Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

As always the detail of these polls are interesting.

530560.jpg

Most of FG gains coming from disgruntled FF voters with a very high undecided rate.

Seems to me FF, as predicted, are losing their core support and 16-18% are looking for a new home.

As they say, all to play for. And as I have been saying, I don't really care which of these two of the power swap decline...as long as they do decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Wasn't Harris a big defender of the flights in and didn't they play down the need to checks?

https://twitter.com/colettebrowne/status/1320322981084745728?s=19

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

smurgen wrote: »
    Wasn't Harris a big defender of the flights in and didn't they play down the need to checks?

https://twitter.com/colettebrowne/status/1320322981084745728?s=19

Testing at the airports was not needed or wouldnt help was what we were told.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

As always the detail of these polls are interesting.

530560.jpg

Most of FG gains coming from disgruntled FF voters with a very high undecided rate.

Seems to me FF, as predicted, are losing their core support and 16-18% are looking for a new home.

As they say, all to play for. And as I have been saying, I don't really care which of these two of the power swap decline...as long as they do decline.

So it's fair to conclude that SF has lost voters too, since they have gained from FF and their share is still stagnant.
    As I said it looks like FG are all that can take anything positive out of this poll.

So it's fair to conclude that SF has lost voters too, since they have gained from FF and their share is still stagnant.
    As I said it looks like FG are all that can take anything positive out of this poll.

Well if facing another period in coalition is a positive, yes, take all the positives you want.
    What FG would have been hoping for (and their attack on SF would indicate this) is something in the mid 40's as a result of FF's slump. Not happening by the looks of it.

• Advertisement

Well if facing another period in coalition is a positive, yes, take all the positives you want.
    What FG would have been hoping for (and their attack on SF would indicate this) is something in the mid 40's as a result of FF's slump. Not happening by the looks of it.

OK, but that works both ways surely.
    FG are up to first from third, SF are stagnant FF are down, no other major change.
    If you were analysing this from a neutral perspective, which would you think had the most to be pleased about from this poll, and be honest.

FG are up to first from third, SF are stagnant FF are down, no other major change.
    If you were analysing this from a neutral perspective, which would you think had the most to be pleased about from this poll, and be honest.

No, FG are up 2 from the last Red C poll, when they were in the lead as well.

Actual election results are not being compared here...that is being dis-ingenuous if not stupidly triumphant.

Do you think this is an actual election? :) It's clear you are being anything but 'neutral'.

We'll let you get the triumphalism out of your system then maybe we can have a look at the detail.

Actual election results are not being compared here...that is being dis-ingenuous if not stupidly triumphant.

Do you think this is an actual election? :) It's clear you are being anything but 'neutral'.

We'll let you get the triumphalism out of your system then maybe we can have a look at the detail.

Sure I said all that earlier, keep up will ya.

Sure I said all that earlier, keep up will ya.

No, you said FG were up from third to first.

They were 3rd in the election. Again: THIS IS A POLL not an election. Keep up yourself. ;)

We have by all accounts from most of you shinners supporters the worst govt in the history of the state, yet SF support remains stagnant.
    That has to be a kick in the guts.

But that's enough oneupmanship for me.

It's only a poll and there's a considerable time before an election.
    The current pandemic situation is the dominant factor at the moment, its probably what people are offering their opinion on rather than anything else and SF haven't shown leadership much on that, probably the real reason the polls are as they are.
    That's my real opinion on today's poll.

There's my post, you're being totally stupid Francie.
    Going to watch football on da telly, I have much better things to be at today than swapping posts with a blinded shinner.
    As I said your and other responses are totally predictable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Hilarious reading some of the responses here. If we were to believe the armchair experts FG would be down a lot after Varadkar's famous outburst towards NPHET and the subsequent back-pedalling that has ultimately resulted us going into Level 5. Yet they're up 2% and clearly the largest party.

Once again boards is completely unrepresentative of public thinking at large, but sure its the same old few whinging and moaning about everything the Government. The problem with the constant moaning is they don't know what's just the usual opposition criticism and what really is a crisis of competence or governance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Hilarious reading some of the responses here. If we were to believe the armchair experts FG would be down a lot after Varadkar's famous outburst towards NPHET and the subsequent back-pedalling that has ultimately resulted us going into Level 5. Yet they're up 2% and clearly the largest party.

Once again boards is completely unrepresentative of public thinking at large, but sure its the same old few whinging and moaning about everything the Government. The problem with the constant moaning is you don't know what's just the usual opposition criticism and what really is a crisis.

If you believe that poll I got some magic beans to sell to ya buddy.

There's my post, you're being totally stupid Francie.
    Going to watch football on da telly, I have much better things to be at today than swapping posts with a blinded shinner.
    As I said your and other responses are totally predictable.

Here was your most up to date post...the one I responded to. The one in which you let slip that you had crossed the finish line. Keep up the vain attempt to make others look stupid all you wish.
    FG are up to first from third,

Add that to maintaining that SF supporters said 'this is the worst government in the history of the state', and it seems you are away with the triumphalist fairies today Bish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Once again boards is completely unrepresentative of public thinking at large, but sure its the same old few whinging and moaning about everything the Government. The problem with the constant moaning is they don't know what's just the usual opposition criticism and what really is a crisis of competence or governance.

Elections are what matter

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

smurgen wrote: »
    If you believe that poll I got some magic beans to sell to ya buddy.

I'll bite.

What do you think is going on then? Nefarious forces interfering with poling data?

Why is this poll not to be believed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    I hear Denis O’Brien has used his influence to hide it.

You're obsessed with Mr. O'Brien. He's not even involved in the mother and baby homes issue.
    blanch152 wrote: »
    Desperate times require desperate posts.

Indeed....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Getting a little rattled Francie, are we.....calm down, have a cup ‘reality soup’.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Any news on what the margin of error is?

Getting a little rattled Francie, are we.....calm down, have a cup ‘reality soup’.

:D

AH Brendi, typical you would pick me out as be 'rattled' and not the poster comparing a poll performance to an election performance.

Lot of anger today because nobody is bowing down to your party. :)

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Any news on what the margin of error is?

I'd imagine the usual, + or - 3%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

FG trending on Twitter, and not for the reasons they probably want to be tbh. Think this morning's tweet went down like a lead balloon, there's all sorts of tweets, from redacted getting handed deals at tax payers expense, noonan being caught evading tax, to taking the piss from YFG and Trump comparisons.

Whoever is running that Twitter account (and I strongly suspect they walk among us here) needs to have the password changed on them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

McMurphy wrote: »
    FG trending on Twitter, and not for the reasons they probably want to be tbh. Think this morning's tweet went down like a lead balloon, there's all sorts of tweets, from retracted getting handed deals at tax payers expense, noonan being caught evading tax, to taking the piss from YFG and Trump comparisons.

Whoever is running that Twitter account (and I strongly suspect they walk among us here) needs to have the password changed on them:D

You think someone on boards is running the FG twitter account??

Video was cringy IMO, and I have zero problem with what SF did, but it's the very type of thing SF would be roaring "FAIRNESS" to if the shoe was on the other foot.

christy c wrote: »
    You think someone on boards is running the FG twitter account??

Video was cringy IMO, and I have zero problem with what SF did, but it's the very type of thing SF would be roaring "FAIRNESS" to if the shoe was on the other foot.

Sure do. Why does that sound strange to you Christy, do you think normal people don't have social media accounts both private and in work?

I am one of 3 people that have the logins for our company's social media accounts. The "accusing the Shinners of being partitionist's" is more than a little bit familiar to me (and I'm sure others) as almost exclusively "boards talk", and it popped up in the video.

Why would you think that's strange :confused:

Sure do. Why does that sound strange to you Christy, do you think normal people don't have social media accounts both private and in work?

I am one of 3 people that have the logins for our company's social media accounts. The "accusing the Shinners of being partitionist's" is more than a little bit familiar to me (and I'm sure others) as almost exclusively "boards talk", and it popped up in the video.

Why would you think that's strange :confused:

It's possible no doubt, but I don't see the connection.

What did you think of the rest of my post? Do you think this is the type of thing SF would be roaring about if the roles were reversed?

It's possible no doubt, but I don't see the connection.
    I explained why I thought their was a connection.
    What did you think of the rest of my post? Do you think this is the type of thing SF would be roaring about if the roles were reversed?

Meh, it was old news tbh, yeah I've no doubt if the roles were reversed you'd have seen the Shinners highlighting it, that's what happens in politics.

However, there was nothing unlawful about what they did, and let's face it, claiming the Shinners are economically illiterate non stop, and then subsequently releasing a (you say yourself) "cringey video" in which they say they're "Ireland's richest party" was always headed for a PR disaster imo, especially if you yourself have a colourful history of dodgy dealings, corruption and tax evasion.

Glass House/Throw stones etc.

But yeah, I stand by it, I think the twitter handle for that account is probably amongst us here on this site, and the video was another PR flop, they should just give up on the Trumpian style attacks tbh, there's a pandemic atm, and they're releasing brain fart videos that ultimately are only backfiring on themselves.

C'mon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

As Francie said earlier, the numbers are trending towards a Sinn Féin Fine Gael coalition, so everyone here may start to get on
    Finally

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Nobotty wrote: »
    As Francie said earlier, the numbers are trending towards a Sinn Féin Fine Gael coalition, so everyone here may start to get on
    Finally

More inclined to think it's panning out with FG and SF as main two parties and FF relegated down with the 'also rans'.

I explained why I thought their was a connection.

Meh, it was old news tbh, yeah I've no doubt if the roles were reversed you'd have seen the Shinners highlighting it, that's what happens in politics.

However, there was nothing unlawful about what they did, and let's face it, claiming the Shinners are economically illiterate non stop, and then subsequently releasing a (you say yourself) "cringey video" in which they say they're "Ireland's richest party" was always headed for a PR disaster imo, especially if you yourself have a colourful history of dodgy dealings, corruption and tax evasion.

Glass House/Throw stones etc.

But yeah, I stand by it, I think the twitter handle for that account is probably amongst us here on this site, and the video was another PR flop, they should just give up on the Trumpian style attacks tbh, there's a pandemic atm, and they're releasing brain fart videos that ultimately are only backfiring on themselves.

C'mon.

Yeah, I haven't seen the connection as I said.

And I agree a bad PR move. But the whole this is also bad for SF, ranting and raving about fairness, and then doing the same thing when it suits them. You could say all their criticisms of other parties are brain farts and Trumpian style attacks, particularly when they are equally guilty.

But anyway, IMO this is not going to affect your average Joe either way. People who are critical of FG will continue to be, and vice versa. I doubt either parties brain farts have lost them many votes.

Yeah, I haven't seen the connection as I said.

And I agree a bad PR move. But the whole this is also bad for SF, ranting and raving about fairness, and then doing the same thing when it suits them. You could say all their criticisms of other parties are brain farts and Trumpian style attacks, particularly when they are equally guilty.

But anyway, IMO this is not going to affect your average Joe either way. People who are critical of FG will continue to be, and vice versa. I doubt either parties brain farts have lost them many votes.

On the money, and pretty much makes the videos pointless, "more harm than good" stink off of them.

I haven't been online much today due to work commitments, but my guilty pleasure this evening is catching up on the twitter machine enjoying the piss getting torn from YFG and whomever was responsible for the video.

They never seem to learn.

• Advertisement

On the money, and pretty much makes the videos pointless, "more harm than good" stink off of them.

I haven't been online much today due to work commitments, but my guilty pleasure this evening is catching up on the twitter machine enjoying the piss getting torn from YFG and whomever was responsible for the video.

They never seem to learn.

Enjoy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement