Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,451 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

It is referencing just one other thing this government is trying to do, today, in the Dáil.

Again what has any of this got to do with the discussion we were having?

Maybe you can reply in a genuine way, how do you see an alternative government formed with SD+SF and what would your preference be?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

john4321 wrote: »

Maybe you can reply in a genuine way, how do you see an alternative government formed with SD+SF and what would your preference be?

It has been mentioned on and off all day as the debate was happening in the Dáil.

I think an alternate government will include FF or FG but not both. The game is up on the power swap. We won't see another FF/FG government the way this one is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

It is referencing just one other thing this government is trying to do, today, in the Dáil. Couldn't be anymore relevant to a 'government' thread.

It is relevant to the discussion when threw in your "i will sleep better tonight line because SF may not get into power and I pointed out due to this government victims of the mother and child homes won't be sleep well tonight. I could also point to the 250,000 other people who won't be sleeping easy tonight when their jobs are gone after midnight all due to this government. Your I'm alright Jack attitude is sickening.

It has been mentioned on and off all day as the debate was happening in the Dáil.

I think an alternate government will include FF or FG but not both. The game is up on the power swap. We won't see another FF/FG government the way this one is going.

Do you think SF could\should go into government with FF or FG? Would you have a preference if they do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Great answer thanks for taking the time to reply.

I will sleep better tonight knowing SF will never have the numbers to form a government based on it.

Its sad that your only concern for the Irish public is literally anything is okay once its not SF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Do you think SF could\should go into government with FF or FG? Would you have a preference if they do?

In an ideal world none of them. To me all 3 are as bad as each other.

Bowie wrote: »
    Its sad that your only concern for the Irish public is literally anything is okay once its not SF.

If you could show me where I said that please do.

I asked a simple question and you replied with nonsense about bingo callers etc.

Floppybits wrote: »
    In an ideal world none of them. To me all 3 are as bad as each other.

What is your solution then? How do you form a stable government?

smurgen wrote: »
    Can anyone translate this from spin to non spin?

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1318982223568248837?s=19

I don't recognise the movie he's quoting.

Proof read that, I'm sure I'm reading it wrong:)

Likely. Sure whatever helps you dodge discussing FF/FG ;)

• Advertisement

Has a single word in your post got anything to do with what we were discussing?

The poster said they would like to see a SD + SF government I asked who they would chose to make up the additional 38 seats required to form a government.

The answer I got back was "The local Bingo regulars, Covid willing. Any adults. A random selection."

Now you reply with more nonsense about me being a government supporter and a tragic situation that happened 30 years ago.

TBF we were discussing the governments handling of covid so I wouldn't be so quick to be critical of people disinterested in the usual SF rabbit hole or arsery about the north .

My point was I'd take anybody willing to heed health experts over FF/FG. Your response was some shyte about SF.

SF should go into government with whosoever they can agree a programme of government with.

No preference for me as long as the power swap is finally ended.

TBF we were discussing the governments handling of covid so I wouldn't be so quick to be critical of people disinterested in the usual SF rabbit hole are arsery about the north .

My point was I'd take anybody willing to heed health experts if FF/FG. Your response was some shyte about SF.

Well thats not true is it?

My question was a very simple one or so I thought.

"Just on the etc. part who would you like to see make up the 38 seats required to form a government?"

We were discussing how the government are handling covid not the seating in a fantasy football government.

Well thats not true is it?

My question was a very simple one or so I thought.

"Just on the etc. part who would you like to see make up the 38 seats required to form a government?"

What's not true?
    You can't pose a question and dictate how the thread goes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

SF should go into government with whosoever they can agree a programme of government with.

So without FF or FG. That'll be quite a challenge.

Do you think Sf could agree a program of government with either party?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

What's not true?

The poster is asking quite a simple question if you could give him the decency of a straight answer.

Whats this got to do with the governments handling of covid?

What's not true?
    You can't pose a question and dictate how the thread goes

You said "Your response was some shyte about SF."

That's the part thats not true I asked a direct question about how you you see a government being formed thats all.

• Advertisement

Whats this got to do with the governments handling of covid?

Nothing I didn't mention Covid I was asking a different question and don't see why you replied with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

That's the part thats not true I asked a direct question about how you you see a government being formed thats all.

Change your password John, someone hacked your account.

I will sleep better tonight knowing SF will never have the numbers to form a government based on it.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Change your password John, someone hacked your account.

Thanks for quoting me out of turn. Any opinion yourself on the post you quoted or just jumping in for the sake of it?

How do you see a government formation with SD, SF and the extras required?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Thanks for quoting me out of turn. Any opinion yourself on the post you quoted or just jumping in for the sake of it?

How do you see a government formation with SD, SF and the extras required?

Don't be trying shyte with me John, I've been around too many corners for that auld hand. :D

You claimed this.

Yet here's the sequence of posts that proves it's you that's being carless with the truth.

Just on the etc. part who would you like to see make up the 38 seats required to form a government?
    2 (note the reply mentions nothing whatsoever about SF)
    The local Bingo regulars, Covid willing. Any adults. A random selection. I only ask they put the public first and take advice from professionals.
    3 (your reply does however*)

*Unless of course you didn't reply, which is why I advise changing the password sir.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Don't be trying shyte with me John, I've been around too many corners for that auld hand. :D

You claimed this.

Yet here's the sequence of posts that proves it's you that's being carless with the truth.

2 (note the reply mentions nothing whatsoever about SF)

3 (your reply does however*)

*Unless of course you didn't reply, which is why I advise changing the password sir.

The first post I replied to was this:

Yes, I'd take myself, the SD's, SF etc. or a chance on some random folk waiting on the bus over and above these incompetents. If it's making a bad deal for the tax payer they know all the angles seemingly. Get them to govern and they are out of their depth.
    You hiding behind other parties doesn't improve the record of FF/FG on tackling Covid now does it?
    I gave my view. No need for me to check any party line before I give it either.

I didn't bring up SF at all, I asked a question on who would make up the government including SD and SF.

Why not?

The only thing in the way would be the penchant of the power swap of using smaller parties.

I believe if SF hold their support that there is a new game in town. And I think the actions of FF and FG in the previous government and this one shows that is what they are afraid off.

Why not?

The only thing in the way would be the penchant of the power swap of using smaller parties.

I believe if SF hold their support that there is a new game in town. And I think the actions of FF and FG in the previous government and this one shows that is what they are afraid off.

If they hold their support which is currently very similar to the two other large parties how is it a new game in town?

This was what I originally questioned the other poster, how do you see a formation of government?

Do you see SF take 20% of the FF vote put them into the driving seat?

The poster is asking quite a simple question if you could give him the decency of a straight answer.

I doubt he will.

Yes. We were discussing covid and you questions to lead us to SF.

• Advertisement

Nothing I didn't mention Covid I was asking a different question and don't see why you replied with this.

Because we were discussing covid. You posed a SF question then was critical of someone for not addressing your SF line.

Do you think FF/FG are doing a good job? Do you think if people are critical they should be able to discuss it without people trying to change the subject?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement