Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Bowie wrote: »
    Now who's guiding the Lilly? Ive said no such thing.
    They are protecting the reputation of their parties in covering up. Thats my opinion of it.
    Not incompetent but covering their arses. They succeeded in sweeping it under the carpet. Time will tell how well and for how long.
    Get off your SF kick will you? You are engaging in the very style of 'debate' you claim to dislike.

Thats a conspiracy theory and you've changed the way you said it but it's still what it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

We know it was yes.
    Was it complicit is another story though.
    Definitely it failed in its protection of human beings involved, but did it know what was going on in there, I'm not sure.
    Society in General at the time failed themselves also. The church had too much power.

It was the states fault, that includes society IMO. TBF FF/FG would have supported and covered for the criminality for generations where much of the public would have been unaware.
    The only other possibility is that the church was taking babies and selling them under the nose of the state including Garda which isn't credible as documentation would be used and Garda often present, for generations with no authority or health officials visiting or keeping tabs on children. Not credible nor believable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Nobotty wrote: »
    Thats a conspiracy theory and you've changed the way you said it but it's still what it is

You go quote me accusing this government of condoning child abuse or rape so.
    You are losing the run of yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

What else is what you said in your last post
    I've no time for this nonsense and can't make head or tail of what you're at,or whats your goal with this to be honest and I don't think anyone else does either

• Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Where's your outrage about children been taken away from their parents by the IRA and SF?

Don't those families and kids deserve justice too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Where's your outrage about children been taken away from their parents by the IRA and SF?

Don't those families and kids deserve justice too?

Nice. Both threads yeah? I bet you feel good about yourself.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Niall Collins revealing the government strategy. Seems to be the stock reaction when in trouble.

https://twitter.com/Tupp_Ed/status/1320853947062624257

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Now who's guiding the Lilly? Ive said no such thing.
    They are protecting the reputation of their parties in covering up. Thats my opinion of it.
    Not incompetent but covering their arses. They succeeded in sweeping it under the carpet. Time will tell how well and for how long.
    Get off your SF kick will you? You are engaging in the very style of 'debate' you claim to dislike.

You do realise that you have missed the real story?

The Catholic Church have sold out to Denis O’Brien, giving him options on all the old Mother and Baby homes to build new hotels and 5G masts to poison the local population. FG are covering up for him, not for anyone else.

Niall Collins revealing the government strategy. Seems to be the stock reaction when in trouble.

https://twitter.com/Tupp_Ed/status/1320853947062624257

The fact that Niall Collins is absolutely correct doesn’t bother you?

Nobotty wrote: »
    I don’t think there's any need to go OTT here now
    What went on in the 20s up to the 90s is not something you can judge by todays standards
    If Sinn Féin were the government here in the 1940s,they'd have gone along with it aswell
    No politician today condones it
    The government handled a matter yet again insensitively
    It was a societal problem in the past aided and abetted by the heretics who had control of the Catholic Church and by extension control of political parties here too

What I'm reading here now in this thread is going well beyond over egging of the pudding,gilding the lilly
    This government were stupid
    Maybe they auto piloted this legislation
    But they're still stupid
    Not thinking they should have consulted victims prior to legislating and explaining is agregioussly stupid of them

One thing they're not though, is responsible for what went on in the mother and baby homes
    Suggesting they are or that they are covering up for it is also stupid IMO

Stupid is as stupid does, as Forrest Gump would say.

Several posters on this thread are proving that is correct.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    The fact that Niall Collins is absolutely correct doesn’t bother you?

The people objecting are 'nasty and repulsive' people? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

He didn't say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

He didn't say that.

That's how it reads to me.

IMG-20201027-071642.jpg

McMurphy wrote: »

IMG-20201027-071642.jpg

The word some is in there.
    He is right of course in that as some are at it purely out of political point scoring and that is nasty.

He didn't say that.
    The word some is in there.

"Some" meaning those who are posting anything about the controversy in the online campaign he thinks is "replulsive"?

So he did say it? This is progress.
    He is right of course in that as some are at it purely out of political point scoring and that is nasty.

Is it as nasty as making completely and utterly spurious homophobic and racism claims for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Those 'nasty' survivors are considering legal action according to this morning's Times.

"Some" meaning those who are posting anything about the controversy in the online campaign he thinks is "replulsive"?

So he did say it? This is progress.

Is it as nasty as making completely and utterly spurious homophobic and racism claims for example?

You quoted his email out of context and that is nasty and changing what he said to suit your narrative. Proving Collins point in fact.

If I say there are some nasty people in Ireland for example, I'm right, but it doesn't mean the, Irish people are nasty.
    Grow up.

You quoted his email out of context and that is nasty and changing what he said to suit your narrative. Proving Collins point in fact.

If I say there are some nasty people in Ireland for example, I'm right, but it doesn't mean the, Irish people are nasty.
    Grow up.

Get. Up. The. Yard.

You said, and I quote.
    He didn't say that.

Out of context my backside, here's the whole email, which you obviously didn't read first time, and are now trying to double down on.

IMG-20201027-075902.jpg

Nice to see the Trumpian style posts getting ramped up, though I'll have to deduct a point of you for not posting "fake news, oh boy, fake news".

Grow up.

Still twisting and bending trying to make this go away Bish? You need to call Ireland 'repulsive' there to get near to what Collins said.

He was just engaging in what people like blanch or Tubridy does...when social media goes against them 'it's a cesspit of hate and bots of some variety or other', when it suits, then it is a source of verification.

Still twisting and bending trying to make this go away Bish? You need to call Ireland 'repulsive' there to get near to what Collins said.

He was just engaging in what people like blanch or Tubridy does...when social media goes against them 'it's a cesspit of hate and bots of some variety or other', when it suits, then it is a source of verification.

But none of that changes what he said Francie.
    And at least the link in Mcs post above underlines the some in the post, a bit more grace than Mc allowed in his original reply.

• Advertisement

But none of that changes what he said Francie.
    And at least the link in Mcs post above underlines the some in the post, a bit more grace than Mc allowed in his reply.

So does what he said vindicate the government Bish or is it just a nasty way to deflect attention, blame someone else, in itself?

So does what he said vindicate the government Bish or is it just a nasty way to deflect attention, blame someone else, in itself?

I'm not sure how you mean that.
    It looks like a straight forward email explaining his take on the situation and offering a link to explainer to me.
    If the recipient took exception to that and felt it needed ridicule that's his take on it.
    It wouldn't be mine.

I'm not sure how you mean that.
    It looks like a straight forward email explaining his take on the situation and offering a link to explainer to me.
    If the recipient took exception to that and felt it needed ridicule that's his take on it.
    It wouldn't be mine.

Of course it does. Why would that be news to us, you are inside the circle of wagons after all 'repulsing the repulsive people' online. Nasty work but someone has to do it I suppose.

Of course it does. Why would that be news to us, you are inside the circle of wagons after all 'repulsing the repulsive people' online. Nasty work but someone has to do it I suppose.

Do you accept that there are some nasty people online or not?

Do you accept that there are some nasty people online or not?

Absolutely, lots of them in all shapes and sizes.

I do not accept there is a 'repulsive campaign' around this issue. In actual fact, the campaign, if there is an organised one, is very erudite and fact based if anything. Not to mention deeply deeply sad and distressing too for those most affected.

But...'nasty people in a repulsive campaign criticising us', something something something.

Shocking, like Maryanne, you'd be better off saying nothing Bish than trying to defend it.

Absolutely, lots of them in all shapes and sizes.

I do not accept there is a 'repulsive campaign' around this issue. In actual fact, the campaign, if there is an organised one, is very erudite and fact based if anything. Not to mention deeply deeply sad and distressing too for those most affected.

But...'nasty people in a repulsive campaign criticising us', something something something.

Shocking, like Maryanne, you'd be better off saying nothing Bish than trying to defend it.

"Some" Francie. Small word big meaning, don't forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I see Pauli got a bit job done on the ‘office’..... taxpayers expense.

Anyone see the results?

"Some" Francie. Small word big meaning, don't forget it.

'A repulsive online campaign' of nasty people and trolls and bullies peddling their fake news and lies'

No mention of, or no answer to, the serious, fact based and well communicated conversation taking place online, just woe is me, deflection.

You are defending fairly stock deflection and blame gaming from a member of the government who should know better, and don't forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Get. Up. The. Yard.

You said, and I quote.

Out of context my backside, here's the whole email, which you obviously didn't read first time, and are now trying to double down on.

IMG-20201027-075902.jpg

Nice to see the Trumpian style posts getting ramped up, though I'll have to deduct a point of you for not posting "fake news, oh boy, fake news".

There's been a feeling of Trump off this new government for awhile now. Terrible to see in Irish politics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

He didn't say that.

IMG-20201027-071642.jpg

It seems that some people can’t read.

I can’t find where it says: the people objecting are nasty and repulsive.

He does however say that there is a repulsive online campaign and some nasty people are exploiting the situation - that is not anything like saying that the people objecting are nasty and repulsive.

In fact, he does not say anything about the people objecting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement