Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Leo has released a statement:

'If I didn't leak it, Mary Lou and the 'RA would have'.

That's the end of that then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Leo has released a statement:

'If I didn't leak it, Mary Lou and the 'RA would have'.

That's the end of that then. :)

Always the victims.

Always the victims.

Sense of humour deserted you JJ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Been picked up by more of the mainstream media now, and the opposition also.

Let's hope Leo wasn't planning on too chilled out a Halloween evening for himself.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1322523356298661888?s=19

McMurphy wrote: »
    Been picked up by more of the mainstream media now, and the opposition also.

Leo hope Leo wasn't planning on too chilled out a Halloween evening for himself.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1322523356298661888?s=19

Since when was Twitter mainstream media? Of course the opposition are crowing! Anything to take the heat off their own inaction

• Advertisement

Since when was Twitter mainstream media? Of course the opposition are crowing! Anything to take the heat off their own inaction

For anyone else reading this that may be hard of understanding, Twitter is a platform, upon which mainstream media can, from time to time choose to use to issue statements, press releases etc.

Richard Chambers doesn't work for "Twitter"

IMG-20201031-131411.jpg

If you need further assistance, please feel free to drop me a pm.

Jesus Maryanne can you not even get over the fact that Twitter is here and here to stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Jesus Maryanne can you not even get over the fact that Twitter is here and here to stay?

Can see why you are a fan Francie, another platform to fling unsubstantiated horshïte into the ether and give yourself endless hours, days even, ‘debating’ the same horseshïte with any fool who indulges you.

You won’t drag the Bren down them rabbit holes.........Soz Bro :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Can see why you are a fan Francie, another platform to fling unsubstantiated horshïte into the ether and give yourself endless hours, days even, ‘debating’ the same horseshïte with any fool who indulges you.

Sure FG are all over twitter Brendi it's just a platform. Like being angry at the tv. Bit mental if you ask me.not normal pal.

So can newspapers Brendi and TV and Radio.

It has ruined your day I see anyhow. Lot of anger! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

This story is starting to gather pace now. The Taniste will need to nip this in the bud.

To me mainstream media is print media like the Times, Examiner and Independent, or RTÉ or Newstalk news. Twitter tends to be as anonymous as Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Jesus Smurge you do Troll them up from the depths.
    I now look forward to your diggings even. :D

A number of posts on other people's attitudes and nothing on the comments or story. Complete FG damage control merchant.

To me mainstream media is print media like the Times, Examiner and Independent, or RTÉ or Newstalk news. Twitter tends to be as anonymous as Boards.

Ah Maryanne get with the times, the media you have mentioned has now been replaced that is why that media is on its knees begging for money. Time to move with the times love, online media is here to stay whether its on twitter or any other social platform. You need to accept it.

Bull****...every single print producer and their journalists are prominent on Twitter.

A little bit of growing up to be done with the nonsense every time a story you don't likes appears.

You were commenting on a tweet , author of which was Richard Chambers*, he of Virgin Media News.

*Assuming that's his real name.

Stop digging Mary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Guys will Leo have to resign??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

smurgen wrote: »
    Website overloaded. The articles are printed and in shops. Leo was approached for comment and declined. Sounds serious. If it's false he can sue them into the poor house and would be right to.

'Somebody get me Joespeha on the phone!' :)

LawBoy2018 wrote: »

Tbf the story is very much in its infancy, I don't think it's a resigning matter at the minute, but a lot will depend on how the Tanaiste handles this from here on in.

Could be legal ramifications if true also apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Bowie wrote: »

Poor aul Brendi ain't able for the senior hurling anymore. Cork waterford on later if he wants to see how it's done.

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »

Leo having a long think not a good sign.~
    Could be if he denies this that that is what they are waiting for.

Tricky one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

It's interesting to see the FFers turn on him so quickly! They've obviously had enough of his leaks. Interesting times

smurgen wrote: »
    Poor aul Brendi ain't able for the senior hurling anymore. Cork waterford on later if he wants to see how it's done.

The Brenner well able for senior hurling.

Unlike Monaghan doesn’t spunk a big lead and collapse at the end.

Don’t tell Francie, he’ll want back up.

The Brenner well able for senior hurling.

Unlike Monaghan doesn’t spunk a big lead and collapse at the end.

Don’t tell Francie, he’ll want back up.

Like politics Brendi, it ain't over until the fat one sings.

LawBoy2018 wrote: »

All depends on how he handles this. At the moment he is between a rock and a hard place. You can be sure that the village reporting this story are holding back, no way would they put everything out there in one go, they will put a bit out and see what Leo does then depending on that reaction they will release some more.

If the story is true or even partly true Leo is finished, if its untrue then the village is finished. The village would be mad to publish something like this without having the evidence to back it up.

Floppybits wrote: »
    All depends on how he handles this. At the moment he is between a rock and a hard place. You can be sure that the village reporting this story are holding back, no way would they put everything out there in one go, they will put a bit out and see what Leo does then depending on that reaction they will release some more.

If the story is true or even partly true Leo is finished, if its untrue then the village is finished. The village would be mad to publish something like this without having the evidence to back it up.

Not too many villagers putting their heads over the parapet so far, horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

McMurphy wrote: »
    Tbf the story is very much in its infancy, I don't think it's a resigning matter at the minute, but a lot will depend on how the Tanaiste handles this from here on in.

Could be legal ramifications if true also apparently.

I do think its a resigning matter if the story has legs and he has broke the law
    When is he making the statement?
    The usual FG heads here are playing it down but others have said they've done that before and were found to be wrong
    I'd have thought they'd be in the know
    Although one of them isn't active today
    Coincidence?

Floppybits wrote: »

Apparently the author of the article is a solicitor according to the other thread

Nobotty wrote: »
    Apparently the author of the article is a solicitor according to the other thread

And that means what.....?

• Advertisement

And that means what.....?

It means, the author would be familiar with the law of tort

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement