Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Ah so it looks like the report will be delayed now. So the rushing through of the bill with no time for amendments was only a smoke screen.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40071926.html

Maybe there could be an amnesty for crimes and stuff like that?

I seem to remember that there’s a precedent somewhere...........even murders and stuff.

Seem to remember that in a packed pub somewhere there were serious injuries inflicted and nobody saw anything.

Bit of a ‘way to go ‘ on that angle this poster would opine.

Hmmm........

Yes. You seem to roar about specific injustices when it suits ya. Blanch too. Is it just really specific injustices get to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

atticu wrote: »
    When you say “anyone”, do you mean anyone including Gerry Adams, or do you mean only the “anyone” involved in a particular situation?

I do.

If there is a case to answer 'everyone' no exceptions should be brought before the courts.

Can't say it any simpler than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

smurgen wrote: »
    Ah so it looks like the report will be delayed now. So the rushing through of the bill with no time for amendments was only a smoke screen.

Huh? That isn't what the article says.

"The Commission is due to report to the Government this week"

The government will still receive it, but it won't be published until November or December.

blanch152 wrote: »

The government will still receive it, but it won't be published until November or December.

No it won't. "The Commission is due to report to the Government this week, but the report will first be sent to the attorney general, An Garda Síochána, and the Director for Public Prosecutions. " And they're saying that this will take weeks. So no it won't be released as expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

It's post 1048.This poster also liked a post calling the relatives seeking justice for Gleannane gang on another thread headbangers. He has a history of trolling those seeking justice.

I see no response yet. I guess it will be like the rest of the questions he dodges.

Floppybits wrote: »
    I see no response yet. I guess it will be like the rest of the questions he dodges.

He's busy tied up in pedantry at the moment. Maybe he'll get to it.

No it won't. "The Commission is due to report to the Government this week, but the report will first be sent to the attorney general, An Garda Síochána, and the Director for Public Prosecutions. " And they're saying that this will take weeks. So no it won't be released as expected.

Ah it will just on the shelf with a few of the other reports that are waiting to be released but are now gathering dust.

Doubt he hasn't got the moral fibre to hold up his hand and admit he agrees that that anyone who speaks out against the government is 'special needs'.

It was good to see the poster to wrote that post was banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Spinning lies again, I see. Nowhere have I ever said it was appropriate to refer to others as “special needs” but I am beginning to think that certain posters on here may be intellectually challenged.

You just did.

• Advertisement

Absolutely.
    You can easily see the posting here for the most part has no interest in the justice or otherwise for the mother's or babies.
    Mostly infantile govt knocking for the sake of politics.
    Collins email was fairly accurate I'd say.

Based on your desire to knock and divert any talk on the subject. I don't even think you believe that. It's dishonest, again.
    Is 'for the most part' your 'some' off the hook safety net?

Single Mothers and babies have been chastised, abused and ridiculed for generations, not just in Ireland, worldwide.
    Thankfully after centuries of abuse society for the most part have come to accept it as being as natural as waking up in the morning.
    But there is still prejudice against single mothers and their children, a, quick read through a few threads here will see that being borne out.
    The church is still very much abusive towards imo too.
    The commission was set up to enlighten anyone unaware of the horrors of what happened to the whole sordid affair and hopefully that will happen when the report is released.
    There's no cover up, no hidden agenda, just a fcuk up in communication and a minister trying as best he could to stop a previous law from deleting the evidence that was given.

Nothing to see here?
    You'll have no issue with people disagreeing and wanting to discuss it though right? I mean why would you?

What’s being sealed is the testimony of individuals. It’s sealed to save it from destruction. It’s hearsay. Cannot be used in a court of law.

That's believed to be bull**** Maryanne.

Good republicans are excused from such civic duties as being held accountable or providing information to the police.

Good FFer's and good Fg'ers didn't have the hassle of even being asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,555 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bowie wrote: »
    Good FFer's and good Fg'ers didn't have the hassle of even being asked.

Bit like the good SFers who got a nice wedge meant for hard pressed SMEs up the north and ‘had difficulty ‘ finding a way to return it.

Especially after being rumbled..... uhmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,424 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I think the FG argument now is that past SF wrongdoings make what happened in mother and baby homes acceptable. Is that about the size of it?

Or was it Russia?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

The optics on that look very bad. It was due for publication on Friday.
    Thankfully we have amazing women like Maeve O'Rourke and Catherine Corless fighting for these victims.

Do you deny that you gave a thumbs up to a post on here that referred to people who do not agree with this government as "special needs"? A poster who was subsequently banned from here for the post or did we just imagine that.
    It's post 1048.This poster also liked a post calling the relatives seeking justice for Gleannane gang on another thread headbangers. He has a history of trolling those seeking justice.
    Doubt he hasn't got the moral fibre to hold up his hand and admit he agrees that that anyone who speaks out against the government is 'special needs'.

It was good to see the poster to wrote that post was banned.

Just realised that this superb back and forth banter is about me!! :)

Lads, you deserve Pulitzer prizes for your investigative work into the netherworlds of post thanking on boards.

For your next prize, you could investigate who is the mysterious davycc? Is he the secret SFOS handler on boards? :D:D:D:D:D

Keep wasting your time trying to get inside my head as to why I thank other posts - you are way off the mark so far.

Just realised that this superb back and forth banter is about me!! :)

Lads, you deserve Pulitzer prizes for your investigative work into the netherworlds of post thanking on boards.

For your next prize, you could investigate who is the mysterious davycc? Is he the secret SFOS handler on boards? :D:D:D:D:D

Keep wasting your time trying to get inside my head as to why I thank other posts - you are way off the mark so far.

I see you dodged again.
    TBF what's good for the goose Blanch, you often remark on who thanked what. You were pulled up on it only last week ffs.

Single Mothers and babies have been chastised, abused and ridiculed for generations, not just in Ireland, worldwide.
    Thankfully after centuries of abuse society for the most part have come to accept it as being as natural as waking up in the morning.
    But there is still prejudice against single mothers and their children, a, quick read through a few threads here will see that being borne out.
    The church is still very much abusive towards imo too.
    The commission was set up to enlighten anyone unaware of the horrors of what happened to the whole sordid affair and hopefully that will happen when the report is released.
    There's no cover up, no hidden agenda, just a fcuk up in communication and a minister trying as best he could to stop a previous law from deleting the evidence that was given.

Well said, and here is a link to an Irish Times article which sets out the issues in a form that should be easily understood.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/q-a-mother-and-baby-homes-commission-database-1.4389750

• Advertisement

I see you dodged again.
    TBF what's good for the goose Blanch, you often remark on who thanked what. You were pulled up on it only last week ffs.

If I often remark on it, you should be able to demonstrate that say, 10% of my posts in the last week refer to who thanked what?

Otherwise, the normal hyperbole is at play.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I see you dodged again.

Poster telling people not to try 'to get inside his head' deflects by trying to 'get into the head' of another poster - davycc.

The lack of self awareness is hilarious with this guy.

The post he thanked referencing 'special needs' had little or no other content bar that derogatory remark. Very hard to disassociate himself from the sentiment I suppose = deflection required.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

If I often remark on it, you should be able to demonstrate that say, 10% of my posts in the last week refer to who thanked what?

Otherwise, the normal hyperbole is at play.

Blanch dismisses something that's an uncomfortable truth by introducing his own set of rules/statistics that he has just plucked from his backside. :D

Ah yes...more excuses.

Why the rush with the bill last week?????

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/d%C3%A1il-approves-transfer-of-mother-and-baby-home-records-to-tusla-1.4388809
    Catherine Connolly said: “I have no words to describe what the State did to mothers and children. It then heaped abuse on abuse after that” and now it had produced legislation that is not fit for purpose.

Social Democrats TD Holly Cairns said it was “disgraceful that after pleas from survivors of institutional abuse that the Government will not even consider one of the over 60 amendments from the Opposition”.

Labour TD Seán Sherlock said the Minister and the Government simply were not listening to the reasonable concerns of the Opposition for more time to debate the Bill.

Shameful.

Is the report being delivered to government on time? Yes.

Will it be published immediately? No, there are processes to go through before publication.

Does that mean there was more time to debate the legislation? No, because the report is being delivered to government on time.

Now, stop trying to make out it is something else.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Blanch dismisses something that's an uncomfortable truth by introducing his own set of rules/statistics that he has just plucked from his backside. :D

Well, sorry if I caused a mad rush to your keyboard to respond, but a poster accused me unfairly and inaccurately of "often" remarking on who thanked what.

I could have just denounced his post as a lie, but I have offered him a chance to prove his assertion.

Is the report being delivered to government on time? Yes.

Will it be published immediately? No, there are processes to go through before publication.

Does that mean there was more time to debate the legislation? No, because the report is being delivered to government on time.

Now, stop trying to make out it is something else.

Excuses Excuses.

The commission lasted 5 years. Yet the bill was rushed with no amendments allowed.

Originally scheduled to issue its final report by February 2018, the Commission was granted a one-year extension to February 2019. In January 2019, the Commission sought another extension of a further year. In February 2020, a further extension of 4 months was agreed. In June 2020, a further four month extension was agreed due to impact of Covid-19 on the Commision's activities.

All those extensions and the bill wasn't afforded a debate.

Excuses Excuses.

The commission lasted 5 years. Yet the bill was rushed with no amendments allowed.

Facts my friend, facts; not excuses.

Facts my friend, facts; not excuses.

Originally scheduled to issue its final report by February 2018, the Commission was granted a one-year extension to February 2019. In January 2019, the Commission sought another extension of a further year. In February 2020, a further extension of 4 months was agreed. In June 2020, a further four month extension was agreed due to impact of Covid-19 on the Commision's activities.

All those extensions and the bill wasn't afforded a debate? 1 more day?

• Advertisement

All those extensions and the bill wasn't afforded a debate? 1 more day?

All of those extensions were at the request of the Commission as the body who can request it.

Unless you know something I don't, the Commission hasn't sought an extension.

You wouldn't want the government to be able to interfere in the work of the Commisison, would you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement