Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Does anyone actually take Pearse Doherty seriously anymore? well apart from SF fans. It was fun at the start as nobody had seen him ranting and raving before, now no matter what the topic is or what the conversation is, it's the exact same ranting and raving.

Maybe it is time he tried a new approach.

You see rant, others, including journalists not remotely noted as fans of SF, saw forensic questioning of a badly wounded Tanaiste and on other occasions.

https://twitter.com/Michael_O_Regan/status/1323697611304554497
    https://twitter.com/Michael_O_Regan/status/1147784166207107073

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

The green party are in government
    The greens are heading DCC

400 trees are being cut to put in an asphalt covered cycleway in Dublin

400 Trees

Some greens they are

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Does anyone actually take Pearse Doherty seriously anymore? well apart from SF fans. It was fun at the start as nobody had seen him ranting and raving before, now no matter what the topic is or what the conversation is, it's the exact same ranting and raving.

Yes I believe so, Leo Varadkar for one definitely took him fairly seriously last night.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1323690028149723137?s=19

Have we met before btw?

Anyone know what day of the week this is? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

I said before that every party needed a salesman, and he is SF's. Great for a soundbite, but little idea what he's really at. I've probably mentioned it a hundred times, but the apple tax and pension age plans were absolutely crazy. But the fans lap it up or bury their heads in the sand.

But anyway, I watched a good bit of oireachtas TV over the last day or so and it's a fairly depressing bunch we have elected in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

McMurphy wrote: »
    Yes I believe so, Leo Varadkar for one definitely took him fairly seriously last night.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1323690028149723137?s=19

Have we met before btw?

Anyone know what day of the week this is? :D

More ranting and raving. Leo was sipping away on a drink :P doesn't look like he gave a sh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Is this the same government that was being lambasted by an ill woman just a week ago or less for failing her and the rest of the cervical check victims?

Sounds a bit like Michael Martin doing photo ops with an alleged victim of abuse on the steps of the Dáil while his and FG governments fought another woman all the way to the European Courts (and lost) who was trying to protect potential abuse victims.

I don't accept that his 'apology' was genuine quite frankly.

Well like with Leo. All the apologies in the world mean nothing if we've no accountability or lessons learned.

You see rant, others, including journalists not remotely noted as fans of SF, saw forensic questioning of a badly wounded Tanaiste and on other occasions.

https://twitter.com/Michael_O_Regan/status/1323697611304554497
    https://twitter.com/Michael_O_Regan/status/1147784166207107073

You are claiming now journalists are unbiased? :p

McMurphy wrote: »
    I know I posted this on the other Leo thread, but this clip of Peter Burke making a complete and utter haimes of him being sent out to bat for Leo is epic.

https://twitter.com/TonightVMTV/status/1323766293984661504?s=09

Blows "the govt clever strategy line" clean out of the water.

A strategy where MOT asked Harris for the contract, and was declined, then asked Leo - Leo said leave it with me, requested it, then sent it off behind everyone's back.

A strategy? Leo needs to read my signature. :pac:

Pete sounds like the team on here :)

You are claiming now journalists are unbiased? :p

Well if you knew anything about Michael O'Regan you would know his Twitter views on SF.

Would it not be worth discussing important topics? what are the government doing about crime?

The only reason the media is running it now, nothing on RTE last night or any channel, is because the majority of people have the video in watsapp

It should have been the top story on RTE!!!

They'll only discuss housing as it relates to dole spongers and homelessness as it pertains to people pretending. In short FG don't do it.

Hold your horses. We'll need wait on the results of any investigation into Leo first.

• Advertisement

You posted a link without your own view/comment. Just wondering why?

Any chance you'll start answering questions Maryanne? You post ludicrous statements passing them as fact then move on when called out.

What did he say that was incorrect?

More ranting and raving. Leo was sipping away on a drink :P doesn't look like he gave a sh*t.

You claiming Leo's apology was insincere?

Bowie wrote: »
    Any chance you'll start answering questions Maryanne? You post ludicrous statements passing them as fact then move on when called out.

What questions do you want me to answer?

What questions do you want me to answer?

Do you still believe he did nothing wrong, if so what did he apologise for?
    Do you still believe the contents were already in the public domain, despite Leo and the facts disagreeing with you?

What did he say that was incorrect?

Did I say the message was wrong? the way he delivers it is the issue. If he wasn't constantly ranting and raving more people would actually listen. He has bought into the "if I shout loudest people will listen". Unfortunately that doesn't work.

You claiming Leo's apology was insincere?

Leo is a slippery one, he knew exactly what he was doing when he shared that document. He was sitting laughing at all the opposition, do you not think so? just look at him, he is reading and drinking, he didn't give a sh*t what Pearse was saying.

Do you still believe he did nothing wrong, if so what did he apologise for?
    Do you still believe the contents were already in the public domain, despite Leo and the facts disagreeing with you?

I’m very touched that you rate my opinion so highly. Thank you for that. Seeing as you already know my opinion, I’m not going to bore other posters by repeating it.

Did I say the message was wrong? the way he delivers it is the issue. If he wasn't constantly ranting and raving more people would actually listen. He has bought into the "if I shout loudest people will listen". Unfortunately that doesn't work.

So it's not the content but how he delivers it you don't like.
    That's fair enough. Thankfully we have people speaking truthfully in opposition holding the government to account.

Leo is a slippery one, he knew exactly what he was doing when he shared that document. He was sitting laughing at all the opposition, do you not think so? just look at him, he is reading and drinking, he didn't give a sh*t what Pearse was saying.

I take it you do not approve of Leo's actions or are you an admirer of the cute hoor type, (not that Leo is IMO, he got caught and had to apologise) regardless of what they do and any consequences there may be?
    I don't think FG give a **** about many things. It's not to be commended IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Nothing wrong with that, Ess.

I’m very touched that you rate my opinion so highly. Thank you for that. Seeing as you already know my opinion, I’m not going to bore other posters by repeating it.

So that's a yes. Bizarre Maryanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Nothing wrong with that, Ess.

Not giving a sh!t what Pearse is saying should be a minimum qualification to become a TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

So that's a yes. Bizarre Maryanne.

I think it was you who stated what her opinion is.

All she said was that if you knew what her opinion is, she doesn't need to confirm it.

Whether or not you represented her opinion correctly is not the question you asked.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Not giving a sh!t what Pearse is saying should be a minimum qualification to become a TD.

Should really take the facts on board. Relying on FG spin has you were you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

A bit of a rift, with Varadkar taking the Taoiseach side over Coveney.
    Seething Coveney it seems and perhaps payback by Leo, don't know yet what to make of it.
    But I'd be thinking things migh not be comfortable for a while in the FG camp.
    https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic-of-ireland/major-row-breaks-out-in-irish-cabinet-over-shared-island-unit-39706058.html

A bit of a rift, with Varadkar taking the Taoiseach side over Coveney.
    Seething Coveney it seems and perhaps payback by Leo, don't know yet what to make of it.
    But I'd be thinking things migh not be comfortable for a while in the FG camp.
    https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic-of-ireland/major-row-breaks-out-in-irish-cabinet-over-shared-island-unit-39706058.html

Any guesses who might have leaked Cabinet meeting details?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Any guesses who might have leaked Cabinet meeting details?

No:D

Things are deteriorating in the coalition.

https://twitter.com/Independent_ie/status/1324128062322081793

• Advertisement

I take it you do not approve of Leo's actions or are you an admirer of the cute hoor type, (not that Leo is IMO, he got caught and had to apologise) regardless of what they do and any consequences there may be?
    I don't think FG give a **** about many things. It's not to be commended IMO.

I don't approve, who would approve of it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement