Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

King.... you are relatively new here.....let me mark your card.

As most see it ,it’s a mud slinging exercise against the Govt ..no discussion, just keep horsing the negativity ‘up on the board’ and hope some sticks.

Doesn’t have to make any sense, or reasoning, or proof, or economic sense.

You will get the hang of it fairly soon when the lads wake up.

And it is only those who do not support the government that sling mud is it? I think you will find that folks on all sides are quite capable at slinging mud at each other. Just because you support the government and make excuses for them that doesn't make you holier that holy now Brendi, you and your fellow government supporters are just as capable at mud slinging as those who may not support the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Floppybits wrote: »
    Well at least they paid it back, it will be a cold day in hell before Darragh Murphy pays back what he took.

Look FF, FG and SF are as bad as each other, you can bet that there is a lot of dodgy stuff going on with people claiming money they shouldn't and only when they are caught do they put there hands up. There should really be a zero tolerance on this carry on and any TD's found to scamming the system or what ever you want to call it should lose their seats simple as that and it should be made clear to them all that this will be the consequences if they are found to be doing these sort of things. At the moment this "mea culpa" excuse has gone too far.

I agree. The folks on here that accept wrongdoings at the taxpayer expense because they are loyal to their inherited party need to take a long hard look at themselves. I am sure the political system disgusts even the most hardened FF/FG/SF/Lab/SD supporters but corruption needs to be stamped out and we need more honest and intelligent TDs.

Dara Murphy, for example, was a disgrace and should have been sanctioned financially but he continues to look back and laugh at the idiot electorate.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I agree. The folks on here that accept wrongdoings at the taxpayer expense because they are loyal to their inherited party need to take a long hard look at themselves. I am sure the political system disgusts even the most hardened FF/FG/SF/Lab/SD supporters but corruption needs to be stamped out and we need more honest and intelligent TDs.

Dara Murphy, for example, was a disgrace and should have been sanctioned financially but he continues to look back and laugh at the idiot electorate.

And yet you don’t seem to have a problem with Cullinane exulting in ‘breaking the bastard State’, with the Bobby parade, with the money resting in the bank accounts’

You see this is the problem, folk come on here all froth on their chins over Leo,and Murphy, but seem to tolerate what I would suggest is just as bad.

Then trying to bat that away with the excuse of other threads.

Criticism is much more valid from those who don’t transgress and hold their standards and be prepared to discuss their issues too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

And yet you don’t seem to have a problem with Cullinane exulting in ‘breaking the bastard State’, with the Bobby parade, with the money resting in the bank accounts’

You see this is the problem, folk come on here all froth on their chins over Leo,and Murphy, but seem to tolerate what I would suggest is just as bad.

Criticism is much more valid from those who don’t transgress and hold their standards and be prepared to discuss their issues too.

Bull**** BB and you know it. Always the SF card. So simplistic for you. Where did I defend SF wrongdoing? Give me a single example please. Just one.

I have often said that I do not like Cullinane. After his election singsong I will always treat him with disdain.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Again out with the old and worn but what about SF excuse? I don't like SF but its getting worn and tired and if that is the only defense the government or FG have then you may as well give up now. Defend the government or FG or FF on their merits but stop with but look at what SF did.

It's not exactly like FG are a shining light of virtue with the carry on of Darragh Murphy and lets not forget the FG party were also exposed for not paying tax for 9 years and lets not get started on FF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Again out with the old and worn but what about SF excuse? I don't like SF but its getting worn and tired and if that is the only defense the government or FG have then you may as well give up now. Defend the government or FG or FF on their merits but stop with but look at what SF did.

It's not exactly like FG are a shining light of virtue with the carry on of Darragh Murphy and lets not forget the FG party were also exposed for not paying tax for 9 years and lets not get started on FF.

The "I don't like SF" motif is also getting tired, when you hear it repeatedly from posters whose positions on every single issue from policy to personality is indistinguishable from Sinn Fein.

blanch152 wrote: »
    The "I don't like SF" motif is also getting tired, when you hear it repeatedly from posters whose positions on every single issue from policy to personality is indistinguishable from Sinn Fein.

I thought you were banned. Still looking for Sinners under the bed, did you forget to check the wardrobe. I am not a supporter of any party and my vote goes to the party that promises to deliver for the country not based on the way my dad or my grandfather would have voted. I will take each party on their merits unfortunately I feel for the Green crap in the last election and gave them my number 2 where for FF , FG and SF I gave them no votes. So there you go. You keep look for the Sinners under the bed. I will be happy in the next election to add the Green party to the list of parties not getting a vote from me. The list sure is getting shorter and shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The old I'm a green member voter anyway facade is well worn. You know a party is ****e when you can't even say you're a supporter online.

I thought you were banned. Still looking for Sinners under the bed, did you forget to check the wardrobe. I am not a supporter of any party and my vote goes to the party that promises to deliver for the country not based on the way my dad or my grandfather would have voted. I will take each party on their merits unfortunately I feel for the Green crap in the last election and gave them my number 2 where for FF , FG and SF I gave them no votes. So there you go. You keep look for the Sinners under the bed. I will be happy in the next election to add the Green party to the list of parties not getting a vote from me. The list sure is getting shorter and shorter.

What makes you think I was banned?

I have done nothing to deserve getting banned, despite the army of posters reporting me.

Edgware wrote: »
    So if they hadnt been found out it would be grand for them to toddle along 10 grand the better.

In the case of one of them, the money was paid into a personal account.

Imagine if Leo had had money paid into a personal account. Boards wouldn't be able to handle the number of posts crying and screaming about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Imagine if Leo had had money paid into a personal account. Boards wouldn't be able to handle the number of posts crying and screaming about that.

Those involved were taken to task over what happened and rightly resigned their roles - unlike the leak.

The bigger question is the way the money was being sent out by Dianne Dodds department - 700 payments made to accounts which didn't even apply for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The money was paid in error blanch, you might be on to something here if the Shinner involved actually made a claim for the money, but she didn't - she was one of over 400 who received money from a DUP dept, the fact they said nothing about the money for three months until the Nolan show covered it, was why she was made to resign.

I keep asking and no-one seems to want to answer, in light of the fact she was made resign, what else would you like to see happen to her, and the others who were made resign?

You're at nothing here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

McMurphy wrote: »
    The money was paid in error blanch, you might be on to something here if the Shinner involved actually made a claim for the money, but she didn't - she was one of over 400 who received money from a DUP dept, the fact they said nothing about the money for three months until the Nolan show covered it, was why she was made to resign.

I keep asking and no-one seems to want to answer, in light of the fact she was made resign, what else would you like to see happen to her, and the others who were made resign?

You're at nothing here.

I think they should have criminal charges taken against them. If this was a normal person they would contact the relevant bank and send the money back. They hide it in the hope they would never have to return it.

Based on this it is theft, that was a link which came up with a simple google: https://www.money.co.uk/guides/can-you-keep-money-accidentally-paid-into-your-bank-account.htm

If you rob a bank, do you now get off if without any criminal charges if you give the money back once caught?

I think they should have criminal charges taken against them. If this was a normal person they would contact the relevant bank and send the money back. They hide it in the hope they would never have to return it.

Based on this it is theft, that was a link which came up with a simple google: https://www.money.co.uk/guides/can-you-keep-money-accidentally-paid-into-your-bank-account.htm

If you rob a bank, do you now get off if without any criminal charges if you give the money back once caught?

Did you just compare robbing a bank with a govt dept paying someone by mistake:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Did you just compare robbing a bank with a govt dept paying someone by mistake:confused:

Maybe not the best comparison, but it is clear that if money was paid by mistake you have to notify the bank, hiding it is counted as theft. Or you disagree with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

SF are the opposition. Are we only allowed criticise on issues SF don't? Don't be silly. In any case, so what if SF have the same criticisms? FG can't hide behind that, try as they might.
    What makes you think I was banned?

I have done nothing to deserve getting banned, despite the army of posters reporting me.

How do you know?
    That's paranoia right there comrade :)

If Leo had been sent it, without asking, returned it and resigned, while not being in this jurisdiction? unlikely.

You're at nothing here.

There is something very suspicious about money from government for a political party being paid into the personal account of a public representative and their spouse.

It certainly sends out alarms.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

There is something very suspicious about money from government for a political party being paid into the personal account of a public representative and their spouse.

Aye Dianne Dodds loves nothing more than paying out money to SF :rolleyes:

There is something very suspicious about money from government for a political party being paid into the personal account (in error by a DUP department) of a public representative and their spouse.

Fyp. You omitted a fairly crucial piece of information blanch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Fyp. You omitted a fairly crucial piece of information blanch.

The money was incorrectly sent to all accounts (incorrectly) that were in receipt of small business rate relief. Now correct me if I'm wrong but the Small Business Rate Relief (SBRR) scheme is a Northern Ireland government initiative, whose aim is to support the growth and sustainability of small businesses in Northern Ireland, by providing some small business owners with rate relief. Why were Sinn Fein MLAs and senators getting this relief in the first place? Is their constituency offices a sustainable small business?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

joeguevara wrote: »
    The money was incorrectly sent to all accounts (incorrectly) that were in receipt of small business rate relief. Now correct me if I'm wrong but the Small Business Rate Relief (SBRR) scheme is a Northern Ireland government initiative, whose aim is to support the growth and sustainability of small businesses in Northern Ireland, by providing some small business owners with rate relief. Why were Sinn Fein MLAs and senators getting this relief in the first place? Is their constituency offices a sustainable small business?

It was sent to everyone who paid rates. Simples. A data base full of addresses.

The grants were automatically paid to businesses that paid 15k or more per annum in business rates.

Political offices didn't qualify for the payments though, there's no conspiracy here for you I'm afraid.

The Shinners who were aware of receiving the funds, and didn't return them when they became aware were made resign.

Thsts about it really.

The grants were automatically paid to businesses that paid 15k or more per annum in business rates.

Political offices didn't qualify for the payments though, there's no conspiracy here for you I'm afraid.

The Shinners who were aware of receiving the funds, and didn't return them when they became aware were made resign.

Thsts about it really.

Why are they entitled to small business rate relief. THey are not a business.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    It was sent to everyone who paid rates. Simples. A data base full of addresses.

Was it not sent to people who claimed rate relief? If it was sent to everyone who paid rates, how many other offices returned it after they had received it incorrectly?

Thsts about it really.

Robbing money is conspiracy enough for me.

Why are they entitled to small business rate relief. THey are not a business.

Eh?

Did you read my post? They weren't entitled to the payment, political offices didn't quality:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Was it not sent to people who claimed rate relief? If it was sent to everyone who paid rates, how many other offices returned it after they had received it incorrectly?

I don't know how many returned it. But I believe the figure currently stands at approx 400 who didn't. PSNI investigating.

Eh?

Did you read my post? They weren't entitled to the payment, political offices didn't quality:confused:

Apologies. Hold my hands up. I thought that there was an additional relief that had to be applied for. Your explanation has informed me that I was wrong.

Thsts about it really.

Thank you for acknowledging the point that it was returned because it was paid to political offices.......................... but............. the money was resting in a personal account of a Sinn Fein representative and her spouse, not in an account belonging to a political office. That is the real question that exposes the murky depths of Sinn Fein finances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Thank you for acknowledging the point that it was returned because it was paid to political offices.......................... but............. the money was resting in a personal account of a Sinn Fein representative and her spouse, not in an account belonging to a political office. That is the real question that exposes the murky depths of Sinn Fein finances.

Should this not be discussed in the relevant thread?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement