Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

McMurphy wrote: »
    Get. Up. The. Yard.

You said, and I quote.

Out of context my backside, here's the whole email, which you obviously didn't read first time, and are now trying to double down on.

IMG-20201027-075902.jpg

Nice to see the Trumpian style posts getting ramped up, though I'll have to deduct a point of you for not posting "fake news, oh boy, fake news".

Actually he did not say that the people objecting are nasty and repulsive.
    Which is what Francie claimed he said.

Francie tried to change what he actually said.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

atticu wrote: »
    It seems that some people can’t read.

I can’t find where it says: the people objecting are nasty and repulsive.

He does however say that there is a repulsive online campaign and some nasty people are exploiting the situation - that is not anything like saying that the people objecting are nasty and repulsive.

In fact, he does not say anything about the people objecting.

So, he ignored the fact that there is a considered, intelligent and compassionate online campaign in favour of the 'fact' that there is a repulsive one.

Please stop trying to dilute what this was. A familiar dog whistle when under pressure to explain...'Oh bullies...bullies and trolls everywhere'.

Ridiculous and not remotely professional response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

3 pages of this
    Predictable

Nobotty wrote: »
    3 pages of this
    Predictable

Handwaving it away. Predictable.

Collins is being pursued for (and so far avoiding) explanation.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40071395.html

What do you think I meant??

• Advertisement

IF mothers and/or children want to be found, there’s nothing stopping them - IF both sides want it. People don’t seem to understand this.

What is being sealed are the testimonies given under guarantee of anonymity.

Yeah but they weren't given under guarantee of that anonymity being impossible to waive for 30 years
    Victims DO NOT want it made harder for their stories to be heard
    Thats how lessons aren't learned

• Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

IF mothers and/or children want to be found, there’s nothing stopping them - IF both sides want it. People don’t seem to understand this.

In the case of illegal/forced adoptions in mother and baby homes, this is blatantly untrue and you know it. You are telling lies.
    Why would you do that? There is no system set up for mothers to contact their forcibly adopted children from mother and baby homes.
    The nuns have refused them personal data for many decades now.

Please take back your mistruth.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

One example, there were plenty on the radio over the past few days

https://extra.ie/2018/06/03/news/real-life/kevin-battle-adopted-from-ireland
    Mr Battle was born in July 1958 the Sean Ross Abbey mother and baby home in Roscrea, Co Tipperary, before being adopted by an American couple who had to donate $1,000 to the order.

Despite making efforts to contact authorities at the home over the decades, he had little success. ‘They told me over and over again that they didn’t know who my mother was or where she was from,’ he said.

However, he said: ‘I spoke to a Sister Hildegard there and she said she knew my mom and gave me a description of my mom as being a very tall, very thin lady. Later on, I found out she was neither tall nor was she really thin.’

After college, he visited Roscrea but received a chilly reception when he said who he was. ‘The lady looked at me and she said: “you’re not welcome, go away don’t come back”, and slammed the door in my face,’ he explained.

Another call he made when he was an adult resulted in him being told his mother was dead. ‘At one point during the conversation, I was talking to somebody there and all of a sudden, she said: “Well, you know that your mother passed away”.

Eventually, Mr Battle made contact with his family who were living in Wales and discovered that he had two brothers and three sisters. He learned that his mother was told he had died in New York when she tried to find him.

The nuns spent years lying to him about hit mother and even told him she was dead. She was looking for him too.

One example, there were plenty on the radio over the past few days

https://extra.ie/2018/06/03/news/real-life/kevin-battle-adopted-from-ireland

The nuns spent years lying to him about hit mother and even told him she was dead. She was looking for him too.

How does witness testimonies help him find his mom though?
    Not locking them away doesn't fix that
    Unless you think victims stories contain details of where every parent is
    They don't

Of course heretic nuns and priests told plenty lies and didn't keep the records
    I think its stupid and pointless to be locking away the testimonies and I think its raised a stupid and pointless and unnecessary hornets nest for this government speaking volumes for their self harming ineptitude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

What if the child is dumped in an unmarked grave or septic tank? How would the mother know?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Your party is falling apart over this, how many resignations now? Were they 'empty vessels'?

Another resignation.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1321047663144566784?s=19

smurgen wrote: »
    What if the child is dumped in an unmarked grave or septic tank? How would the mother know?

She wouldn't, but that has nothing to do with the locked away testimonies
    Its an indictment against heretics and those the heretics indoctrinated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

What else is what you said in your last post
    I've no time for this nonsense and can't make head or tail of what you're at,or whats your goal with this to be honest and I don't think anyone else does either

You've time to spin yarns but no time to back those yarns up, then don't spin them.
    You are being dishonest here. You comment on what I say and then claim you don't understand what I say when asked to quote where your accusations stem from.

blanch152 wrote: »
    You do realise that you have missed the real story?

The Catholic Church have sold out to Denis O’Brien, giving him options on all the old Mother and Baby homes to build new hotels and 5G masts to poison the local population. FG are covering up for him, not for anyone else.

That's the respect you give this? Pleased with yourself? Be interesting to see your next bout of faux outrage when it's a party you're not married to.

Stupid is as stupid does, as Forrest Gump would say.

Several posters on this thread are proving that is correct.

A little bit of..
    Yes, can't debate the issue, so divert to attacking the poster for his political beliefs. I have your number every time.

Go on, make another Denis O'Brien post sure.

That will hurt.

She came 5th in Cork South-Central (4 seats) in GE20.

Sadly predictable and typical to attack people asking questions or seeking debate when FF/FG governance is found wanting, as it often is.

She came 5th in Cork South-Central (4 seats) in GE20.

High profile though.

The 'look' is not good for The Greens at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

3 pages of this
    Predictable

These lads have tried to twist a email that we all can see into something else entirely from what it said.
    What chance do you think any of them have of understanding the legislation or the reasons for it?
    Predictable is right, spoof capital on here by times.

High profile though.

The 'look' is not good for The Greens at the minute.

Yeah I mean she was definitely a contender for a seat there. Where exactly does a Green councillor go when they resign from the party?

Yeah I mean she was definitely a contender for a seat there. Where exactly does a Green councillor go when they resign from the party?

Sinn Féin probably.

These lads have tried to twist a email that we all can see into something else entirely from what it said.
    What chance do you think any of them have of understanding the legislation or the reasons for it?
    Predictable is right, spoof capital on here by times.

You made false accusations and told lies yesterday not even related to the discussion. Then you disappeared for a few hours and came back like nothing happened so forgive me if I take today's efforts to divert debate and attack people because their views differ from your own with a pinch of salt.

Bowie wrote: »
    You made false accusations and told lies yesterday not even related to the discussion. Then you disappeared for a few hours and came back like nothing happened so forgive me if I take today's efforts to divert debate and attack people because their views differ from your own with a pinch of salt.

I work sometimes, never dissappear though.
    Think back there B, not that long ago you and I were having a debate on Heather Humphries, you said she'd be gone by the weekend at that time and next to go would be O Gormáin, that's months ago, not a word on mother and baby homes at that stage, why was that?

Sinn Féin probably.

I doubt that. Possibly SDs or Labour.

Bowie wrote: »
    You've time to spin yarns but no time to back those yarns up, then don't spin them.
    You are being dishonest here. You comment on what I say and then claim you don't understand what I say when asked to quote where your accusations stem from.
    I pointed to your post
    There is zero difference in saying ffg are covering up abuse and saying they're condoning it
    Its that simple IMO
    They've certainly been incompetent and done injury to themselves in the handling of what to do with the tribunal files
    But do you expect me to read here insinuations against people that they are not guilty of and just smile and ignore it?
    I won't
    Because if I did,I'd be a hypocrite and so would a lot of people here
    Its also counter productive

I doubt that. Possibly SDs or Labour.

Yes, you're right most likely if she continues in politics.
    Maybe even independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Yeah but they weren't given under guarantee of that anonymity being impossible to waive for 30 years
    Victims DO NOT want it made harder for their stories to be heard
    Thats how lessons aren't learned

Well actually, it was. That was the rules of the Commission.

Niall Collins is referring to those online and elsewhere, including TDs and lawyers, who know full well the truth of the situation, but are exploiting the vulnerable people at the heart of this in order to try and secure political points.

• Advertisement

I work sometimes, never dissappear though.
    Think back there B, not that long ago you and I were having a debate on Heather Humphries, you said she'd be gone by the weekend at that time and next to go would be O Gormáin, that's months ago, not a word on mother and baby homes at that stage, why was that?

Quote my campaign against O'Gorman? I've likely only ever spoke on him in reference. You doubled down on that lying claim and never supported it.
    I had expected Humphries to get some kind of wrist slap in the least considering her actions. What of it?
    And what has the mother and baby homes got to do with that line of discussion? Are you trying desperately to make a link to justify you trying to create diversions yesterday?
    I've often remarked on the legacy of FF/FG governments and their role in aiding and abetting the church when the subject arises.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement