Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

It abundantly clear that these lads will cling to 'one' funeral for as long as they can. It's all they have left to promote their own party - concentrate on the failings of another party and totally ignore failings elsewhere.

the long and short of it is, everyone in every sphere right up to EU commissioner level have made mistakes with the regs.

The bizarre thing with blanch is - he's already been over this with me - me knows fine well Lockdown restrictions were lifted north and south at the same time in June, and when I already pointed this out to him, he tried another lie - that being that "all but essential travel was banned" - Lockdown restrictions being lifted meant just that. It was during the Lockdown that all but essential travel was banned. But sure when has the truth ever mattered to blanch when he's trying to score a shinner point.

This is what you're dealing with on these threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Varadkar announcing loads on his twitter before O'Donoghue or McGrath have announced it themselves. He really fcuking annoys me.

blanch152 wrote: »
    He wrote every word himself, and will only share it with Paschal five minutes before it is delivered. He is making Martin wait until he hears it.
    titan18 wrote: »
    Varadkar announcing loads on his twitter before O'Donoghue or McGrath have announced it themselves. He really fcuking annoys me.

Blanch called it - credit where it's due.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

McMurphy wrote: »
    And the Garda funeral that took place bang on in the middle of the Lockdown whatever about the shinners ill thought out funeral, at least the Shinners took place when lockdown was lifted?
    No I wasn't asking if you were, I was specifically referring to this part.

Do you think that the funeral of Garda Horkan, could have resulted in any "apathy down here"?

Hey sunshine Garda Horkan's funeral was in Charlestown Co. Mayo.
    Are there massive number of cases in Mayo ?
    And how many politicians of the major parties attended that funeral ?

Most of the crowd were locals, people that lived with, grew up and played sport with Garda Horkan and his family,

The rest were Garda and a lot of Garda around the country held commeration services at their local stations.
    And having sadly seen another Garda State funeral in the town next door, the number of Garda attending Garda Horkan's funeral was way way lower than it would have been but for covid.

So give it a fooking rest with trying to equate his funeral with that of Storey where you had the entire sinn fein party on top of each other.

I am not allowed discuss …

jmayo wrote: »
    Hey sunshine Garda Horkan's funeral was in Charlestown Co. Mayo.
    Are there massive number of cases in Mayo ?
    And how many politicians of the major parties attended that funeral ?

Most of the crowd were locals, people that lived with, grew up and played sport with Garda Horkan and his family,

The rest were Garda and a lot of Garda around the country held commeration services at their local stations.
    And having sadly seen another Garda State funeral in the town next door, the number of Garda attending Garda Horkan's funeral was way way lower than it would have been but for covid.

So give it a fooking rest with trying to equate his funeral with that of Storey where you had the entire sinn fein party on top of each other.

Sunshine :D

No-one in the state - including Sinn Fein wanted to score points from the social distancing guidelines being disregarded at Garda Horkans funeral.

However, when people pointed at the Shinners engaging in the exact same practice, suddenly covid as a virus knew to potentially infect and reinfect at one funeral but not the others.

It's unfortunate people have to resort to using a funeral to try and score political points, but that's what you're dealing with here.

As for it "being mostly locals and members of AGS" that's fantastic, and if was great to see such a show of support from the community and his colleagues.

Unfortunately it doesn't make a blind bit of difference, if you want to chastise the Shinners well then you can't ignore the exact same thing going on shortly before..

Simple as that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Our rates are up because of the overflow from the North. Furthermore, they are still far behind the North.

Michelle O'Neill is putting the whole island in trouble.

Geographically we live on one island. Politically, there are two countries on this island. Which bit of that do you not understand?

The two countries part.

Boss, you were giving out about the 'government' in the north causing high covid rates, now we're seeing it the other side of the border you are blaming people from the north coming down. It's comedy stuff.

IMO, MON's idea of an all island coordinated quarantine makes sense when you look at the border as compared to being on an island. Do you disagree? If so, why? This is how discussion works by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Its unlikely lads jumping up and down in pubs breaking indoors restrictions celebrating club championships wins and now resulting in loads of clusters everywhere were thinking of Garda Horkan's funeral or Storey's
    They were frankly thinking of drink and pussy

So would yez all give it a rest on the funerals and the golf
    Its not also adding to what the doctor on news at one said she was hearing all the time now with patients saying 'its not the covid cough doctor we don't need a test
    How do you know she has had to say
    They don't want to do a test
    So off they go and spread away
    Irresponsible idiots

It has nothing to do with the funerals or the golf
    The funerals and the golf is just you lot's obsession

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Bowie wrote: »
    The two countries part.

Boss, you were giving out about the 'government' in the north causing high covid rates, now we're seeing it the other side of the border you are blaming people from the north coming down. It's comedy stuff.

IMO, MON's idea of an all island coordinated quarantine makes sense when you look at the border as compared to being on an island. Do you disagree? If so, why? This is how discussion works by the way.

Blanch has a chip on her little green shoulder about Northern Ireland. You would think she would like the North, considering the Greens like Sinn Fein are represented both sides on the border.

She must have had the dirty done on her by some Catholic from Derry i reckon

Nobotty wrote: »
    I can see why you are getting a reputation for the anti leo posts,Even I'm starting to notice it :D:D

Don't be brainwashed. It's a trick the FG lobby use. Dismiss or deflect from any talk about Leo. 'Men, always men' and so forth :rolleyes:
    Always willing to talk about the poster not the comment. Not a normal party.

If you find any out of context comments about LV not citing the man or referencing what he was up to in his role, fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

The two countries part.

I think there should be worst county level 5s only and stop people going in and out of those
    Penalising counties with low covid is not fair and wasted costs
    At present that would mean no one unless you absolutely have to crossing county lines
    AND POLICE that

• Advertisement

This is exactly the hypocrisy at play from the terrorism apologists.

You get posters saying that our government is terrible and has let the country down by not imposing Level 5, when at the same time, their party is running with less restrictions and higher cases and is blameless!!

Do you think the DUP and westminister have no say? Is this were I should say something like, 'for a poster who spends so much time...etc.'?

Nobody has apologised for terrorists in the BA or IRA, with exception, FG wanting a celebration of the Tans maybe.

No, I have said that the government down here must be performing relatively better than the government in the North, because the figures are lower, absent any other reason.

That does not mean they are blameless. But it does mean that any criticism from a Sinn Fein perspective must be considered in the above context.

So the government are right to ignore NPHET?

titan18 wrote: »

That's what he does. He must be horrible to deal with professionally.

That's what he does. He must be horrible to deal with professionally.

If Donnelly and Martin did indeed purposely leave him out of the loop about NPHET wanting us to jump to level five, you can make a fairly reasonable assumption why tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

If Donnelly and Martin did indeed purposely leave him out of the loop about NPHET wanting us to jump to level five, you can make a fairly reasonable assumption why tbh.

No IF about it, 100% they did, sure you can still see the rage coming out of him.

Fair play to the 2 lads, I have gained alot of respect for them, MM especially. At least he has now shown Leadership by saying Leo back in your box im the boss

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Why does he need to be in the loop immediately. He's not Taoiseach, he's not Minister of Health and he's not the CMO.

He's also upstaging his own with O'Donoghue, not just the FF ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Just because you keep repeating it doesn't make it so blanch.

Announced June 25th - to commence on 29th of June.

Bobby Storeys funeral was June 30th.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0630/1150536-bobby-storey-funeral/
    Now,

Unless you have a source that the regulations were changed on July 1st (the day after his funeral) in the north, I'd suggest you stop fooling no-one else but yourself.
    It abundantly clear that these lads will cling to 'one' funeral for as long as they can. It's all they have left to promote their own party - concentrate on the failings of another party and totally ignore failings elsewhere.

the long and short of it is, everyone in every sphere right up to EU commissioner level have made mistakes with the regs.
    The bizarre thing with blanch is - he's already been over this with me - me knows fine well Lockdown restrictions were lifted north and south at the same time in June, and when I already pointed this out to him, he tried another lie - that being that "all but essential travel was banned" - Lockdown restrictions being lifted meant just that. It was during the Lockdown that all but essential travel was banned. But sure when has the truth ever mattered to blanch when he's trying to score a shinner point.

This is what you're dealing with on these threads.

Just to put you back in your box of gifs, I'll respond this time, with a link from the BBC:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-53305886

"Churches said they were told the changes announced by the executive on Monday did not extend to indoor services, putting a question mark over Michelle O'Neill's attendance at the requiem mass for Mr Storey.

New guidance on funeral services was not officially changed on the Department of Health's website until Thursday night - two days after Mr Storey's funeral."

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

I will say that Francie is right on one thing - lots of people right up to EU commissioner level have made mistakes with the regs - but if you are in Sinn Fein, you don't apologise, you don't resign. A different party to all the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Just to put you back in your box of gifs, I'll respond this time, with a link from the BBC:

"Churches said they were told the changes announced by the executive on Monday did not extend to indoor services, putting a question mark over Michelle O'Neill's attendance at the requiem mass for Mr Storey.

New guidance on funeral services was not officially changed on the Department of Health's website until Thursday night - two days after Mr Storey's funeral."

I will say that Francie is right on one thing - lots of people right up to EU commissioner level have made mistakes with the regs - but if you are in Sinn Fein, you don't apologise, you don't resign. A different party to all the rest.

Correct and right Blanch, these lads will dance on the head of a pin for months eventually trying to tire one out.

Well done for putting them in their box.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

So the only issue is one member of SF going to mass for which she apologised.

Keep up Blanch, I never mentioned "indoor funeral restrictions" this is another argument you invented and now wish to run with lol :D, I mentioned lockdowns being lifted, meaning people were free to travel to any other point on the island they seen fit.

Besides, you have been harping on for long enough now that "it wasn't a funeral" - now it is?

Is your real name Felipe Fillop?

• Advertisement

NI is up in a heap now, out of control.

That’s what happens when a bunch of populists are given a bit of power.

No hard decisions, just promise nirvana to everyone.

No wonder they have no chance of forming a govt down South.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

NI is up in a heap now, out of control.

That’s what happens when a bunch of populists are given a bit of power.

No hard decisions, just promise nirvana to everyone.

No wonder they have no chance of forming a govt down South.

Every party is involved in governing the north.

The heap you refer to is the track, trace and test process - they are doing a lot more testing than the south and hence finding more cases.

They are meeting today relating to implementing a 'circuit breaker' lockdown on the advice of the experts who they are listening to unlike Leo The Liar.

grayzer75 wrote: »

The heap you refer to is the track, trace and test process - they are doing a lot more testing than the south and hence finding more cases.

They are meeting today relating to implementing a 'circuit breaker' lockdown on the advice of the experts who they are listening to unlike Leo The Liar.

Nothing to do with the buck - lepping at McAleers Bar of course.

Aah ok, thanks for the info.

grayzer75 wrote: »

Why do you guys keep posting so many lies that are easily debunked?

https://www.ulster.ac.uk/coronavirus/research/impact/ni-covid-19-tracker

According to this tracker, there were 4,430 tests in Northern Ireland yesterday.

https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/

According to this tracker, there were 99,593 tests in the South over the last seven days, that is 14,227 per day on average.

The population of Northern Ireland in July 2020 was estimated 1,908,000

https://www.ukpopulation.org/northern-ireland-population/

The population of Ireland was estimated 4,953,000 as of October 2020

https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/ireland-population/

So the population ratio is approximately 2.6:1

If Northern Ireland is conducting 4,430 tests per day, then Ireland would need to be conducting 11,518 tests per day to keep up with the higher rate of testing in Northern Ireland, but we are only testing 14,227...........oh, there goes another Shinner excuse.

Keep up Blanch, I never mentioned "indoor funeral restrictions" this is another argument you invented and now wish to run with lol :D, I mentioned lockdowns being lifted, meaning people were free to travel to any other point on the island they seen fit.

Besides, you have been harping on for long enough now that "it wasn't a funeral" - now it is?

Is your real name Felipe Fillop?

When the lockdown was lifted, people weren't free to travel anywhere on the island to do anything they wanted. The advice was still to avoid unnecessary travel.

There were still restrictions on gathering, breached in the case of the Storey political rally. You are getting more desperate in your defence.

Look at Sinn Fein, they didn't breach this technical point of one of the restrictions, so everything is fine, even though they breached hundreds of other ones.

Give up on this one, the funeral broke the regulations, the politicians attending should follow the example of Golfgate and resign.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

When the lockdown was lifted, people weren't free to travel anywhere on the island to do anything they wanted. The advice was still to avoid unnecessary travel.

There were still restrictions on gathering, breached in the case of the Storey political rally. You are getting more desperate in your defence.

Look at Sinn Fein, they didn't breach this technical point of one of the restrictions, so everything is fine, even though they breached hundreds of other ones.

Give up on this one, the funeral broke the regulations, the politicians attending should follow the example of Golfgate and resign.

When we know the names of everyone at the Golfgate pissup we can judge who needs to resign of not. Also didn't a lot of those that were given token slaps on the wrist assigned to other roles?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Where's the example here?

https://twitter.com/LaurCah/status/1316038875052204040?s=19

Really? You really want to go down this road? I had a fair idea you would allow me to embarrass you yet again.

Coronavirus Ireland: Five things you will finally be able to do again on June 29 as lockdown lifted

I only copied number 1 blanch, it's all I needed to copy tbh.
    1. Travel anywhere in Ireland

One of the biggest changes will be the removal of all travel restrictions within Ireland, as the "stay local" advice has been discarded. This means you can visit anywhere in the country.

However, the Government is still advising against all non-essential travel outside of Ireland, for now. Passengers arriving here from overseas will also still be required to self-isolate for 14 days

And i wouldn't bother going down the west brit road of "the north is in the UK" if I were you, or you'll only end up embarrassing yourself further.

Honestly, how do you think this is going for yourself right now horse? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Overall a good budget, I'd be, against the huge carbon tax increase, but knew the Greens were money grabbers.
    But relatively happy with it in General.

• Advertisement

Correct and right Blanch, these lads will dance on the head of a pin for months eventually trying to tire one out.

Well done for putting them in their box.

Well done Brenner, the auld saying "I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong" is coming into my head right now.

You lads are great entertainment to be fair. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement