Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

joeguevara wrote: »
    Was it not sent to people who claimed rate relief? If it was sent to everyone who paid rates, how many other offices returned it after they had received it incorrectly?

If you paid over £15k by direct debit you automatically received a Covid rebate of £10k, no applications were necessary but public offices were exempt from the scheme

https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/coronavirus-%C2%A310000-small-business-support-grant-scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

joeguevara wrote: »
    Apologies. Hold my hands up. I thought that there was an additional relief that had to be applied for. Your explanation has informed me that I was wrong.

Fairplay Joe.

Here's a BBC article that takes the wind out of any conspiracy theory.
    A £10,000 payment was sent automatically to any business in receipt of small business rates relief, but some were found to be ineligible.

Mrs Dodds said of the 452 payments made incorrectly, 74 have been recouped by her department.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Should this not be discussed in the relevant thread?

Don't know why you are asking me.....I didn't bring the issue up.

Edgware wrote: »
    None of them are in a position to throw muck at the other. S.F. only gave the Covid money back when Nolan exposed them.
    smurgen wrote: »
    Different jurisdiction and those involved were fired. What has happened to Varadkar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

McMurphy wrote: »
    Fairplay Joe.

Ah the sackings......... Sorry resignations I should say, wind out of a few sails alright.

Ah the sackings......... Sorry resignations I should say, wind out of a few sails alright.

Grant was paid wrongly to wind turbine owners as well, ESB own quite a few

• Advertisement

Grant was paid wrongly to wind turbine owners as well, ESB own quite a few

Oh dear, was there any of them resigned or sacked.
    It's either guilt or wrongful dismissal, either way SF are guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It will be interesting to see if it comes out, how many emails were recieved over the Varadkar leaks.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40078127.html?type=amp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Fairplay Joe.

You missed my question earlier. Just wondering if you are in agreement that these people should have criminal charges against them? the money was transferred in. The people knew about it and hide it, hiding it is seen as theft. Do you agree?

Giving back the money because you got caught doesn't cover up for the initial crime

And they've been sacked or resigned so where does that leave Varadkar ?

And they've been sacked or resigned so where does that leave Varadkar ?

SF seem very quick to judge others as well as their own.
    Do you think that the SF reps that resigned should have or been sacked?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

FG guilty of glassing a man in a bar, or was it Conlon?
    Rein yourself in Bish be the hokey :)

I don't think it was worthy or resignation, but I couldn't care either way. If it was my tax money, different story. I'd want to know when they knew they got it in error and why it took so long.
    As the man says, 'It's over and done with imo. A few bowels will gutter out their faux outrage...' ;)

Bowie wrote: »
    FG guilty of glassing a man in a bar, or was it Conlon?
    Rein yourself in Bish be the hokey :)

I don't think it was worthy or resignation, but I couldn't care either way. If it was my tax money, different story. I'd want to know when they knew they got it in error and why it took so long.
    As the man says, 'It's over and done with imo. A few bowels will gutter out their faux outrage...' ;)

Well said;)
    But it shows a rush to judgement internally.
    This was done and dusted before any questions could be asked, or that was the intention anyway.
    I had noticed an easing up on Leo on here for a few weeks prior to the article in the village.
    I remarked on it a few times even.
    This little episode had to be dusted off before that.
    Cut hoors them shinners, cute hoors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Well said;)
    But it shows a rush to judgement internally.
    This was done and dusted before any questions could be asked, or that was the intention anyway.
    I had noticed an easing up on Leo on here for a few weeks prior to the article in the village.
    I remarked on it a few times even.
    This little episode had to be dusted off before that.
    Cut hoors them shinners, cute hoors.

Not so. People can ask question what was or wasn't done can be looked at. They did preemptive damage control.
    The easing up on Leo was he hadn't done anything silly. It shows folk are discussing LV as he comes up.
    Well SF were cute in acting. FG started dismissing and trying to close the book on the LV leak within 24hrs. People are jaded with FF/FG cronyism and lack of accountability. Can't see a big cheer if/when Leo reclaims the throne.

I would have zero tolerance , you fxxk up, you are gone, no exceptions,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

The money was paid in error blanch, you might be on to something here if the Shinner involved actually made a claim for the money, but she didn't - she was one of over 400 who received money from a DUP dept, the fact they said nothing about the money for three months until the Nolan show covered it, was why she was made to resign.

I keep asking and no-one seems to want to answer, in light of the fact she was made resign, what else would you like to see happen to her, and the others who were made resign?

You're at nothing here.

"a DUP dept" I thought that the over rated County Council in Stormont was power sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

To those wishing to discuss SF here. Get back on topic and or go to the relevant thread for SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Im no fan of the current regime. Let's get that straight. But the topic of electric scooters is an important one and should be discussed by the government.

Don't get the big deal over the e-scooter thing at all. They're in all the major cities in New Zealand and work absolutely fine. Rarely much hassle with them. No licence or insurance needed for the user, I think you just have to be over 18.

Having said that, NZ doesn't have the same compo culture that we have in Ireland. That's the only problem I can see with it all.

FG appointee Seamus Woulfe supplying the next episode of chaos for the government.
    Never a dull moment, storms overlapping now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Unbelievable. FFG will never be allowed to forget the Clifden Elite coronaparty.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Unbelievable. FFG will never be allowed to forget the Clifden Elite coronaparty.

Looks like the list resignations will be topped by the impeachment of a Judge. Some party! :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,635 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

FG appointee Seamus Woulfe supplying the next episode of chaos for the government.
    Never a dull moment, storms overlapping now.

Take it to the relevant thread, not this one

Nearly a week after the hatchet attack in Dublin. Nothing on RTE news about it. Nothing from the government. Is the plan just wait till people turn vigilante?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Nearly a week after the hatchet attack in Dublin. Nothing on RTE news about it. Nothing from the government. Is the plan just wait till people turn vigilante?

Government too busy policing deadly Debenhams workers!

Hatchet jobs are a pretty random event Tbf, they will happen as will all types of crimes.
    It's impossible to predict or be there for every crime.

The government has nothing to do with Debenhams. No idea why you think that has any relevance to my post? if you could explain that would be great. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Too busy wasting time at checkpoints just to put people off going to work and yet people will scream and screech about the money supposedly being wasted on renting the convention centre for todays vote of no confidence. Beggars believe

Another day and another mess for the government this time involving the Varadkar appointment to the Supreme court and there is still the Heather Humphries story of interfering in a court case floating around in the background.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Another day and another mess for the government this time involving the Varadkar appointment to the Supreme court and there is still the Heather Humphries story of interfering in a court case floating around in the background.

The general sense of a government in chaos deepens.

The general sense of a government in chaos deepens.

With all the controversary surrounding the government they do need some good news or a win. Only for Varadkar tearing into the NPHET they could have got a cheap win by reducing restrictions to level 3 a week or so early with the current numbers.

• Advertisement

Floppybits wrote: »
    With all the controversary surrounding the government they do need some good news or a win. Only for Varadkar tearing into the NPHET they could have got a cheap win by reducing restrictions to level 3 a week or so early with the current numbers.

Would you not consider the drop in number of Covid a win for the government?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement