taking this person for a test' - had appointment time details ready on my phone - Guard never so mucch as glanced at phone, - 'OK, go ahead'.
    As I said, nobody in the queue was detained or asked any detail.

Absolutely pointless and toothless.
    I was stopped twice yesterday, and not once asked where I was coming from, nor going to, nor the nature of my travel, whether or not it was essential.

I was asked in both counties Offaly and Laois though whether I had a test booked for the DOE (I drive a commercial SUV for work) disc that had expired in Sept. (Test booked for this coming Friday morning)

I wasn't stopped at all, hope the Gardai are profiling who and where to stop in a way that doesn't breach the Equality Acts.

This is a very complicated situation.

Many of the same politicians who campaign on this issue have also campaigned to loosen restrictions so that Irish parents can rob adopt children from Eastern Europe and beyond.

There are old people afraid of their past being dragged up, who are unable and/or unwilling to deal with what they did back then. Their vulnerability needs to be considered too. It isn't a one-way street, which makes a lot of this extremely difficult.

blanch152 wrote: »

The arrogant FG pat on the head...go away now, excuse making incoming.
    Many of the same politicians who campaign on this issue have also campaigned to loosen restrictions so that Irish parents can rob adopt children from Eastern Europe and beyond.

There are old people afraid of their past being dragged up, who are unable and/or unwilling to deal with what they did back then. Their vulnerability needs to be considered too. It isn't a one-way street, which makes a lot of this extremely difficult.

And there it is. 'This is difficult, so lets put down the rock and never look under it again'.

I get that it's complicated but lets just bury it for 30 years is not a way to deal with it. All that says is that this particular problem is gone when that generation dies which is abhorrent. The two main parties stood by whilst the church destroyed lives all over this country and it's about time to put this right while there is still time left.

No, it was a fairly straightforward vote. Hide the data for 30 years or not.
    Ensure those mothers never meet their children or help them.

Unbelievable. Sometimes an issue is more important than party loyalty.

Nothing matters to these than loyalty to the party

I cannot believe you are condoning this, that is absolutely shocking. Yet you will be on here most days lambasting SF for what happened in the North yet here you are making excuses for the FF and FG assisting the church in this disgusting behavior. You should be ashamed of yourself. Absolutely disgusting.

I never said that I condoned it. We only hear the heart wrenching stories. Just like the “Orphanages” in Russia who were up until recently adopting out babies because their mothers didn’t want them. Many were more than happy to have the problem removed and let them get on with their lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

I never said that I condoned it. We only hear the heart wrenching stories. Just like the “Orphanages” in Russia who were up until recently adopting out babies because their mothers didn’t want them. Many were more than happy to have the problem removed and let them get on with their lives.

Irrelevant
    Legislation blocking information access should not be passed
    There is pressure to sort this according to rte.ie

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1021/1172896-mother-and-baby-homes/

Nothing matters to these than loyalty to the party

I never said the vote was correct, you are inventing things.

If I was voting on this issue, I would look for more time to consider the implications which go beyond the simplistic issue being portrayed by those in favour.

Nobotty wrote: »
    Irrelevant
    Legislation blocking information access should not be passed
    There is pressure to sort this according to rte.ie

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1021/1172896-mother-and-baby-homes/

At least Flanagan had some courage with respect to the rushed legislation.
    The former children's minister and Fine Gael TD for Laois, Charlie Flanagan, has also expressed concern to Minister O'Gorman and the whip.

Mr Flanagan, who announced the Commission of Investigation in 2014, is not happy with how the current legislation is going through the house.

I actually cannot comprehend how some people here think it's ok to refuse mother's their personal data with respected to the forcibly adopted (i.e. abducted) children. I know some mothers may not want to find out or are already dead but how can you dictate a blanket No to the mothers that do want to know whether their child is still alive and where they might be. I cant fathom it. Maybe some Roman brainwashing at play. Incomprehensible.

• Advertisement

Its the HSE, everything they touch goes up in flames. Its ironic considering the person that set it up is the Taoiseach, he is getting a first hand experience of the sh!tshow that he set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I was just listening to it on the radio and still cant believe it. Here we are 6 months into this virus and they still havent got proper contact tracing set up at a time of huge unemployment and no lack of people willing to do it. You just cannot stop the spread of the virus without proper contact tracing, every country who has kept the spread low has a proper contact tracing system in place.

This is just utter incompetence on behalf of the FFG. And now their plan is to open up for Christmas and then lock back down again in January which will cause irreparable damage to businesses and for what? All because they couldnt set up a simple call centre and do proper contract tracing, what a farce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Wheres the army ?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I was just listening to it on the radio and still cant believe it. Here we are 6 months into this virus and they still havent got proper contact tracing set up at a time of huge unemployment and no lack of people willing to do it. You just cannot stop the spread of the virus without proper contact tracing, every country who has kept the spread low has a proper contact tracing system in place.

This is just utter incompetence on behalf of the FFG. And now their plan is to open up for Christmas and then lock back down again in January which will cause irreparable damage to businesses and for what? All because they couldnt set up a simple call centre and do proper contract tracing, what a farce.

Last week they announced the magical money tree budget. 20 billion here, 20 billion there. This week they have already added another 1.5 billion to the costs due to Level 5. All that money, all that planning and yet the most important tool to fight the expected 2nd wave of the virus (contact tracking/tracing) has buckled at the first hurdle in October. It just boggles the mind. This is the FFG 30 year legacy of letting the health service and HSE fall apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

So it has been revealed that the whole contact tracing set up, the complete backbone of attempting to control the spread of covid is broken.

Despite our Lockdown number one, the fact we've had seven months to prepare for what many described as the "inevitable second wave" and despite having a health system that is apparently overstaffed to the gills with admin and clerical staff, the govt have made a complete and utter haimes of contact tracing, as it's apparently buckled under itself.

Over on the Sinn Fein thread they've spent all morning going over the Paul Quinn murder - an event that took place 13 years ago and has all of a sudden become a hot topic badly in need of discussion.

Last time that happened was right in the mouth of the 2020 election.

There is no depths some folk wont stoop to in order to cause a distraction.

Last week they announced the magical money tree budget. 20 billion here, 20 billion there. This week they have already added another 1.5 billion to the costs due to Level 5. All that money, all that planning and yet the most important tool to fight the expected 2nd wave of the virus (contact tracking/tracing) has buckled at the first hurdle in October. It just boggles the mind. This is the FFG 30 year legacy of letting the health service and HSE fall apart.

If you look at what Wales have done in the meantime - added 5,000 beds to their healthcare capacity and ramped up test, trace and contact as planned for the second wave.

So it has been revealed that the whole contact tracing set up, the complete backbone of attempting to control the spread of covid is broken.

Despite our Lockdown number one, the fact we've had seven months to prepare for what many described as the "inevitable second wave" and despite having a health system that is apparently overstaffed to the gills with admin and clerical staff, the govt have made a complete and utter haimes of contact tracing, as it's apparently buckled under itself.

Over on the Sinn Fein thread they've spent all morning going over the Paul Quinn murder - an event that took place 13 years ago and has all of a sudden become a hot topic badly in need of discussion.

Last time that happened was right in the mouth of the 2020 election.

There is no depths some folk wont stoop to in order to cause a distraction.

It's so obvious at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

https://www.thejournal.ie/sinn-feins-doherty-forced-to-clarify-job-qualifications-78067-Feb2011/

He even admitted to being a college drop-out.

You live in a glasshouse with smashed windows.

So that makes Harris not a college drop out being fawned over?

• Advertisement

So according to the AGSI the gardai haven't the power to enforce the house party fines unless the person who is hosting the party opens the door to them. A great bit of legislation drawn up right there :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement