Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭mattser

blanch152 wrote: »
    At the moment it looks this thread has a few more years in it. Opposition have landed zero blows on Varadkar, just striving to see who can be the most apoplectic for the nine o'clock news.

Looks like someone forgot to bring the toaster, Blanch. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Toibin nailing it. The precedent for this behaviour is being set. The man is more important than principles.

To be honest and with a loud Sigh,I think Vradakar got away with it
    2 hrs and only one groan moment from the opposition about cabinet leaks where he paused to word his reply
    There was no smoking gun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Nobotty wrote: »
    2 hrs and only one groan moment from the opposition about cabinet leaks where he paused to word his reply
    There was no smoking gun

Of course he did. Nothing was going to happen outside of him talking cover and opposition asking questions.
    How high or low the dramatics may have been, Leo still leaked confidential information to a pal.
    I assume how legal that may or may not have been is being looked in to.

Another nail in the coffin for FF/FG democracy and accountability. It won't go unnoticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Nobotty wrote: »
    There was no smoking gun

Remains to be seen. Very much still a story. He was walked into making very clear statements on a number of things. I think that could be his undoing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Remains to be seen. Very much still a story. He was walked into making very clear statements on a number of things. I think that could be his undoing.

It will be his undoing for sure if someone else comes forward with something they got from cabinet via him
    Even pearse's new gun about Harris and coffee didn't smoke
    I think it was a good practice run alright if there's more on something else
    That goes almost without saying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

At the moment it looks this thread has a few more years in it. Opposition have landed zero blows on Varadkar, just striving to see who can be the most apoplectic for the nine o'clock news.

You seem utterly deluded and totally incapable of understanding, that was not a court of law that was trying to deliver some Hollywood blow to end his career. It’s just the beginning of his demise.

The damage is done, he’s toxic. His party will realise this. We are the electorate, a huge amount of people detest this man this week, that did not last week. You have absolutely no understanding of politics or how society reacts to such political events. Just blind ignorant loyalty, imagine having the freedom to make your own decisions about who should be in power but you still so influenced and brainwashed. You’d hope for your sake it was because you are on the FG payroll like other media spam poster here, but you most definitely are not, and don’t take that as a compliment.

I voted for FG in 2011 and 2016 by the way, just before you stick some shinner IRA muck in my direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

You seem utterly deluded and totally incapable of understanding, that was not a court of law that was trying to deliver some Hollywood blow to end his career. It’s just the beginning of his demise.

The damage is done, he’s toxic. His party will realise this. We are the electorate, a huge amount of people detest this man this week, that did not last week. You have absolutely no understanding of politics or how society reacts to such political events. Just blind ignorant loyalty, imagine having the freedom to make your own decisions about who should be in power but you still so influenced and brainwashed. You’d hope for your sake it was because you are on the FG payroll like other media spam poster here, but you most definitely are not, and don’t take that as a compliment.

I voted for FG in 2011 and 2016 by the way, just before you stick some shinner IRA muck in my direction.

Great post.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

FF and FG lads have a neck like a jockeys bollix so they will ride this one out like all the rest of the scandals in the past but the Greenies must be feeling very uncomfortable by now with one thing after another since they joined up.

But they have no choice but to stick it out because they would be smashed in a GE if it was called.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

FF and FG lads have a neck like a jockeys bollix so they will ride this one out like all the rest of the scandals in the past but the Greenies must be feeling very uncomfortable by now with one thing after another since they joined up.

But they have no choice but to stick it out because they would be smashed in a GE if it was called.

‘Smashed’. Haven’t heard that one since......well ...the H blocks marches.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'm not wrong though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Not true Brenner, you heard plenty of stories about your man up in Monaghan who smashed a glass in a bar when he himself was smashed, and smashed the smashed glass into a young lad out enjoying a few Sunday drinks because he teased him about the balls fg made of Irish water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

McMurphy wrote: »
    Not true Brenner, you heard plenty of stories about your man up in Monaghan who smashed a glass in a bar when he himself was smashed, and smashed the smashed glass into a young lad out enjoying a few Sunday drinks because he teased him about the balls fg made of Irish water.

Paisley reckons, he smashed SF one time.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/paisley-claims-he-smashed-sinn-f%C3%A9in-1.819701?mode=amp

This being the same paisley who insisted the north was British but during the foot and mouth cris wanted the cattle there to be classified as Irish because the cattle in the north are on the island of Ireland? Must be true if paisley said it so. *Shrugs*

Like, you're not even trying now bishop. Throwing out any auld shyte. :D

This being the same paisley who insisted the north was British but during the foot and mouth cris wanted the cattle there to be classified as Irish because the cattle in the north are on the island of Ireland? Must be true if paisley said it so. *Shrugs*

Like, you're not even trying now bishop. Throwing out any auld shyte. :D

Kettle pot black Mc.
    Like it wasn't a good day but dragging up old ****e hardly makes it any better.

Kettle pot black Mc.
    Like it wasn't a good day but dragging up old ****e hardly makes it any better.

Was it not Brendi that dragged up the H-Blocks?

Was it not Brendi that dragged up the H-Blocks?

True, but two ****es is just a bigger pile of ****e.

Conlans case may be very very uncomfortable, but it's hardly ancient history Bishop, is it?

I'd say yourself and Brendi's attempts had the stink coming off them myself. Two references to NI politics because somebody used the word 'smash'. Really? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

varadkar is a snake, but there was no need to go to level 5, should have stayed at level 3... the schools were also going to close for mid term, resulting in a further dropping of the figures. Aside from that, I am not really clued in about this latest episode...

Conlans case may be very very uncomfortable, but it's hardly ancient history Bishop, is it?

Hardly, but it's been dealt with both politically and legally afaik.
    On the other hand paisley's point is still valid Mc.

And there's hardly much precedent of SF decision making this side of the border Francie.

• Advertisement

Idbatterim wrote: »
    varadkar is a snake, but there was no need to go to level 5, should have stayed at level 3... the schools were also going to close for mid term, resulting in a further dropping of the figures. Aside from that, I am not really clued in about this latest episode...

My opinion idbat, Leo got away with one a lesser light wouldn't have, for instance if it was Harris even, and he minister for health at the time, I doubt he'd have got off as lightly.

My opinion idbat, Leo got away with one a lesser light wouldn't have, for instance if it was Harris even, and he minister for health at the time, I doubt he'd have got off as lightly.

All mainstream opinion has it that he is badly damaged. He is a figure of fun now. That's the reality.

All mainstream opinion has it that he is badly damaged. He is a figure of fun now. That's the reality.

For some he has a quality like Bertie and can do no wrong.
    I'm not saying some of what you say isnt true.
    But a lot of people believe he done it for genuine reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

if fg get a new leader , who will actually do what FG said they were about, I could get back onboard. Housing has to be sorted as a priority, so probably delusional thinking on my behalf. I see the corporation tax returns are nearly a billion less than forecast...

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/surprise-930m-corporation-tax-shortfall-sends-public-finances-further-into-red-1.4399051?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fbusiness%2Feconomy%2Fsurprise-930m-corporation-tax-shortfall-sends-public-finances-further-into-red-1.4399051

Rubbish. He gave a clear account of his actions. Answered the numerous questions clearly. Simon Harris also clarified his lack of contact with O’Toole, despite O’Toole saying that they had coffee on a particular day, Harris was able to provide evidence to the contrary.
    What was O’Toole after? Comes across as a bitter young man.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You been reading tweets again? Has barely figured in the mainstream media. More wishful thinking on your part.

You been reading tweets again? Has barely figured in the mainstream media. More wishful thinking on your part.

Apart from the fact it consumed all serious media here all day. More handwaving it all away. The FG strategy to a T.

Rubbish. He gave a clear account of his actions. Answered the numerous questions clearly. Simon Harris also clarified his lack of contact with O’Toole, despite O’Toole saying that they had coffee on a particular day, Harris was able to provide evidence to the contrary.

What evidence was that? Denial is not evidence.

Let's see what the response is before making any decision on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

He admitted he leaked confidential information to a pal.
    That's the issue. He did it.
    Explaining why doesn't change that, even if people believe him.
    If people are cool with it, fair enough but he still leaked confidential information to a pal.

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    He admitted he leaked confidential information to a pal.
    That's the issue. He did it.
    Explaining why doesn't change that, even if people believe him.
    If people are cool with it, fair enough but he still leaked confidential information to a pal.

Correction; He HAD to admit to something that would have remained a secret.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement