Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Hotels around the border were full of Dubs for the last month escaping their level 3 restrictions so it's pointless having restrictions and no powers of enforcement.

No Mrs Green Blanch has confirmed the reason for more cases in Republic is wait for it
    "People in the South are genetically different to the North and less prone to the disease"

Fairways hotel in Dundalk was full of D reg cars the weekend, ****ing Northerners

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

WOW just WOW

I was born in Newry, am i genetically different to my brother who was born in Dundalk hospital?

Have you any data that suggets Northern people are coming down here spreading the disease more than all the people from South going up north?

People in the south are not following the guidelines, its the reason cases are going up in nearly every county.

So it's not the govts fault, glad that's sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,159 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

If Dubs are ignoring restrictions en masse, yes BoH that is the fault of those tasked to enforce the restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

No Mrs Gren Blanch has confirmed the reason for more cases in Dundalk is wait for it
    "People in the South are genetically different to the North and less prone to the disease"

Fairways hotel in Dundalk was full of D reg cars the weekend, ****ing Northerners

McKevitts in Carlingford got a bad review on Tripadvisor for refusing to serve a family of Dubs a couple of weeks ago. The area is now nicknamed Coronaford with all the people travelling up to their second homes at the weekends.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/hotel-owner-taken-aback-at-response-after-refusing-diners-from-lockdown-dublin-1019352.html

Then its not the Govts fault up North either, "people up there are genetically different to the South and more prone to the disease"

• Advertisement

If Dubs are ignoring restrictions en masse, yes BoH that is the fault of those tasked to enforce the restrictions.

We'd need the army and the Gardai on every street corner and in every housing estate and country road ffs.
    It's impossible to police the restrictions and you all know that.
    You have to rely on public compliance and even if 90 + percent comply then the others spread it.

Then its not the Govts fault up North either, "people up there are genetically different to the South and more prone to the disease"

Posted that earlier, and again I say to the ones portraying our govt as being at fault, your good self included, look at our main oppositions attempt at it up north if you're going down the road of pointing to political blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Nobotty wrote: »
    I can see why you are getting a reputation for the anti leo posts,Even I'm starting to notice it :D:D

I put my hand up as being anti Leo. He's our own trump. A serious obstacle to progress in our country and will do more or less anything to hold onto power including attacking medical experts.

I'd be largely blaming SF for their whole party participation at the Storey funeral for a lot of the apathy up north now tbh BTW.
    Their general message is always going to be sullied by that event.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I'd be largely blaming SF for their whole party participation at the Storey funeral for a lot of the apathy up north now tbh BTW.

And the Garda funeral that took place bang on in the middle of the Lockdown whatever about the shinners ill thought out funeral, at least the Shinners took place when lockdown was lifted?

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    And the Garda funeral that took place bang on in the middle of the Lockdown whatever about the shinners ill thought out funeral, at least the Shinners took place when lockdown was lifted?

No i dont blame SF for that!

No i dont blame SF for that!

No I wasn't asking if you were, I was specifically referring to this part.
    funeral for a lot of the apathy up north now tbh BTW.

Do you think that the funeral of Garda Horkan, could have resulted in any "apathy down here"?

Do you think that the funeral of Garda Horkan, could have resulted in any "apathy down here"?

Or Golfgate?

We'd need the army and the Gardai on every street corner and in every housing estate and country road ffs.
    It's impossible to police the restrictions and you all know that.
    You have to rely on public compliance and even if 90 + percent comply then the others spread it.

You previously posted "Yes, cross spread is a big problem, close the border except for essential movements might help there"

You would need at least 10 army and gardai at all 300 crossings

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The people banging on here about our govts failures are for the most part supporters of a major partner in govt up North.
    If that's your view, that our govt is to blame, then at least cop on and admit that the main opposition are as much to blame and indeed given the numbers where they govern, a damn sight worse.

This is exactly the hypocrisy at play from the terrorism apologists.

You get posters saying that our government is terrible and has let the country down by not imposing Level 5, when at the same time, their party is running with less restrictions and higher cases and is blameless!!

blanch152 wrote: »

You get posters saying that our government is terrible and has let the country down by not imposing Level 5, when at the same time, their party is running with less restrictions and higher cases and is blameless!!

Thats a bit harsh, Northern people get Covid easier because they are genetically different.

You still havnt answered my question am I more at risk than my brother as I was born in Newry?

You blame The Govt up North but say they are blameless down here

Pot Kettle

I will make it easy for you to understand

(1) The lockdown restrictions on funerals had not been lifted in the North at the time of the Storey funeral. The regulations were changed the following day. This is a persistent lie from those defending the Storey funeral.

(2) The Storey funeral was not a funeral, it was fake, it was a political rally with the man cremated while there was a fake graveside oration.

(3) You correctly point out that the virus does not distinguish between what happened at one gathering or another. However, people can distinguish. People can understand the necessity to have a State funeral for a garda killed in the line of duty for Ireland and they can appreciate that the Taoiseach did not attend and showed his respects elsewhere in a socially distanced way. On the other hand, people can see the paramilitary burial for a criminal thug and conclude that if it is all right for them, it is all right for everyone.

You blame The Govt up North but say they are blameless down here

Pot Kettle

No, I have said that the government down here must be performing relatively better than the government in the North, because the figures are lower, absent any other reason.

That does not mean they are blameless. But it does mean that any criticism from a Sinn Fein perspective must be considered in the above context.

Thats a bit harsh, Northern people get Covid easier because they are genetically different.

You still havnt answered my question am I more at risk than my brother as I was born in Newry?

What are you talking about? I gave that as an option, not as my belief.

The rates are higher in the North than in the South. I believe the reason is because the government up there is doing a bad job.

Why do you think it is worse up there?

• Advertisement

What are you talking about? I gave that as an option, not as my belief.

The rates are higher in the North than in the South. I believe the reason is because the government up there is doing a bad job.

Why do you think it is worse up there?

Could be plenty of reasons, people from Dublin etc coming up North and towards areas like Dundalk, Carlingford, Donegal for a wee break to get outta the level 3 they were in.
    They requested help from Westminster which has been slow coming for financial support so they could have more restirtions.
    Could be the fact the DUP think alls going well.
    Could be the hundreds celebrating in the streets of many towns after N Irelands win on Thurs in Bosnia.

The rates are not great here (no matter whats happening up in the 6 counties) and I think the reason is the Govt are doing a bad job

(1) The lockdown restrictions on funerals had not been lifted in the North at the time of the Storey funeral. The regulations were changed the following day. This is a persistent lie from those defending the Storey funeral.

(2) The Storey funeral was not a funeral, it was fake, it was a political rally with the man cremated while there was a fake graveside oration.

(3) You correctly point out that the virus does not distinguish between what happened at one gathering or another. However, people can distinguish. People can understand the necessity to have a State funeral for a garda killed in the line of duty for Ireland and they can appreciate that the Taoiseach did not attend and showed his respects elsewhere in a socially distanced way. On the other hand, people can see the paramilitary burial for a criminal thug and conclude that if it is all right for them, it is all right for everyone.

Social distancing was at the same level at both funerals so ones as bad as the other. Your loyalist mates had a big funeral on the Sandy Row recently and not a peep out of the FFG bots......

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1309524028999294979

The funeral was not fake, unless their was no body in the church, have you asked the priest how he felt about having a fake funeral mass with nobody in the coffin

People looked at Golfgate and thought if they can have sessions why cant we.

Our 2 Govt leaders are at loggerheadds, it is like watching Michelle and Arlene, one says black the other says white

Social distancing was at the same level at both funerals so ones as bad as the other. Your loyalist mates had a big funeral on the Sandy Row recently and not a peep out of the FFG bots......

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1309524028999294979

Hasnt been a peep outta Arlene and the DUP since it either

Hasnt been a peep outta Arlene and the SUP since it either

No mention of it by Nolan or his lover Bwyson either, funny that.

No mention of it by Nolan or his lover Bwyson either, funny that.

Nolan too busy chasing young ones around the Holylands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Would people STOP going on about the funerals and the Golf and concentrate on the here and now dangers

I know 5 or 6 of yez here love the digs at one another but Jesus could you do it somewhere in private and talk about the here and now
    Its a boring tit for tat and you are at it so long and love it so much,you hate party poopers like me dumping your apple cart
    Get over it and enter the here and now
    We have a problem
    Solutions not bickering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

More lies, the corporate taxation rate in Hungary is 9%.

I believe it's 0 in Slovenia

Just because you keep repeating it doesn't make it so blanch.
    25 June – The Northern Ireland Executive agrees to reduce social distancing from two metres to one metre from 29 June, as well as a raft of other lockdown easing measures for Northern Ireland. These include reopening betting shops on 3 July, reopening of close contact services such as spas and tattoo parlours on 6 July, reopening indoor gyms and playgrounds from 10 July, reopening libraries from 16 July, resuming competitive sport from 17 July, reopening bingo halls and arcades, theatres and cinemas from 29 July, and reopening indoor sports facilities, leisure centres, skating rinks and soft play areas from 7 August. In addition, indoor spectators at sporting events will be allowed from 28 August, and open air museums can reopen from late August.[38]

Announced June 25th - to commence on 29th of June.

Bobby Storeys funeral was June 30th.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0630/1150536-bobby-storey-funeral/
    Now,

Unless you have a source that the regulations were changed on July 1st (the day after his funeral) in the north, I'd suggest you stop fooling no-one else but yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,159 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Just because you keep repeating it doesn't make it so blanch.

Announced June 25th - to commence on 29th of June.

Bobby Storeys funeral was June 30th.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0630/1150536-bobby-storey-funeral/
    Now,

Unless you have a source that the regulations were changed on July 1st (the day after his funeral) in the north, I'd suggest you stop fooling no-one else but yourself.

It abundantly clear that these lads will cling to 'one' funeral for as long as they can. It's all they have left to promote their own party - concentrate on the failings of another party and totally ignore failings elsewhere.

the long and short of it is, everyone in every sphere right up to EU commissioner level have made mistakes with the regs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement