Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

A few people seem to be confused. This is a poll: https://www.redcresearch.ie/latest-polls/live-polling-tracker/
    Yes I posted an opinion piece but at least I got one from RedC. Then I was "corrected" with an opinion piece from a rag of a paper, to get "corrected" again with a picture of said rag.
    The childish comments :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Maybe I am blind but I don't see any poll in that link, just an opinion piece. Also if anything it confirms my point in regards to Leo. So whats the relevance

I would acceopt you are busy BUT you have been posting non stop on this thread and others. So not really that busy are you?

'Non stop'? Do you know the meaning of those words? :)

Alright you want to ignore the figures clearly stated in that article about a poll. Fair enough. Grist to the mill.

'Non stop'? Do you know the meaning of those words? :)

Alright you want to ignore the figures clearly stated in that article about a poll. Fair enough. Grist to the mill.

I made a point about Leo laughing at how useless SF are, you sent an article which says Fine Gael remains the most popular party in the country on 35%, up from the 21% it received in this year's general election. Which proved my point.

Whats going on with cervical check tribunal

The 221 group has walked away in frustration at negociations.....these women have been through enough,why are they being blaggraded for political purposes

You asked a question and then answered it yourself. Job done.

All joking aside please tell us what is going on?

I made a point about Leo laughing at how useless SF are, you sent an article which says Fine Gael remains the most popular party in the country on 35%, up from the 21% it received in this year's general election. Which proved my point.

No, I said I hoped Leo continued laughing because that is precisely the disregard for the law and the people that the opposition wish to highlight.

• Advertisement

No, I said I hoped Leo continued laughing because that is precisely the disregard for the law and the people that the opposition wish to highlight.

But the opposition haven't highlighted it. All they did was waste a day in Dail at the cost of thousands at what only could be described as a PR activity which back fired. Everyone knew before they even tried the no confidence vote it wouldn't work yet SF decided they would go ahead. Not really showing us "best opposition ever", more like a shower of bumbling idiots that couldnt even call a no confidence vote without getting the backing. If I remember correctly it wasn't just FF/Green/FG who voted with Leo, it was loads of people.

But the opposition haven't highlighted it. All they did was waste a day in Dail at the cost of thousands at what only could be described as a PR activity which back fired. Everyone knew before they even tried the no confidence vote it wouldn't work yet SF decided they would go ahead. Not really showing us "best opposition ever", more like a shower of bumbling idiots that couldnt even call a no confidence vote without getting the backing. If I remember correctly it wasn't just FF/Green/FG who voted with Leo, it was loads of people.

Helen is on the news now, defending herself. She is there because of opposition pressure that she account. Just as Leo had to go through two sessions of accounting for his wrongdoing that he confessed to.

If you are politically naïve enough to think this isn't having an effect, well carry on. I'm not gonna complain.
    No doubt you'll once again be wondering why the power swap's share of the vote is falling and why FG polled 21% in the last election and FF only polled 22%

Leo is a slippery one, if you are going to get him you need to get him properly. If SF are going to call a no-confidence vote at the drop of a hat he will be laughing all the way back to the top because in the end the public will just get bored. It was a waste of time & money by SF to call it because it was never going to work. They should have pulled it because from a PR point of view it was a disaster.
    If SF was the best opposition ever they would wait and then nail him across the board, call no-confidence vote and he would have to be voted out. Not this half-assed approach they have done. I said it numerous times, people are bored of turning on the TV and SF are crowing about something, at this stage it is just noise and they have no coherent message, just everything is bad. If it was a good party they would already have brought down this government because it's a bit of a disaster

Helen is on the news now, defending herself. She is there because of opposition pressure that she account. Just as Leo had to go through two sessions of accounting for his wrongdoing that he confessed to.

If you are politically naïve enough to think this isn't having an effect, well carry on. I'm not gonna complain.
    No doubt you'll once again be wondering why the power swap's share of the vote is falling and why FG polled 21% in the last election and FF only polled 22%

Last election? prior to Covid. Get with the times mate, that is 10 lifetimes ago. How is Helen getting on? bet they don't get a finger on her.

Last election? prior to Covid. Get with the times mate, that is 10 lifetimes ago. How is Helen getting on? bet they don't get a finger on her.

Rabbit in the headlights would be my description of that interview.

• Advertisement

Just on Helen's Six One performance...it's getting called out already. It's off to Terry Prone Finishing School for her before the Dáil. :)

https://twitter.com/fionnansheahan/status/1329859612452003840

Flicked on news on RTE+1. The opening story is the sh*t storm up the North. 14 deaths and case through the roof. Things open for 1 week to close again, pure confusion.
    Is that not more important? I don't see you discussing that but you spent days here complaining about the Irish government as they reduced the numbers

Just on Helen's Six One performance...it's getting called out already. It's off to Terry Prone Finishing School for her before the Dáil. :)

https://twitter.com/fionnansheahan/status/1329859612452003840

Rabbit in the headlights would be my description of that interview.

So far watching the news, RTE and SF/DUP are the ones in the headlights :P

Flicked on news on RTE+1. The opening story is the sh*t storm up the North. 14 deaths and case through the roof. Things open for 1 week to close again, pure confusion.
    Is that not more important? I don't see you discussing that but you spent days here complaining about the Irish government as they reduced the numbers

We are in Level 5 with stagnant or rising numbers. No place to be pointing fingers from.
    The north is a failed state i just hope they can turn it around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Leo is a slippery one, if you are going to get him you need to get him properly. If SF are going to call a no-confidence vote at the drop of a hat he will be laughing all the way back to the top because in the end the public will just get bored. It was a waste of time & money by SF to call it because it was never going to work. They should have pulled it because from a PR point of view it was a disaster.
    If SF was the best opposition ever they would wait and then nail him across the board, call no-confidence vote and he would have to be voted out. Not this half-assed approach they have done. I said it numerous times, people are bored of turning on the TV and SF are crowing about something, at this stage it is just noise and they have no coherent message, just everything is bad. If it was a good party they would already have brought down this government because it's a bit of a disaster

Slipper would be for people who aren't caught and didn't admit what they did surely? Him not being held to account was a FF/FG/Green decision not because LV was in any way slick.
    We should thank SF/SD/Lab for putting the government on their uppers. We need to put a spotlight on government behaviour and the unwillingness to hold it's member to account. And yes FF/FG/Green seem to have an endless supply of things to raise.

We are in Level 5 with stagnant or rising numbers. No place to pointing fingers.

The people of the North are failed by SF and DUP. It is embarrassing now you are making excuses for them while trying to complain about the Rep government.

Bit disgraceful that SF fans are making excuses for them.

We are in Level 5 with stagnant or rising numbers. No place to be pointing fingers from.

If the north was faring better we'd be hearing 'imagine how bad it would be if SF were in charge'. Stuff and nonsense.

The people of the North are failed by SF and DUP. It is embarrassing now you are making excuses for them while trying to complain about the Rep government.

Bit disgraceful that SF fans are making excuses for them.

So I didnt see SF SDLP Alliance and The UUP all come together to try and do something only for the DUP to abuse the Cross Community veto to stop them?

Bowie wrote: »
    If the north was faring better we'd be hearing 'imagine how bad it would be if SF were in charge'. Stuff and nonsense.

So I didnt see SF SDLP Alliance and The UUP all come together to try and do something only for the DUP to abuse the Cross Community veto to stop them?

More excuses, its embarrassing. Can you honestly be taken seriously with this type of posting. One minute complaining about the confusion by the FF/FG/Green party and next minute making excuses for worse confusion in the North. Stuff and nonsense is 100% correct.

By the way I watched the McEntee interview, as predicted nobody laid a finger on her, another embarrassing display for the opposition. What will Pearse and Mary Lou be crowing about on Monday? bet it won't be the death rate in the North.

• Advertisement

More excuses, its embarrassing. Can you honestly be taken seriously with this type of posting. One minute complaining about the confusion by the FF/FG/Green party and next minute making excuses for worse confusion in the North. Stuff and nonsense is 100% correct.

What excuses and for what? You seem to be just rattling off sound bites with no substance. Can you clarify the claim you are making and the excuse I'm giving on behalf of SF, is it?

Also you asked what was the cause of homelessness the other day and answers were given and then you were asked. What do you think is the cause of homelessness?

By the way I watched the McEntee interview, as predicted nobody laid a finger on her, another embarrassing display for the opposition. What will Pearse and Mary Lou be crowing about on Monday? bet it won't be the death rate in the North.

David McCullagh isn't the opposition SK. Keep up!

You are not the first on here to gloat about the death rate in the north to have a political swipe. We had a Unionist do it about our figures when they were higher too. Pretty sick carry on if you ask me. But there you go.

Bowie wrote: »
    What excuses and for what? You seem to be just rattling off sound bites with no substance. Can you clarify the claim you are making and the excuse I'm giving on behalf of SF, is it?

Also you asked what was the cause of homelessness the other day and answers were given and then you were asked. What do you think is the cause of homelessness?

Watch the RTE news.

Sorry I don't sit on this 24x7 so not sure what the point is on homelessness. I would expect you are trying to change the subject

David McCullagh isn't the opposition SK. Keep up!

You are not the first on here to gloat about the death rate in the north to have a political swipe. We had a Unionist do it about our figures when they were higher too. Pretty sick carry on if you ask me. But there you go.

Disgraceful comment. You should hang your head in shame.

Disgraceful comment. You should hang your head in shame. Disgusting.

Here is what you said. You used the death rate in the North to take a political swipe. There is nothing shameful about the telling the truth about what you just did.
    What will Pearse and Mary Lou be crowing about on Monday? bet it won't be the death rate in the North.

Here is what you said. You used the death rate in the North to take a political swipe. There is nothing shameful about the telling the truth about what you just did.

Keep telling yourself that. If you want to fill up the forum with disgusting comments off you go.

Keep telling yourself that. If you want to fill up the forum with disgusting comments off you go.

The anti SF crew play this macabre competition. It's not the victims that matter it's the political capital they can extract from them. Same as they do with selective victims of the conflict/war - the 'list'.

It's obscene.

Watch the RTE news.

Sorry I don't sit on this 24x7 so not sure what the point is on homelessness. I would expect you are trying to change the subject

You have failed to clarify. I'm to watch the news to see what claim you are making and decipher how I'm making excuses? Seriously? I'll take it as nonsensical words thrown out.

Au contraire, we were talking about housing and homelessness yesterday and you asked what were the causes? You got responses and in turn were asked and you moved on. That's okay.
    On changing the subject, you realise you are in a FF/FG/Green government thread ranting about SF up north?

The anti SF crew play this macabre competition. It's not the victims that matter it's the political capital they can extract from them. Same as they do with selective victims of the conflict/war - the 'list'.

It's obscene.

I'm not sure it's even genuine anti-SF it's more for distraction. If PBP were handing them their arse or calling them out on FG's latest, they'd be on Gino smoking a joint or something.

• Advertisement

It's obscene.

What are you talking about? this is a forum and if I look at this thread and the Sinn Fein one, it is the same posters and you are miles out in front in terms of quantity, So please explain why you are throwing around accusation?
    Political capital is a metaphor used in political theory to conceptualize the accumulation of resources and power built through relationships, trust, goodwill, and influence between politicians or parties and other stakeholders, such as constituents.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement