Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Truthvader wrote: »
    Oh Please, spare everyone your phoney sensitivity

I have said this before and I will say it again. I have a family member who has special needs whose whole life has been spent being equated with stupidity.

What you said is offensive when you could just as easily have used another word or metaphor.

Up to yourself how you wish to come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I have said this before and I will say it again. I have a family member who has special needs whose whole life has been spent being equated with stupidity.

What you said is offensive when you could just as easily have used another word or metaphor.

Up to yourself how you wish to come across.

It's telling that those who call others murderers, terrorists, scum will also call people they disagree with as special needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Odd that you seemed to be fierce outraged by someone commenting on Leo's weight, but I guess "special needs" doesn't cross your outrage barometer.

The fact you would even consider someone being "phoney" for taking offence at you describing someone as "special needs" speaks volumes tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Apparently he is but as usual the crooked Sinn Fein Propaganda Ministry has been instructed to spread a malicious story that there is some ridiculous cover up because "Fat Leo" or FF/FG have a secret plan to protect the Catholic Church no matter what etc etc.

A stupid lie which they know to be untrue - though the "special needs" wing of the party are probably thick enough to swallow it

Wow that is a nasty and insulting post there. And look who liked it, yet if someone who is critical or not a supporter of this government used language like was used in this report you and the person that liked the post would be giving out about.

I am sure you can reply without have to resort to using phrases like you used in that post and Blanch I would have expected a bit more from you. Disgusting liking a post like that.

grayzer75 wrote: »
    But all the tennis clubs in D4 are open, fair play Simon......

Just seen an announcement there at lunch time that all tennis clubs have to close immediately on instruction from Sport Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Floppybits wrote: »
    Wow that is a nasty and insulting post there. And look who liked it, yet if someone who is critical or not a supporter of this government used language like was used in this report you and the person that liked the post would be giving out about.

I am sure you can reply without have to resort to using phrases like you used in that post and Blanch I would have expected a bit more from you. Disgusting liking a post like that.

Thanks analysis means nothing.

blanch152 wrote: »

And there you go again turning a blind eye when it suits you. So you have no problem with the Truthvadar using the insulting term "special needs"? You see nothing wrong with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Yes, relative to other countries, FF/FG are doing a good job in controlling Covid.

We are seeing record numbers all over the place, all over Europe, France in a bad way, we are seeing two weeks of cases in Northern Ireland not being contact-traced, we are seeing Poland doubling cases, all over the place, there are countries doing far worse.

It is an incredibly naive position to expect Ireland, with a Common Travel Area with the UK, to eliminate the virus when such a mess is being made over there.

Completely agree. Who made such a suggestion?
    On your other point, yes we should have an all island quarantine and not risk health to appease unionists.

Self serving excuses again.

Come on blanch, most of us work hard not to demean people with special needs or for their physical looks, on here. A bit of support in trying to have some common decency isn't going to kill you. Call it out, it was an unnecessary offensive remark.

You can't move the goalposts like that.

The poster accused the Greens of covering up past sins. You agreed with him.

I just gave you both a lesson in history. No more, no less, correcting the facts. Are you going to accept that the Greens are not covering up their past?

The Green's are now complicit with FF/FG in covering up the past.

• Advertisement

Why? Are the dissidents launching a party that might be more attractive to you?

A FG/Lab senator forming a party?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Apparently he is but as usual the crooked Sinn Fein Propaganda Ministry has been instructed to spread a malicious story that there is some ridiculous cover up because "Fat Leo" or FF/FG have a secret plan to protect the Catholic Church no matter what etc etc.

A stupid lie which they know to be untrue - though the "special needs" wing of the party are probably thick enough to swallow it

Mod

Dont post in this thread again.

Less than 24hrs ago....
    As you well know, because you thanked the post, the first to raise qualifications of politicians was this poster who in defending Pearse, claimed he was different to the Minister for Higher Education.

:pac:

grayzer75 wrote: »
    I'd say it's the rushing through of the 'Commission of Investigation (Mother and Baby Homes and Certain Related Matters) Records Bill 2020' which all the government parties were happy to vote through the Seanad and now O'Gorman is under pressure from the public and backtracking.

There's your link:
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40064072.html

O'Gorman has just said in the Dail to a question posed by Holly Cairns that he will not be accepting any amendments to the bill. The Greens doing the dirty work for FFG. They will now join FFG on the ballot sheet of not getting any preference from me.

https://twitter.com/caulmick/status/1319288959210381314

When any coalition or party gets in other than FF/FG, there'll be some amount of dirt found I imagine. The Siteserv investigation might even come to a close.

Bowie wrote: »
    When any coalition or party gets in other than FF/FG, there'll be some amount of dirt found I imagine. The Siteserv investigation might even come to a close.

Will be a good time to be into paper shredding I reckon. :)

Whats the point in the debate if the minister is not going to accept any amendments from the opposition. Have to say am more impressed by Holly Cairns each day. If only the SD party would grow some more it might offer a viable alternative to FF FG and the Greens

Whats the point in the debate if the minister is not going to accept any amendments from the opposition. Have to say am more impressed by Holly Cairns each day. If only the SD party would grow some more it might offer a viable alternative to FF FG and the Greens

People like Holly Cairns would give ya hope for Irish politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

smurgen wrote: »

What kind of hope?

In what way, what kind of contribution, what impact would she make?

She has been impressive the last few days. There have been a few others as well but she has kinda stood out. Especially today, wasting no time and asks the Minister is he going to accept amendments after her time being wasted on the forestry debate.

• Advertisement

She has been impressive the last few days. There have been a few others as well but she has kinda stood out. Especially today, wasting no time and asks the Minister is he going to accept amendments after her time being wasted on the forestry debate.

Impressive in what way, I wouldn’t seriously feel “asking questions” would be over impressive.

We need people who get things done, asking questions duddn’t butter any parsnips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Stephen Donnelly was the great hope during the water crisis, the lads crucifiying him now hung on his every word at that time!

What kind of hope?

In what way, what kind of contribution, what impact would she make?

You seem animated. Disappointed that people have hope maybe? Aren't you normally giving out about people whinging?

You seem animated. Disappointed that people have hope maybe? Aren't you normally giving out about people whinging?

And the question was...........

Stephen Donnelly was the great hope during the water crisis, the lads crucifiying him now hung on his every word at that time!

Makes sense when you have principles and opinions not tied to a party. He screwed over the SD voters and joined FF of all parties. Now he's floundering. Makes sense to be critical. Doesn't take away from his Irish Water views. There's no need to be all in. Society is complex.

I think Roderic O'Gorman has just destroyed the Green party this evening. He was a disgrace in the Dail today.

I think Roderic O'Gorman has just destroyed the Green party this evening. He was a disgrace in the Dail today.

They would have been better off keeping the head down, (like Eamo ;)). They'd be decimated again next election but might have garnered a little bump for the one after.

Bowie wrote: »
    They would have been better off keeping the head down, (like Eamo ;)). They'd be decimated again next election but might have garnered a little bump for the one after.

In the debates about this legislation not one women from the Government spoke on it in the Dail. They were hiding because they know it is wrong but to keep their seat on the gravy they hid like cowards.

More incompetence from nursing home owners.

How are the HSE or the government responsible for spreading it to 26 out of 28 residents? That is on the nursing home.

Government. Here's the government offering support. Support that now seems to have failed.

From the Government website:

"significant systems and structures to facilitate the support of private and voluntary nursing homes have been put in place by the HSE and HIQA and have developed considerably over the past number of months. These non-financial supports come in the form of the supply of PPE, temporary accommodation for nursing home staff and through the HSE’s Crisis Response Teams including deployment of HSE staff. There is also considerable amount of support in the form of telephone support, infection prevention and control support and Public Health support provided to nursing homes"

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/a3d4a-minister-for-health-announces-extension-to-the-covid-19-temporary-assistance-payment-scheme/

• Advertisement

Greens just put the final nail in their own coffins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement