Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

All over lads... time to move on.

Nothing to see here....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

There was an apology from the Taoiseach in the Dáil yesterday on behalf of the state that got lost in the sands of the days "most important business".
    Surprised the "campaigners" on so many social issues on here didn't pick up on this.
    But of course "get rid of Leo" trumped alll else.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40075331.html

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

There was an apology from the Taoiseach in the Dáil yesterday on behalf of the state that got lost in the sands of the days "most important business".
    Surprised the "campaigners" on so many social issues on here didn't pick up on this.

Is this the same government that was being lambasted by an ill woman just a week ago or less for failing her and the rest of the cervical check victims?

Sounds a bit like Michael Martin doing photo ops with an alleged victim of abuse on the steps of the Dáil while his and FG governments fought another woman all the way to the European Courts (and lost) who was trying to protect potential abuse victims.

I don't accept that his 'apology' was genuine quite frankly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Would it not be worth discussing people getting chopped in the head with a hatch in the middle of the day in Dublin? with clear audio of a guy shouting "get him with the hatchet" yet I haven't seen one media outlet report this? any other country this would be all over news as a terrorist attack yet in Dublin not a whisper

Check UK media and it is listed on it. Is that not something which should be discussed on the government thread?

Would it not be worth discussing people getting chopped in the head with a hatch in the middle of the day in Dublin? with clear audio of a guy shouting "get him with the hatchet" yet I haven't seen one media outlet report this? any other country this would be all over news as a terrorist attack yet in Dublin not a whisper

Check UK media and it is listed on it. Is that not something which should be discussed on the government thread?

All over my news feeds...Irish Times RTE etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I know I posted this on the other Leo thread, but this clip of Peter Burke making a complete and utter haimes of him being sent out to bat for Leo is epic.

https://twitter.com/TonightVMTV/status/1323766293984661504?s=09

Blows "the govt clever strategy line" clean out of the water.

A strategy where MOT asked Harris for the contract, and was declined, then asked Leo - Leo said leave it with me, requested it, then sent it off behind everyone's back.

A strategy? Leo needs to read my signature. :pac:

No, it doesn't # forget it!
    There's so much could and should be talked about on here that gets away sk.
    I seen that story myself earlier.

Is this the same government that was being lambasted by an ill woman just a week ago or less for failing her and the rest of the cervical check victims?

Sounds a bit like Michael Martin doing photo ops with an alleged victim of abuse on the steps of the Dáil while his and FG governments fought another woman all the way to the European Courts (and lost) who was trying to protect potential abuse victims.

I don't accept that his 'apology' was genuine quite frankly.

You wouldn't, but yet you didn't mention it.
    He at least acknowledged it anyway and apologised.

McMurphy wrote: »
    I know I posted this on the other Leo thread, but this clip of Peter Burke making a complete and utter haimes of him being sent out to bat for Leo is epic.

https://twitter.com/TonightVMTV/status/1323766293984661504?s=09

A strategy where MOT asked Harris for the contract, and was declined, then asked Leo - Leo said leave it with me, requested it, then sent it off behind everyone's back.

Speaking of 'water', Harris's desperate attempt to put clear water between him and anything to do with Leo's secret solo run at the end of proceedings yesterday was significant. A clear opening salvo in his attempt to be leader.

Speaking of 'water', Harris's desperate attempt to put clear water between him and anything to do with Leo's secret solo run at the end of proceedings yesterday was significant. A clear opening salvo in his attempt to be leader.

That's probably the most interesting development from yesterday.
    The internal wrangling within FG itself is what will bring Leo down if he goes down imo.

• Advertisement

You wouldn't, but yet you didn't mention it.
    He at least acknowledged it anyway and apologised.

Why would I mention a self serving PR stunt...they happen everyday of the week with these guys.

I paid more attention to the reality facing the likes of Patricia Carrick and Vicky Phelan and the family of a much loved relative of my own who died as a result of this. The savage inability of successive power swap governments to at least alleviate them of a sapping campaign for some sort of reparation is what should be called out on these pages.

Keep the hollow apologies and praise them all you want, don't ask me to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Of course they didn't pick up on this. Over-excited chasing of Leo instead.

No, it doesn't # forget it!
    There's so much could and should be talked about on here that gets away sk.
    I seen that story myself earlier.

Would it not be worth discussing important topics? what are the government doing about crime?

The only reason the media is running it now, nothing on RTE last night or any channel, is because the majority of people have the video in watsapp

It should have been the top story on RTE!!!

Why would I mention a self serving PR stunt...they happen everyday of the week with these guys.

I paid more attention to the reality facing the likes of Patricia Carrick and Vicky Phelan and the family of a much loved relative of my own who died as a result of this. The savage inability of successive power swap governments to at least alleviate them of a sapping campaign for some sort of reparation is what should be called out on these pages.

Keep the hollow apologies and praise them all you want, don't ask me to do it.

I think you think I was mentioning this as some sort of praise of MM or govt for acknowledging their failings or other govt failings in the past.
    My intention was quite the opposite actually.
    That the Taoiseach or any minister is having to make state apologies is a sign of desperate failings of the states govt in their responsibilities.
    Yet despite this happening in the Dail yesterday, I a govt defender and Leo lover in your opinion I'd say, have to highlight this on the govt thread.
    The faux outrage some post on here on some issues like the mother and babies and Leo's Gaffe is evident when a public state apology over this issue is missed.
    Not withstanding I accept your bonafides Francie, if its not #ing yous miss a lot.

I think you think I was mention this as some sort of praise of MM or govt for acknowledging their failings or other govt failings in the past.
    That the Taoiseach or any minister is having to make state apologies is a sign of desperate failings of the states govt in their responsibilities.
    Yet despite this happening in the Dail yesterday, I a govt defender and Leo lover in your opinion I'd say, have to highlight this on the govt thread.
    The faux outrage some post on here on some issues like the mother and babies and Leo's Gaffe is evident when a public state apology over this issue is missed.
    Not withstanding I accept your bonafides Francie, if its not #ing yous miss a lot.

You tried this line yesterday bish.

I'll remind you.
    A gaffe is an unintentional mistake. Leo accidentally sent the document by courier to MOT?

Gaffe my arse. :D

IMG-20201103-093009.jpg

You tried this line yesterday bish.

I'll remind you.

At least I'm consistent and you still pass over the rest with #Leo.

At least I'm consistent.

You say gaffe, Leo said clever strategy.

That is considered consistent? :D

You say gaffe, Leo said clever strategy.

That is considered consistent? :D

Leo doesn't speak for me or vice versa. Can't see your point.
    My opinion is that Leo did what he did to show off to a friend what he as Taoiseach could do and it went sour as the friend showed off his, contact with the Taoiseach to someone else.
    Wrong yes, but not intentional in the way it was interpreted.
    A Gaffe, and that's not excusing what he did either.

I think you think I was mentioning this as some sort of praise of MM or govt for acknowledging their failings or other govt failings in the past.

Government proceeded as normal outside of the 'crisis' yesterday. The Dáil was in session until the early hours as far as I know. That wasn't mentioned here either.

Why didn't you give an 'opinion' of the apology yourself without trying to point at others for not doing so?

Odd way to do t Bish, if you weren't looking for government praise.

Man up, mention these things yourself on the government thread if they are important to you.

Government proceeded as normal outside of the 'crisis' yesterday. The Dáil was in session until the early hours as far as I know. That wasn't mentioned here either.

Why didn't you give an 'opinion' of the apology yourself without trying to point at others for not doing so?

Odd way to do t Bish, if you weren't looking for government praise.

Man up, mention these things yourself on the government thread if they are important to you.

I did.

• Advertisement

I did.

Yes, you mentioned it as a way to criticise others for not mentioning it. Poking fun at them as
    'campaigners'.

Rubbish. He gave a clear account of his actions. Answered the numerous questions clearly. Simon Harris also clarified his lack of contact with O’Toole, despite O’Toole saying that they had coffee on a particular day, Harris was able to provide evidence to the contrary.
    What was O’Toole after? Comes across as a bitter young man.

https://twitter.com/Michael_O_Regan/status/1323681400806166528?s=19

Yes, you mentioned it as a way to criticise others for not mentioning it. Poking fun at them as

That too.
    I read the story and couldn't help but pick up on the emotion of it.
    A husband bringing a tablet to the bedside of his dying wife.
    Her and him watching it and waiting for the Taoiseach to give her a public apology, knowing that apart from acknowledgement of the wrong that was done to her and others, that was all she could hope for.
    This for me was the real govt criticism of the day, fcuk Leo and whether he survives or not, she won't and many others haven't and will still die over this yet probably.
    There's a tragedy lost there in the midst of get Leo.
    That's not to say shut up about Leo, carry on, but there are more important things happening and yous are seeming lost in the one thing.

That too.
    I read the story and couldn't help but pick up on the emotion of it.
    A husband bringing a tablet to the bedside of his dying wife.
    Her and him watching it and waiting for the Taoiseach to give her a public apology, knowing that apart from acknowledgement of the wrong that was done to her and others, that was all she could hope for.
    This for me was the real govt criticism of the day, fcuk Leo and whether he survives or not, she won't and many others haven't and will still die over this yet probably.
    There's a tragedy lost there in the midst of get Leo.
    That's not to say shut up about Leo, carry on, but there are more important things happening and yous are seeming lost in the one thing.

Again. the tragedy may have been lost on you and it required this to bring it to your attention. Don't dare to speak for others.

And your point is?

You can't read?

You're indulging in the same thing Leo is trying to do.
    O Tuathail, Leo’s non-friend, is now under the bus. Has he met Naughten, Calleary, Hogan?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

You can't read?

O Tuathail, Leo’s non-friend, is now under the bus. Has he met Naughten, Calleary, Hogan?

What about Barry Cowen? Or is he allowed anywhere near road vehicles anymore?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

You can't read?

They are under party orders and therefore will only post what the party has told them to post. Remember for poor MaryAnne she only relies on RTE, Irish time and Indo for her information, any other media outlet outside of these she dismisses as fake news.

You can't read?

You posted a link without your own view/comment. Just wondering why?

• Advertisement

Does anyone actually take Pearse Doherty seriously anymore? well apart from SF fans. It was fun at the start as nobody had seen him ranting and raving before, now no matter what the topic is or what the conversation is, it's the exact same ranting and raving.

Maybe it is time he tried a new approach.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement