Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

That's the first thing that struck last night - Leo must also have leaked the NPHET Level 5 letter. And then went on the airwaves to attack them. To be fair I think he read the public mood correctly but it was contrived opportunism. It's what he does best.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

That's the first thing that struck last night - Leo must also have leaked the NPHET Level 5 letter. And then went on the airwaves to attack them. To be fair I think he read the public mood correctly but it was contrived opportunism. It's what he does best.

Any link to your claim?

Whereas he is meant to lead. His attack on NPHET and delaying an obvious lockdown cost us 2 week action and added 2 weeks to the duration of the lockdown.

We'd be out of lockdown tonight (after 4 weeks), if not for Leo.
    Instead; we have been in for 2 weeks, after a 2 week delay AFAIR, and have another 4 to come.

Leo has cost us all this coming 4 week lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Whereas he is meant to lead. His attack on NPHET and delaying an obvious lockdown cost us 2 week action and added 2 weeks to the duration of the lockdown.

We'd be out of lockdown tonight (after 4 weeks), if not for Leo.
    Instead; we have been in for 2 weeks, after a 2 week delay AFAIR, and have another 4 to come.

Leo has cost us all this coming 4 week lockdown.

Or.

His message got though to people and that's why the numbers started dropping at the end of level 3.

See you can put it any way to suit your narrative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Or.

His message got though to people and that's why the numbers started dropping at the end of level 3.

See you can put it any way to suit your narrative.

What message? His huff he felt left out or his leaking, talking out of school?

Its not spin if its your opinion jingles. Only if you're lying. If the electorate share the opinion he's an ego driven **** up, that's it really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Hi Guys, I’ve been away for a few days. How’s the coalition going?

Leo is the best ever,

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

Leo is the best ever,

You were away ? You should be locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Leo is the best ever,

Not sure how to break this to you ........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

There is support for Varadkar within FF, or just an acceptance of what happened so coalition can continue perhaps, I'm not sure which.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/cowen-says-varadkar-mistake-over-contract-was-with-good-intentions-1.4396967?mode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

There is support for Varadkar within FF, or just an acceptance of what happened so coalition can continue perhaps, I'm not sure which.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/cowen-says-varadkar-mistake-over-contract-was-with-good-intentions-1.4396967?mode=amp

Conflicted as to what is more preferable, Leo finally gone, or Leo leading FG into the next election with the sleaze and corruption cloud hanging over him. His and FG's choice I suppose.
    MArtin is playing an interesting game here too, his backbenchers are very angry with him so far. Will he wilt and turn a blind eye or will the hammer fall after Tuesday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Conflicted as to what is more preferable, Leo finally gone, or Leo leading FG into the next election with the sleaze and corruption cloud hanging over him. His and FG's choice I suppose.
    MArtin is playing an interesting game here too, his backbenchers are very angry with him so far. Will he wilt and turn a blind eye or will the hammer fall after Tuesday?

‘Sleaze and corruption cloud’. Hyperbole much.

Lookit, storm in a teacup bigged up by the media and the desperate opposition.

What was that publication....’Much Ado About Nothing’

So you keep saying, Helen McEntee making a heartfelt plea about the same thing right now, not having much success sounding sincere. I think the FG 'nothing to see here' defence will be a busted flush by day end.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

"More to come" by the village, Leo will be posting in J-Flashes toilet thread by the end of the day Brenner.

#touchingcloth I reckon, he'll be hanging his cheeks over the porcelain wondering how much they know. :D

Yeah what's a bit of corporate sleaze between buddies, eh?

Like any of us could share quotes/contracts with a vendor's competitor, without repercussion.

Sleazy and untrustworthy, at best. Amazed if it's not illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    What message? His huff he felt left out or his leaking, talking out of school?

Its not spin if its your opinion jingles. Only if you're lying. If the electorate share the opinion he's an ego driven **** up, that's it really

Given his 65% popularity rating, I don't think the electorate have the same view of Leo that you do.

Of course opinions can be just spin. Highest-quality opinions are fact-based, followed by spin-based opinions and then spoofery. If one wants to spin, one has to have at least a few facts underlying ones opinion. If there are no facts to back up ones opinion, one is spoofing.

McMurphy wrote: »
    "More to come" by the village, Leo will be posting in J-Flashes toilet thread by the end of the day Brenner.

#touchingcloth I reckon, he'll be hanging his cheeks over the porcelain wondering how much they know. :D

Bring it on, a chara.

Why am I reminded of Nigel Farage here.

Never elected to anything, virtually.

Miniscule support, big mouth, now forming new ‘party’ to oppose lockdowns.

And the tosser will get huge media coverage and support for total negativity and populism.

Reminds me of so many people.........

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Bring it on, a chara.

Why am I reminded of Nigel Farage here.

Never elected to anything, virtually.

Miniscule support, big mouth, now forming new ‘party’ to oppose lockdowns.

And the tosser will get huge media coverage and support for total negativity and populism.

Reminds me of so many people.........

I have no idea, seeing as we're discussing Leo the leak.

McMurphy wrote: »
    I have no idea, seeing as we're discussing Leo the leak.

Getting a bit nervous Randall, are we.

Trying to slap down all relevant views and turn the site into a series of polemics?

What’s up.... getting a bit battle weary trying to defend, and achieving nothing.

It can get to one in fairness, battering away and achieving nothing.

Trying to slap down all relevant views and turn the site into a series of polemics?

What’s up.... getting a bit battle weary trying to defend, and achieving nothing.

Is there a 'relevant view' in that post?

Is there a 'relevant view' in that post?

You heard me Francie:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Too right Brendan.
    Leo's woes are a great sidetrack for them.
    In the last week we've had a senator, an MLA, and unnamed officials having resigned from the main opposition over dodgy money handling.
    They would like us to forget all that and concentrate all our thoughts on Leo.
    The money trail is over as far as they're concerned, but I think we will hear more from that in times ahead, the northern finance minister will face a few questions over that little indescretion yet I feel.

You heard me Francie:D

I read an attempt to shut somebody up and NO view on the matter in hand.

Too right Brendan.
    In the last week we've had a senator, an MLA, and unnamed officials having resigned from the main opposition over dodgy money handling.
    The money trail is over as far as they're concerned, but I think we will hear more from that in times ahead, the northern finance minister will face a few questions over that little indescretion yet I feel.

You make whatever you want of that Bish. Nobody stopping you.

Too right Brendan.

Yes Bish, the site will be used solely for govt bashing and nothing else.

The tactic is to keep the lid as tightly as poss on any SF negativity and try to divert any criticism to a backwater.

Under no circumstances let anything negative get out

That’s the orders from the Square, I would suggest.

You can’t have genuine discussion and argument on those parameters.... well in North Korea maybe.

Too right Brendan.

So let's have Leo resign and everyone can be viewed objectively?

I mean he was gunning for Hogan, not too long ago, for "error" of judgement.

Yes Bish, the site will be used solely for govt bashing and nothing else.

The tactic is to keep the lid as tightly as poss on any SF negativity and try to divert any criticism to a backwater.

Under no circumstances let anything negative get out

That’s the orders from the Square, I would suggest.

You can’t have genuine discussion and argument on those parameters.... well in North Korea maybe.

Nothing negative about SF on boards.ie?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D says the poster identifying Shinner Shills on the Radio forum???

:D:D:D:D:D:D I hear what you say Brendi.

So let's have Leo resign and everyone can be viewed objectively?

I mean he was gunning for Hogan, not too long ago, for "error" of judgement.

Then let Callinan resign for his error.

Then let the printer cartridge dude resign

Then let everyone else who transgressed resign and we’ll all end up under a dictatorship

Nothing negative about SF on boards.ie?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D says the poster identifying Shinner Shills on the Radio forum???

:D:D:D:D:D:D I hear what you say Brendi.

No you don’t Francie, no you don’t.

The old tactic, putting words in people’s mouths.

The precedent being set if there is no sanction here. The issue is more important than a single politician's career.

https://mobile.twitter.com/colettebrowne/status/1323208287265955841

• Advertisement

Then let Callinan resign for his error.

Then let the printer cartridge dude resign

Then let everyone else who transgressed resign and we’ll all end up under a dictatorship

He was Taoiseach and he gave confidential contract information to a rival.
    How do you think that would be dealt with in a corporate setting?

The leader of the country hamstrung the country's own situation in dealing with a vendor body, he gave confidential details from one private deal to their rival.

This is not trivial.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement