Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    A u-turn means a reversal. The legislation is not being repealed, the government are not saying it wasn't necessary so there is no u-turn. End of.

As for a climbdown, all they failed with was communication. I read enough on this to understand where it was all going, but I am familiar with the requirements of legislation and public service ways of doing things. Obviously others aren't which led to worry and concern on the part of victims, which was then exploited by others who should have known better.

Jesus H Christ, these shysters are paying €15m for 64 PR special advisers, "communication failure"??? Us taxpayer deserve refunds FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bowie wrote: »
    He can't help insulting and dismissing people even after their vindication. As I said no harm in being wrong but it must be tough to roll with it after all the insults he's spewed over the last few days.

Niall Collins, Lisa Chambers, Barry Ward all did the same thing, vilify and demean.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What the ........

What’s going on Bish, three gone.... a sourpuss would probably opine that they would have ‘overlooked’ the back payment if it hadn’t been rumbled.

Terrible stuff altogether..... they won’t like this getting out.

Knew there was something going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    Jesus H Christ, these shysters are paying €15m for 64 PR special advisers, "communication failure"??? Us taxpayer deserve refunds FFS!

The special advisers aren't PR, as you well know, but that didn't stop the disingenuous point being made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

"Alternative truth" Murph :)

• Advertisement

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/when-was-the-money-returned-sinn-fein-refusing-to-answer-questions-about-30000-grant-party-was-given-in-error-39680217.html

Refusing to answer questions........par for the course.

Heads will roll even further over when this gets legs, the Shinners I understand were very anxious to put a cap on all this stuff, hence the attempts of the foot soldiers to throw serious shade on poor Brenner.

“Most serious situation” says MLMCD.

Now we are stuck with a Seanad by election.

Vindicated and proved correct.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/when-was-the-money-returned-sinn-fein-refusing-to-answer-questions-about-30000-grant-party-was-given-in-error-39680217.html

Refusing to answer questions........par for the course.

Heads will roll even further over when this gets legs, the Shinners I understand were very anxious to put a cap on all this stuff, hence the attempts of the foot soldiers to throw serious shade on poor Brenner.

“Most serious situation” says MLMCD.

Now we are stuck with a Seanad by election.

Vindicated and proved correct.

Far be it from me to accuse you of trying to deflect this thread Brendi, but this is being discussed on the RELEVANT thread. Wouldn't like you to burst a blood vessel in indignation or anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

There's no such thing as a Seanad by election

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The special advisers aren't PR, as you well know, but that didn't stop the disingenuous point being made.

You said it "was a communication failure", tell me boss, what do you think the "special advisers" are advising them?

My guess is it's not "wipe from the front to the back".

Nobotty wrote: »

Give RTE Drivetime a bell ,buddy, they think there is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Nobotty wrote: »

Yes there is.

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/deering-announces-candidacy-for-seanad-by-election/

Anyway, confirmation of what we all knew, SF are up there with the best of them.
    #new politics, #normal party.

Far be it from me to accuse you of trying to deflect this thread Brendi, but this is being discussed on the RELEVANT thread. Wouldn't like you to burst a blood vessel in indignation or anything like that.

Francie, I can’t get my head around your idea of a ‘discussion’ being independent of the parties partaking.

As I stated before you seem to remind me of a person who campaigns against fly tipping whilst indulging in the practice yourself.

Surely an intelligent lad like yourself can see that the credibility of activists of a certain point of view is compromised if their cohort is ‘guilty’ of the same actions they seem to be so vehemently and voiciferously against.

You can’t ‘compartionalise’ stuff like this , it’s all part of the big pot.

In a nutshell, you can’t expect folk to ignore your performance , whilst defending theirs.

Doesn’t give you the slightest bit of credibility.

Francie, I can’t get my head around your idea of a ‘discussion’ being independent of the parties partaking.

As I stated before you seem to remind me of a person who campaigns against fly tipping whilst indulging in the practice yourself.

Surely an intelligent lad like yourself can see that the credibility of activists of a certain point of view is compromised if their cohort is ‘guilty’ of the same actions they seem to be so vehemently and voiciferously against.

You can’t ‘compartionalise’ stuff like this , it’s all part of the big pot.

In a nutshell, you can’t expect folk to ignore your performance , whilst defending theirs.

Doesn’t give you the slightest bit of credibility.

Brendi pet, you were complaining/alleging that people were avoiding the issue...they aren't, full discussion taking place on the RELEVANT thread.

Brendi pet, you were complaining/alleging that people were avoiding the issue...they aren't, full discussion taking place on the RELEVANT thread.

Thanks Francie.

You said it "was a communication failure", tell me boss, what do you think the "special advisers" are advising them?

My guess is it's not "wipe from the front to the back".

Anyone who follows politics in Ireland a little knows the answer to your question. Not going down the rabbithole with you on something you know well.

Glad to hear it is getting a FULL discussion, and there is no obfuscating, diversion and whataboutery taking place.

Full transparency and accountability is what we are looking for.

Glad to hear it is getting a FULL discussion, and there is no obfuscating, diversion and whataboutery taking place.

Well compare and contrast. That was as fulsome an apology and acceptance of wrongdoing as I have heard from a party leader ever I think on RTE just now.

Anyone else hear it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Great decisive action from Mary Lou. Great to see accountability with tax payers money. Now if only Leo would have been able to tackle Dara Murphy's expenses in the same way :

"Fine Gael’s former double-jobbing TD, Dara Murphy, is refusing to have his Dáil attendance and expenses records scrutinised by a committee, despite demands by Taoiseach Leo Varadkar for him to do so.

In the wake of the scandal over the former Cork North Central TD working a second job in Brussels, the Government is set to beef up ethics legislation for politicians so ex-TDs can be investigated in future.

Mr Varadkar said he had tried in recent days to persuade Mr Murphy to put his expenses and Dáil records forward for examination, and he was “annoyed” that the former Fine Gael TD had refused to do so.

One Cabinet minister also told the Irish Examiner the controversy has caused “considerable damage” to Fine Gael and has triggered enormous anger"

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30971957.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

smurgen wrote: »
    One Cabinet minister also told the Irish Examiner the controversy has caused “considerable damage” to Fine Gael and has triggered enormous anger"

I wouldn't take heed of this statement from a politician it seems to be one of the stock answers they spout to show that they care or are in touch with the great unwashed public, when in reality they don't give a sh1te.

• Advertisement

Great decisive action from Mary Lou. Great to see accountability with tax payers money. Now if only Leo would have been able to tackle Dara Murphy's expenses in the same way :

"Fine Gael’s former double-jobbing TD, Dara Murphy, is refusing to have his Dáil attendance and expenses records scrutinised by a committee, despite demands by Taoiseach Leo Varadkar for him to do so.

In the wake of the scandal over the former Cork North Central TD working a second job in Brussels, the Government is set to beef up ethics legislation for politicians so ex-TDs can be investigated in future.

Mr Varadkar said he had tried in recent days to persuade Mr Murphy to put his expenses and Dáil records forward for examination, and he was “annoyed” that the former Fine Gael TD had refused to do so.

I don't think they should have resigned.
    Mind six months was a bit long to forget or not notice it was received.

LV knew about Murphy all along as did Kenny. Posturing because the press made it known.

So to sum up, FF/FG/Greens rushed through and poorly communicated voting for reasons unknown. Now they need revisit their actions.
    These cases and issues will continue to hang over Irish society until they are addressed honestly by the state.

Bingo in two posts :D:D

Japers Blanch your comment relates to it being fully discussed in the relevant thread not this one :rolleyes:
    You that desperate for a win?
    Also you'll note he commented on it and didn't lie or call you names.

Bowie wrote: »
    I don't think they should have resigned.
    Mind six months was a bit long to forget or not notice it was received.

At odds with the party over this one are we?

You're in the wrong thread but. Still pedalling falls hoods on file destruction on a report that was subsequently delayed?

Very quiet on here tonight!

Good to see, these people who engaged in slurs and vilification need to stand up and apologise.

https://www.thejournal.ie/mother-and-baby-homes-barry-ward-5247996-Oct2020/?utm_source=shortlink

Good to see, these people who engaged in slurs and vilification need to stand up and apologise.

https://www.thejournal.ie/mother-and-baby-homes-barry-ward-5247996-Oct2020/?utm_source=shortlink

Yes, Clann Project are stoking the fires and people are contacting TDs and Senators in their thousands, using the template set up by Clann.

I take it that you actually read the link to the debate?

• Advertisement

Yes, Clann Project are stoking the fires and people are contacting TDs and Senators in their thousands, using the template set up by Clann.

I take it that you actually read the link to the debate?

I don't think you understand what you're saying in more or less every post in here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement