Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

Anyone? ;)

Try Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

:D

Yes indeed. Clear communications have never been a priority!

Well, if you prefer soundbites and plans to getting the vaccinations done, I hope you are in a minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

blanch152 wrote: »
    Well, if you prefer soundbites and plans to getting the vaccinations done, I hope you are in a minority.

Vaccine rollout plans/numbers from our senior ministers are soundbites now?

You guys :D

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Doesitmatter21

Id prefer honesty from the Govt not Spin. The day they know vaccines wont be the amount promised they should let everyone know, not ignore it until the papers get hold of it.

Id also expect businesses like haridressers etc to get some respect from the Govt and not be told in an interview with the newspaper that it wont be May till they are open

So these are the headlines the FFG folks want...

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40240619.html
    Covid-19 vaccine plan has changed 17 times due to supply shortfalls

My recommendation is to risk adjust the projections in line with previous experience. Is it that difficult to comprehend?

• Advertisement

So these are the headlines the FFG folks want...

My recommendation is to risk adjust the projections in line with previous experience. Is it that difficult to comprehend?

Maybe they should hold a press conference every time a delivery arrives?

Id prefer honesty from the Govt not Spin. The day they know vaccines wont be the amount promised they should let everyone know, not ignore it until the papers get hold of it.

Id also expect businesses like haridressers etc to get some respect from the Govt and not be told in an interview with the newspaper that it wont be May till they are open

I prefer to see the vaccines administered as they are received.

Great idea, except the same posters will complain about movie references then.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Dont give stephen donnolly ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Thought they were doing this already. I'm sure I have seen Paul Reid and Stephen Donnelly having pictures taken with deliveries of the vaccine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Anyone? ;)

Theyve not released any more targets this week
    Astrazenica have supplied 15 million of the UK doses by the way
    Theyre not breaking that contract
    Just the EU one
    Meanwhile our government sat on its hands
    Its too late now for this year but they could be planning for next like the Austrians Danes hungarians and Israelis
    But no that might mean they have to get up off their fat lazy higest paid arsez in Europe
    Incompetent good for nothings

How has my point anything to do with press conferences? You guys live in a parallel universe sometimes. They do more than enough spoofing which is why they are known as the coalition of chaos.

If they get more than the risk adjusted projections, then happy days all round. Sing it....but the current constant negativity just erodes confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

How has my point anything to do with press conferences? You guys live in a parallel universe sometimes. They do more than enough spoofing which is why they are known as the coalition of chaos.

If they get more than the risk adjusted projections, then happy days all round. Sing it....but the current constant negativity just erodes confidence.

I think they need some of Hungary's lower paid and better value for money advisors who ACTUALLY did do their job and smelt the coffee as regards EU procurement

Maybe try looking on the bright side. Constant negativity is bad for the soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Maybe try looking on the bright side. Constant negativity is bad for the soul.

In other words the government is always right and above criticism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Quite rightly.
    I don't know how you can dismiss or excuse Varadkar quoting 'Mean Girls' during an address on Covid for a laugh and a bet.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Thought they were doing this already. I'm sure I have seen Paul Reid and Stephen Donnelly having pictures taken with deliveries of the vaccine.

How dare you!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reminds me of Murphy going door to door for a photo op during lockdown....

Floppybits wrote: »
    In other words the government is always right and above criticism.

No. Just pointing out that constant negativity can be damaging to a person.

You're hard work. If you go back to my post you might see that the constant negativity is coming from the coalition of chaos because the government are over-promising and under-delivering and learning nothing from it. Covid-19 vaccine plans have changed 17 times due to supply shortfalls. Can they see a pattern? They are losing public confidence again (if there was any left). Play the ostrich if you prefer, FFG are the ones losing votes.

Maybe try engaging instead of trying to shut people down? It never gets past the initial post because yourself and fellow travelers will come in with a remark or an attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

You're hard work. If you go back to my post you might see that the constant negativity is coming from the coalition of chaos because the government are over-promising and under-delivering and learning nothing from it. Covid-19 vaccine plans have changed 17 times due to supply shortfalls. Can they see a pattern? They are losing public confidence again (if there was any left). Play the ostrich if you prefer, FFG are the ones losing votes.

Your negativity shows that you blame the government for a shortfall in vaccines, when this is an EU wide issue.
    How can you plan for something that keeps changing and you don't have control off?

Not knowing when EMA will authorise a vaccine, which company will have supply issues and under deliver vaccines?

I'd love to see how you'd plan it all if its so easy.

Triangle wrote: »
    Your negativity shows that you blame the government for a shortfall in vaccines, when this is an EU issue.
    How can you plan for something that keeps changing and you don't have control off?

Not knowing when EMA will authorise a vaccine, which company will have supply issues and under deliver vaccines?

If you'd read the comment you quoted or earlier posts you'd see its about poor and mixed communication, which is kind of ironic.

My plan would be to have a spokesperson for health, say Donnelly. And any other minister looking to get his or her mug in the papers should run by any health comment with the health minister or his representatives.
    Several ministers saying several different things is a big part of the problem. Lack of consultation with workers and parents is another.

Triangle wrote: »
    Your negativity shows that you blame the government for a shortfall in vaccines, when this is an EU wide issue.

This is what I suggested they do...

Why doesn't our govt adjust their vaccine supply projections/forecasts in line with previous experience (i.e actuals) ? That way they don't look so incompetent when blaming supply all the time (17 times they replanned).

For example if AZ commit to provide 100k doses in April but have an actual rate of 75% then the government does some risk planning and forecasts 75k doses or less. Lower expectations and look somewhat competent. AZ cant be trusted so stop bloody trusting them! Put some contingency into the planning.

Under-commit and over-deliver just once so the public get some confidence back in the plan.

Government and data driven 'planning' don't mix.

Then we have this lame mitigation action; Michael will call the AZ CEO. I can see that one going something like this;
    MM: We want more vaccines
    CEO: Who are you?
    MM: Michael Martin, Leader of Ireland
    CEO: Join the queue Michael.
    MM: OK. I tried my best, better break the bad news to the public who adore me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

This is what I suggested they do...

Why doesn't our govt adjust their vaccine supply projections/forecasts in line with previous experience (i.e actuals) ? That way they don't look so incompetent when blaming supply all the time (17 times they replanned).

For example if AZ commit to provide 100k doses in April but have an actual rate of 75% then the government does some risk planning and forecasts 75k doses. Lower expectations and look somewhat competent. AZ cant be trusted so stop bloody trusting them!

Government and data driven 'planning' don't mix.

If they issued significantly lower targets than the rest of Europe by using the approach you suggest above then I can only imagine the outrage that would occur.

"Sweden said they will be done by June, why is our incompetent government saying November with the same supply? Useless government of chaos etc etc".

Doesn't really matter what approach is taken, people will complain either way.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    If they issued significantly lower targets than the rest of Europe by using the approach you suggest above then I can only imagine the outrage that would occur.

"Sweden said they will be done by June, why is our incompetent government saying November with the same supply? Useless government of chaos etc etc".

Doesn't really matter what approach is taken, people will complain either way.

Oh alright then, let's continue with the hoodwinking plan so. Add in some poor mouthing and pleading with CEOs and other countries to make it look good.
    A continual replanning exercise until end of 2021.

I posted this on 18th January.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115962647&postcount=6987

Was I the only person to see the risk to supply 2 months ago?

Oh alright then, let's continue with the hoodwinking plan so. Add in some poor mouthing and pleading with CEOs and other countries to make it look good.
    A continual replanning exercise until end of 2021.

What is important is getting vaccines in arms as soon as they are arriving in the country, which the HSE have been able to do to date. Everything outside of that regarding targets and timelines that are being estimated is not important, because Ireland cannot control them.

I posted this on 18th January.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115962647&postcount=6987

Was I the only person to see the risk?

Yes. You should have informed the EU.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Yes. You should have informed the EU.

They knew in December

https://pharmaphorum.com/news/pfizer-cut-vaccine-production-targets-because-of-raw-material-shortage-reports/
    Pfizer cut vaccine production targets because of raw material shortage – reports

It was the most obvious risk in the plan. The most obvious.

• Advertisement

They knew in December

https://pharmaphorum.com/news/pfizer-cut-vaccine-production-targets-because-of-raw-material-shortage-reports/

It was the most obvious risk in the plan. The most obvious.

There you have it. Not the government’s fault after all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement