Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    So no source for your claim of just under 50k vaccinations a month for the upcoming months then? That would be a massive and unexpected slow down just when we are anticipating a large ramp up of deliveries.

We're 653,000 net short of our allocation to date according to Kelly in DE today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

H. Humphries temporary Justice Minister for next 6 months according to rte breaking news.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

your new minister for Justice who abused her powers to appoint a party member to a state board to burnish his credentials for a Seanad seat

Ah Mary stop messing.

10% have had their 1st dose. Many vaccines require 2 doses to be fully effective (e.g. Pfizer, the vaccine most used in Ireland to date)

No more that 4% of the population are fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated is the key.

RTE claimed via the Dept of Health that it was 3% 1 week ago. I provided you the link.

Here it is again.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0304/1200975-hse-coronavirus-briefing/

Are you disputing this fully vaccinated number now?

I’m simply pointing out the difference between fully vaccinated and first vaccination only. Nothing difficult there, is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Nobotty wrote: »
    97% arent vaccinated
    Next month it will be 96
    The following will be 95
    90 by xmas
    Its a holy show and with the variants,a guarantee of more lockdowns in the summer and fall with 100s more deaths

Your numbers are wrong.
    This government are an incompetent disgrace
    You may aswell be asking about the Dubai entry in the outdoor snowman competition as talk about EU vaccination and our place in that league

Well, I think it is important to have a proper benchmark against our EU neighbours, don't you think. If Ireland is in the top 25% of people vaccinated, then how can one deem it a 'disgrace'.
    Honest question.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

I’m simply pointing out the difference between fully vaccinated and first vaccination only. Nothing difficult there, is there?

Whats difficult is watching on as the EU bureocracy runs a vaccine roll out like treacle and our government ignoring avenues to get more vaccine untill theyre all gone
    Not accetable
    At a minimum at this stage legal action should be taken agsinst Astrazenica

Hopefully its 4% by now.

OK, so if the benchmark is 'fully' vaccinated, Ireland is beating the UK.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    So no source for your claim of just under 50k vaccinations a month for the upcoming months then? That would be a massive and unexpected slow down just when we are anticipating a large ramp up of deliveries.

Large ramp up of deliveries?
    That'll be the end of the summer
    We've heard it all before,backtrack after backtrack
    Forgive me if I ssy I"ll believe it when I see it
    It won t happen because of any special effort from this hovernment
    Their attitude serms to be to do the bare minimum
    Forget about 2021

Whats difficult is watching on as the EU bureocracy runs a vaccine roll out like treacle and our government ignoring avenues to get more vaccine untill theyre all gone
    Not accetable
    At a minimum at this stage lrgsl action should be taken agsinst Astrazenica

So, it’s a rant against the EU now?

Fact is that we’re doing as well as some and better than other countries.
    All this negativity is bad for you. There’s light at the end of the tunnel. Focus on that.

Large ramp up of deliveries?
    That'll be the end of the summer
    We've heard it all before,backtrack after backtrack
    Forgive me if I ssy I"ll believe it when I see it
    It won t happen because of any special effort from this hovernment
    Their attitude serms to be to do the bare minimum
    Forget about 2021

What exactly do you want the government to do?
    Magic up spare vaccines in a day?

• Advertisement

So, it’s a rant against the EU now?

Fact is that we’re doing as well as some and better than other countries.
    All this negativity is bad for you. There’s light at the end of the tunnel. Focus on that.

Nope,its an indictment agsinst a government doing the bare minimum
    Deference to the EU process beng more important to them than being clever with the nations health
    Its just not acceptable

markodaly wrote: »
    What exactly do you want the government to do?
    Magic up spare vaccines in a day?

Read back up thread
    Pay double or treble the going rate when they should have done
    Do what Hungary did who smelt the coffee a lot sooner than our incompetent lot
    10s of millions versus billions spent on the PuP
    Rip roaring incompetence and hand sitting
    No intuition at all ftom probably the highest paid most waste of money cabinet in the world

Read back up thread
    Pay double or treble the going rate when they should have done
    Do what Hungary did who smelt the coffee a lot sooner than our incompetent lot
    10s of millions versus billions spent on the PuP
    Rip roaring incompetence and hand sitting
    No intuition at all ftom probably the highest paid most waste of money cabinet in the world

So you want to build a time machine and go back 9 months and do things differently.

That isn't really a workable policy to help us now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

your new minister for Justice who abused her powers to appoint a party member to a state board to burnish his credentials for a Seanad seat

Not to mention 'passing on' a letter of recommendation for a man guilty of abusing animals, with previous for abusing animals.

So you want to build a time machine and go back 9 months and do things differently.

That isn't really a workable policy to help us now though.

No
    I want constructive criticism
    I want a minister for rollout and procurement like there is in the UK
    I want the Russian Ambassador called in to see if even a 100,000 sputnik can be sourced now to counteract the inevitable further shortfalls later in the year
    Simple little things
    Oh and Id join the Denmark Austria Israel collaberation right away snd be having meetings with pharma based here so for next year and the following we can be producing here

I dont want the ad infinutum carry on untill we're quite literally carried off with our current set up

Not accetable
    At a minimum at this stage legal action should be taken agsinst Astrazenica

Seeing as some countries have stopped using AstraZeneca due to concerns about its safety, why would we be taking action against them?

Seeing as some countries have stopped using AstraZeneca due to concerns about its safety, why would we be taking action against them?

Because they are not fulfilling their contract with the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Not to mention 'passing on' a letter of recommendation for a man guilty of abusing animals, with previous for abusing animals.

Not just previous, the man in question is literally banned for life from owning livestock due to previous convictions for animal neglect and abuse.
    Information that was in the public domain prior to the about to be acting Minister for Justice couriering a letter to the court on his behalf.

Because they are not fulfilling their contract with the EU

Maybe they’re having to investigate deaths that may be associated with the vaccine? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9350283/Denmark-suspends-AstraZeneca-vaccine-effect-fears.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Maybe they’re having to investigate deaths that may be associated with the vaccine? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9350283/Denmark-suspends-AstraZeneca-vaccine-effect-fears.html

Nice try.
    However the delays began long before there was any alleged link between the AZ vaccine and some people developing blood clots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Because they are usually very thorough and ahead of the curve? It takes members of the public dying and people kicking and screaming to be heard and that's after the state put up roadblocks and drag people through the courts.

As with Bexit, they'd plenty of warning a vaccine was coming but weren't prepared. You don't have to have an item on hand to organise the logistics required in advance, as is common practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Possibly the most pointless meeting possible. Probably just set up for the optics, and I can see why it has been set up for that purpose given the pressure to do so, but such a meeting won't actually change anything.

RTE news : Taoiseach seeks meeting with CEO of AstraZeneca

http://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0311/1203364-coronavirus-ireland-politics/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Positive news for Ireland with us moving down the severity gradients in the EU system.
    muddypuppy wrote: »
    3h4HCh5.png

New map of the semaphore EU system is out, Ireland moved from all red to mostly orange this week (https://reopen.europa.eu/en).

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

"It's divorced from reality, fuelled by misinformation and people who don't know what they're talking about."

You could say that about nearly all the complaints on this thread about the government's handling of the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Why doesn't our govt adjust their vaccine supply projections/forecasts in line with previous experience? That way they don't look so incompetent when blaming supply all the time. For example if AZ commit to provide 100k doses in April but have an actual rate of 75% then the government does some risk planning and forecasts 75k doses.

I know...government and 'planning'

Anyone? ;)

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Anyone? ;)

Because if they get the 100k they will have 25k lying around and nobody to give them to.

Much better to hand out the vaccines than have spare ones lying unused.

The performance of the HSE in having over 95% of deliveries used within a week is the key yardstick, and they are doing really well on that basis.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Because if they get the 100k they will have 25k lying around and nobody to give them to.

Much better to hand out the vaccines than have spare ones lying unused.

The performance of the HSE in having over 95% of deliveries used within a week is the key yardstick, and they are doing really well on that basis.

You totally missed the point. Completely. They already have plenty of lists for 'spare' vaccines.

Better to just keep saying they are missing targets so?

You totally missed the point. Completely.

Better to just keep saying they are missing targets so?

Well, yes, this isn't about the publicity or the faux criticisms from the opposition, this is about saving lives. Getting every single vaccine out there is more important than the message.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    Well, yes, this isn't about the publicity or the faux criticisms from the opposition, this is about saving lives. Getting every single vaccine out there is more important than the message.

:D

Yes indeed. Clear communications have never been a priority!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement