Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,431 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Excellent week for the Opposition who hardly have to lift a finger for controversy these days.
    Leo the Leak put through the ringer. The FFG Clifden Elite party returns to the front page and Judicial appointments under the spotlight again. FG have become more FF than FF were in their self serving hayday. The 'law and order' party can never use the phrase again without inviting ridicule (Murphy, Farrell, Bailey, Hogan, Mulherins, LeakyLeo, Handling of McCabe, Garda Commissioners/Corruption etc). This coalition is a game changer.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Are you actually saying that is a good week for the opposition?

It shows the government are incompetent but then the opposition are even worse because they couldn't even carry out a vote of no confidence.

Do you honestly think the public got value for money this week out of the government and the opposition?

Is this what we expect from the "best opposition ever"? a epsiode of a f**king soap each week and none of them providing anything of use to the general public?

A bad week for the country. You read my post it speaks for itself.
    All you want to do is deflect from the issues to talk about the opposition.
    Do you think FG served us well by having a member leak a confidential document to a pal and not hold him to account?
    Do you think the crony appointment of Woulfe while FG hid that there were 3 other applicants from FF/Greens, was the win?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Bowie wrote: »
    A bad week for the country. You read my post it speaks for itself.
    All you want to do is deflect from the issues to talk about the opposition.
    Do you think FG served us well by having a member leak a confidential document to a pal and not hold him to account?
    Do you think the crony appointment of Woulfe while FG hid that there were 3 other applicants from FF/Greens, was the win?

Soon to add John Concannon getting a nice little 163k a year job in the department of foreign affairs over other civil servants.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Believe what you want. FG are a running joke in my peer group. There's more going on than ragging on FG, but when they do come up, they're a source of mockery.

It’s a bit like Trump supporters in the US. I’ve got family there and they’re shocked at how well he polled given the scorn poured on him by the majority of my relatives circle pre election. So many afraid to admit that they approve of his policies.

It’s a bit like Trump supporters in the US. I’ve got family there and they’re shocked at how well he polled given the scorn poured on him by the majority of my relatives circle pre election. So many afraid to admit that they approve of his policies.

You liken Leo to Trump and think his leaking a confidential document to a pal and the crony appointment of Woulfe is about policy? Japers Maryanne
    The difference is Trump was popular and got lots of votes.
    I don't think you thought this one through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Floppybits wrote: »
    Soon to add John Concannon getting a nice little 163k a year job in the department of foreign affairs over other civil servants.
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/politics/department-foreign-affairs-staff-furious-23006383

Department of Foreign Affairs staff 'furious' as Leo Varadkar's spin doctor John Concannon 'parachuted' into top job

The Irish Mirror revealed in June that Mr Concannon travelled to Dublin from his home in Galway at least twice after the draconian 2km travel restriction was introduced at the end of March.
    He did this while being front and centre in sending out the message that no one was to travel.
    Mr Concannon was on Government business but other senior political figures either worked entirely remotely or stayed in the capital.
    Fianna Fail leader Micheal Martin stayed in Dublin full-time for the first lockdown and was not able to visit his family in Cork for more than 12 weeks.
    Mr Concannon has worked as a public servant for 17 years and there was no interview process for his return because he was seconded and still connected to the Department of Foreign Affairs.
    The salary range for his position ranges from €142,000 to €163,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Currently a poll on the journal about who people would vote for now.

FG ahead by a long shot with SF in second.

Wonder how much the last week people really care about.

It's about covid and people able to feed their families at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

A poll on the journal (that has fg ahead of sf by 3%) and is still open and running.

You're not even joking, are you?:D

McMurphy wrote: »
    A poll on the journal (that has fg ahead of sf by 3%) and is still open and running.

Wasn't 3% a while ago.

Why am I joking?

I was only commenting that it's an interesting poll.

Who knows maybe the last week is damaging.

Time will tell i suppose

Seems to be a huge swing for SF in the last while.

Nearly 50/50.

How would a new government look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Wasn't 3% a while ago.

Why am I joking?

I was only commenting that it's an interesting poll.

Who knows maybe the last week is damaging.

Time will tell i suppose

The reason I mentioned the joking was for a few different reasons, firstly the poll is still open and running, secondly it's a poll on the journal, even the comments section is full of commentators from either fg/sf supporters commenting on how easy it is to manipulate it.

Lastly - by questioning how much people care about the last week, are you admitting that Leo did wrong and people are overlooking it?

The reason I mentioned the joking was for a few different reasons, firstly the poll is still open and running, secondly it's a poll on the journal, even the comments section is full of commentators from either fg/sf supporters commenting on how easy it is to manipulate it.

Lastly - by questioning how much people care about the last week, are you admitting that Leo did wrong and people are overlooking it?

Some people yes, not everyone obviously.

Didn't know it was easy to manipulate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

According to the Journal poll today over 40% of people would STILL vote for FF/FG again.

There is no hope for this country. None. Name me 1 badly run country in the world and I will explain to you why sticking with FF/FG is a worse choice than whatever it is they are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

If you vote FG you only care about rich people buying their second/third whatever home, you don't give the slightest damn about workers trying to make a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Some people yes, not everyone obviously.

Didn't know it was easy to manipulate it.

SF ahead now on 35%, FG on 31%, FF 10% . Soc dems are at 5.6%. The rest are below that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

The_Brood wrote: »
    According to the Journal poll today over 40% of people would STILL vote for FF/FG again.

There is no hope for this country. None. Name me 1 badly run country in the world and I will explain to you why sticking with FF/FG is a worse choice than whatever it is they are doing.

Journal bans anyone who doesn't share their outlook

Journal bans anyone who doesn't share their outlook

Agree.

I left my one and only ever post criticising SF and then they deleted my account without any explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Floppybits wrote: »
    SF ahead now on 35%, FG on 31%, FF 10% . Soc dems are at 5.6%. The rest are below that.

Yeah,not terribly reliable, 6 of the sinn Féin votes are mine
    Voted in chrome,Samsung Internet and via an email browser link
    Then Removing cookies each time and I can vote as often as I want
    So that was 3 more
    Don't tell Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The_Brood wrote: »

North Korea, USA, UK, Cuba, Greece, Russia, China, Venezuela, Ethiopia, any African country, any former Soviet Union republic, any Balkan state.

Take your pick, there is a lot of choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Nobotty wrote: »
    Yeah,not terribly reliable, 6 of the sinn Féin votes are mine
    Voted in chrome,Samsung Internet and via an email browser link
    Then Removing cookies each time and I can vote as often as I want
    So that was 3 more
    Don't tell Trump

No No No, the online poll is a clear indication the public are turning against the parties like FF and FG

The posting of twitter comments is turning the public opinion from FF/FG and directly to SF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,431 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

It's gas how Barry Cowen is going on radio stations to defend the FG justice ministers. Same for Leo the Leak. He is really licking up to get back into cabinet.
    The amalgamation of FF+FG will soon be complete. I wonder how the driving lessons are going for him.
    Will McEntee run away from this all week or will she answer questions?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

No No No, the online poll is a clear indication the public are turning against the parties like FF and FG

The posting of twitter comments is turning the public opinion from FF/FG and directly to SF

You don't need online polls. The most recent election could have told you that.

i dunno

i guess maybe people see the pandemic, compare their lot to the rest of the world, must think something is going right.

admirable sense of perspective imo

would that more shared it

i dunno

i guess maybe people see the pandemic, compare their lot to the rest of the world, must think something is going right.

admirable sense of perspective imo

would that more shared it

Sh!tshow up North, Sh!show in the UK and US, fourth or fifth lowest in Europe for infections, and still some people aren't happy with how this government is handling things.

So much is taken for granted by those who give so little back.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Sh!tshow up North, Sh!show in the UK and US, fourth or fifth lowest in Europe for infections, and still some people aren't happy with how this government is handling things.

So much is taken for granted by those who give so little back.

I think the wealthy do very well. Do you think corporations and the like are hard done by?

The PR blarney that 'it's worse elswhere' has never been a credible defense of the keystone cop shenanigans of FF/FG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Bowie wrote: »
    I think the wealthy do very well. Do you think corporations and the like are hard done by?

The PR blarney that 'it's worse elswhere' has never been a credible defense of the keystone cop shenanigans of FF/FG.

Tell that to the people of Northern Ireland who are having to deal with the incompetency of the SF and DUP government, people are dying because of these idiots

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/covid-19-north-s-death-rate-in-second-wave-four-times-that-of-republic-1.4405793

• Registered Users Posts: 69,202 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Tell that to the people of Northern Ireland who are having to deal with the incompetency of the SF and DUP government, people are dying because of these idiots

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/covid-19-north-s-death-rate-in-second-wave-four-times-that-of-republic-1.4405793

Twice the DUP used the petition of concern in the last week to reject restriction tightening.

They used that petition of concern against the SDLP, The UUP, The Alliance PBP and SF.

Never let the truth get in the way of a political dig. Eh SK?

arah sure sf have nothing to do with anything

and if they did it would be perfect

and anything anyone else does is awful and stupid

the ****in level of discourse is great, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,202 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

arah sure sf have nothing to do with anything

and if they did it would be perfect

and anything anyone else does is awful and stupid

the ****in level of discourse is great, lads.

SF are part of an executive not a government. An executive made up of 6 parties, all of them with a say in the devolved powers, which are limited.

They are a part of whatever problems NI have as a result of executive decision making or not making decisions as the case may be.
    What the executive isn't is a coalition of SF/DUP. The Irish government is a coalition of parties named in this thread's title.

• Advertisement

SF are part of an executive not a government. An executive made up of 6 parties, all of them with a say in the devolved powers, which are limited.

They are a part of whatever problems NI have as a result of executive decision making or not making decisions as the case may be.
    What the executive isn't is a coalition of SF/DUP. The Irish government is a coalition of parties named in this thread's title.

Microscopic hair-splitting to hide embarrassment.

Fact is Sinn Fein collapsed the Executive and the Assembly over the use of the petition of concern in relation to the burning of wood pellets and an Irish Language Act. People dying in the streets because the hospitals are too full is not important enough of an issue to rank up there.

Even the Healy-Rae's would make a better fist of running the North than Sinn Fein do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement