Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Legislation and procurement. Dull, time consuming, necessary, and overlooked by amateurs.

Exactly Finty... these lads think it’s just a matter of clicking your fingers..

And it’s not challenged by folk unless like yourself, you know the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Doesitmatter21

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Playback this morning highlighted a very angry GP who was doing a vaccination day for her elderly clients. She was told by the HSE on the day that she would be getting 20% less vaccines than promised due to supply issues. She said it was very tough ringing 20% of her eager clients to tell them that they would not getting the vaccine that day and to stay at home. This is the cost of over-promising.

My heart bleeds for her.

That is her job, she is getting paid to do it.

Why the whinging?

blanch152 wrote: »
    My heart bleeds for her.

That is her job, she is getting paid to do it.

Why the whinging?

My 70 something friends 82 year old husband was called in for his vaccination. He was told to bring his wife with him and if there was some vaccine going spare that’s they’d do her too. So, she’s been done too. Great service. No fuss, just getting on with it.

https://twitter.com/colincoyle/status/1370855722569850883?s=20

Leos days are numbered, election 2021 anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

But a good friend of mine on these very boards told us it was against civil liberties and the like? *scratches head*
    Denis or Larry or both will be making another fortune. Maybe Noonan gets a cut, who knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

There's a few will be explaining to us why a criminal probe based off an initial investigation into possible criminality is not a criminal investigation and how it differs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

There's a few will be explaining to us why a criminal probe based off an initial investigation into possible criminality is not a criminal investigation and how it differs :D

Like how a confidential document is not really confidential even if It says confidential on it. Getting a bit embarrassing now for Varadkar.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Eh, why would this cause an election?

Bizzare!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

markodaly wrote: »
    Eh, why would this cause an election?

Bizzare!

No confidence motion? Would you back a suspected offender to be Tanaiste and a potential Taoiseach if you know they could be arrested in the morning? Fine Gael party of law and order lead by a suspected criminal.

I'm not a member of any party but that to me seems to be the answer.

• Advertisement

No confidence motion? Would you back a suspected offender to be Tanaiste and a potential Taoiseach if you know they could be arrested in the morning? Fine Gael party of law and order lead by a suspected criminal.

I'm not a member of any party but that to me seems to be the answer.

There was already a no-confidence motion on this issue, why would there be another one?
    Are we playing whack-a-mole?

Also, an election in the middle of the pandemic?

One thing for sure, there will not be an election over this.
    The Greens and FF for sure, will be backing Leo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Floppybits wrote: »
    Like how a confidential document is not really confidential even if It says confidential on it. Getting a bit embarrassing now for Varadkar.

... and for a few of his fan boys on here.

There was already a no-confidence motion on this issue, why would there be another one?
    Are we playing whack-a-mole?

Also, an election in the middle of the pandemic?

One thing for sure, there will not be an election over this.
    The Greens and FF for sure, will be backing Leo.

Will they?

I admire your confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Leo might be saved by a vaccine. The suspension of the astra zeneca vaccine has taken over from the Varadkar story.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Leo might be saved by a vaccine. The suspension of the astra zeneca vaccine has taken over from the Varadkar story.

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2021/0314/1203900-politics-varadkar/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

It would have been an honest mistake by a junior admin worker in the HSE. To go to the papers over it seems a bit much really.

The vaccine is on hold now anyway so they are probably happy about if now.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    It would have been an honest mistake by a junior admin worker in the HSE. To go to the papers over it seems a bit much really.

The vaccine is on hold now anyway so they are probably happy about if now.

Yes sending a poor teenager travelling across the country to be told sorry we ****ed up is not a major thing

Ita a disgrace and yet again shows the HSE are not fit for purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Yes sending a poor teenager travelling across the country to be told sorry we ****ed up is not a major thing

It is not a disgrace. It is a technical issue.

My brother has long term cancer and was vaccinated on Friday, along with most that he regularly meets in his treatment clinic. His wife and kid are happier today.
    Give some credit to health workers and stop politicizing every detail.

• Advertisement

It would only have been a ****up if the vaccine was actually administered. It wasn’t. The system is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1371074991450652694
    Any other Minister would be sacked or at least have the decency to step aside. How the TDs in FF and GP can support him is a mystery

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

You would think he will be put on the pfizer jab as a priority due to the cock up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I would agree that the HSE needs an overhaul, but an innocent error by a junior admin team would not be a reason why. Whoever was scheduling the vaccines obviously hadn't considered they would have a few under 18s in the adult hospital system.

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    Any other Minister would be sacked or at least have the decency to step aside. How the TDs in FF and GP can support him is a mystery

Is she wrong? I believe it was in the public interest to get all GP's to sign up to the new agreement.

Lets be honest here, this was not some nuclear codes or some state secrets sold off to North Korea, as much as some like to paint it like that.

Solid explanations on AZ situation from the grownups in HSE on Radio 1.

Its a precautionary pause based on incident flag signalled by Norwegian authorities. Situation should resolve quite quickly.

Of course if they pressed ahead and ignored that flag, the same people yelping about delays now, would be screaming cover-up and conspiracy.

Michael McGrath very calm and measured too. Nice to hear an education being put to use for the public good.
    Paul Murphy et al take note.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The clear message from the Sunday newspapers and radio shows wrt Covid is that the government have lost the public confidence...again. Even Prof Mcconkey said it.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

The clear message from the Sunday newspapers and radio shows wrt Covid is that the government have lost the public confidence...again.

Dosnt help that the Gardai are investigating one of the 3 'leaders'

The clear message from the Sunday newspapers and radio shows wrt Covid is that the government have lost the public confidence...again. Even Prof Mcconkey said it.

I am not getting that message at all, so it must not be all that clear.

• Advertisement

I am not getting that message at all, so it must not be all that clear.

No because you live in the southern hemisphere

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement