Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    Greens just put the final nail in their own coffins.

Didn't we get cycle lanes!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Greens just put the final nail in their own coffins.
    Absolutely....what are they playing at?!

They aren't making the same mistakes as the last time they were in government.... they are taking it to a whole new level!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

gmisk wrote: »
    Absolutely....what are they playing at?!

They aren't making the same mistakes as the last time they were in government.... they are taking it to a whole new level!

They have gone full FF/FG now, no turning back for them. I'm sure Michael and Leo will throw them a few scraps from the table for being little boys and girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Another shameful day for this despicable government. FF/FG have caused more hurt and anguish to the women from the mother & baby homes.
    Disgusting.

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/1022/1173326-mother-baby-home/
    The Government has won a key Dáil vote on its controversial mother-and-baby home legislation by the substantial margin of 78 votes to 67.

However, Opposition parties have strongly criticised both the Bill and the Government's refusal to accept any amendments.

Ms Cairns said the Government had voted through a bill "without proper pre-legislative scrutiny and without input from survivors".

"We are talking about the most serious kinds of human rights violations - missing children, forced disappearances, illegal adoption and so much more horrific systematic institutional abuse," she said.

"The mother and baby homes commission was formed in light of the discovery of 800 dead children and babies in a misused septic tank," Ms Cairns added.

Hang your heads in shame those people that voted for this bill.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Will the Greens cause a massive revolt by mainly women after today's event in the Dáil?

As a poster here might say, 'There's a lot of anger out there'. And the thing is, worryingly for the Greens and the government, it is genuine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Will the Greens cause a massive revolt by mainly women after today's event in the Dáil?

As a poster here might say, 'There's a lot of anger out there'. And the thing is, worryingly for the Greens and the government, it is genuine.

Its a strong enough issue to bring down this rabble of me feiners IMO.
    Parade for RIC murders and now this? We haven't progressed, we're stagnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

So all the rest wasn't genuine.
    It barely gets a mention in the media this morning.
    However I'd share concerns over this and if the records of the inquiry are indeed sealed its a disgrace.
    But the minister disputes that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

However I'd share concerns over this and if the records of the inquiry are indeed sealed its a disgrace.

Ye wha:confused:

It's being discussed on morning Ireland right this minute.

Trending on Twitter. https://twitter.com/hashtag/UnsealTheArchive?s=09

Indo
    https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/everyone-is-distraught-mother-and-seven-month-old-son-dead-after-a-heartbreaking-family-tragedy-39658184.html

Examiner
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40069511.html

RTE
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1023/1173378-mother-and-baby-homes/

I don't listen to radio in the morning, I'll concede to your knowledge on this.
    Glancing through the papers it's well down the headlines on them.
    The Minister says its about keeping the records open and his legislation ensures that, as without it the commission is legally bound to delete the files.
    Seems, there's a few spitting daggers because their particular amendments weren't considered.
    Playing politics perhaps themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The Minister says its about keeping the records open and his legislation ensures that, as without it the commission is legally bound to delete the files.
    Seems, there's a few spitting daggers because their particular amendments weren't considered.

Are those personally effected by it playing politics too? Survivors are saying they cannot access their files as it is. Now it seems like AG shaky legal advice is being used to say that GDPR , EU Law doesn't apply to these files.

https://twitter.com/BiddyEarly/status/1319405524643885059?s=19

• Advertisement

"Playing politics" ye wha? The opposition are doing what an opposition are supposed to be doing, representing the mother's, sons and daughters, siblings and extended families of the people caught up in this, something the minister for children's supposed to be doing.

Also, I didn't realise Boyd Barrett was actually born in a mother and baby's home, maybe he's "playing politics" too bish?

https://twitter.com/aoifegracemoore/status/1319360295085744129?s=19

"Playing politics" ye wha? The opposition are doing what an opposition are supposed to be doing, representing the mother's, sons and daughters, siblings and extended families of the people caught up in this, something the minister for children's supposed to be doing.

Also, I didn't realise Boyd Barrett was actually born in a mother and baby's home, maybe he's "playing politics" too bish?

https://twitter.com/aoifegracemoore/status/1319360295085744129?s=19

Perhaps you can tell me what records exactly can't be accessed?
    Apart from sticking up links to stories, what are we talking about here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Smokescreen from the ‘opposition’ Bish, Rodders has is all under control.

Handing Rachael English her hoop on MI.

Nothing to see here...............every base covered

Move along folks.

Move along folks.

Yes, the Opposition is all over it Brendan, like the covid briefing, can't take the time to be informed. Too busy, just take out the pen and whack out something quick that's opposing the govt for the sake of opposing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Yes, the Opposition is all over it Brendan, like the covid briefing, can't take the time to be informed. Too busy, just take out the pen and whack out something quick that's opposing the govt for the sake of opposing it.

Got it in one Bish, that’s the modus operandi unfortunately, start roaring and shouting from the benches while those who get things done...well.... get things done.

Are you seriously telling me you don't know what the whole thing is about, and that you jumped in blindly just to defend, accuse people (including Boyd Barrett) of "playing politics" - try to suggesting "there's nothing in the media" about it and you need someone to explain things to you? Away and shyte. Not playing that game.

Also whinging about someone actually posting a link covering the topic being discussed, well that's certainly a new one on me.

Also whinging about someone actually posting a link covering the topic being discussed, well that's certainly a new one on me.

What's this one now? You can't post a link covering a topic being discussed sure like this government that makes no sense. Have they tried to point the fingers are others now, usually it is SF fault?

Oh yeah remember yesterday Stephen Donnelly standing up in the Dail and saying that they can't be picking a choosing what sports are to keep open and what to close well guess what they are allowing coaching for Junior tennis players today. Its like the hokey cokey with this government.

Move along folks.

Hmmmm once again Brendi seems to have been listening to a different radio to everyone else.

Michael Lehane disagrees.

https://twitter.com/Michael_O_Regan/status/1319540670814617600

• Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

This has been shown to be utter nonsense. The 2004 act allows the commission to pass any important data they have to the department.

Simple amendments would have cleared this up quickly but oh no...

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Got it in one Bish, that’s the modus operandi unfortunately, start roaring and shouting from the benches while those who get things done...well.... get things done.

The only things getting done is a shower of ignorant fools going against the wishes of victims of state sponsored abuse which their parties presided over for decades and are doing their best to cover up.

FF + FG + Catholic Church = State Sponsored Abuse & Cover Up

We won't have to worry about Sleepy Ryan and his useless shower of f**cks come the next election because they will be wiped out thankfully. They had the opportunity to make change from within but chose to bend over for FFG instead. It's as if they didn't learn their lessons from the past. Gobsh1tes.

• Advertisement

grayzer75 wrote: »
    They had the opportunity to make change from within but chose to bend over for FFG instead. It's as if they didn't learn their lessons from the past. Gobsh1tes.

Ah look as long as that cycle lane gets built in the middle of nowhere it will be worth it.

Are you seriously telling me you don't know what the whole thing is about, and that you jumped in blindly just to defend, accuse people (including Boyd Barrett) of "playing politics" - try to suggesting "there's nothing in the media" about it and you need someone to explain things to you? Away and shyte. Not playing that game.

I know well, but I seen OGormans response to it.
    As I asked, outline what is being sealed that can't be accessed for 30 years.
    The Minister has clearly said that that's not the case.
    As for Boyd Barrett pfff.

Nope. Not going to work this time. Government hiding behind officialdom and shaky legal advice to suit their own agenda. Problem is there are legal teams without political leaning after pointing out the inconsistencies the the government spiel. This has been a grave error on their part.

smurgen wrote: »
    Nope. Not going to work this time. Government hiding behind officialdom and shaky legal advice to suit their own agenda. Problem is there are legal teams without political leaning after pointing out the inconsistencies the the government spiel. This has been a grave error on their part.

What legal advice is that?
    I know the Minister acted on the AG advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

What legal teams? I have only found one, and it's not a team. And that was a response and hardly picked out inconsistencies either.

I've read a lot of media reports on this and hardly any of them have a grasp of what is happening. And it is this reporting that has driven much of the madness. I see Blindboy going wild on Twitter and Hot Press. The lad has hardly taken the time from online gaming to research the issue properly. He has gone full-retard on it.

This issue is too important to be used as a stick to revenge the Greens over bicycle lanes. I think people should take some time to read the bill and debate from the Senate. And then read the government position and responses, and then make a decision. It all takes time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You spend enough money, you can buy a lawyer to tell you anything.

blanch152 wrote: »
    You spend enough money, you can buy a lawyer to tell you anything.

Are you talking about the government here? Because if so I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Are you talking about the government here? Because if so I agree.

No, I am talking about your lone voice in the wilderness who says there is an alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

In about an hour, from this..

To this..

The opposition are doing their job. The government are not. Aside from covering their arses and covering up anything that might damage their (FF/FG) reputations, the government are supposed to be representing the public on all things. FF/FG don't work like that it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

grayzer75 wrote: »
    The only things getting done is a shower of ignorant fools going against the wishes of victims of state sponsored abuse which their parties presided over for decades and are doing their best to cover up.

FF + FG + Catholic Church = State Sponsored Abuse & Cover Up

We won't have to worry about Sleepy Ryan and his useless shower of f**cks come the next election because they will be wiped out thankfully. They had the opportunity to make change from within but chose to bend over for FFG instead. It's as if they didn't learn their lessons from the past. Gobsh1tes.

Irish Green party is all about not making change, anyone with any environmental leanings are told they must join or support the Green party if they want to make change but they are in fact making sure nothing changes, Greens will talk about sustainability and biodiversity and insulating Blarney castle all day but the reality is all they want is money, They are nothing but backward Tories with no interest in anything but cash, the FFGers know that the shine of a few random grants is enough to entice the Green followers of Mammon, business as usual

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement