Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

We are very lucky to have people like Dr. Maeve O'Rourke and Simon McGarr who are robust enough to stand up to insidious 'branding' campaigns against them such as Niall Collins attempted or Lisa Chambers.
    A few posters here who jumped on that 'branding' band wagon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Floppybits wrote: »
    It is a pity about the journey it took to get there and the behaviour of the government up to this point.

7 TDs didn't know what they were voting for and just went along with the whip, Chambers, according the de journal🀪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Bowie wrote: »
    Did you see this?

https://twitter.com/RTEBrainstorm/status/1234405958773854209?s=09

We need cut the bull and face our past. I know its tough but it needs to be addressed.

Absolutely agree ré addressing it.
    I don't believe anything that happened in the last week meant anything different. It was about the rights to the files and whether they be kept or destroyed.
    The commission were of the opinion that the legislation that it was formed under meant it had to delete the files, hence the merry go round that started.

We are very lucky to have people like Dr. Maeve O'Rourke and Simon McGarr who are robust enough to stand up to insidious 'branding' campaigns against them such as Niall Collins attempted or Lisa Chambers.
    A few posters here who jumped on that 'branding' band wagon too.

Nothing changed Francie, some insidious sources are using this as a political football without care or thought for victims or babies.
    Turned into a complete anti FG/FF smear campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

smurgen wrote: »
    Boy does this post look stupid now.

Nothing inaccurate in that post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Nothing changed Francie, some insidious sources are using this as a political football without care or thought for victims or babies.

You can make that claim on any issue. Its not an excuse or absolution. It changes nothing.

Everything has changed, hence the reason Dan O Boyle, O'Gorman, 7 TDs, and the AG are busily scurrying around with the excuses.

As Michael O Regan the hack remarked, 'they put the cart before the horse'.

You can make that claim on any issue. Its not an excuse or absolution. It changes nothing.

Good you realise that.

No shame in being mistaken, unless you've been telling lies, speaking in absolutes and insulting people because they disagreed with you.

It is rare that we see a post reach the levels of self-awareness that you achieved with this one. Well done to you.

You can play the 'hurt' game all you want.
    You weren't the worst but you spent the entire time handwaving away or downplaying any issue here.
    The government and a green Green minister(still putting his mis-informed foot in it) put themselves in this position.

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Everything has changed, hence the reason Dan O Boyle, O'Gorman, 7 TDs, and the AG are busily scurrying around with the excuses.

As Michael O Regan the hack remarked, 'they put the cart before the horse'.

One man's explanation is always another man's excuse.

You can play the 'hurt' game all you want.
    You weren't the worst but you spent the entire time handwaving away or downplaying any issue here.
    The government and a green Green minister(still putting his mis-informed foot in it) put themselves in this position.

There's loads of misinformed feet in it Francie.
    The misinformation is the core issue.
    The band wagoners who hitch their harness to anything anti govt. Popsicles all over the place.

The band wagoners who hitch their harness to anything anti govt. Popsicles all over the place.

There were more people right than wrong. Simple as that Bish. You lost this one.

The government recognised it and U-turned, almost, if not quicker, than they did on the Black & Tan fiasco.

There were more people right than wrong. Simple as that Bish. You lost this one.

The government recognised it and U-turned, almost, if not quicker, than they did on the Black & Tan fiasco.

I'll wait to see how they came by the decision first.
    If it's a uturn I'll admit it and say so too.
    But atm it looks like the Minister felt he had no other option than what he did.
    He was it seems acting on concerns of the commission itself and advice from the attorney General.

But atm it looks like the Minister felt he had no other option than what he did.
    He was it seems acting on concerns of the commission itself and advice from the attorney General.

Are you aware that O'Gorman is under pressure again this evening? It looks to me that he is completely out of his depth. He is in resign or sacking territory now because he seems to have gotten it completely wrong again.

Are you aware that O'Gorman is under pressure again this evening? It looks to me that he is completely out of his depth. He is in resign or sacking territory now because he seems to have gotten it completely wrong again.

Tbh no, I'm actually working on something I have to have for morning.
    Just getting snippets of news and check here an odd time.

Having read the RTÉ article, I see nothing incompatible with my post below.
    blanch152 wrote: »
    I don't see many honest posters opposing what the government did. Any honest poster that looked long and hard at the issues would conclude the government had little choice. Plenty of dishonest posters and commentators using the victims of the homes to have a go at the government, but par for the course for most of them.

People have a right to their data under the law, it is not unconditional, it is not 100% available. For example, information gathered during a Garda investigation is not available to people unless it goes to court.

As you well know, there was a deadline of 30 October, by which time the information would be destroyed by the Commission if there was no legislation, hence the need to get the legislation through without amendment etc.

What the government underestimated was the willingness of the dishonest to exploit the issue.

In light of the last few pages, the last line of my post was quite the prophesy.

It is rare that we see a post reach the levels of self-awareness that you achieved with this one. Well done to you.

Still waiting on answers from you. You've now dropped to nonsense.
    Gwan Denis O'Brien something. Good lad.

Nonsense and more playing the victim. The real victims couldn't give a **** about your party.

Having read the RTÉ article, I see nothing incompatible with my post below.

In light of the last few pages, the last line of my post was quite the prophesy.

Self fulfilled.

• Advertisement

Nonsense and more playing the victim. The real victims couldn't give a **** about your party.

Real victims i have absolutely no problem with.
    Real campaigners either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Too much back tracking and u turning to keep track of. Some lads that were so crystal clear days ago now seemingly unsure.

https://twitter.com/Costellop/status/1321563272336855050?s=19

https://twitter.com/Costellop/status/1321576989535444995?s=19

Too much back tracking and u turning to keep track of. Some lads that were so crystal clear days ago now seemingly unsure.

Nothing in that is inconsistent with anything I have said on the matter.

Another chapter for 'The Govt of Chaos'. Should be about the same size as War and Peace the way they're currently floundering along.

Except that you claimed that the 'government had little choice'...but tonight we see that was bull****. They had a 'choice' and they were forced to take by brave people who resisted the campaign against them by footsoldiers like Niall Collins and Lisa Chambers.

Consistency? I think not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Ah sure you are never wrong are. If only everyone was as perfect as you. Now answer the questions you have been asked a couple of times.

Except that you claimed that the 'government had little choice'...but tonight we see that was bull****. They had a 'choice' and they were forced to take by brave people who resisted the campaign against them by footsoldiers like Niall Collins and Lisa Chambers.

Consistency? I think not.

Nope, the legislation had to be passed, once it was, all options were open.

Fully consistent with what I said.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Ah sure you are never wrong are. If only everyone was as perfect as you. Now answer the questions you have been asked a couple of times.

If I am right, why do I need to answer questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

If I am right, why do I need to answer questions?

You are not right. You have never ever been right. All you do is insult people or agree with the insults that are thrown out by other people. When you are asked direct questions like to do to show the proof where the minister was being abused on here and you have not once responded to that question. Yet you come on all high and mighty saying you are right. You are nothing but a troll at this stage.

• Advertisement

Nope, the legislation had to be passed, once it was, all options were open.

Fully consistent with what I said.

Whether the legislation was passed or not has nothing to do with the announcement made.

Chancer. :):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement