Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Denmark 3.9% fully vaccinated
    Ireland 3.3% fully vaccinated

We are behind in real terms by the equivalent of the population of Navan.
    Disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

There you have it. Not the government’s fault after all.

Its not the governments fault that they didnt try to mitigate looming EU treacle?
    Give me a break!
    Hungary's officials paid a fraction of Dublins advisors and cabinet smelt the coffee
    Our lot incompetently sat on their hands

Disgraceful.

You miss the point,both are suffering from EU treacle bureocracy
    All you are saying is their politicians werent as good as Hungary's
    But at least Denmark and Austra arent slow out of the traps fixing it for the future
    Our incompetents want to continue the incompetence

Disgraceful.

Only 2.1% fully vaccinated in UK. We’re more than half way in the table. Not bad for incompetent xyz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Only 2.1% fully vaccinated in UK. We’re more than half way in the table. Not bad for incompetent xyz.

You are only allowed compare our data with the UK when it paints Ireland in an unfavourable light, please retract.

:)

• Advertisement

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    You are only allowed compare our data with the UK when it paints Ireland in an unfavourable light, please retract.

:)

Soz. I was unaware of the rules!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

TBF, you can hardly complain that others are always complaining when your every post is designed to get at critics or close them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Disgraceful.

It is strange that whenever you post facts that rebut the nonsensical stuff that sometimes passes for debate around here, you then get accused of wanting to shut discussion down. Surely, the facts are the basis for forming the opinion rather than hiding the facts because they disagree with the criticism?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    It is strange that whenever you post facts that rebut the nonsensical stuff that sometimes passes for debate around here, you then get accused of wanting to shut discussion down. Surely, the facts are the basis for forming the opinion rather than hiding the facts because they disagree with the criticism?

Whereas misrepresenting people and taking comment out of context to suit an agenda is acceptable to some.

You might have missed that some posts, yours included, peddle the yarn that facts are unwelcome by people critical of the roll out and dishonestly suggest critics ignore or run from facts. Actually, I'm sure you didn't.

Its woeful incompetence
    The fully vaccinated numberin the UK will race ahead of Ireland in a few weeks when the close to 40% of adults in the UK start getting their 2nd shortly
    Its not going to be a summer to remember in Ireland thanks to the hand sitting highest paid in Europe cabinet and advisors

• Advertisement

Nobotty wrote: »
    Its woeful incompetence
    The fully vaccinated numberin the UK will race ahead of Ireland in a few weeks when the close to 40% of adults in the UK start getting their 2nd shortly
    Its not going to be a summer to remember in Ireland thanks to the hand sitting highest paid in Europe cabinet and advisors

Facts are facts. Face them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭mattser

Its woeful incompetence

You may be annoyed, and that's fair enough, but would you ever change that record. We heard you the first time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Disgraceful.

We're joint 6th (with Romania and Slovakia) out of 30. We're on 4.2% fully vaccinated and Denmark are ahead of us with 4.4 percent fully vaccinated. Denmark is less than 5% ahead of us. We are just as far off Denmark as Denmark is off Iceland (4.5%), Poland (4.8%) and Norway (4.8%). Are things equally disgraceful in Denmark because they are behind Poland and Norway by 5%?

There is some amount of hyperbole thrown around here over Ireland's vaccination rates.

Facts are facts. Face them.

Unfortunately I'll be face down if Im depending on this God forsaken government's hand sitting and yes it is annoying,I'll leave it at that

We're joint 6th (with Romania and Slovakia) out of 30. We're on 4.2% fully vaccinated and Denmark are ahead of us with 4.4 percent fully vaccinated. Denmark is less than 5% ahead of us. We are just as far off Denmark as Denmark is off Iceland (4.5%), Poland (4.8%) and Norway (4.8%). Are things equally disgraceful in Denmark because they are behind Poland and Norway by 5%?

There is some amount of hyperbole thrown around here over Ireland's vaccination rates.

4.2% versus 4.4%? On our population that's 9800 people. Denmark are ahead by 9800 people vaccinated. That must be the Israel deal kicking in. Sheer incompetence by our government not to be involved.

The Minister should phone up AZ et al, and tell them he is not happy.

Unfortunately I'll be face down if Im depending on this God forsaken government's hand sitting and yes it is annoying,I'll leave it at that

Come on. Seriously. If you look around at other countries, we’re not doing too bad. Ireland isn’t perfect, but there’s nowhere else I’d want to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Come on. Seriously. If you look around at other countries, we’re not doing too bad. Ireland isn’t perfect, but there’s nowhere else I’d want to live.

Thats the difference between me and you Mary. You are retired and want the status quo because it suits you.
    I want continuous improvement. I love Ireland but it could be much better. I now believe that the legacy FF/FG power swap is holding us back.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Thats the difference between me and you Mary. You are retired and want the status quo because it suits you.
    I want continuous improvement. I love Ireland but it could be much better. I now believe that the legacy FF/FG power swap is holding us back.

How’s Life? OECD report
    Ireland performs well in many measures of well-being relative to most other OECD countries in the Better Life Index. Ireland ranks above the average in jobs and earnings, housing, personal security, health status, education and skills, social connections, subjective well-being, work-life balance, and environmental quality, but below average in income and wealth, and civic engagement. These rankings are based on available selected data.

Money, while it cannot buy happiness, is an important means to achieving higher living standards. In Ireland, the average household net-adjusted disposable income per capita is USD 25 310 a year, lower than the OECD average of USD 33 604 a year. But there is a considerable gap between the richest and poorest – the top 20% of the population earn almost five times as much as the bottom 20%.

In terms of employment, some 67% of people aged 15 to 64 in Ireland have a paid job, slightly below the OECD employment average of 68%. Some 73% of men are in paid work, compared with 62% of women. In Ireland, some 5% of employees work very long hours, much less than the OECD average of 11%, with 8% of men working very long hours compared with just 2% of women.

Good education and skills are important requisites for finding a job. In Ireland, 82% of adults aged 25-64 have completed upper secondary education, above the OECD average of 78%. This is truer of women than men, as 79% of men have successfully completed high-school compared with 85% of women. In terms of the quality of its education system, the average student scored 509 in reading literacy, maths and science in the OECD's Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA), above the OECD average of 486. Although girls outperformed boys in many OECD countries, in Ireland boys scored 4 points higher than girls.

In terms of health, life expectancy at birth in Ireland is 82 years, two years higher than the OECD average of 80 years. Life expectancy for women is 84 years, compared with 80 for men. The level of atmospheric PM2.5 – tiny air pollutant particles small enough to enter and cause damage to the lungs – is 7.1 micrograms per cubic meter, considerably lower than the OECD average of 13.9 micrograms per cubic meter. Ireland also performs well in terms of water quality, as 85% of people say they are satisfied with the quality of their water, higher than the OECD average of 81%.

Concerning the public sphere, there is a strong sense of community and moderate levels of civic participation in Ireland, where 95% of people believe that they know someone they could rely on in time of need, one of the highest rates in the OECD, where the average is 89%. Voter turnout, a measure of citizens' participation in the political process, was 65% during recent elections, lower than the OECD average of 68%. Voter turnout for the top 20% of the population is an estimated 69% and for the bottom 20% it is an estimated 61%, much narrower than the OECD average gap of 13 percentage points and suggesting there is broad social inclusion in Ireland's democratic institutions.

In general, Irish people are more satisfied with their lives than the OECD average. When asked to rate their general satisfaction with life on a scale from 0 to 10, Irish people gave it a 7.0 grade on average, higher than the OECD average of 6.5.

A lot done, more to to.

Meanwhile... Reuters reported that a UN report estimated in March 2019 that 94% of Venezuelans live in poverty and more than ten percent of Venezuelans (3.4 million) have left their country. ... Venezuela led the world in murder rates, with 81.4 per 100,000 people killed in 2018, making it the third most violent country in the world.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

4.2% versus 4.4%? On our population that's 9800 people. Denmark are ahead by 9800 people vaccinated. That must be the Israel deal kicking in. Sheer incompetence by our government not to be involved.

The Minister should phone up AZ et al, and tell them he is not happy.

But if you compare Denmark to Poland, the extra 0.3% would mean an extra 17,400 people vaccinated. How is that not sheer incompetence also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Seriously delusional there, a chara.

Maybe it’s my life experience that tells me that we’re doing ok. I’ve learned that a little hardship isn’t a bad thing. Helps put things into perspective and to get priorities right. I’ve worked pretty much all of the last 50 years. Also reared a family, married twice, divorced once. Bought an old cottage in the country as it was all I could afford as a then single mother, did it up as I could afford to. The main lesson I’ve learned is that if I want something, then it’s up to me to get it. Not waiting for the government or anyone else to give it to me.

The main lesson I’ve learned is that if I want something, then it’s up to me to get it. Not waiting for the government or anyone else to give it to me.

I agree Mary,thats why by the end of the wasted Summer,I'll be heading over the road to Derry to buy my vaccine shots privately when NI is finished their programme and we're doing only the over 60s by then
    Cant be waiting for this good for nothing lazy government
    We'll all be dead long enough!

I agree Mary,thats why by the end of the wasted Summer,I'll be heading over the road to Derry to buy my vaccine shots privately when NI is finished their programme and we're doing only the over 60s by then
    Cant be waiting for this good for nothing lazy government
    We'll all be dead long enough!

I’ll let you know when I get mine.

Playback this morning highlighted a very angry GP who was doing a vaccination day for her elderly clients. She was told by the HSE on the day that she would be getting 20% less vaccines than promised due to supply issues. She said it was very tough ringing 20% of her eager clients to tell them that they would not getting the vaccine that day and to stay at home. This is the cost of over-promising.

Playback this morning highlighted a very angry GP who was doing a vaccination day for her elderly clients. She was told by the HSE on the day that she would be getting 20% less vaccines than promised due to supply issues. She said it was very tough ringing 20% of her eager clients to tell them that they would not getting the vaccine that day and to stay at home. This is the cost of over-promising.

With all due respect if your supplier renages on their side of the bargain there is not much you can do.

The Govt are not advised on shortfall till the last minute, so hence the last minute ringing around.

With all due respect if your supplier renages on their side of the bargain there is not much you can do.

The Govt are not advised on shortfall till the last minute, so hence the last minute ringing around.

There's a hole in the bucket dear Liza dear Liza

Read for context...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116559767&postcount=9204

There's a hole in the bucket dear Liza dear Liza

Read for context...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116559767&postcount=9204

With respect I think the HSE have enough to do rather than trying gamble on what supplies they can expect to be delivered..

Your points are valid though in fairness....

https://extra.ie/2021/03/12/news/irish-news/micheal-martin-mandatory-hotel-quarantine
    Michéal Martin says mandatory hotel quarantine will come into operation ‘within next week or so’.

The news comes two months after the Government announced tougher travel measures.

Rapid response. Must be as a result of great planning.

• Advertisement

Legislation and procurement. Dull, time consuming, necessary, and overlooked by amateurs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement