Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭CarProblem

March 9th 2020. Clueless and rudderless then, clueless and rudderless since (awaits derogatory comment about Mick Caul rather than addressing the issues raised)

And btw the "twitter dump" is an extract from Claire Byrne back over a year ago

https://twitter.com/caulmick/status/1237159133800955905

CarProblem wrote: »
    March 9th 2020. Clueless and rudderless then, clueless and rudderless since (awaits derogatory comment about Mick Caul rather than addressing the issues raised)

Mick Caul is an expert in what exactly?

• Site Banned Posts: 71 ✭✭TheTruth21

https://twitter.com/LeftistDad/status/1382609137926803461?s=19

Taoisech doesn't want to tell his cabinet what's happening in case they leak. Leo well ive something to tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,415 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

CarProblem wrote: »

As predicted! :D

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,156 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

He is asking questions. Expertise is not required to ask a question.

• Advertisement

Did you watch the clip and have an opinion on it or deflecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

As predicted! :D

Didn't take long. :D

He is asking questions. Expertise is not required to ask a question.

Anyone can ask questions. Does he offer any answers/solutions?

No idea, I wasn't listening to him. I was listening to Dr. Carmen Regan.

The exact same thing happened a while back, him posiing a newspaper article confirming the answer to a question posed on one of these threads. People ignored the actual content (not written by Mick Caul) and focused on him

Deflection

I don't know but usually if someone is asking a question it is be because they are looking for an answer, If they knew the answer/solution then surely they wouldn't need to ask the question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,551 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

TheTruth21 wrote: »
    Irish Times journalist Mark Paul on The tonight show stated it. For people who defend the Govt on everything, they seem to not see any interviews, political shows etc and ask for proof. Il expect you to shy away from discussion now

Hotels owned by the hotel group can be viewed here https://www.tifcohotels.ie/

The only 4 hotels currently in use can be found here https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/3b8e1-mandatory-hotel-quarantine-your-questions-answered/#hotel-and-services
    ALL IN DUBLiN

The Crowne Plaza Dublin Airport
    The Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
    Clontarf Castle Hotel
    The Hard Rock Hotel Dublin City Centre

These are opinions my friend, nothing more, nothing less.

What folk here need to understand is that, now more than ever, there is a coterie out there anxious to capitalize on the pandemic usually by tossing out what some would refer to as ‘garbage’ .

There are several ‘journalists’ out there who’s only role is to try to increase sales by horsing up random rubbish and dressing it up as ‘fact’.

Don’t be one of those, dude.

Not a nice look.

Why would you require somebody asking questions to have the answers/solutions?

That's just a typical arrogant way of stopping questions being asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,551 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Why would you require somebody asking questions to have the answers/solutions?

That's just a typical arrogant way of stopping questions being asked.

Certainly not working for the the Govt, Francois.

Everything being questioned by the Shinners and Trots.

No solutions put forward for anything.

Sorry.....I err........”Tax the Rich”...”Nationlise it”. :D

Certainly not working for the the Govt, Francois.

Everything being questioned by the Shinners and Trots.

No solutions put forward for anything.

Sorry.....I err........”Tax the Rich”...”Nationlise it”. :D

Sorry....err...that's the opposition's job Brendi.

These are opinions my friend, nothing more, nothing less.

What folk here need to understand is that, now more than ever, there is a coterie out there anxious to capitalize on the pandemic usually by tossing out what some would refer to as ‘garbage’ .

There are several ‘journalists’ out there who’s only role is to try to increase sales by horsing up random rubbish and dressing it up as ‘fact’.

Don’t be one of those, dude.

Not a nice look.

Deflect Deflect Deflect Deflect

The Govt failed the people by failing to introduce Mandotary Quarantine as recommended by the Health Experts.
    Nobody else is to blame here. 4 hotels set up 4, we have 150,000 hotel rooms in Ireland and less than 3 weeks since it began all rooms are full.

The chaos continues

Floppybits wrote: »
    I don't know but usually if someone is asking a question it is be because they are looking for an answer, If they knew the answer/solution then surely they wouldn't need to ask the question.

Or maybe they don’t like the answers they are getting. Someone who is obviously anti government tweeting their views isn’t discussion.

I’m sure that I’ve mentioned before that I’ve a tendency to ignore Twitter dumps. They tend to be mindless drivel dumped by posters who have no opinions of their own.

Did somebody say the 'adults' were running the show? :) It's like the script for Oliver Callan.

https://twitter.com/sailorchoon/status/1382650510264700931

Deflect Deflect Deflect Deflect

The Govt failed the people by failing to introduce Mandotary Quarantine as recommended by the Health Experts.
    Nobody else is to blame here. 4 hotels set up 4, we have 150,000 hotel rooms in Ireland and less than 3 weeks since it began all rooms are full.

The chaos continues

Pray tell,what use would MHQ have been up untill the UK introduced it?
    How many hotels would we have needed along the Ulster land border?

Not sure why I'm bothering as I'm 99% sure you're one of the aforementioned WUMs but......
    Or maybe they don’t like the answers they are getting. Someone who is obviously anti government tweeting their views isn’t discussion

Maybe they do represent his views, but also the views of the panelist over a year ago. Did you disagree with what she said? Did you even listen to it?
    I’m sure that I’ve mentioned before that I’ve a tendency to ignore Twitter dumps.

You did - strange you didn't ignore this one. You automatically tried to deflect from the point of the clip posted. Do you also ignore RTE, Irish Times, Irish Independent "dumps"? Or do you love the warmth of some government bootlicking, the kind you only get from a Stephen Collins or Pat Leahy article?
    They tend to be mindless drivel dumped by posters who have no opinions of their own.

Is the same not true of RTE, Irish Times, Irish Independent "dumps"? If not, why not? For example the clip I posted - if you can find it in youtube or anywhere else I'll gladly withdraw my "twitter dump" and replace it with another form of linking the clip. The idea of which was to show how clueless the imbeciles we have in government have been since day 1 (hint - I have an opinion of my own. This government is a shambles and FF and FG simply aren't very good at running a country - not now, not ever. My "twitter dump" was referencing a clip from Claire Byrne, in my opinion, backing up this view)

I think twitter links are often sources of information. Sometimes it's people posting links to newspaper articles, interviews etc. What a lot of people don't like it's not the usual government propaganda from the so called "mainstream" media

Did somebody say the 'adults' were running the show? :) It's like the script for Oliver Callan.

https://twitter.com/sailorchoon/status/1382650510264700931

Did we not have people here giving out about opposition playing politics in the middle of a pandemic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,415 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Or maybe they don’t like the answers they are getting. Someone who is obviously anti government tweeting their views isn’t discussion.

I’m sure that I’ve mentioned before that I’ve a tendency to I Twitter dumps. They tend to be mindless drivel dumped by posters who have no opinions of their own.

Ah yes, around and around we go...the substance of the Twitter link was a video from RTE's Claire Byrne live. Did you watch it?
    I can just picture you watching the Six One news and putting your fingers in your ears when the government is being criticised. :)

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Ah yes, around and around we go...the substance of the Twitter link was a video from RTE's Claire Byrne live. Did you watch it?
    I can just picture you watching the Six One news and putting your fingers in your ears when the government is being criticised. :)

Nah can't be substance in a "twitter dump" - only the IT and RTE (#TruthMatters) are reliable. This is true of "twitter dumps" even when the link is referencing an IT/RTE article/clip/story

Pray tell,what use would MHQ have been up untill the UK introduced it?
    How many hotels would we have needed along the Ulster land border?

There has been no international flights into Belfast for quite a period now. We could share passanger info with the North but we decided to ignore there emails about that.

There has been no international flights into Belfast for quite a period now. We could share passanger info with the North but we decided to ignore there emails about that.

For most of the last year anyone could come into the Republic from anywhere in the world via the North, so MHQ would not have worked without closing the Ulster land border
    Its that simple

For most of the last year anyone could come into the Republic from anywhere in the world via the North, so MHQ would not have worked without closing the Ulster land border
    Its that simple

The Govt never tried to make it work, now they have done it they opened 4 hotels with just over 300 rooms which is full after 3 weeks.
    We have 150,000 hotel rooms in the country.

Great planning indeed

How are the government here going to keep this lockdown going with the news from Northern Ireland that they will be relaxing restrictions quicker that here over the next few weeks. Going to be a lot of folks traveling North.

How are the government here going to keep this lockdown going with the news from Northern Ireland that they will be relaxing restrictions quicker that here over the next few weeks. Going to be a lot of folks traveling North.

Well judging by the cars in Bundoran today, its them coming down here and our Gardai not able to do anything or not wanting to do anything

Well judging by the cars in Bundoran today, its them coming down here and our Gardai not able to do anything or not wanting to do anything

It will be going the other way when hair dressers and retail open up towards the end of the month or sooner.

https://www.thejournal.ie/northern-ireland-stormont-easing-restrictions-5410324-Apr2021/

The Govt never tried to make it work, now they have done it they opened 4 hotels with just over 300 rooms which is full after 3 weeks.
    We have 150,000 hotel rooms in the country.

Great planning indeed
    Its stupid to be fair

• Advertisement

It will be going the other way when hair dressers and retail open up towards the end of the month or sooner.

https://www.thejournal.ie/northern-ireland-stormont-easing-restrictions-5410324-Apr2021/

Maybe our Govt will take the emails with offers to help eachother out a bit more serious now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement