Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    I'm sure there's a host of people reading this thread who will give more credence to the musings of the local far right idiot-bigot than to a poster on boards who thinks it's appropriate to refer to others as "special needs" - on a website for anonymous pseudonyms, blanchy.

Basically I don't give a sh1t chief.

Spinning lies again, I see. Nowhere have I ever said it was appropriate to refer to others as “special needs” but I am beginning to think that certain posters on here may be intellectually challenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

blanch152 wrote: »
    Spinning lies again, I see. Nowhere have I ever said it was appropriate to refer to others as “special needs” but I am beginning to think that certain posters on here may be intellectually challenged.

Do you deny that you gave a thumbs up to a post on here that referred to people who do not agree with this government as "special needs"? A poster who was subsequently banned from here for the post or did we just imagine that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I see the government are at it again this time with the cervical check tribunal. Vicki Phelan has posted about it on twitter. Again seemingly similar to the mother and babies home that this needed to be done or else the world would end or some such excuse.

https://twitter.com/PhelanVicky/status/1321214750659911683?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

yeah ive read it all before francie, thanks

theres valid, worthwhile analysis of a govt, which is necessary

this isnt that and your making the case for the first won't turn the hatchet job nonsense from the famous five into it

the amount of moaning out of same when there's any reciprocal approach on the sf thread shows up the commitment to robust and open criticism alright

its the pretence that rankles. who do ye think ye are kidding at all.

Well said, sheep

These lads dont like a light being shone on their activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

john4321 wrote: »
    "Ms Clarke is a former Fine Gael candidate who put her name forward for the party in the Cork North West Ward in the 2014 Cork City Council local elections. She received just over 300 votes"

Keep scraping.

Here she is with the top dog at the time.

https://twitter.com/pjmccluskey/status/1321215680990031877?s=19

• Advertisement

Well said, sheep

These lads dont like a light being shone on their activities.

Would you say there's alot of anger again Brendi? Are we at the best avoided stage again would ya say?

Does the app even work? The falling down of the contact tracing is a joke. That's probably the most achieveable and important thing we could have organised. Ireland is leader in the call center industry.

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1321351786976972800?s=19

Floppybits wrote: »
    Do you deny that you gave a thumbs up to a post on here that referred to people who do not agree with this government as "special needs"? A poster who was subsequently banned from here for the post or did we just imagine that.

It's post 1048.This poster also liked a post calling the relatives seeking justice for Gleannane gang on another thread headbangers. He has a history of trolling those seeking justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Nobotty wrote: »
    First I heard the 'protect the legacy' idea was here is what I said
    I think its one of the more unrealistic accusations I've heard
    Think about it
    Theres an enormous amount of writing on the subject independent of the tribunal testimonies
    Theres reporting of the testimonies
    If hiding the testimonies off for 30 years is motivated by some notion that it protects legacies, its up there with thinking putting a sun umbrella out in the middle of a field in the rain will keep the whole field dry
    Its a stupid notion
    They're not doing that
    Theyre just showing a monumental lack of thought
    In the process they've self harmed themselves
    No need for whoever is inventing soundbites like 'protecting legacies' to make things any more complicated than what they are
    They messed up,Its a trend
    No thought went into it IMO

Absolutely.
    You can easily see the posting here for the most part has no interest in the justice or otherwise for the mother's or babies.
    Mostly infantile govt knocking for the sake of politics.
    Collins email was fairly accurate I'd say.

smurgen wrote: »
    Would you say there's alot of anger again Brendi? Are we at the best avoided stage again would ya say?

Not yet Mr S, as long as you just keep lifting from Twitter there’s not a problem.

Fair play to Pauli, got the gaff upgraded by the taxpayer.

Could he not have used the big inheritance?

Bad form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Not yet Mr S, as long as you just keep lifting from Twitter there’s not a problem.

Fair play to Pauli, got the gaff upgraded by the taxpayer.

Could he not have used the big inheritance?

Bad form.

Who?

Single Mothers and babies have been chastised, abused and ridiculed for generations, not just in Ireland, worldwide.
    Thankfully after centuries of abuse society for the most part have come to accept it as being as natural as waking up in the morning.
    But there is still prejudice against single mothers and their children, a, quick read through a few threads here will see that being borne out.
    The church is still very much abusive towards imo too.
    The commission was set up to enlighten anyone unaware of the horrors of what happened to the whole sordid affair and hopefully that will happen when the report is released.
    There's no cover up, no hidden agenda, just a fcuk up in communication and a minister trying as best he could to stop a previous law from deleting the evidence that was given.

Single Mothers and babies have been chastised, abused and ridiculed for generations, not just in Ireland, worldwide.
    Thankfully after centuries of abuse society for the most part have come to accept it as being as natural as waking up in the morning.
    But there is still prejudice against single mothers and their children, a, quick read through a few threads here will see that being borne out.
    The commission was set up to enlighten anyone unaware of the horrors of what happened to the whole sordid affair and hopefully that will happen when the report is released.
    There's no cover up, no hidden agenda, just a fcuk up in communication and a minister trying as best he could to stop a previous law from deleting the evidence that was given.

This is the sure we all went mad excuse that was rolled out for the bank bailout. Spreading the blame.

Well written, Bish. No doubt you’ll be shouted down for pointing out the facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

This is the sure we all went mad excuse that was rolled out for the bank bailout. Spreading the blame.

Would you like priests,teachers and politicians today that were not involved and don't condone it,put in stocks,egged and have rotten tomatoes thrown at them or something?

Nobotty wrote: »
    Would you like priests,teachers and politicians today that were not involved and don't condone it,put in stocks,egged and have rotten tomatoes thrown at them or something?

Anyone who tried to cover up abuse should be dealt with in the courts. Hopefully the files will be unsealed and we will get a clear view of who knew what and when.

Anyone who tried to cover up abuse should be dealt with in the courts. Hopefully the files will be unsealed and we will get a clear view of who knew what and when.

What’s being sealed is the testimony of individuals. It’s sealed to save it from destruction. It’s hearsay. Cannot be used in a court of law.

No inference to anyone, but do any of us know our own family histories or attitudes at the time.
    The church probably set up these homes at the time in good faith, but they were run by unprepared unqualified and deeply bigoted and brainwashed individuals.
    I don't think the church actively sought out individuals for to be taken in, but mothers and fathers and indeed individual girls at times themselves sought what they thought was shelter and secrecy even.
    Families of girls lied about where their children and siblings were, told they were gone to work somewhere or stay with relatives etc etc.
    Some girls went off themselves and lied to family and friends as to where they were even.
    Fathers of the children mostly either denied or didn't know as they were never told.
    They lived in a fcuked up society basically for the most part.
    The secrecy was rampant on all sides.

What’s being sealed is the testimony of individuals. It’s sealed to save it from destruction. It’s hearsay. Cannot be used in a court of law.

What I cannot understand is why the law stating that, cannot be repealed
    Yes you're probably right,only the victims themselves can give testimonies in a prosecuting court
    Professor Daly is an eminent historian on the commission
    Its unlikely she's going to be recommending something that hinders research and I presume the commission's recommendations are what governments act on

Maybe there could be an amnesty for crimes and stuff like that?

I seem to remember that there’s a precedent somewhere...........even murders and stuff.

Seem to remember that in a packed pub somewhere there were serious injuries inflicted and nobody saw anything.

Bit of a ‘way to go ‘ on that angle this poster would opine.

Hmmm........

• Advertisement

Lorna Bogue on with Pat Kenny now resigned for the reason of "Bad Governance" as opposed to politics.

Mother and baby controversy being her main objection.

Lorna Bogue on with Pat Kenny now resigned for the reason of "Bad Governance" as opposed to politics.

"Bullying and misogyny is rife within the green party" - Lorna Bogue.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-54717656

Auld Maoilisa sits on the Finance Committee up there.

Seems well in control...............good governance there for sure...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

Anyone who tried to cover up abuse should be dealt with in the courts.

When you say “anyone”, do you mean anyone including Gerry Adams, or do you mean only the “anyone” involved in a particular situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,423 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The Vatican and the church in ireland are still covering up child abuse. They are still refusing to open up. Corless said she found the religious orders impossible to deal with. Remember the letter the Vatican sent to the Irish bishops telling them not to turn over evidence of pedophile priests if they felt it transgressed canon law. The Vatican response to the child abuse in Ireland has never been sincere. Some Irish bishops felt the instructions from Rome were to conceal the crimes.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

"Bullying and misogyny is rife within the green party" - Lorna Bogue.

It didn't work out for her

2015:

"I wanted to get involved in politics because I’m just kind of tired of middle-aged men pissing away my future all the time. So last summer I was like ‘alright, I’ll get involved’. I’d sat on the sidelines long enough, I’d shouted at the TV long enough, so I got involved."

https://www.thejournal.ie/young-greens-interview-2009431-Mar2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

atticu wrote: »
    When you say “anyone”, do you mean anyone including Gerry Adams, or do you mean only the “anyone” involved in a particular situation?

Good republicans are excused from such civic duties as being held accountable or providing information to the police.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-54717656

Auld Maoilisa sits on the Finance Committee up there.

Seems well in control...............good governance there for sure...:cool:

Yeah, the Greens form part of the assembly up there too Brenner. Very observant, well played. :D

atticu wrote: »

Yes anyone. I don't believe I mentioned an exemption?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Income inequality in Ireland fell to its lowest level on record - by both main measures - in 2019.

If things weren't good for you in 2019 they will never be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement