Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Why do people coming from France and Italy not have to hotel quarantine yet people coming from Israel, which is streets ahead on vaccine roll out, need quarantine in a hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Why do people coming from France and Italy not have to hotel quarantine yet people coming from Israel, which is streets ahead on vaccine roll out, need quarantine in a hotel?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40255922.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Any of you watching the Prime Time program on the OPW? Looks like savage waste of taxpayer money.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Any of you watching the Prime Time program on the OPW? Looks like savage waste of taxpayer money.

Nah watching newsnight they are doing a piece on the gig economy and the way delivery drivers for amazon are treated.

Care to elaborate for those of us who didn’t watch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Floppybits wrote: »

How is this Donnelly's fault?

It's a booking system, what, should we stop giving out vaccines because some people are gaming the system? Would you ever cop on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Jizique

Been going on for years; nothing new really; Some of the examples go back 40 years like those houses in Cork and Thornton Hall is 15 years ago; nothing ever changes with the waste of taxpayers money

Care to elaborate for those of us who didn’t watch?

It's all detailed right here;

https://www.rte.ie/news/investigations-unit/2021/0401/1207488-how-well-does-the-office-for-public-works-do-its-job/

The OPW is not fit for purpose. Obscene waste. I don't think many are surprised to be honest.

I am expecting 'ah shur they're doing their best and its only a several million here and there' response.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

https://www.rte.ie/news/investigations-unit/2021/0401/1207488-how-well-does-the-office-for-public-works-do-its-job/

The OPW is not fit for purpose. Obscene waste. I don't think many are surprised to be honest.

I am expecting 'ah shur they're doing their best and its only a several million here and there' response.

Who would you suggest might come up with that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Floppybits wrote: »

If you even read your own link, you would realise that Donnelly has no power in this issue and that it was the responsibility of the HSE.

The mud-throwing really needs to step up a gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Regina Doherty is stirred to go out on the defence for the government having had some time off it seems and manages to come out with a phrase that will probably never be forgotten and will always be associated with the FG diluting of historical events:

'800 years of common travel' between Ireland and Britain. :D:D

Still trending and causing mirth almost a day later.

Who would you suggest might come up with that?

The folks that readily accept or turn a blind eye to government waste.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »

Interesting. Months ago, I raised the issue of such legal difficulties with mandatory quarantine yet I was told I didn't know what I was talking about by the advocates of mandatory quarantine. Seems I was right all along.

Regina Doherty is stirred to go out on the defence for the government having had some time off it seems and manages to come out with a phrase that will probably never be forgotten and will always be associated with the FG diluting of historical events:

Did she really say that? :D

That is the most FG thing I've ever heard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

There will be pressure from the public to reopen quicker given that we have the 3rd lowest 14 day incidence rate in the EU and numbers in hospital continue to decline. Hopefully they don't give in to the pressure this time around and the reopening happens at a pace that won't cause significant spikes.

Geez, talk of shooting yourself in the foot! “Allen Morgan comes across as a typical civil servant – understated, serious and dedicated. But he has been unafraid to ruffle feathers at the Office of Public Works, where he was employed for 37 years before retiring as its Managing Valuer in late 2017.
    His bugbear is waste.” Looks like he wasted 37 years!

I’m sure that some of you would only love to see the likes of Rock of Cashel, Cahir Castle, Swiss Cottage, Ormonde Castle, Kilkenny Castle et al fall into ruins? Are you aware of the tourist numbers they attract every year?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Posted the parody response tweet to this absolute clanger earlier, is Regina that deluded or was she playing to a tailored audience?

I'm still laughing. :D

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    There will be pressure from the public to reopen quicker given that we have the 3rd lowest 14 day incidence rate in the EU and numbers in hospital continue to decline. Hopefully they don't give in to the pressure this time around and the reopening happens at a pace that won't cause significant spikes.

Watch those that wanted a harder lockdown and locking up every tourist do a 180 degree spin and start calling for businesses (including tourism) to be let open quicker because it is safe.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    Posted the parody response tweet to this absolute clanger earlier, is Regina that deluded or was she playing to a tailored audience?

I'm still laughing. :D

Regina was doing the partitionist gloss over. Finds it hard to be a republican like Charlie and John Bruton etc. Bless 'em.

Geez, talk of shooting yourself in the foot! “Allen Morgan comes across as a typical civil servant – understated, serious and dedicated. But he has been unafraid to ruffle feathers at the Office of Public Works, where he was employed for 37 years before retiring as its Managing Valuer in late 2017.
    His bugbear is waste.” Looks like he wasted 37 years!

I’m sure that some of you would only love to see the likes of Rock of Cashel, Cahir Castle, Swiss Cottage, Ormonde Castle, Kilkenny Castle et al fall into ruins? Are you aware of the tourist numbers they attract every year?

Fantastic blinkers. You missed the complete substance of the article and threw in some irrelevant whataboutery so don't even bother watching the RTE Investigates program. Better to attack the whistleblower ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

That is the most FG thing I've ever heard :D
    up there with Patrick O'Donovan blaming the IRA for the Dublin and Monaghan Bombing
    Didn't regina say also that Nationalist Victims deserved to be murdered by Loyalist/British Security force scum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    Interesting. Months ago, I raised the issue of such legal difficulties with mandatory quarantine yet I was told I didn't know what I was talking about by the advocates of mandatory quarantine. Seems I was right all along.

You claimed it was a civil liberties issue and it could not be done. You said we wouldn't have enough rooms. You said advocating for hotel quarantine was expecting zero covid. You said there was no point as it's already here...
    You fell silent when it was brought in.
    Now there's an issue not related to your earlier claims you are trying to fudge to make it look like you saw all this coming.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Regina was doing the partitionist gloss over. Finds it hard to be a republican like Charlie and John Bruton etc. Bless 'em.

Were they “Good Republicans”?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

Martin was in breach of Covid guidelines I see at an event, surprised media haven’t made more of it
    https://www.ontheditch.com/taoiseach-micheal-martin-breached-public-health-guidelines-at-prohibited-event-honouring-his-father/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

golfball37 wrote: »
    Martin was in breach of Covid guidelines I see at an event, surprised media haven’t made more of it

...and a second whistleblower has stepped forward in the Heather Humphries, Minister for Justice, - Animal cruelty & welfare case according to Times this morning.

Covid has been the great revealer with respect to Irish politics/society.

The next election will be epic.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    ...and a second whistleblower has stepped forward in the Heather Humphries, Minister for Justice, - Animal cruelty & welfare case according to Times this morning.

Any link to that story Fann Linn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

golfball37 wrote: »
    https://www.ontheditch.com/taoiseach-micheal-martin-breached-public-health-guidelines-at-prohibited-event-honouring-his-father/

From 1 December, under Level 3, as set out in the Plan for Living with COVID-19:

- weddings with up to 25 guests are permitted (same as current provisions)
    - funerals with up to 25 mourners are permitted (same as current provisions)
    - no organised indoor events should take place, other than as provided

It's in clear breach of the rules. We shall see over the weekend if the story grows legs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement