Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Yes, Clann Project are stoking the fires and people are contacting TDs and Senators in their thousands, using the template set up by Clann.

I take it that you actually read the link to the debate?

It's fairly standard campaigning practice. Ridiculous overreaction from Ward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

;)
    Very quiet on here tonight!

You're right. Bit of a levity here. How about Maria Bailey's comic sans font statement for the laugh.it's nearly the weekend after all. :D

https://twitter.com/amyohconnor/status/1195093710465388544?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    Japers Blanch your comment relates to it being fully discussed in the relevant thread not this one :rolleyes:
    You that desperate for a win?
    Also you'll note he commented on it and didn't lie or call you names.

My comment relates to whataboutery.

Think I have a Full House now that we have a mention of Maria Bailey.

Shinner whataboutery Bingo is good fun.

Thankfully, I didn’t have partitionist on my card, as it wasn’t used this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

At odds with the party over this one are we?

I've no party. I know it makes things easier for FG to believe that all water protesters were Paul Murphy supporters, all critics shinners etc. because its easier to believe its bias and not the rampant cronyism and incompetence it actually is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Amazing how so many of these so called ‘experts’ who populate these pages have no ‘parties’.

They have the ‘answers’ to everything, but of course all their rhetoric is negative leaning and every effort to avoid doing anything which might attach responsibility to their views is, of course, carefully avoided.

Keeps them occupied, I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

A long period of coalition government is what this country needs right now.

We have a shell of a post colonial country right now and not enough cash

Welfare, justice, health education ,transport etc. need reform and long term planning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

JimToken wrote: »
    A long period of coalition government is what this country needs right now.

We have a shell of a post colonial country right now and not enough cash

Welfare, justice, health education ,transport etc. need reform and long term planning

How long, i mean, when was the last time we hadn't one?
    What coalition do you favour or is it just any old cobbled together one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Amazing how so many of these so called ‘experts’ who populate these pages have no ‘parties’.

They have the ‘answers’ to everything, but of course all their rhetoric is negative leaning and every effort to avoid doing anything which might attach responsibility to their views is, of course, carefully avoided.

I didn't realise that you need to belong to a party to post in here. Is there something wrong with not supporting a party?

Maybe if more people did that it would keep the parties honest unlike what we have were no matter what FG FF or SF do there will be a cohort of people who will vote for them because that is what their daddy did and their grand daddy did.

Floppybits wrote: »
    I didn't realise that you need to belong to a party to post in here. Is there something wrong with not supporting a party?

Maybe if more people did that it would keep the parties honest unlike what we have were no matter what FG FF or SF do there will be a cohort of people who will vote for them because that is what their daddy did and their grand daddy did.

Hi Floppy, sorry can’t really understand your first sentence,so I’ll have to pass on that.

Hi Floppy, sorry can’t really understand your first sentence,so I’ll have to pass on that.

I am not surprised Brendan. Of back to your group think dipping tank there to see how to reply. Good lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Brenners thinks politics is like the league of Ireland - support a "team" and stick with em, through good times and bad. :pac:

Today's comedy moment has been brought to you by Damien English. :)

https://twitter.com/yvonnejudge/status/1322106369135267841

The emperor had no clothes after all.

McMurphy wrote: »
    The emperor had no clothes after all.

It was a toss up between that clip and our legendary poster ~(who would turn a thread on Santa Claus into a SF discussion if he got his way) having a rant about 'whataboutery' for comedy moment of the week, but I opted for Damien as he is being paid by us to come out with that stuff. :)

This Damien English lad is some craic. I wouldn't even say he is regretting what he said last night.

I love the deliberate misunderstanding of the statement that the purchase of clothes are not essential. Where’s the fairness of a chain store being able to sell clothes and the independent boutique next door not? We’re all supposed to be in this together.

Floppybits wrote: »
    This Damien English lad is some craic. I wouldn't even say he is regretting what he said last night.

Haven't taken a peek, but I imagine he was rightly roasted for that brain fart on Social media?

I love the deliberate misunderstanding of the statement that the purchase of clothes are not essential. Where’s the fairness of a chain store being able to sell clothes and the independent boutique next door not? We’re all supposed to be in this together.

Ok, let's look at this then, what's the point on takeaways being open? I made my own version of a Chinese takeaway chow mein last night from food bought in Tesco/Aldi?

If they're open anyway, what's difference does it make it they're selling clothes?

Ok, let's look at this then, what's the point on takeaways being open? I made my own version of a Chinese takeaway chow mein last night?

It’s called a level playing field. If restaurants can offer takeaways, then it’s only fair that takeaways stay open too. No favouritism.

It’s called a level playing field. If restaurants can offer takeaways, then it’s only fair that takeaways stay open too. No favouritism.

The point is - there's loads of restaurants not in a position to offer takeaways (some even feel that service would be beneath them tbh)

Ref the independent boutiques being shut, they should be allowed to open under fairly strict regulations.

Some of them will find it a fairly steep uphill struggle to woo customer's back who may migrate to online retailers.

• Advertisement

https://www.rte.ie/news/education/2020/1030/1174784-schools-coronavirus/

It seems the evidence supporting the government's decision to keep the schools open is mounting up.

A pity that the opposition continue to ignore the science.

blanch152 wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/education/2020/1030/1174784-schools-coronavirus/

It seems the evidence supporting the government's decision to keep the schools open is mounting up.

A pity that the opposition continue to ignore the science.

Funny...'mounting up' you say?

You claimed before that 'ALL' the science supported it.

:) You keep walking into doors blanch, you should get that seen to.

Ok, let's look at this then, what's the point on takeaways being open? I made my own version of a Chinese takeaway chow mein last night from food bought in Tesco/Aldi?

If they're open anyway, what's difference does it make it they're selling clothes?

If everyone is suppose to be in this together then why are alcohol sales still allowed with Pubs have to close. Surely if pubs can't sell alcohol then supermarkets and off-licenses shouldn't be able to sell it either.

Funny...'mounting up' you say?

You claimed before that 'ALL' the science supported it.

:) You keep walking into doors blanch, you should get that seen to.

All the science does support it, the mountain of evidence just got bigger.

All the science does support it, the mountain of evidence just got bigger.

Even when you were proclaiming that it did, all the scientists were not agreeing with you. From the 13th Oct.

https://www.tes.com/news/revealed-sage-warning-over-schools-spreading-covid

Try not to keep embarrassing yourself blanch.

By the way, I think it is great if schools can remain open.

Even when you were proclaiming that it did, all the scientists were not agreeing with you. From the 13th Oct.

https://www.tes.com/news/revealed-sage-warning-over-schools-spreading-covid

Try not to keep embarrassing yourself blanch.

By the way, I think it is great if schools can remain open.

Sorry, Francie, but like all Irish Republicans you are outdated.

Your article makes clear that the statement is six weeks old:

"The document, from a meeting held on 21 September says: "Covid-19 incidence is increasing across the country in all age groups. The effect of opening of schools, colleges and universities has only just begun to affect this increase."

It was also in the nature of a prediction rather than research on outcomes. The research on what happened in schools has always supported opening them.

Take a leaf out of Mary-Lou's book and stop when you are losing.

Sorry, Francie, but like all Irish Republicans you are outdated.

Your article makes clear that the statement is six weeks old:

Yes, did you miss the bit where I said when you were 'proclaiming that all the science showed that schools were no threat' ALL the science wasn't saying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Ref the independent boutiques being shut, they should be allowed to open under fairly strict regulations.

Some of them will find it a fairly steep uphill struggle to woo customer's back who may migrate to online retailers.
    That coffin is already nailed shut. Over in A&P there's a lot of stuff about how commercial space is taken an utter hammering, including Grafton Street dropping in the region of 30-40%.

Yes, did you miss the bit where I said when you were 'proclaiming that all the science showed that schools were no threat' ALL the science wasn't saying that.

All the science is showing that schools are safe.

A statement saying that the coronavirus figures haven't yet taken into account schools reopening doesn't say one way or the other whether schools are a problem.

That you had to dig that far into google to find something vaguely linked is illustrative in itself.

• Advertisement

Francie, do you have to debate everything to the nth degree.

Your hair must be clenched,a chara.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement