Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Absolute disgrace that this government is trying to block people getting access to these records for 30 years - what are they trying to hide.

A list of senators who voted to seal the mother and baby home records:

Ahearn, Garret. FG
    Burke, Paddy. FG
    Buttimer, Jerry. FG
    Byrne, Malcolm. FF
    Carrigy, Micheál. FG
    Casey, Pat. FF
    Cassells, Shane. FF
    Conway, Martin. FG
    Crowe, Ollie. FF
    Currie, Emer. FG
    Daly, Paul. FF
    Doherty, Regina. FG
    Dolan, Aisling. FG
    Dooley, Timmy. FF
    Fitzpatrick, Mary. FF
    Gallagher, Robbie. FF
    Garvey, Róisín. GP
    Hackett, Pippa. GP
    Kyne, Seán. FG
    Lombard, Tim. FG
    Martin, Vincent P. GP
    McGahon, John. FG
    McGreehan, Erin. FF
    Murphy, Eugene. FF
    O'Loughlin, Fiona. FF
    O'Reilly, Joe. FG
    O'Reilly, Pauline. GP
    Seery Kearney, Mary. FG
    Ward, Barry. FF
    Wilson, Diarmuid. FG

Are they covering up to try distance their parties? Sad to see the Greens completely sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Bowie wrote: »
    Are they covering up to try distance their parties? Sad to see the Greens completely sell out.

Greens have now sold out completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

So according to the AGSI the gardai haven't the power to enforce the house party fines unless the person who is hosting the party opens the door to them. A great bit of legislation drawn up right there :rolleyes:

Seriously?

I'm guessing they have no legal authority to force entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

McMurphy wrote: »
    Seriously?

I'm guessing they have no legal authority to force entry?

Yep, apparently they didn't add the right of entry to the law so basically work away with the houseparty and just don't answer the door.

It’s important to remember the time most of these babies were born in. Not all pregnant mothers were forced into these horrendous places. Many went of their own accord without their families knowing anything.

Tracing adopted children or birth parents is a fairly modern thing. Not every ones to trace their birth families. Often those who do are left bitterly disappointed.

Not in that lady's case by the sounds. Maybe access to records might help?
    If you bring the time into context we must remember the hold the church had over a more than willing state. Maybe why FF/FG(Greens) want the records sealed?

• Advertisement

Yep, apparently they didn't add the right of entry to the law so basically work away with the houseparty and just don't answer the door.

Jackasses.

Jesus Mary and Joseph, what a bunch of numpties.

Senior hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Don't be such a bitter balls Brenner, sure you can't go more than a half dozen posts without trying to shoehorn in a reference to something about the shinners from years or months ago, GAA celebrations in Tyrone etc etc.

Whether one has any connection to the other is seemingly irrelevant.

Get up the yard with that scutter - not going to let it slip under the radar and pretend you're an impartial but observant commentator horse, you won't get that one past R.P horse. :D

Very harsh criticism there R.P...... seems to be a lot of anger out there....

Maybe I needed to be up in McAleers bar buck leppin with a pile of young wans and ‘putting myself about’.

We are all on lockdown RP.... even the Chief won’t bust you out of this one.

Very harsh criticism there R.P...... seems to be a lot of anger out there....

Maybe I needed to be up in McAleers bar buck leppin with a pile of young wans and ‘putting myself about’.

We are all on lockdown RP.... even the Chief won’t bust you out of this one.

Not me Bren, frontline essential worker etc, will enjoy having the roads to myself for the next six weeks though.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I was just listening to it on the radio and still cant believe it. Here we are 6 months into this virus and they still havent got proper contact tracing set up at a time of huge unemployment and no lack of people willing to do it. You just cannot stop the spread of the virus without proper contact tracing, every country who has kept the spread low has a proper contact tracing system in place.

This is just utter incompetence on behalf of the FFG. And now their plan is to open up for Christmas and then lock back down again in January which will cause irreparable damage to businesses and for what? All because they couldnt set up a simple call centre and do proper contract tracing, what a farce.

Listening to Newstalk today and whoever is standing in for PK said that he, personally wouldn’t wait for anyone else to inform whoever he’d been in contact with, should he test positive. He’d do it himself to the best of his ability.
    I think it was he who also said that he doesn’t expect the government to wash/sanitise his hands or put his face mask on for him.

Listening to Newstalk today and whoever is standing in for PK said that he, personally wouldn’t wait for anyone else to inform whoever he’d been in contact with, should he test positive. He’d do it himself to the best of his ability.
    I think it was he who also said that he doesn’t expect the government to wash/sanitise his hands or put his face mask on for him.

Do you think any restrictions are pointless and everything should be left to the individual? Or do you think some solid government approved health restrictions are worthwhile?

• Advertisement

Not me Bren, frontline essential worker etc, will enjoy having the roads to myself for the next six weeks though.

Jaysus.....shows how serious the countries situation is.

Suppose the roads will be full of jobsworths with no responsibility wasting diesel.

Meanwhile bunches of scrotes will be building ‘bone fires’ and polluting the atmosphere with no retribution.

Of course stults in SUVs will cruise around and ignore all this same as every year.

Time to go underground....

Do you think any restrictions are pointless and everything should be left to the individual? Or do you think some solid government approved health restrictions are worthwhile?

Of course they’re worthwhile. But only IF they are adhered to by the populace. The government cannot wash the hands of every citizen. They have to do that for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Greens have now sold out completely.

The level of ignorance of politics around here is quite astounding.

The Commission of Investigation is covering events up to 1998.

The Greens first entered government in 2007. How can you accuse them of covering up something they did? Those posts are just bizarre.

Epic failure on your part lads to establish another silly conspiracy theory.

There isn't a single law on the statute book or a single right in the Constitution that has any meaning without individuals adhering to it!!! The rule of law is the foundation of democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    There isn't a single law on the statute book or a single right in the Constitution that has any meaning without individuals adhering to it!!! The rule of law is the foundation of democracy.

The issue here is an agency of the state's competence. Nothing else.

So that makes Harris not a college drop out being fawned over?

As you well know, because you thanked the post, the first to raise qualifications of politicians was this poster who in defending Pearse, claimed he was different to the Minister for Higher Education.
    smurgen wrote: »
    He has a third level certificate? What's the minister for higher educations?

All I did was laugh at the comparison, because Pearse is a self-admitted college drop-out.

Do you have a problem with college drop-outs? Do you think that only people who can afford to go to college deserve to be politicians? Is that what is behind your posting, a snobbery issue?

That wasn't my question. You don't even answer the ones addressed directly to you so this effort was to be expected I suppose.

Whether or not children spead it as much as adults is irrelevant, the point is they are not spreading it in controlled situations such as schools.

That didn't age well...(24 hours)

The gist seems to be government are right, but when it turns out they are wrong they aren't accountable. Handy that.

As you well know, because you thanked the post, the first to raise qualifications of politicians was this poster who in defending Pearse, claimed he was different to the Minister for Higher Education.

All I did was laugh at the comparison, because Pearse is a self-admitted college drop-out.

Do you have a problem with college drop-outs? Do you think that only people who can afford to go to college deserve to be politicians? Is that what is behind your posting, a snobbery issue?

So he had made a valid comment, which you ignored. Figured. I've no issue with college drop outs. I do have issue with taking unqualified politicians 'advice' over experts. I'd make an exception for Varadkar, him a trained doctor and piss poor when in health.

Jaysus.....shows how serious the countries situation is.

Suppose the roads will be full of jobsworths with no responsibility wasting diesel.

Meanwhile bunches of scrotes will be building ‘bone fires’ and polluting the atmosphere with no retribution.

Of course stults in SUVs will cruise around and ignore all this same as every year.

Time to go underground....

Work for myself Brenner, i can assure you "wasting diesel" is not a habit of mine horse, but you can be thankful for the likes of us boyos keeping the wheels turning and putting the health of ourselves and our families at risk, so that others can get through the next six weeks with as minimum disruption to their lives as possible.

Leo said it himself Brenner, not all heroes wear capes :pac:

Work for myself Brenner, i can assure you "wasting diesel" is not a habit of mine horse, but you can be thankful for the likes of us boyos keeping the wheels turning and putting the health of ourselves and our families at risk, so that others can get through the next six weeks with as minimum disruption to their lives as possible.

Leo said it himself Brenner, not all heroes wear capes :pac:

Fair enough Randal, I will withdraw any insinuation that you waste diesel.

Hope it’s not green diesel.

Lad on the radio said it correctly after these ‘gym lice’ got going.

Either it’s a lock down or it’s not..... the Brenner going underground for the six weeks.... let’s suck it up and work for the country.

Let’s see how it all pans out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

The lockdown is already a farce after the what was revealed today about the track and trace. Its a joke anything the HSE touches is a pile of sh1te.

More importantly the legislation on sealing the mother and babies homes documents for 30 years is ongoing. What an absolute despicable thing to do. All FFG are doing are burying their own culpability in this. Fair play to Holly Cairns for work on this and fighting it in the Dail. Absolute scumbags who vote for this.

That wasn't my question. You don't even answer the ones addressed directly to you so this effort was to be expected I suppose.

That didn't age well...(24 hours)

The gist seems to be government are right, but when it turns out they are wrong they aren't accountable. Handy that.

Did you even read your own link?

"However, it said that it was reassuring that the positivity rate for schools – at 2.3% - was considerably lower than the national positivity rate which is in excess of 7%.

It said that while the increase of Covid-19 cases in the community was leading to more cases in schools, it is important to note that "these cases are not amplified within schools themselves".

The HSE added that mass testing has taken place in a total of 414 schools following public health risk assessments, with more than 10,500 students and staff tested and 246 cases of Covid-19 identified."

It is being spread in schools at one third the rate it is spreading in the community with no evidence that the children are primarily responsible for any spread that does occur in schools.

So he had made a valid comment, which you ignored. Figured. I've no issue with college drop outs. I do have issue with taking unqualified politicians 'advice' over experts. I'd make an exception for Varadkar, him a trained doctor and piss poor when in health.

He made a comment that Pearse wasn't a drop-out, unlike Harris.

I pointed out that both were drop-outs which means

(1) He didn't make a valid comment.
    (2) I didn't ignore it, I corrected it.

So in relation to taking unqualified politicians advice over experts, the last I checked Mark Ward was not a qualified public health expert, so I assume you believe he is wrong to call for gyms to be kept open. Ditto Mary-Lou with her call for an extended mid-term break, and for pubs to be kept open?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Floppybits wrote: »
    The lockdown is already a farce after the what was revealed today about the track and trace. Its a joke anything the HSE touches is a pile of sh1te.

More importantly the legislation on sealing the mother and babies homes documents for 30 years is ongoing. What an absolute despicable thing to do. All FFG are doing are burying their own culpability in this. Fair play to Holly Cairns for work on this and fighting it in the Dail. Absolute scumbags who vote for this.
    The HSE may have been caught out but the sheer number of cases puts the system under severe pressure. It's back to normal now apparently and they are recruiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

is_that_so wrote: »
    The HSE may have been caught out but the sheer number of cases puts the system under severe pressure. It's back to normal now apparently and they are recruiting.

This is the HSE we are talking about here. They are a shambles. I would take anything they say with a pinch of salt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

"However, it said that it was reassuring that the positivity rate for schools – at 2.3% - was considerably lower than the national positivity rate which is in excess of 7%.

It said that while the increase of Covid-19 cases in the community was leading to more cases in schools, it is important to note that "these cases are not amplified within schools themselves".

The HSE added that mass testing has taken place in a total of 414 schools following public health risk assessments, with more than 10,500 students and staff tested and 246 cases of Covid-19 identified."

It is being spread in schools at one third the rate it is spreading in the community with no evidence that the children are primarily responsible for any spread that does occur in schools.

How do they equate that or research it?
    I'm curious as to how school related cases are deemed to be spread community wise, like when a, student affected in school leaves and goes home or into the community after that.
    Does the community transmission after school count or is it just transmission in the school.?
    Say a student with covid affects one more student, but infects 3 others outside school and the student infected doesn't infect another student but goes home and infects their family who in turn infect others.
    Where is the line that says its not because of school?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Floppybits wrote: »
    This is the HSE we are talking about here. They are a shambles. I would take anything they say with a pinch of salt
    I'm not disputing that but this is what they are saying and there is a logic to 1200 cases a day leading to a huge number of contacts to trace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

And who is davycc:) :)

I did indeed.

So you are replacing:

"Whether or not children spead it as much as adults is irrelevant, the point is they are not spreading it in controlled situations such as schools."

With:

"It is being spread in schools at one third the rate it is spreading in the community with no evidence that the children are primarily responsible for any spread that does occur in schools."

No worries.

• Advertisement

My thoughts exactly Bowie, seems like yesterday one of the FG zealots Green party supporters was in here informing us how "Sinn Fein would view Leo as their main obstacle because of his handling of the pandemic until the nasty FFers got involved"

But a few hours later (and before) anything sh1t happens? Not the govts fault, they can only offer guidelines horse, but you cannot make public follow those guidelines horse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement