Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    All the science is showing that schools are safe.

A statement saying that the coronavirus figures haven't yet taken into account schools reopening doesn't say one way or the other whether schools are a problem.

That you had to dig that far into google to find something vaguely linked is illustrative in itself.

Change what was said and then attack that position. Stock blanch activity.

I'll remind you what I said originally,
    Funny...(it's) 'mounting up' you say?

You claimed before that 'ALL' the science supported it.

Previously you claimed 'ALL' the science supported your position. This morning you are claiming the scientific evidence is only 'mounting up'.

Caught bull****ting again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Floppybits wrote: »
    I didn't realise that you need to belong to a party to post in here. Is there something wrong with not supporting a party?

Maybe if more people did that it would keep the parties honest unlike what we have were no matter what FG FF or SF do there will be a cohort of people who will vote for them because that is what their daddy did and their grand daddy did.

It seems FG can't get their head around the idea that there are people with opinions who vote for whom they wish. Maybe that's why they've been miscalculating the public so badly? Which is a good thing for Ireland IMO.

Today's comedy moment has been brought to you by Damien English. :)

https://twitter.com/yvonnejudge/status/1322106369135267841

Like the hospital trolley in the corridor, it seems FF/FG didn't expect the inevitability of winter.
    Out of touch with the public feeling is common but seems they are out of touch with humans in general.

I love the deliberate misunderstanding of the statement that the purchase of clothes are not essential. Where’s the fairness of a chain store being able to sell clothes and the independent boutique next door not? We’re all supposed to be in this together.

Stop the lights. Hauld on there a minute...
    Aren't you the one okay with everything being left up to personal responsibility? Shouldn't a pensioner or mother be able to personally decide if they need winter clothing? We could get into the debate on only food that's healthy no chicken burgers if you want to go down that line of defense for Damo.

Blanch, is that a campaign against Damo now? I need keep track.

Bowie wrote: »
    Stop the lights. Hauld on there a minute...
    Aren't you the one okay with everything being left up to personal responsibility? Shouldn't a pensioner or mother be able to personally decide if they need winter clothing? We could get into the debate on only food that's healthy no chicken burgers if you want to go down that line of defense for Damo.

Blanch, is that a campaign against Damo now? I need keep track.

Let's not even get into the anomaly that off licences are open but bookshops aren't.

• Advertisement

Let's not even get into the anomaly that off licences are open but bookshops aren't.

How many TD's own or have family and friends who own a bookshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Stop with the faux outrage. It’s a lot easier and a lot more common to buy books online than drink or groceries. The same for clothes too.

tobsey wrote: »
    Stop with the faux outrage. It’s a lot easier and a lot more common to buy books online than drink or groceries. The same for clothes too.

Shure couldn't the auld ones brew their own?

What's 'common' for you may be impossible for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Don't know for sure.
    Is, this one still open, it's online of course.
    https://www.sinnfeinbookshop.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

How exactly do you come to conclusion that it's easier to buy clothes online than in person at a shop?

It's usually cheaper, and more convenient, but not necessarily easier.

It's handier trying on a pair of jeans, then purchasing them and heading home, than it is buying online and buy not knowing if they'll be your fit until they arrive, then you'll have to return them/order different size etc.

Don't know for sure.

Bishop for a lad who's pubes nearly fall out with the faux outrage each time "Leo" is mentioned, you seem to have a penchant for mentioning the Shinners in some shape or form.

I'd see about that lack of self awareness if I were you. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Shure couldn't the auld ones brew their own?

What's 'common' for you may be impossible for others.

For sure, some folk can let 10k wallow in their bank accounts for months and not ‘notice’ it.

McMurphy wrote: »
    How exactly do you come to conclusion that it's easier to buy clothes online than in person at a shop?

It's usually cheaper, and more convenient, but not necessarily easier.

It's handier trying on a pair of jeans, then purchasing them and heading home, than it is buying online and buy not knowing if they'll be your fit until they arrive, then you'll have to return them/order different size etc.

Bishop for a lad who's pubes nearly fall out with the faux outrage each time "Leo" is mentioned, you seem to have a penchant for mentioning the Shinners in some shape or form.

I'd see about that lack of self awareness if I were you. :D

Breaking news, the draw is cancelled:D;D
    https://www.sinnfeinbookshop.com/sinn-fein-national-draw-ticket-2020/

For sure, some folk can let 10k wallow in their bank accounts for months and not ‘notice’ it.

Relevant thread thataway Brendi >>>>>>>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Its a disorganised mess
    Small drapers shops should have been left the option to run a click and collect service
    The same with the bigger stores
    Basically phone in and ask for what you want,tap to pay when collecting

Is there ever ANY thought put into things in Ireland?
    English on primetime last night was beyond ridiculous and the worst thing about it was you could tell by the look on his face that he knew it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Nobotty wrote: »
    Its a disorganised mess
    Small drapers shops should have been left the option to run a click and collect service

English on primetime last night was beyond ridiculous and the worst thing about it was you could tell by the look on his face that he knew it

Of course there is thought put into things.

Like if you ‘inherit ‘ a big wedge, you immediately move it to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Of course there is thought put into things.

Like if you ‘inherit ‘ a big wedge, you immediately move it to the UK.

Well it did come from the UK in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Amazing how so many of these so called ‘experts’ who populate these pages have no ‘parties’.

They have the ‘answers’ to everything, but of course all their rhetoric is negative leaning and every effort to avoid doing anything which might attach responsibility to their views is, of course, carefully avoided.

Keeps them occupied, I guess.

Eureka! :D

Now I understand. BB, Irish Politics isn't the Premiership. You don't have to pick a team from childhood and then stick with it no matter what!
    You are allowed to vote for different parties and candidates without your friends slagging you!
    Don't be afraid.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Outrage? Jumped the gun there boss. At least wait until a few more people calmly discuss it and Bren pipes in with 'lot of anger' to cover for the absence of another, (men mostly men).
    The question is, why is drink essential but clothes are not?

Don't know for sure.

Very clever there the way you made it about SF because you don't want people discussing anything not related to SF. Blanch would call that a campaign you have was he not unwilling to apply his own logic to himself.
    Reminds me, last time I was in there was 1990. The cousin was buying an Ireland t-shirt as he was off to Italy. Literally had a map of the country on it. We got questioned by plain clothes Garda as we left and they later turned up at my cousins house. His father, (a FG'er funnily enough, neighbours with a former FG TD) told them to feck off quite rightly. Asked them had they nothing better to be doing. Any way, I digress, go on, SF something something...

Very clever there the way you made it about SF because you don't want people discussing anything not related to SF.
    Reminds me, last time I was in there was 1990. The cousin was buying an Ireland t-shirt as he was off to Italy. Literally had a map of the country on it. We got questioned by plain clothes Garda as we left and they later turned up at my cousins house. His father, (a FG'er funnily enough, neighbours with a former FG TD) told them to feck off quite rightly. Asked them had they nothing better to be doing. Any way, I digress, go on, SF something something...

It was about a bookshop, but cool story there.

• Advertisement

It was about a bookshop, but cool story there.

It was alright, but thanks.

Here's fun:
    https://www.redbubble.com/i/sticker/Enda-Kenny-Sticker-by-prong7/41421006.EJUG5

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Nobotty wrote: »
    Its a disorganised mess

They are left the option to run a click and collect service, all retailers are.

Thought it was redtube there for a sec.

Don't know for sure.

That was a funny exchange.

Standing up for the bookshop!!

That was a funny exchange.

Standing up for the bookshop!!

Reading is fundamental Blanch. Do FG not like people reading, gives them ideas above their station?

Reading is fundamental Blanch. Do FG not like people reading, gives them ideas above their station?

No, that's not what was funny.

Reading something from that bookshop would only poison your mind anyway.

Agreed, would never buy a book from a FG bookshop.

Speaking of books and poisoned minds. :D

9780717189731.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Blanch you seem to know more about the innards of the Sinn Fein party and it's business than most people, I'd say you know stuff about them they don't even know themselves.

Bit late on worrying about try mind being poisoned imo. :pac:
    Speaking of books and poisoned minds. :D

9780717189731.jpg

Shane Ross' tell-all book dismissed as 'naked attention seeking' by former cabinet colleagues

9781838952914.jpg

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement